Krillin is a fucking ANOMALY to me

Krillin is a fucking ANOMALY to me.
What's his fucking deal?

>barely used
>ugly as fuck
>vaguely memorable, only remembered for his marketing points
>super popular, liked by everyone

Why hasn't he been used much? Why didn't he get a wacky spin-off like Rock Lee?

Isn't he supposed to be some kind of bodhisattva?
He has dots on his head and he's bald

The only interesting thing about him is he has the most powerful attack in the setting and it is never intelligently used.

SENZU BEAN!

Well, the spin-off thing is probably because Toriyama didn't want to spin-offs, whereas Kishimoto has allowed two of them. As for Krillin, he was arguably more interesting as a kid when he was kind of the scrappy sidekick type, but as the power levels thing went nuts, he got left behind as a victim of immersion-breaking.

This is probably the main reason Super has skewed the power level bullshit, to try to get these beloved characters back into the throng. Problem is, they can only do that so much before they inevitably fall back to "Goku is the strongest!" and create the contradiction.

It is probably one reason why Super is so fucking obnoxious to watch / read.

He has two most powerful attacks
He can blind people with the sun and he can slice them into pieces with a razor sharp disc

Just think if you could, IRL, just fucking blind someone then cut them to ribbons

This scene, in particular. This whole concept.
It really speaks volumes regarding the... essence of Goku. Krillin was a real man, lived his life. Had a family, job, gave up the way of the warrior.
Goku is a phantom

I always thought those discs looked way scarier than the unfocused energy beams when I watched dragonball z in high school

The kamehameha stuff is survivable but the discs kill on contact

I think he used to be popular in DB because of his personality, despite being constantly written out of any non-tournament arc. In DBZ and DBS, he's popular because he's the ultimate underdog. He's basically useless, but he's always around despite this. So people can't help but root for him.

I'd chill with the Krill.

>favorite food is Chinese buffet
Does he have a Chinese buffet shirt? I think not!

Thats like all of Toriyama's characters in DBZ. They appeared in DB, did some stuff with Goku, goku surpassed them, and now Goku hangs out with Vegeta.

shonen jump series are written based on popularity polls

krillen is always high in popularity polls in nipland. thats why he is used in places he don't belong

>Why didn't he get a wacky spin-off like Rock Lee?
Because he isn't wacky like Rock Lee or Might Guy. But Yamcha is, that's why he got a spin-off manga.

he got to fuck the hottest dbz character. therefore all arguments are invalid

Krillin's "spinoff" if one piece because he's Luffy there

Rock Lee got a spin off?
Is that any good?

It was pretty funny. There's also one about Sasuke made by the same author.

>What's his fucking deal?
He's just a regular guy who gets caught up in the crazy shit. Also Goku''s best friend. Being Goku's best friend gives you a lot of attention in general.

>Why hasn't he been used much?
Same reason every non-Saiyan isn't used much.

hes not regular he was actually super human and had logic defying endurance and stamina, just that compared to aliens and shit hes nothing

At this point GT is better than super. For all it flaws and they are legion. Gt atleast didnt destroy all character development and its arc actually felt like they matter and contributed to the story. Super is bascily just a string of what if movies at this point.

He's has the second most screen time out of any character until vegata was introduced.
He's ballsy and realistic, also had a decent amount of character development, whats not to like about him?

Regular guy in the sense of DB verse.

>Gt atleast didnt destroy all character development
It just didn't have any at all and no one got to do anything major except Goku so it didn't really have the chance.

Super may be heavily flawed, but you can't call it Goku Time

lol

DB is very protagonist focused after their arcs all the side character tend to get left off to the side.

Vegeta is still relevant because he's the last one to be a foil but if Freiza becomes the new anti-hero then he'll probably be forgotten too.

Except for cell and Buu and anyone remotely on their level.
It fucking grinds on Perfect Cell and does nothing.

>Gt atleast didnt destroy all character development
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>its arc actually felt like they matter and contributed to the story
How can you be so wrong?

least in GT goku isnt a sociapath with the mind of a 10 year old.

Goku has ALWAYS been a sociopath with the mind of a 10 year old you dumb nigger. Anyone who says otherwise is deliberately looking at Z through the rose tinted glasses of the Funi dub.

Are you forgetting when he gave Cell a senzu bean for a "fair fight" and when he didn't try to kill Buu as a SSJ3 because he wanted the kids to do it?

In both of those cases, though, Goku was deliberately trying to get someone else to step up. Even if it was a stupid reason, at least it was a reason. In Super, he's just doing all this for his own selfish desires.

Goku has never been smart, but here despite everybody's warnings to heed caution, including the strongest fucker he'd met at that point in Beerus, he just keeps doing what he wants without consequence.

Krillin is one of the better characters of the series next to Piccolo, or Vegeta in term of development over the years. Watching him from Dragon Ball, all the way to the end of Z. You would see that.

cell surviving the kienzan isn't canon

>its arc actually felt like they matter and contributed to the story.

They contributed alright

it's purely a comedy show

>least in GT goku isnt a sociapath with the mind of a 10 year old.

Except he was. Oh wait, you think he's the 'hope of the universe' right?

you havenĀ“t watche doirginal DB. simple a that

No, he was a battle retard in the body of a 10 year old. Much better.

Masterful. How can Super compete?

>Except he was

No.

wasn't in the manga

I chalk it up to the same reason people like Mumenrider. He's a worthless, irrelevant character that people can relate to. The whole "he's trying his best even if he fails!" thing really captures the hearts of young adults with zero ambition or responsibility that makes them feel so inadequate. And so when you see Goku or Saitama tackling every obstacle it keeps the "he's trying!" novelty of the worthless character fresh. It's like a sick dichotomy of vicariously living through the triumphant feats of 1 character and then being let down gently by having the other character suffer a fate as tragic as your own. Everyone knows failure, few know success, and in the end it's the balance of the opposite of that occurrence that makes you happy (lots of highs and few lows are cheap thrill to someone that experiences the opposite.)

And yes, this was just an excuse for me to shit on the bitch made losers that love mumenrider and call him the best hero like idiots.

No. It's for kids and the jokes are toilet-level American humour. But watch the first episode by all means.

>using GT dub as a reference of how Goku's suppose to act

I know you're just fishing for (you), but I always feel pity for people that parrot this.

We all know the world at large just don't care for GT at all.

People like Krilling because:
1. He's a normal human among a bunch of super demons and aliens
2. Despite being scared shitless and clearly being way weaker than the enemy he still manages to have his moments
3. It suffers big time pretty often to the point it's funny
4. He's very close to Goku

He's the typical commenter guy in the series.
He serves to describe what's happening to the readers, and when he can't follow what's happening you know it's some real shit.