Is FLCL the anime version of Rick and Morty?

Is FLCL the anime version of Rick and Morty?

No, its not.

Yes.

Hello Sup Forums from the realm of rabb.it

false

What other stuff does this image apply to exactly? I can think of Deadpool.

Definitly deadpool
Family guy
South park (sometimes)

You know FLCL tickets all those boxes?

Terrible bait. How does it check any of those boxes?

me gay

Excellent analysis. Only thing off with it, is I'm pretty sure "the smartest show on television" was meant as ironic self-deprecation, and not as a serious claim.

Also, why the hell would R&M get discussed on Sup Forums? Isn't it Sup Forums's thing?

Pretty much anything ever released; especially any Novel, Television, or Cinema released after Star Wars perfected the Monomyth as a storytelling formula to the point that companies were forever afraid to deviate from that standard.

Dan Harmon posted his creative process for The Community online, and I'm sure it applies to Rick and Morty as well. Pretending it isn't formulaic is dumb, but pretending it's reddit tier when 90% of all media is formulaic as well is even dumber.

Fuck no
delet

It's not about being formulaic; it's about adhering to a particular formula that is well-associated with Reddit's userbase.

No, and if this isn't just bait I have no idea where you'd even get that idea.
I feel like some of those points are missing the joke and others take the show entirely too seriously, but so does the unbearable fanbase, and this isn't really the place to debate any of that anyways.
You could certainly claim it ticks pretty much everything but corporate complicity, but you'd be missing the point even more than the original pic.

It ticks all of them except for corporate complicity

Can you give any specific examples?

Pop culture: mentions other mangos/animus and has about 1 minute worth of south park reference.

The rest is pretty self explanatory.

If anything, anime Rick and Morty is Space Dandy.

No, Rick and Morty is hot garbage.

OP must be new to anime

yeah, but you don't think it's also well associated with Sup Forums's userbase?

Urusai

>nobody cares if you enjoy watching rick and morty
The fact that he went out of his way to write his big-ass essay contradicts that statement.

FLCL is way more charming because it isn't complete aids to look at.