Watching Cardcaptor Sakura for the first time and loving it...

Watching Cardcaptor Sakura for the first time and loving it, but I'm trying to find the specific episode where pic related comes from just for context. Does anyone know which episode it came from?

What's with all the shitty CCS threads today?

>all these
But there's only two

Maybe there were a few more earlier today?

OVA prologue came out. Shit's gonna be huge when it airs in January. Luckily Sakura doesn't carry the "i'm not anime fan" nostalgic retardation of Sailor Moon fans.

That's why I hate Sailor Moon. Liking it is just so boring. Everyone fucking likes it. But who actually talks about Cardcaptor Sakura? Where is all the fanart or the many videos talking about it on YouTube? Everyone just loves their fucking Sailor Moon.

Sakura is better

Sakura also ties into the CLAMPverse which is whole other kind of retardation, but at least those people actually into anime and manga and not fairweather about it.

>Sakura also ties into the CLAMPverse which is whole other kind of retardation
ITS ALL RIGHT! Daijoubu daijoubu daijoubu kiseki datte okoseru!
HERE WE GO! Ikou yo ikou yo ikou yo tsubasa hiroge!

Best OP by a mile.

Pretty sure that's just an edit or fanart. There are plenty of smug-looking midblink frames of her, though.

Looks like somebody caught the Weed Card

And she loves herself some alcohol too.

Is she right, Sup Forums?

We're much better off without any fucking YouTube shit. There's like 4k fanart images on dambooru. Seems fine to me.

Read the manga back in highschool. Good times.

Well, yeah. Why wouldn't it?

Is it true that they are censoring Toya and Yukito's relationship?
For what purpose? After YoI, it doesn't seem like the nips have an issue.

>u wot m8?
Looks like I found my new surprised reaction face.

dude weed lmao

just because you said that I'm gonna make a youtube vid on it

Just make it a reel of Sakura lewds.

hahahaha you know I'd get demonetized if I did that user!

What if I like both, but have never watched the dubs of either, because I'm a pathetic manchild who started watching little girl shows in his mid-twenties?

>autism
I don't even know what you're trying to prove at this point. Don't reply to me anymore.

Wrong thread, you guys are all right.

The original TV series toned down a lot of the romantic subtexts from the manga. Tareda-sensei and Rika have an actual relationship, Tomoyo actually is in love with Sakura though she accepts her place as not being Sakura's "ichiban sukina hito", Sakura had a crush on Mitsuki-sensei (though that was probably the plot point about how magic people are drawn to even stronger magic people), Yukito and Touya are definitely lovers, and Syaoran and Sakura's love story wasn't resolved by the end of the TV series (which is partially why this OAV exists).

So, yeah, lots of things, not just Yukito and Touya.

So would you recommend the anime or manga, been on my backlog for a while.

>Tomoyo actually is in love with Sakura though she accepts her place as not being Sakura's "ichiban sukina hito"

That actually made it into the series though

eww

Both. The anime does a great job of adapting the manga for the most part, and Sakura's moe has greater impact in motion, in my opinion. However, it is a bit dated, so expect some re-used stock footage and a whole lot of dragging shit out. The point of CCS, though, was never really in the plot. It is monster (card) of the week, and some magical mystery shenanigans, but it is always about the characters. Anyway, there are a few things the anime omits (no spoilers, lots of relationship stuff I laid out above), adds in (Meiling), and drags out a bit too long to the point of being frustrating to watch (the audience knows more than the characters, so it can be easy to get mad at them for not doing x, y, or z). It is shoujo, and plays like a kid's show, but is highly entertaining, well acted, and gorgeous to watch.

The manga, of course, is the preferred option, as it contains the entire story whole, looks gorgeous with CLAMP's usual quality, and can be read entirely quicker than the anime. I would say indulge in both, otherwise you're going to miss on some stuff from the manga or the fun of Aya Hisakawa voicing a surly Osakan stuffed doll.

Yeah, that part did, but to that point it was a lot more subtle than the manga. Honestly I'm fine with it either way. Tomoyo remains one of the most likeable characters in anime history because of her maturity in understanding her situation, remaining loyal and true to Sakura (and Syaoran later) no matter what, and being damned adorable and mischievous in her own right. She is supposed to be the alternate path to her own mother and Sakura's mother; that is, she inevitably doesn't want to covet Sakura to the point where she causes problems for her with her other relations (namely Syaoran). In this way, she fixes a fault in the previous generation and is a stronger character for it.

That's cute as fuck

Its very good. Be prepared for Mid-2000s scanlations and unnecessary translator notes (*tn: ewwwwww)

>t/n: ewwwww

Those scanlations are fucking awful.
Literally buy it or download the Japanese scans, it's depressing to think anyone who likes this series has this as their manga experience.

This shit with Tomoyo makes me sad. She's self-cucked forever, in every possible universe, all because CLAMP bitches.

Sakura isn't gay, it can't be helped

Thing is, in CLAMPverse, nobody is gay, they are person-sexual. So Tomoyo is never ever going to have a girlfriend, she'll just orbit Sakura forever, unable to move on, like a freaking nun in a convent worshipping Jesus who's never gonna fuck her.

it hurts ;_;

Do I need to read the manga if I want to see the romance go somewhere, or will the new OVAs and series cover it? I hate romantic subplots that don't get resolved.

The point is that she's stronger than her mother. I'm sure, deep down, she's sad about it, but this isn't Netsuzou Trap where you can just rape your friend and turn them les.... holy shit I just realized Netsuzou Trap is someone's Tomoyo x Sakura fanfiction.

Whether you take Sakura's crush on Mizuki Kaho to be the result of the latter's magical powers or not, it does indicate that Sakura can be interested in women. For the most part, through the series, Sakura is pretty well locked onto one or two people for her affections and heeding absolutely nobody else (like what says). This is just how she is. Until someone changes the status quo with her, she wont do it herself. She is extremely naive and slow to pick up on signals or hints from other people, which is why she doesn't recognize Tomoyo as anything but a friend and Syaoran's affections towards her until he confesses. If Tomoyo confessed, who knows how Sakura would react.

Which romance? Without spoilers, all of them are resolved in the manga, and this new OAV resolves one hanging romantic entanglement heading into the new series. Previously, this particular romantic subplot was resolved in the second movie, but that is now non canon, retconned by this new OAV and the new manga.

>Which romance?
The main character would be the one I care most about.

>The point is that she's stronger than her mother.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Like, she isn't as bitter as her mother that she didn't do and can't do anything about her object of affection? They both hang on to one person forever, unable to move on.
On another note, did Tomoyo even have a father? Or was it a miracle of science?

A few years back I would have agreed with you but now, I kind of like the elitist status of being a CCS fan. Sailor Moon's fandom is pretty cancerous by comparison.

Resolved, yes, but only with this OAV 17 years later. You can watch the second movie, if you wish, to get the original resolution. It doesn't matter, because in both cases it comes out the same.

There's a certain amount of strength in knowing when to quit, yes. Her mother didn't, and while it didn't ruin her relationship with Nadeshiko, it did with Fujitaka. Considering, however, Great-Grandpa's reaction, maybe Sonomi seems understanding by contrast, but I think Sonomi regrets not being more involved with Nadeshiko as a married woman and mother, because she only gets to see Sakura for the first time by coincidence.

I'm just going to watch it then read it.

Have fun. You've got 70 episodes of moe, sister-complexing, kaijuu stomping, Osakan accenting, comfort waiting for you.

I just usually don't watch and the immediately read something since the overlap burns me out, but I like CLAMP art and both versions seem to be good, so oh well, here we go.

Oh, one more thing, if you ever skip the third OP I will lose all respect for you and punch you.

That all depends on how good the OP is.