FKMT thread, Kaiji edition

I promised one user to make a thread after I finish reading Part 3 of Kaiji, but everyone kept making threads because of YouTube drama so I could never keep my word on that promise until today.

17 Steps = Chinchiro > E-Card = Salvation Game > Limited RPS > Bog > Brave Men Road > Awesome Box

Not to say I disliked any of them. Currently waiting for One Poker to be fully translated so I can binge it all at once like the impatient whore I am. Will probably read Ten next, to binge Akagi once it reaches the end as well.

Akagi comes first user. Mahjong in Ten is hard and Akagi might as well be over.

>Mahjong in Ten is hard

I know it involves a lot of cheating, but how hard can it be? I know how to get some Yaku and how to avoid Furiten, am I gud enough?

>Just finished 17 steps
>Have to slog through the chinese game

You're good to go then.

Where is Kaiji going to go after winning 2 billion yen? Will it end with a 20 year Kaiji vs Hyoudou arc? Will Kaiji finally give up gambling? How will he fuck it up and lose all that money?

Fucking Kaiji+Kazuya+Endou+Sakazaki vs the entire Teiai corporation or fucking riot

The second Hyodo had a chance to get a main role he became 10/10 and still, you hate it. Weak.

It has more to do with the fact that I knew the outcome the second I realised that Kaiji is explaining the plan to the audience in real time, as he develops it. That always spells disaster.

Hyodo was a good character and his fucking with Kaiji was enjoyable the second time around, but I think it could've been handled in something that's more tense than a simple lottery.

>Will it end with a 20 year Kaiji vs Hyoudou arc?
my dick is diamonds

or we could get some Sup Forums action if Hyodou indeed wants to somehow start a war just to get to be the nuke shelter king during his actual life.

The salvation game was terrible though, it dragged for wayy too fucking long, Kaiji did the same thing for like 70 chapters, the only things worth jackshit are the backstories and the beginning/ending, why do you like it?

Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa is FKMT's best work and the best manga I've read

Never read anything as human, depressing yet heartwarming as that

Because the tension kept rising with each round and Kazuya's fuckery kept me on my toes. Kaiji is only a secondary character in that whole arc and I'm okay with that.

Plust Mario's and Chang's stories are great.

Kakegurui is better

Indeed, there's nothing heartwarming about les miserables plot or dostoevsky's chrisfagging. Also, muh unspent potential everywhere while Kurosawa, with how little he had, managed to live to the max.

>edition
What the fuck?

>not Ten
Yeah I teared up reading Kurosawa, but I broke down like a little girl in the last arc of Ten.

I can't believe that Kurosawa made me almost tear up with one of the first scenes where the construction mannequin appears
It's fucking magical

I expected Kurosawa to be a cringe comedy with a middle aged man but it went in an entirely different direction and kept surprising me after that. I like how Kurosawa keeps finding himself in absurd situations but it's never unrealistic.

Those last 3 volumes are the best thing I've read honestly.

Ten is great for its characterization through gameplay attitude, including the last part where all of them were given a chance to play against the given statement. And how it was carried over to Akagi with the protagonist developing on these same old barely noticeable speeds while all the rest around him were blatant, done in really bright colors and Washizu doing just both (huge jumps-delicate changes), because he is that resourceful.

this is some hot trash

Kaiji is hot and he's also trash so you're right.

Is Kaiji a virgin?

Of course not, he has Mikoko.

Buraiden Gai would make for a pretty great 10 episode anime.

I'd like a movie.

Probably, but I'd say he at least already kissed a girl or two in his teens.

more like a good pachinko machine am I right hhaha
>there will never ever be a new FKMT anime adaptation

Will Kaiji and Kazuya ever be friends?

Three's a crowd

Eventually.

Uh, no.

Would you want Kaiji to be your dad?

Do I get to watch him gamble?

Am I the only one who thinks Kaiji would be a good dad? I'd imagine having a kid would be what he needed to get his shit together. He is completely selfless when it comes to other people, he wouldn't let his son grow up in poverty

>have kaiji be your dad
>dad places a bet on you
>he loses
>yfw dad gambles you away to some low lives

It's because Kaiji is human trash that he never got a woman so he could never have a kid. Having a kid would mean he already got his shit together long ago.

KaijixMikoko spinoff manga when, FKMT you hack

The Akagi live action is getting a second season, so there's some slight hope the anime will get a conclusion to advertise it like all other FKMT adaptations

Maybe whenever the composer gets out of jail.

>implying he won't kill himself after getting out because absolutely noone will hire him
>implying they won't just get some techno/synth autist
I'm preparing myself for the disappointment at this point

I've always had a sneaking suspicion that FKMT threads are half made up of fujos.

That being said i dropped Kin to Kin when Morita left. Any hope of him coming back?

First part hit me with FEELS

Second part hit me with REELS

>I've always had a sneaking suspicion that FKMT threads are half made up of fujos.
Really? What gave it away?

>Spends the entire time breaking his back and risking his life to get you back

Any time a thread's up most of the posts read like they were written by girls

But even guys have to accept that Kaiji and Zero(and other moe fkmt characters) are patrician tier waifus.

every fkmt protagonist is a top tier waifu

Even Kurosawa?

If not in looks then at least in heart!

How does Akagi become waifu material?

What the fuck was her problem?
Why did she never come back after this scene?

You read Ten.

>What the fuck was her problem?
Middle schoolers are assholes and sometimes emerging sociopaths.

Kaiji is for lewd

I hate when fan artists make Kaiji's nose too small.

You don't understand, there was no problem with the faggot "leaving" for the time being, most of time the two acted solo anyway, that was the dynamic. The problem was the manga was huatus'ed and never came back. Because the poorfag magazine was axed out of business, for years, and fkmt just began to draw Kaiji instead and so it ended as it is. Fucking tragedy.

sauce

An absolute tragedy. Thanks, user.

>manga describing early nineties in japan being a really tough time
>manga has no ending because it's early nineties and a tough time
3d reading

you become braindead, only then will he be waifu material

wait, the kid akagi is the same starlet dude from the last time? They were scared to make it look too creepy or what?

Stop forcing this reddit meme everywhere

Nakane was such a bro

>I've always had a sneaking suspicion that FKMT threads are half made up of fujos.

FKMT outright doesn't have female characters so that seems like a natural conclusion

Knowing one's strengths is half the battle. His early romances are so weak it hurts. (At least they are now unearthed and translated by the fans so we could say they suck).

>no ichijou spin off
>no Gai, Kurosawa and Zero animes
>no Akagi prequel of him growing up in occupied japan and developing a fetish for dying

I finished the anime adaptation of Kaiji and really loved it, gonna jump on Akagis one next when I have the chance. Having that said I'm pretty new to Fukumotos works, should I read SD Kurosawa, continue with Kaiji, or what?

Read kaiji part 3 and 4
Read Zero part 1 and 2
Watch Akagi
Read Akagi (the anime ends at chapter 101 iirc but you should read it from the beginning since a bunch of stuff was not adapted)
take a break from the gambling and read Buraiden Gai, Kurosawa and Confession
Read Ten and Gin To Kin
wait for the translation for Kaiji part 5 to be done

amen, this will take a while, so I'm saving your advice user, thanks.

>would I want the epitome of human trash to be my dad?
Yes way fag

It's not the same universe, unless it's a character sequel/prequel, and you'll see it immediately just from the title. The only common thing through all these books is how the characters: protagonists, antagonists, mob around and even narrators, each one of them dead set to think that doing great in one game will probably bring you luck in another and having small guts in previous round is 100% why this starting hand is so shit now. I seriously don't understand THE FLOW concept, although it all around beautifully unifies the writing into one breathing organism.

I hope Kaiji saved Kazuya from dying and then they team up. There is something deep within Kazuya that makes him different from his father.

I've watched Akagi and Kaiji, Akagi quickly became a favourite of mine but I didn't particularly like Kaiji. Where did you lads get the manga from? I want to read Ten, Kurosawa and Akagi but I can't find any seeds

readmanga.today seems to have it all. For downloads just get it directly from FKMT Krazy

Kaiji did save Kazuya. As for the difference between Kazuya and his father, I think the major difference between the two is that Kazuya is in his own twisted way looking for companionship. His relationship with his family is actually pretty terrible and he doesn't have real friends.

I hope most if not all of FKMT's older works get translated once the translations catch up with the new stuff
I don't want to die without reading all of FKMT's manga first

My fkmkt power ranking:

Ten >Akagi >Kaiji >Life >Kurosawa >Buraiden Gai>Gin to kin >Zero >Penchan >Pachinko >Rest

It would look differently if I seperated it by parts.

who the fuck is 'fkmkt' ?

It's a typo, come on man. Give me some slack.

Life was way too naive to me. I laughed a lot and it felt horrible, because clearly that was not intended. Confession is a bit better out of the two collaborations, people dislike it for the predictability but come on, it's one volume long. It made sense at least.

I haven't read Confession or his earliest work yet so I can't say anything about it.

The whole flipping upside down chair situation in One Poker was stupid as fuck and hurts my enjoyment of the rest of the game.

Let us talk about that awesome box.

For anyone not keeping up with Kaiji, Kazuya fell but was saved from death. Kaiji and friends loaded up the money in a truck and are trying to run.
Kaiji 258: There is no back exit, the black suits parked in front of the only one

Find a flaw

What was so stupid about it?

Kaiji is convinced their only chance out is to run through the crowd and make for the exit.

Gai should be a lot closer to Hiroyuki. Ten should be more at the right than Zero, he even beat Akagi once.

And they're free!

(gritting teeth Kaiji)

ESPECIALLY Kuroswa

Ten didn't beat Akagi, he got a single hand against him.

Yeah but Akagi felt the flow going away and left. He's still better than Ten, but that's no small feat.