Could you outsmart the government if you received the death note and started killing criminals?

Could you outsmart the government if you received the death note and started killing criminals?

Of course. The government won't be able to outsmart me if they are dead!

No, mass surveillance would do you in before long.

Why would I start killing criminals?

No

They can't outsmart me if they are dead.

Yes.
But I wouldn't achieve anything. Using accidents as causes for the deaths and not making sure people know they are being judged would achieve nothing.
Sure there would be less criminals for a while which would be good but after I am dead and rotting in whatever hell people who use death notes rot in society would have to deal with a sudden influx of criminals again.

>I am dead and rotting in whatever hell
just like all the other humans?

I thought humans who use a death note go to a special hell.

What happens if you write a random name in the Death Note? Like if I write John Doe, does a person named John Doe die or does nothing happen because I didn't imagine his face?

>nothing happen because I didn't imagine his face?
That exactly.

There is no heaven and hell in the Death Note universe, it was all a meme.

The only criminal I would kill is Hillary Clinton.

No, but I wouldn't use it to kill a bunch of criminals anyway. Maybe just a few I considered really heinous.

Just don't be an attention whore like Light.

No because I'm dumb, but anyway someone like L doesn't exist in our world so it'll take years before they get me.

Killing politicians would be the only positive use of the death note, because no one would suspect that they are random events, and public figures could never be traced back to you like the criminals Light killed. A good purging of corrupt government leaders would be glorious.

Yes, but also no.
If I actually received the Death Note, I wouldn't use it for some grander purpose and delude myself into thinking I'm justice.
I'd just fuck with people by making them say embarrassing things and then die on live TV, or kill off cast members of shows I want cancelled. I wouldn't get caught because I wouldn't make them all die in the same way, wouldn't leave any calling cards, and wouldn't use any information that isn't publicly available.
I'm not smart enough to evade the law if I'm under investigation, so the only way I could possibly avoid getting caught is by staying untraceable. If I were to start killing criminals and enforcing my own justice, I'd be bound to get caught, since I would have to leave some sort of calling card in order to show the people that they're being judged, which would prompt the police to think these are more than just random heart attacks, and as soon as they start investigating, it's only a matter of time before they investigate me.

If the government was like in Death Note, then no, but as we are talking about real life, yes, police would never be able to guess something like that.

I would kill Stephen Colbert in the middle of the Emmys tomorrow night. He'd be making the two thousandth Trump joke of his career and suddenly drop dead in front of millions of people.

This guy gets Lights motives.

This Criminals are just products of society. You don't get rid of cancer on a worldwide scale just by getting rid of the tumors. Leading a healthy life, paying attention to the products you eat and come in contact with, boycotting and forbidding endocrine disruptors, etc, in other words, prevention, strong political will, and education, are a much better way to fight cancer. The same is true of criminality.

I hope you all realise that using a death note would make you a horrible person. Don't think that you're somehow special and that if you deem someone worth killing that means it's ok to kill them.

They don't go to heaven or hell. To which Light replies "that just means there isn't any"

Christ the president has already been chosen. Keep your fucking childish politics out of Sup Forums for the love of god.

Shut up Ryuzaki.

>kill all the democrats in the congress.

What happens?

You can outsmart the government, but Sup Forums will find you within a day or two. Like it or not, you can not beat weaponized autism.

Beta ass faggot.

>criminals

Just target famous people who everyone knows like politicians, celebrities, major business executives, military leadership, etc.

The Republicans still wouldn't pass a single bill.

How's the government gonna catch me before I write my own name in the book?

>muh horrible
Your killings would have absolutely no real impact on the world. It's as horrible as staying alive.

You can't write your own name in the book or you will go to hell

What if that's the intend?

Watch me, homosexual

You can't go to hell if you write if you are the owner of the death note.

So can you or can you not write your own name in the book? Does the book overwrite external factors for causes of death?
Couldn't light have just placed his name in the book and declared he would die at an appointed time, giving him a set window to do his work?

What kinda name is Light? I don't think that's a real name.

This. It wouldn't be a detective that catches you, it would be people on the internet.
You would have to keep a pretty close eye on Sup Forums if you wanted to succeed.

>t. sheltered faggot who lives in the suburbs

Sure, it'd be fairly easy.

L did exactly this to trick light, in the other live action film

It's pronunced Light but it's written with the kanji of "moon" (tsuki)

Easy, I live in a balkan country where nobody gives a fuck about.

>Kill people from every country and not just mine
>Not being a retard like Light and taking the bait

Hardest part however would be to access the internet from a device not connected to you because after a lot of killings the goverment would research people accessing police sites and news regarding criminals and try to investigate you. Going to an internet cafe is risky because a lot of people will see that you are a regular and if asked by the police they will rat you out. Also criminals dying from heart attacks will make it obvious to those who read death note.

I wouldnt achieve anything either way since im not as smart as Light or L.

Best use I can think of it is to manipulate the death details to get rich or something like this.

>Find rich guy
>Write his name and put death cause "Accident"
>Make the hour at 3:00 am or something and make him get money out of his bank account and put them in a bag at the place you told him to
>Collect money after he dies
>Repeat
Or kill liberals and SJW I see on the internet.

Who are you trying to fool? Next think you're telling me your last name is Im a gay backwards

But tsuki isn't in any way part of the word Light

I am very confused.

I would go and use it on :
Putin,Kim jong ,trump and a few others.
Just to watch the world burn in nuclear fire.
Politicians are after all the biggest criminals.

I wouldn't kill criminals, I would kill rich people and corporation owners. Then Politicians. Then maybe criminals.

Have you faggots read the mangoo?

>Just to watch the world burn in nuclear fire.
Just kill yourself please. Some of us have anime left to watch

I would kill the entire kardashian family and make the death details "A massive incest orgy gone bad"
Imagine the headlines.

so you would kill the economy then how are you going to get a job?

so just don't kill people in your country at first

I still don't understand. Can you just use ANY kanji you want to write your name?
Shouldn't his name be Yorukami Tsuki?

Rich people and corporation ownser give work to people. I'd kill only those who exploit workers to their own advantage, and corrupted politicians. And of course big criminals.

Also add in Trump, OJ simpson again, JK Rowling, and Stephen King.

THEN imagine the headlines.

No. The book does not prevent you from dying from some other normal way. You can only write a time of death up to 23 days from the current moment. You can't prolong your natural lifespan by writing your name in the death note. And the guy saying you can't go to hell if you write in the death note is technically correct but it's because there's no hell nor heaven whatsoever in Death Note.

I would kill all NEETs.

how would you see them if they are NEETs??

My goal would be to turn the world into a pre-internet medieval society where people learn and work based on Apprenticeships and journeymen.

Yes, that would be where I would start. I wouldn't make any statements, I would just get rid of the people and then leave why I did open to interpretation by the masses, and gently guide them into the way I think we should go. Without rising to bait like stupid Light.

>I'd kill only those who exploit workers to their own advantage
So rich people and corporation owners.

>I'd kill only those who exploit workers to their own advantage
Dunno about you, but I enjoy my 100 dollar phone.

Instead of killing criminals I will kill actors who act in a terrible movies. Just randomly watch movies and if I don't like it, Death Note the entire cast. I would basically hold Hollywood hostage and force them to make nothing but quality movies or not make movies at all for fear of being killed.

>My goal would be to turn the world into a pre-internet medieval society where people learn and work based on Apprenticeships and journeymen.
So then you won't be able to get any anime.

>Death Note the entire cast
Don't kill the guy from the naked brothers band please

That's dumb. Good actors act in bad movies all the time. You should be killing the head writers or directors.

See, why can't deathnote be an anthology series that takes place with different people who find a death note over time and try to use it to their advantage?

Like what if someone from the dark ages found it and did the Black Death plague in an attempt to fix the world.

Sacrifices. At least this way I can wear a cape in public.

You know that you can have sex with every female you want if you are willing to kill her after. This is some next level desperation and sadism but you can do it. Just saying.

Some think they become Shinigami until they kill themselves, others say they stop existing

Well I don't know about you but I would kill them both.

>All these petty anons killing people that didn't do anything wrong
I'm glad I'm not pathetic like you guys

How the fuck did we get here?

I just need to work at a job where I handle personal info of many people.

it'd be easy to kill people. but i imagine it's a far more difficult task to lower crime rates throughout the world by pulling everyone's attention towards you and convincing them that they're being judged by a greater force.

As you probably know kanji have different readings depending if they are alone or combined together.
"Yoru" can be also read as "Ya". Ex: 今夜 konya = this night. "Konyoru" doesn't exist as a word. "Kami" is often read as "gami" when is after another kanji (as in shinigami, noragami, etc.)
The kanji "tsuki" is how Light/Raito's name is written but the author himself took the liberty of going against the conventional kanji system, of course a translator would translate it as Tsuki if they don't know it in advance.

Only if you made a point to only kill criminals who were on national television.

If you pull this sort of thing in a third world country where people are very religious you would bet your ass they will behave.

just let someone else take the credit

how hard would it be

"suspect was shot to death by law enforcement"

Since I don't care about acknowledgement it's easy to do

I honestly don't think it would be that difficult. Basic shit conspiracy theories run like a wildfire in the underworld

Have you not seen death note?

Who would you kill, tough guy?

If you limit it to very specific incidents. Not mass murder spree.

Yeah. Light Turner totally got some of that Mia puss bruh.

I would kill Kentaro Miura, Oda, Anno, Togashi, and Araki. Cause of death is that all of them got inside a private plane and it crashed.

I can't imagine Sup Forums's reaction.

I'd just write names of all famous politicans of every country (except North Korean) and watched the shitshow

Thank you I think I understand it now
Learning Kanji seems like a pain.

shut and go back to being raped, guts.

what's the point

eventually someone will misinterpret or do their own take on things. That's how all religion ends up becoming

I'd rather be anonymous and unknown

But Hitler is already dead.

Sure.
By not being a retard and leaving direct links to myself or taking baits like Light did.
The only real problem rises if I am going to create a Death God image for myself like Light did. Sooner or later I run out of public names and photos for globalists, CEOs, politicians and religion officials to cull and then would have to take clues from already formed death cults threads of Sup Forums, police and secret services websites if I want to get specific people of interest. Those action are bound to leave traces so I would need to be extra careful and make big list ahead of starting killing spree.

He isn't actually breaking any rules.

Light killed those rapist at the beginning of the series using another human being.

Watch more anime and lurk more

If someone dies in unusual ways, people notice it
but if someone gets killed by law enforcement well that just happens every day

Not actors in some shitty show or some random celebrity you're mad at, idiot. Half the thread is about killing a director or an actor because they don't like what they made

Huh. Then the rules don't make sense

It's actually very easy. Just find publicly outspoken people who are also religious and unforgiving. Watch/listen to their shows. They would eventually mention the groups of people that deserve punishment. Mirror your actions to their words and people would associate the deaths caused by the Death Note to religious reasons.

What would happen if all countries leaders dies at the same time? Srs question

t. anime only or speedreader

>If someone dies in unusual ways, people notice it

Most people would forget about it quickly.