Where did it all go so wrong?

Where did it all go so wrong?

When Anno and Imanishi left.

Now they're lucky that they even get any subcontracted work.

They didn't do anything wrong, it's just that the metaphorical band members broke up and went their separate ways. They started out as amateurs and equals, and at some point they all wanted to be in charge. So they split. Happens to all loose corporations.

Trigger

Imaishi and his retard gang were the cancer killing Gainax. Then they spawned their own monstrosity and became the cancer killing anime.

Interesting fact: Gainax were never good, and would be rarely discussed at all if NGE didn't exist.

wish Anno would make an actual anime again

Anno betrayed them.

I know right, Gainax has been hitting home run after home run since they left.

Board exec retards messing with the auteurs in two different decades (Anno and Imaishi).

Panty & Stocking...

An anime so bad neither studio wants to touch it ever again. How do you manage to produce so much condensed shit?

Reminder that Honneamise and Kare Kano are the only good Gainax anime

Were they the master minds?

Anno was one of the original founders. Imaishi just came along in the 90s and became more productive than Anno ever could.

That's not true considering that TTLG exist

The true Gainax lives on in Studio Khara and Studio Trigger. Even if they are slightly lesser in every way.

I really don't get any of the Gainax feeling from Khara.

Not giving Medaka Box a Season 3

Nihon Animator Mihonichi was very Gainax, and other than that it's just Rebuilds and Ryuu no Haisha, which were directed by two of Gainax' biggest contributors.

Rebuilds are more franchise-milking than anything like what we saw from Gainax's prime, and the other two aren't related by anything but staff.

>no Akubi o Suru ni wa Wake ga Aru
>no Aoki Uru
What are they doing?

Me Me Me and Sex and Violence among a few other shorts in AM were very much a continuation of the Gainax aesthetic. I could see your argument for Ryuu no Haisha, although I think that a lot of the designs were very reminiscent of the military aesthetic of stuff like gunbuster and EVA. Rebuilds are definitely franchise milking, but they still have the feeling of constant escalation (or at least an attempt at it) that Gainax was known for.

Nah, you just have shit taste. Go make another KyoAnus bait thread.

still hasnt gone wrong, top 2 comapanys

They make great salads though.

When they start selling tomatoes.

>no death & rebirth in film list
Fix it.

Why did Trigger kill Gainax by taking all the talent? Creative differences?

Is there any material in D&R that's not in the final versions of the show and EoE?

hownew.ru

everything before this century is great

agreed

FLCL and Diebuster came after 2000

TTLG was intolerable shit. But Gainax left some real great works, like karekano or abenobashi

Evangelion was a mistake.

everything before this century is great

Revive Gainax and give me Medaka, Sup Forums

PandS