What is this archetype called?

the /ourguy/ archetype

autism

literally me

literally me

batman

asshole

failed normalfag

Do you want to write a tv tropes article or something?

___man

literally me

正義の味方

Robot9000

me

left autist jesus
right literally jesus operating at 50%

Right is better than 8man simply because he knows how to fight.

I am not sure I get this archetype.
r9k wish fulfillment or something?

>I am a loner autist but if I would show my true potential every girl would get wet

Right: what I think I am.
Left: what I really am.

Light novel main character, not to be confused with the anime main character which is a total beta faggot

You are not good enough to be 8man.

I dunno. Left is a kind of Japanese Holden Caulfield. Right is a machine.

This is probably the most accurate description.

The literally me on the right. The 4chinner retard on the left

Literally us

Is the right any good ?

I like him more than left.

So, they just need prep time?

WTF why ?

isn't mathematically speaking 8man stronger than 1/2man?

The anime or the guy?
The anime is kinda edgy/pretentious but in a funny way.
The guy is definitely interesting.

Me it's literally me except I don't have friends

Well he's called 50% in English. So the question is what is he 50% of. If it's 50% of, say, 20 then he is stronger than 8man.

I only recognize 8man. Who is the guy on the right?

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji

new show of this season. It's 50% man, the main character who is probably a genius at everything from combat to social manipulation but he only operates at 50% and gives now fucks

He's going 51% soon.

Edgelord teenager type

>50% man
fucking cringe

I love 8man

The Kyon.

The intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor type.

They're pretty much the same as any other wish fulfilling harem protag: guy gets lots of female attention by barely trying. They're just quiet loners instead of your typical shonen energetic "for justice!" types.

Two people who are completely different to each other?

>quiet loner
Literally me

I want more of these archetypes but in a fantasy setting without harems

It'll grow on you

Japanese names are annoying to remember.

Characters that remind you of yourself

>fucking cringe
cringe

Dead Fish Eyes.

>triggered edgelord

the 50-8

>triggered twitter normalfag

''Literally me'' archetype, because they look like what you'd be when in reality you're just a loser.

I haven't watched the show on the right, but from osmosis, I gathered that he's this super cool, hyper-capable good at everything dude in a special elite class who chooses not to be super good at everything for some reason, I'm guessing so that he "can live a normal life", and girls fall for him anyways. Feel free to correct me though

8man is an actual loser and a piece of shit, he's what happens to people who actually do the whole "intelligent, nihilistic, wicked sense of humor" schtick in high school despite not being better than any of them. he gets ostracized, and he happens to be dragged into a club where he'd happen meet the only 2 people that'd be attracted to him.

Only a normalfag underedge likes this type of character. Low down the edge kiddo.

Pretty much this.

maybe 8 man knows it too. we dont know that for sure

Left is literally me; however, instead of being ignored and forgotten, everyone in the series likes him. Right is more of an OP wish-fulfillment like Onii-sama so him getting pussies wet makes sense--even then arguably only two get wet for him unlike 8man.

Who's the dude on the right? Is he a cheap knock-off of 8man?

>All these retards not recognizing a dude from an airing show

Kinda like him
But not a whiny bitch

Self-insert MC

The state of Sup Forums.

>only certain agetypes can like characters
Who's underage here?

>watching every single garbage anime out there instead of filtering them
I have a life outside anime.

emotionless brooding badass self-inserts for losers who think that's cool, I guess.

>8man
>emotionless
>badass

lazy self insert

Unsung hero

Best archetype btw

Right is terminator in standby mode

>batman
>/ourguy/

"I am so intelligent" self-insert. Usually he is actually not very intelligent, because the author himself is a fucking retard.

have we been watching the same series, author tries way to hard to make 8man an all knowing smartass who has a hidden trait no one knows about.

Leave this place, you fucking casual scum. People with no love shouldn't be posting here.

He's overly emotional and incredibly self-conscious. He is smart but that wasn't secret and his hidden trait is the ability to solve problems by making himself a martyr.
Its more about him growing out of the loner thing than him becoming batman you tart.

How does that make him emotionless? Personally, I can't find him be a badass because he's unironically me personality-wise so I just want to punch his face because it's like looking in a mirror.

8man tries to be the all-knowing smartass with a hidden trait. despite neither being all-knowing, nor having an actual hidden trait.

The whole series is him growing out of that. Despite all the grandstanding he does, he's just as much of a kid as the people he goes on about.
He go the smartass thing on lock though, so that's good I guess?

Consuming everything regardless of quality doesn't mean you love it. If anything it shows a lack of interest.

Not me at all
But the guy I would be friends with

Kodaka doesn't want a girl, he only wanted friends and they ruined it by falling in love with him

You in real life fix relationship problems and knows everything about people?

>he wants me to watch boring trash.

>Do I fit in yet guys?

No, I'm a smartass.

You don't like the medium itself so you don't accept the good and the bad of it. You don't try to understand it at all. Though to begin with you are probably just a jaded fucktard that goes around calling everything shit.

Yeah, I know, shocking. People used to watch anime before. This is why we actually had board-wide events and not just self-contained general thread circlejerking.

>You don't like the medium itself so you don't accept the good and the bad of it.
So only fat people like food? Only people who read trash like books

That is a fucking weird way of looking at consuming any media.

Not him, but I used to act like I know everything about other people. Being all judgmental and acting like I'm so much better and different compared to all these jocks and popular people despite being in the lower circles, hanging out with fellow losers. Acting like I'm so much smarter than other people despite getting above average grades at most, and excusing myself for not doing better by telling myself "I'm really not trying" or "I didn't study at all".

He's actually really cringeworthy, like actual cringe, not the "the slightest thing outside my comfort zone" nu-cringe.

Shitty iichan clones.

They're not really the same I think. I think they're both neat MCs, but I like hachiman more in the same way I like Tomoko. He triggers old memories of being a stupid, self-conscious, image-obsessed idiot as a kid, whilst I like 50% man for the reason I like Jesus(Sakamoto), or Jesus(Onii-sama). They're so hyper-competent to the point of absurdity, and I find how much they're super deadpan about it amusing.

>You don't eat shit, therefore you don't enjoy eating at all.
Kill yourself, retard.

But what's your basis for calling a show shit if you didn't watch a single episode?

>You don't like the medium itself so you don't accept the good and the bad of it.

I.. What?

How could you say you love her if you wouldn't eat her shit?

user, I think whoever you're in love with might've been a bad influence on you.

No one cares about your strawman

>school chad is envious of a piece of a loser
>school idols in love with the piece of shit
>has a loving and cute imouto, a caring christmas cake sensei, a teasing kouhai and a boipucci attracted to him
Left is more self wishfullfilment than right

Left is intelligent underachiever, who could be anything but he choose to be nothing.

Right is fucking lab experiment who manipulates everyone. He genuinely does not give a fuck about others unless it is to benefit his goal/disguise.

>being this much of a newfag