Discussing anime in general with a friend and he hit me with a question I didn't really have an answer for

Discussing anime in general with a friend and he hit me with a question I didn't really have an answer for...
Is he right? Are there no good anime that deal with the problems regular Japanese people face?

>why isnt there an anime like bojack horseman
Thanks for this, user.

Fuck off and kill yourself, normalfag.

Fuck off with this shit.

>having friends
ばか

Quite the opposite really, plenty of anime are quite aware of japan's problems as a society, even if they don't directly criticise them.

The shittiness of work life, the reliance on escapism, the overabundance of NEETs, bullying, sexual conservatism.

A recent theme is "pls have kids" so lots of anime recently where the MC has a happy ending with kids, or shows which specifically involve boys and girls pairing up.

If you don't know what to look for, then you won't see it.

If you are looking for something gritty, there are some manga that will hit you pretty hard. Ushijima the Loan Shark and Kurosagi are pretty graphic in terms of their depiction of stuff that happens in Japan.

But then again, those aren't normal people "provlems"

>But shudnt there be some similar problem wit japanese culture
>Like the collectivist culture problems

>What is Eva

Yes, I am bumping this shit thread

Isn't that kind of thing a major theme of a good third of all anime?

>is that why isn't there an anime like bojack horseman
Most retarded thing I've read all day

Is Koi to Uso's purpose to prepare the otaku for the nip government's master plan?

Yeah there are many anime that satirize the "grass eating male" culture and shit but they're usually blown out of proportion and almost always have some fantasy/SF elements to it. Or it's just some happy SoL with no real struggles and everyone ends up happy

I think he's referring to shit that doesn't involve superpowers / giant mechs

I think you are missing OP's point. He's looking for anime that portray these issue realistically.
Unless you have 2 thots sucking your dick so you ride a mech, most of us ain't identifying with that.

Can't believe people are that fixated on changing the aesthetics of a medium, even if behind what they disapprove of is the theme they want to see.

>tfw ririna will win to get people used to accepting forced pairings

It's an extremely american thing to make everything "gritty" and "realistic" (it usually isn't but tries very hard to give the impression of realism) and I'm so happy Japan doesn't do this to do obnoxious extent america does.

Your friend is retarded

Yeah, it sure is a shame there aren't any anime that criticize and parody contemporary Japanese culture.

dudes.., why isnt there anime like rick n mortage.. seriously they should finally make an anime to cater to smart people such as mineself..

Fuck is going on here? Why isn't this shitty thread deleted yet?

So what? He wants to watch some really lame and boring mundane shit that 3D live action TV series are much better at?