What's Sup Forums opinion on Tsuki ga Kirei? Is this the best romance Anime has to offer?

what's Sup Forums opinion on Tsuki ga Kirei? Is this the best romance Anime has to offer?

I have trouble giving it any kind of sensible rating, because the series as a whole it had a lot wrong with it, but the love story itself is absolutely incredible.

It's a refreshing take on romance anime in general.

Everything you would expect like love triangles, cuckery and misunderstandings gets either resolved or it doesn't mean much because that's how it actually works in real life.

It's pretty nostalgic and a realistic view of teenage couples, since they mostly just text eachother.

The only really jarring thing is it being a big advert for LINE and the "pls breed japan" ending.

It was great.

>The only really jarring thing is it being a big advert for LINE and the "pls breed japan" ending.
I will never understand this or why anyone would watch anything with this kind of ideas in their minds, also you can get the same message from approximately the 95% of anime out there, it only depends on what is in your mind while you watch it.

I'm pretty sure it legit had LINEā„¢ product placement.

its for teens

So what's the problem with using an app used by teens on the current era in an anime which setting is about teens on the current era? And besides these threads talking about it I never noticed it in the anime, they mention it like once and that's it. I mean, it's ok to talk about it, but if you think it had any kind of relevance or interference in the anime overall then that's just your weird opinion.

>I never noticed it in the anime
Pay more attention then, they namedrop that shit at least once per episode.

It's not that there's anything wrong with the characters using LINE specifically, it's just a bit jarring to hear about it again and again.

Oh I payed attention very well, but look at that, out of all the things I remember about the series, LINE only comes to mind when someone mention it in these threads, anyways, is not like it's important and that's the point, it's only important if you want it to be, and I don't see why anyone would about something so irrelevant.

It's refreshing but overrated.

Good but boring.

>what's Sup Forums opinion on Tsuki ga Kirei?
It's good.

>Is this the best romance Anime has to offer?
No.

>what's Sup Forums opinion on Tsuki ga Kirei?
Irrelevant. The boards average user is around 20 or younger that requires a quirky cast or art style to not "be bored".

>Is this the best romance Anime has to offer
It is, by a fairly big margin.

It wouldn't even make a top 20. You really need to start watching anime that is older than a few years.

I've probably watched more older japanese cartoons than you

I would kill for an anime exclusively made of post-credits shorts from Tsuki Ga Kirei. Basically Tsurezure Children with way fewer autists

>"B-b-but it's just some boy screaming all alone at a train!"

No shit you dumb sluts but let me tell you why this is fucking art. Tsuki Ga Kirei, most will tell you, is a quiter anime than most. There's no "NANIIII?!!?" or shrieking over comedy hijinks. Characters speak normal and softly, our two main characters even more than others. The entire premise is these two introverted kids stumbling through life and into romance, not sure what the fuck they're really doing. At most they'll mumble some encouragements to each other, at worst sit beside each other in silence. Of course they open to one another over the course of the series, but it's all still little steps forward, like poking your toe into a river to check the temperature.

So then the ending happens. It's over. He's already missed his chance, the train is gone, his first love shooting off to someplace without even a goodbye. But he doesn't give up. Instead he runs his ass off to some stupid outlook next to where the train passes by, and to do what?

To fucking SCREAM. This introverted quiet young boy, who had spent the past 12 episodes slowly putting one foot forward in front of the other, mumbling his way through a relationship, standing in silence confused when the girl he loved cried, suddenly just shouts at the top of his lungs.

That was the change right there. He was no longer that confused timid boy, unsure of what love or growing up was. He had become a man, and he was going to chase the girl he loved to the ends of the earth and time itself.

Fuck it I'm crying again fuck you people. I just finished this anime and had to type something out.

BDs are out in 1.5 weeks, bundled with BD exclusive shorts. Wonder how many we'll get.

>bundled with BD exclusive shorts.
Wow, that's some great news.

What was the 2ch's reception with this? Did they even watch this?

The BDs have had an almost perfect 5/5 rating on Amazon ever since they started being available for pre-order. 2chs reception of the last episode was basically comparable to that which I dont understand since I think that the ending is one of the shows weaker aspects.

very nice. I thought japs wouldnt appreciate this under-the-radar series

Like this pasta

>under-the-radar
My sides.

but it is though. I will never hear normalfags mention this thing

It was incredibly under the radar until reddit spammed threads after its ending. We were very rarely able to fill a single thread per week. The ending brought in all the mentally deranged retards, its a shame really.

>love triangles, cuckery and misunderstandings gets either resolved or it doesn't mean much because that's how it actually works in real life
I don't wanna blogpost or anything, but I've known some people that had shit like that unresolved for years. When I see that in anime I don't get pissed because it's unrealistic, but because it reminds me of those idiots. Also considring how often I see news articles about someone killed over this kinda thing. I think you're either an airhead or just got really lucky with your social circle

Just because the threads were rather nice/dead doesnt mean the series is under the radar, there are nothing much to post or discuss other than posting caps/webm from the episode that you find funny, powerful or whatever. I'm glad the series didnt have shitload of blogging in its thread and dies nicely in its early days.
Someone posted a graph of sort, I'm not sure if its the episode rating or pre-order or both but series sold or rated pretty well in japan.

It was really great.

>doesnt mean
Then what does for ongoing? We are talking about Sup Forums, after all.

The amazon graph is fairly deceiving to say the least. Not only is this pre-orders which can get canceled, the amount of points it had were still fairly low. I mean, it definitely sold more than Flip Flappers but still not all that well I'd say.

It's pretty good. Easily one of the best romance anime in recent years. Was a breath of fresh air in a time when creativity is fucking dead in the medium
That would be White Album 2

Tsuki ga Kino

Show sold 5k copies lad

I agree if its under the radar for shitposting until chinatsu or that club senpai gave some anons ideas on something to post but saying its under the radar is pretty doubtful to me if the metric is IP count or thread posts.

I cant remember the exact graph, it might be that one or something from the stalker thread.

a) You got a source for that?
b) Also need to consider that its a fairly low priced, bunbled release and does sell you 2 episodes for 80 bucks like all others but instead sells all of them for less than 200.

A bit more than 5k

user thats points, not BD sales.

Points are pre orders
So sales basically

>Is the best romance Anime has to offer?
That would be Toradora

That would be Oreimo

>pre-orders are sales
user, are you ok?

T. Line shill

Think you misspelled Sagiris Wild Ride

kek

The best romance anime is Kare Kano.

try Toradora, Skipbeats, Kimi no Todoke, or Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

Jesus Christ

Why is anime so expensive?

that's an okay story too, but I wouldn't exactly call it "romance"

When will this "Toradora is good" meme end?

well, it's been 10 years, maybe it's possible people aren't trolling and might actually have different taste in anime from you in a few areas?

Hey OP, you should check out School Days. It's a fun, light hearted anime about the innocence of young love, the awkwardness of learning how to form relationships with girls, and the loveliness of a sanguine boat ride through a verdant fjord. If you like romance, then I can't possibly give this a higher recommendation.

>and might actually have absolutely atrocious taste
ftfy

This is a bad meme. Kare Kano is overrated as fuck and really not very good. Main couple had absolutely no chemistry and the male love interest was boring as hell.

>had absolutely no chemistry
When will THIS shit meme finally stop?

Never because it's true. Male love interest has literally no interesting character traits, and the only thing memorable about him is his dumb edgy backstory. This, coupled with the fact that the two main characters are fucking boring to watch together makes it a bad anime.
In romance shows you have to have two interesting characters, and a strong rapport between them. Kare Kano has neither of those things.

It's an average teenage romance, there's nothing special about it.
Also fucking LINEshill

>Was a breath of fresh air in a time when creativity is fucking dead in the medium
>Tsuki ga Kirei
>creative

>chemistry
Fuck off to /reddit/.

Arima raped Yukino though