Magi 366 raws

wasabisyrup.com/archives/Kww9UweHe7Y

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/uGxjA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jesus, I've never seen Sup Forums stop caring about a manga as fast as they did with this one.

Because it went full retard

I blame Sinbad

>date of rukia's execution has been changed

fuck i meant second panel don't lunch me

Because it's not a manga for everyone. Most likely shonenfag will never like it. It is a manga that focuses on strong and atypical themes. That is, it contains unusual and delicate arguments, so it can not target the mass, but only a small circle of people seeking this type of story. In short, look at The Tatami Galaxy or Texhnolyze. Do you look like a series that many people are talking about? Even when they came out very few looked at them, because they are atypical series that point to even more than tell a story.

Nice pasta, where it come from?

(pretty sure this is pasta, but I'll bite)
People used to like this manga. Then it got dragged out and almost everyone just dropped it.

>Korean
>raw

Please, this series got dropped by people the moment Sinbad started sucking up pages. The themes present are FMA-tier at best, but after the amazing arcs like Magnostadt the writer couldn't keep up that level of quality anymore. It's like what happened with One Piece and the Maniford saga, the author blew their load and couldn't follow that up.

And people liked economics and the revitalization of Kou until it became the "Sinbad is the final boss" show.

Magi is a warning to all writers to not let their pet character undermine their own writing.

>It's like what happened with One Piece and the Maniford saga, the author blew their load and couldn't follow that up.

OP is as high quality as ever, though. OP stayed at a relatively consistent level of quality from Water 7 onward except Impel Down, fuck that supporting cast. The only thing that took a big hit was the quality of the animation in the anime adaptation, which has at least returned to Punk Hazard levels.

Dropped it when they had to fight the multibad.

> then: god tier manga
> now: generic and boring manga

What happened?

The sinbading.

SenseScans are fucking dragging their feet with their releases.

Why is it still ongoing? Why is Sinbad still alive? What the fuck is going on here? Why I don't care anymore?

Magi was sorta decent until it went full retard with Sinbad.

>OP is as high quality as ever, though.
I admit that my statement is somwhat subjective, but there is a reason why people complain about the post time skip arcs of one piece. Some people (myself included) feel like Oda has fallen into worse writing habits, especially with regards to power scaling, pacing, and the overall direction of the series.

Whether or not you agree with this is one thing. But its still observable that there is one arc, or series of arcs, that are considered the high water mark of both series. Both are massive war arcs proceeded by the MC undergoing some personal test. And both series have varying statements of quality afterwards by fans.

No one cares anymore.

l remember when l thought this was the best modern shonen

then harry potter arc happend, then the pants on head retarded origin backstory, then hakuryuu going full sasuke faggot, interspersed by hamfisted pairing drama

too bad it had potential but instead it turned into sandnigger naruto

I wouldn't say that there's anything close to a consensus that Marineford is OP's strongest arc. Just about the only consensus that I can see is regarding Thriller Bark and Fishman Island not being in the running for the best arc in the series. Also, only one of these two franchises has experienced a mass exodus of fans.

Thriller Bark was pretty fun. Fuck fishman though, I just went back to it a few months ago and the thing is literally structured and executed like a OP movie.

Who gives a shit about the western opinion.

Magi is still doing really good in Japan.

>Marineford is OP's strongest arc
No, not just maniford but the entire saga of Maniford. (Saboady, amazon lilly, impel down, and maniford bay) as compared to (magnostadt, world war arc)

Both of those moments are incredibly strong moments for their respective series and yes, even in the OP threads it's where you will see opinions vary about whether things afterwards stayed as good or dropped.

And Fishman island was an arc filled with jobbers. It only exists to make the straw hats look good by comparing them to Arlong-tier villains.

it went from 8th best selling series in 2014 to 20th these past two years

it tanked hard

Honestly, I enjoy Magi as much as I did before and don't really understand the vocal disappointment. Perhaps people had come up with too many certain expectations which weren't met?

Japan is irrelevant

It was 20th for two years without any anime promotion. Few other series like Kingdom manage to stay in top fifty among thousands of published manga. It is still the top 1% of the industry.

When it comes to manga, only Japan matters.

Japan has infamously bad taste in their own stuff
They are irrelevant

>Who gives a shit about the western opinion.
>Japan is irrelevant
Well which is it?

Manga sells millions of volume copies in Japan.

The biggest Western manga market, France, can't even go above the 300k copies. Americastan is even below that, in mere tens of thousands of copies. Even combined, the West is irrelevant.

You don't get it.
It is not about who consumes it most
But who has the best critical eye
And Japan is shit at being critical about their manga and anime

Is 364 translated? Every place I checked skipped directly to 365 today.

>trusting any country to have a critical eye
>not forming your own opinion of what you like regardless of sales or critics
The only country I think gets it is France, and that's solely because they turn out translations for stuff like Karakuri Circus and Arms Peddler. I'll be dammed if I care what a Frenchman actually says about a Manga though.

All I cared about was Mor. Of course it shafted her though, it's fucking shounen.

How is Morgiana so perfect in every single way?

Are you implying US has a critical eye for anything when shit like Avatar, Game of Thrones and Bieber top the charts?

You are so right, Alibaba.

I'm only here for the fish.

I stopped caring about magi when it turned into the first yugioh anime season.
>Nice try Sindbad but you just activated my trap card
>ara ara your trap just activated my second trap
>your trap activated my anti trap trap card
The "fight" between David and Sindbad is just a giant clusterfuck.

>got hyped when mor finally joined the fray after so long
>get to see her perfect legs in action again
>literally just kicks one guy and that's it
Why?

They don't care since Magi hasn't been generating much traffic on their website, stuff like Kingdom get 10x more traffic on their page, that's why one gets regular release while the other is just an after thought now.

I made a Magi thread without checking the catalog like a dumbass. I'll dump the full chapter here instead.

So I haven't been keeping up with chapters is this arba? Or is this David and Sinbad fused together?

God i wish the translation for this werent so fucken slow

That's David.

We've been getting translations every week though. That's better than anything we had before.

I will always like it for their talk-talk-talking. Magnostadt and the recent Sinbad-Alibaba-Arba debates were fun.

The manga went full retard with Sinbadwank.

>those legs
Morgiana does things to me.

Times change, worlds burn, but Mor always goes nopan

This is so comforting

Easy access for Baba as soon as this clusterfuck is done. They aren't going to waste any time and will start breeding immediately. Truly best girl. And to think once upon a time people genuinely thought she got together with Hakuryuu.

I want to hold hands with Baba's daughter.

Those black eyes are super creepy somehow

To think that Baba alone destroyed everything that fishfags have ever stood for

I want Aladdin to fuck Fish just to rub salt in their wounds.

>And to think once upon a time people genuinely thought she got together with Hakuryuu.
Those were the days. Ironically those threads were the last of the active Magi threads on Sup Forums before chapter 314 happened.

Well we got several straight threads of people laughing at Fishfags and then commending Baba for his good taste.

I'd rather have dead threads than have the Fishbabafags back. I remember on that one chapter where Morgiana "dumped" Alibaba those faggots came back running just to get BTFO again one week later. Cancerous fucks.

Because the final arc is all about pseudo science and magic and it just feels like those shitty new age stuff you see on the internet. It's just plain bad.

Got held up for a while, sorry.

What's this about? Are they going to make Baba the President of the World by sacrificing all other kings?

Done.

What's happening to them? It looks like they're getting sliced in half.

#MAKA
MAKE
ALIBABA
KING
AGAIN

They might as well, since he's the only KV who isn't a useless shit.

My guess is that they need to let Alibaba win the King vessel war and become the one true King.

Would he really be okay with that? Seems like he'd put up a little bit of a fight at least.

I think it's #12 now?

>Making Baba ascend to Godhood by sacrificing all the fodder
I am perfectly OK with this.

I'm a massive Morfag but I don't want Fish to die.

Fish a cute, I wouldn't argue either.

Shw will avoid death with the power of being best.

>Please, this series got dropped by people the moment Sinbad started sucking up pages.
Absolutely this. I don't know whether any executive meddling was involved, or if it was the author's own decision, but it's clear as day that there is a heavy amount of favouritism leaning towards Sinbad over the other characters in this manga.

The problem with that is, like you said, it undermines the narrative of the story when you deliberately make a single character tower above everyone else; all the efforts you go to portraying this one character and having him take up page after page, comes at the expense of pretty much every other character. It's especially irksome when you realise this guy has his very own manga anyway.

A lot of people have come to dislike Sinbad in the past year for these reasons. I still kind of like him, but I do wish he'd fuck off.

>tfw I'm the planets only Aladdin/Hakueifag

>Hakuei

Who

Hakuryus sister who got possessed by Arba then was in a coma. She was the first female friend Aladdin made alone and I'm also a huge /ss/fag.

>Is 364 translated?
Yes.
imgur.com/a/uGxjA

I am the only Aladdin/Fishfag.

Don't know her.

>the only
There's hundreds of Fish/Aladdin art pieces.

Yeah, that sounds like something Alibaba would do. He hates being put on a pedestal.

But then, so did Solomon.

Cute. Wonder why he got mad here

Thank you, user. I wonder why they skipped this.

Are we going for the "David actually loved Solomon/David just wanted love" route?

God i hope not.

That said, i cant see David as some traumatized kid that started clinging to fate because the big shitty monsters keep eating his family like popsicles.

Why did Ohtaka randomly decide Aladdin was going to want Fish's fish anyway? She's been putting it in every omake lately.

Fuck them they are all fake. Fish/Aladdin is fairly a new hit.

Omakes are the best part of Magi now.