ITT: things brainlets say about anime/manga

>Attack on Titan is not like your typical anime. it's better than 99% of shows that air

It's literally true though
99% of shows that air are fucking garbage, especially in the US

kuso thread

Considering that normalfags watch like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead then I can understand why they think that SNK is a masterpiece

> Gurren Lagann is not really mecha though. It's about the characters...

>Anime is serious buisness mom! It's not a cartoon it's made for adults! Such as myself.

>Now leave my dinner by the door and go away from my basement

what the fuck is with all these newfag threads?

their knowledge of anime consists of naruto, dragon ball and maybe one piece so it's understandable that they find it more interesting
although I think even those have more intrinsic value than "DUDE GORE LMAO"

>99% of shows that air are fucking garbage
Between Netflix and CR pretty much every anime airs in the US.

>it's fun and comfy

>Cowboy Bebop is a good anime

>ITT: things brainlets say about anime/manga

>Kakegurui is AOTS

>03 is better than Brotherhood

>anime can be an artform on the same level as film and television

>Bakemonogatari is pretentious

>Eren isn't retarded. It's just a reference to Atlas holding up Earth

Anime is 99% garbage, water is wet, more at 11

This.
Most film and TV are just as shit as anime. The high points of film are certainly higher, but TV is worse, having less than 10 shows with any artistic merit.
Bait.

The reason this is wrong is actually really interesting and it is worth explaining every time a sentiment like that comes up.
Mecha has never been about the robot fighting, that is literally not the point in most mecha anime. The "mecha" setup serves as a stage to develop the characters through constant, violent conflict. "Mecha" is always all about the characters and their interactions and not the robot fighting.
This started way back in the 80s with the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Macross. The war machines are just a cheap way to sucker obsessives into spending time and money the show and buying merchandise.

This doesn't always work out of course, remember Wizard Barristers? It could've been a fun show about cute magical lawyers doing cute things, but instead it was a "stealth mecha" trainwreck that flopped horribly, because it was the very opposite of "traditional" mecha shows. It focused too much on the robot aspect instead of using it as a backdrop for character interaction, not that that would even have been necessary when there already was the legal drama and magic for exactly that purpose.
I thought it was a fun show and that Cecil was cute.

>[worstgirl] is best girl!

The worst film and TV never reach the lows that the worst anime has to offer, and the best of cinema and TV explore themes and ideas better than the best anime has to offer. This might sound like a very vague generalization but any examples of great anime you can think of don't come close to the greatest Western tv has been able to offer either now or in the past few decades. Anime is just a form of entertainment for the intellectually deficient, maybe just one step above video games at best.

Kira is a believable character

Sup Forums has always been full of people looking for boogeymen. There are so many bigots here unlike Sup Forums because of the subject matter.

Anime is just either sexual exploitation, edginess for the sake of edginess, nonsensical writing that doesn't even make sense for the creators themselves, or dumb over-the-top action.

If you want to experience something good, you need to explore other mediums, like western animation.
Samurai Jack and Avatar: The Last Airbender are delicious.

Only brainlets use the word brainlet.

t. brainlet

t. brainlet

Western animation belongs in the same wastebin as anime desu.

>Flip Flappers was a good anime with deep symbolism

>Samurai Pizza Cats was originally a boring serious show that the dub tuned into a comedy!

fuck u say??????

>Anime was a mistake - Hayao Miyazaki, anime is trash ehehe but only ironically i actually like anime but I will pretend to hate it to fit I am the pinnacle of original wit

>Has this fight surpassed Rock Lee's vs. Gaara as the best fight ever?

what a shitty thread

SnK in anime form, even with all its problem, is easily better than 75% of the shows in any given season.

>Re:Creators was good anime

>Name a better manga/anime than . Protip: you can't.

t. Snkfag

WE

Nice bait, Avatar writing isn't even that good.
>Last villain is defeated thanks to giant turtle asspull

Is this real?

>The worst film and TV never reach the lows that the worst anime has to offer
Then what's the worst film/TV in your opinion? I'd like to see how that compares to what you think the worst anime is.

>The only reason you don't like Eva is because it's too deep for you to understand

Oh boy, you should read the manga to have a couple of laughs and realize how fucking garbage it is

He could have easily defeated the fire lord, but for some reason he suddenly couldn't fathom the idea that he needed to be killed in order to not be a threat ever again.

forgot the variants
>Perfect shows don't exi-
>So, we can all agree that these are the best anime/manga, right?

>a guy who is shown through the entire series to be a pacifist to the point of vegetarianism
>suddenly

Boy are you a dense one

>OPM is the best series because it's a deconstruction!

Basically on the same tier as Madoka fans.

They literally wrote themselves into a corner with that characterization, so they had to asspull the turtle thing.

>Berserk is not edgy shit

>the fight choreography is bad

Its funny because he probably killed a lot of random mooks when he transformed in that water monster thing at the end of book 1.

It's a parody

It was edge, but a good kind of edge. Especially when it mixed it with realism in the Golden Age Arc. It only went a bad route when it went fullblown edge in the Tower of Conviction arc so normies who jump into it say "it's Berserk so you know good moments turn into depressing/fucked up ones" without realizing each arc has it's own setting and tone.

Doing that shit in public is 100% understandable. Nobody really knows shit about anime to be worth talking to. So just say it's trash and hate it while secretely enjoying it.

Brainlets watch anime though. Anime is for brainlets.

They could have turned it into a character growth moment, but instead they they turned it into an asspull.

>Char's Counterattack is not a masterpiece
>08th MS Team is good

>this was the best show of the past few years

All fiction is 99% garbage

Aang deciding that "killing is bad mmkay unless you are peer pressured into it" would be the opposite of character growth