How come no Sub-saharan African tribe or culture ever domesticated any animals?

How come no Sub-saharan African tribe or culture ever domesticated any animals?

I have heard the argument that African animals are adverse to domestication, but that describes any wild animal really...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurochs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_red_fox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sub-saharan African tribe
>adverse to domestication
Answered your own question did ya?

Why bother when you can just "ooga booga gib me dat" the tribes next to yours

I remember an user posting a very interesting article about why sub-saharian cultures traditionally lack any sort of long-term planning.

I don't know where you got your information from, but it's wrong.

>niggers

>>niggers
this

Not sub saharan meme flag

They're stupid.

You can expand this answer to any other question you have about their failings.

Yes, the answer is that simple.

Goat herds.

they're not adverse to domestication. White Europeans have more or less started domesticating the ostrich.

Africa has several animal species that are candidates for domestication. One Belgian dude is breeding some form of African rodent to locate land mines.

The most famous African domesticated animal is the donkey but it was domesticated after the horse was and after Eurasians arrived in North Africa.

The wild ass was domesticated by people who rode horses. Both the camel and donkey were domesticated around 3000-2500 BC. But the horse was domesticated around 5000-4000 BC.

Domestication is not just befriending the animal. It also involve another process which involve through generations of said animals selecting the most friendly, and progressively have their instinct weaken, as instinct is mainly genetic.

They haven't even domesticated themselves, how do you expect them to domesticate african wildlife?

Yeah I remember that too. Said that most tribal African languages have no word for "Future" or some shit.

Domestic guineafowl

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurochs

this is what we turned into these harmless fucking cows

niggers have no excuses

It all comes down to the fact that they evolved in an environment where food and water were plentiful. They never needed to adapt to changing seasons or plan ahead for periods of hardship so never developed farming etc

can you support this please? All I get from the media is that Africa is a complete shithole, but i feel like that isn't the whole story

Because if you don't need to build anything and you can live directly from the land, why would you?

The Indians ride hefalumps, don't the fricns do this too ?

some piygmies have dogs.

bloog bloog bloog bloog bloog !!!

because the animals are racist

coz they retarded

The San domesticated the ridge dog, mate.

>I have heard the argument that African animals are adverse to domestication
You've been lied to.

But dry season is very shitty in Africa in places that it happens.

this

Also for the animals averse to domestication crowd.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_red_fox

>San domesticated the ridge dog

Shit. That was actually the Egyptians.

Walls to protect your tribe, iron to butcher them, etc.

Plenty of self-perpetuating martial reasons

>But dry season is very shitty in Africa in places that it happens.

Doesn't require forward planning to survive though. You just need food to hunt and a waterhole that won't dry up.