Popularity =/= Quality

>anime original
>literal who studio
>literal who staff
>literal who VAs except for MAO

>yuri
>selling

Flop with the sells, Flip in my heart.

It was a busy season, and 80% of people bought Yuri on Ice.

they didn't sell it

rotten girls are no longer people

I think you find that FlipFlap is one of the few actual good shows that didn't sell even a dent. Usually popularity means they did something right. And that usually refers to quality in some form. Other than YoI what did Fall2016 have?

Flip Flappers wasn't really a good show though

...because?

There wasn't anything good about it

Elaborate

yeah fuck, you are right.
Guess i hate this show now

no bishonen for fag discord to drool over

We've already established that fanservice doesn't make something sell. This goes both ways.

Like you know the things that Flip Flappers has? They're all bad.

>Like you know the things that Flip Flappers has?
No?

this is now a nice thread!

There's no hope for this thread.

I guess people spent all their money on YOI and couldn't afford to buy Flip Flappers BDs?

Sure you do, if you think about it.

The 2 shows have completely different target demographics. Flappers wasn't popular or well received.

>popular
Not really.
>or well received
On what basis do you think that? It has good ratings everywhere and is Sup Forums's official AOTY

this voting was a bit fishy but i still think there are a lot of people here that actually enjoyed the show.
If it was just normal trash nobody would have talked about it but the threads were always big, it's really just a love it or hate it thing and i'm glad i can enjoy it.

I remember that the Flip Flappers BDs were quite expensive, so this may be why.

No, they are the usual price

>this voting was a bit fishy
I honestly don't care at all about that vote, it can never be representative of this sites taste, but at least it made some people butthurt. The fact that we still have regular thread and people still feel the need to shit on it is more convincing.

poor marketing

That's just how it is with any show that becomes a big thing (or is just discussed a lot) that has his weaknesses.
I remember when re:zero was hyped and i got myself baited because i couldn't understand how anyone would like it that much.
After all we are here to discuss shows, i just want to have actual discussions rather then just shitting on each other.

Sup Forums doesn't matter at all, it matters how the show is received in Japan. The foreign casual anime watcher has no impact, and we have /u/fags, who love everything with yuri.

Because they went the 'deep and edgy plot' route instead of episodic fun with two great characters. It should have been about Cocona and Papika flip flapping and exploring a new world each episode, if they wanted to go deeper into the lore they should have gone 2 cour or saved it for a manga/LN project.

Older otaku aren't interested in that kind of shit anymore, since they've seen it all the time in older and more satisfying shows, and younger otaku don't care about pseudo intellectual crap that doesn't stick to a theme.
It was like the creators were just going through all the tropes in the hopes of getting someone's attention
>you guys like flashy animation, right?
>you like giant robots?
>or what about kung fu battles, please tell us you like kung fu battles
>is it perhaps girls loving girls
>look, we have girls loving girls, now make doujins of it, please
>wait, magical girls, you all love magical girls, right?

>different settings based on popular genres = desperately trying to be popular
They could've just made the next boring isekai show if they wanted to appeal to the masses but they actually tried to do something creative with every (early) episode.

This.

I enjoyed it, but it was a bit of an abrupt change in mood/theme similar to what happened with Desert Punk.

For starters, is a bad anime. Secondly 3hz can't into anime, that's why ACTAS senpai is teaching them the right way to make anime.

>Why did it flop?
It flipped

I heard it flapped.

But sora no method is great.

Anyhow, I had a thousand reasons to drop it at any time. The weird one is me for still liking it.

if they had had a ten second foreshadowing scene that alluded to the grander story in the background i think that would've done a lot to pull people in more

>why did an original anime by a no name studio full of lesbians not sell

The whole show was full of hints, the labrat backstory was already figured out by episode 2 for example.
The show was great at foreshadowing the story, sad thing is that the story itself wasn't as good.

they spent zero yen on marketing, easy

Yuri doesn't sell unless it's gay people on ice skates.

Cocona is a filthy foot slut

>>The whole show was full of hints, the labrat backstory was already figured out by episode 2 for example.
screencaps?

Circle jerk thread for those who can't handle pripri

it was a flip flap flop trip

Main reason I watch Pripri is because of Floppers.

It was better than most, but it was trash compared to what I expected it to turn out to be after watching the first two eps. So even though it wasn't absolute trash, it was relative trash, and I can see why people that wanted to buy it would reconsider by the end of the show. Plus there was also the literal who factor as observed, so not many people were watching it to begin with.

flip flappies is also my main motivation for interest in pripri

Papika is a young girl that works for a secret organisation, doesn't know some basic words, never went to school and strongly dislikes the smell of the infirmary.
It was obvious, almost a cliche so i won't bother sorry.

The nips considered flifla a very bad and boring isekai show.

some no fun aloud jannie will ban you for this post

Good.

>isekai

dont reply to teens

Nichijou, Lain and Paranoi Agent all sold pretty poorly, and they're cult classics. Meanwhile, the best selling anime ever is Love Live. You're a fucking retard.

>one of the few
You're still not really understanding what it is I said. You just wanted to call me names

t. retard

because it flipped

Those two shows have literally nothing in common except for vague yuri undertones that never get anywhere, and a studio hired to do the inbetweens.

I hate that nichijou didn't do better.

>vague

that isn't gay its just queer

>one of the few
Texhnolyze, Shinsekai Yori, Trigun, Escaflowne
Shall I continue?
If anything an anime selling well is more likely to be shit, since the top grossing anime franchises are shit like Love Live, Gundam Seed and Wanpiss. Shaft is the only real exception to this rule.

Promotional art is always a lie.

You just described Trigger

What was the target demographic for Flip Flappers anyway?

Me.

Because 3hz stuff always makes you think it's AOTS material in the first 3-4 episodes, then it goes downhill faster than you can say "we've got them hooked!"
Pic also related.

Do continue. Tell me just how many of the 160 anime each season constitute as more than a mere few

all the good shaft shows sold adequately and trash like madoka sailed to the top

Not even the producers knew

Almost all anime sells poorly, so I don't see your point. If I'm talking about all 160, I'd bet that less than 20 are even profitable. Are you really this new?

The Nips who watched it didn't like it either

It's true that the "best" shows are not necessarily the ones that sell the best, but saying that good sells are an inidicator for a bad show is stupid.
The really bad shit isn't even talked about and even if you shit on popular shows they all have some quality about them, even if it's just knowing how to appeal to the mainstream.

>pic also related
I don't see the problem.

Sexually frustrated teens/adults

good or bad flipflap is an anime people will talk about in 5-10 years the way people now talk about stuff like princess tutu

Japanese Shit Taste

Lain sold 8.5k (includes the rerelease). This isn't poorly.

> the best selling anime ever is Love Live
It isn't. The best selling LL season sold ~67k. Eva sold 200k, Monogatari 112k.

in five years from now they'll still talk about psycho pass

I meant LL as a franchise. Although I might be looking at some skewed figures or something.

i don't get the context here

The other thread was better.

And that one even got a second season

No plot

Sup Forums meme

sadly

Doesn't almost all anime flop?
Just the state of the industry my friend.

>implying people dislike lesbians

Objectively false.

>I meant LL as a franchise
Why the heck do you compare a multimedia franchise to the sales of an anime? Are you retarded? Also if you talk about franchises then the big shonens, gundam and children shows sell better than LL.

rotten girls aren't people are they are the only ones buying anime

Ty, never heard that one to be honest.
I know the show was a big deal back then but i didn't really get why people praise it that much, it's pretty good though.

it´s arthouse animation for explore new techniques and styles; Flapper is the equivalent of Over the Garden Wall

No, it made nothing new at all.

>Watch two girls not kiss the anime
Implying anyone has the fucking patience to enjoy that shit. You don't put half a packet of Kool-aid in a pitcher of water.