Jesus christ how could I watch this as a kid ?

Jesus christ how could I watch this as a kid ?
This shit can get seriously depressing, it's like every episode is a different flavour of despair and agony.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fg66TREkVUE
youtube.com/watch?v=lrNjG2FOfsM
youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your brain doesn't register such things when you are young.

Is this worth watching in 2017?

it reminds me of kino no tabi, but in space

Sounds nice, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fg66TREkVUE

italian superior opening

If you like melancholic shows with depressing endings, then yes.

It's to prepare kids to what awaits them in life.
Bullshit, I've never seen the anime, I've just seen the first episode and it left a huge impression on me as a kid, I still remember how sad, melancholic and beautiful it was.

Same for Watership Down.

Even the OST makes you want to kill yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=lrNjG2FOfsM

Avoid the US version it's heavily censured.

It also sparked my erotic attraction for Matsumoto's ethereal female figures.

>bad guy kills MC's mother
>MC takes revenge in the first episode by brutally murdering bad guy
Manly as fuck. If this were made today MC would literally never get revenge.

This should be a Sup Forums banner.

>I've just seen the first episode
Same for me as a kid. That shit traumatized me.

Now imagine if you've watched the rest 112 episodes with each ending on a note of total despair and sadness.

Nah, there's some optimism too. Just enough to make it not totally bleak and give Tetsuro some cause for hope.

I watched this when I was depressed as heck and it actually kind of cheered me up.

Is it normal that I wanted to fuck Maetel as a kid?

Well, watching dramas and melancholic stuff when you are depressed usually helps better than watching comedy and action movies.

Maetel is for loving , not fucking , you sick fuck.

You can do both.

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI
There used to be some pretty dark shit in shows aimed for kids, also comes to mind.
I don't know if they make them like this anymore.

It wasn't all depressing. The only episode I can remember was pretty optimistic.

It was the episode about the planet where all the farmers became fat asses and got the robots to do all the work, and the farmer wife nostalgias how happy she was with her husband before robots (and not fat).

The episode ends with fat people not being so fat anymore since the robots break down.

That's optimistic. Fat asses don't need to stay fat. That's something I've remembered even 20+ years after seeing this episode as a kid.

I like the episodes where they walk around in their underwear for the whole episode.

disgusting

Remember that you didn't fully understand it back then. I still prefer Yamato though.

It's almost like people are afraid to let kids have emotions anymore. Parents don't want kids being too sad or too scared, so things can't be bleak or thoughtful. Which is a damn shame. Things have to tow that middle line of mass appeal.

What?
I agree with this so much.
And I've also just remebered about Terabithia.

>read about Terabithia
>Its content has been the frequent target of censors and appears at number eight on the American Library Association list of the 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books for the decade 1990–2000.

Welp, didn't even know about this when I posted. It really seems like adults don't like children to feel emotions. What the fuck is wrong with the world? Especially the burgers.

mama

I watched it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it though the ending was a little predictable giving it is a kid's show but it still has some excellent episodes like the one where the guy who clones himself.

So who is your favourite girl besides Maetel? For me it is 100% Ryuzu with underwater mud hut girl a close second.

Do you think a reboot or sequel would be next? I think I'd honestly like a sequel giving how Tetsuro's story is a classic and it's over and done with. I'd like to see what Maetel's new mission is.

is horriblesubs ripped from the US version?

I'd go with Live Evil's version

help me here, I'm tight on space

Then delete shit you don't need anymore

>Not having 2Gb HDD in almost 2018

all I asked is if horriblesubs ripped from the US version. god you are insufferable.

Best female character design in the history of anime, along with Reiji Matsumoto's other works.