So now that guns will soon be gone: is the time of the blade once again upon us, Sup Forums?

So now that guns will soon be gone: is the time of the blade once again upon us, Sup Forums?

It's time to start training once again. Like your ancestors.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/user/BackyardBowyer
hemaalliance.com/club-finders/
youtu.be/qYf3f1r3iT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Training
>Like your ancestors
>Katana
Dude... what?

Lances >>>>>> Swords

Prove me wrong.

how about two knives?

I always have my old machete next to my bed :^)

Digits speak truth.

>muh honorable blades

This guy has tutorials on making nice PVC bows (including recurve) that cost next to nothing to make and are dumb easy. They are effective, efficient, durable, and cheap.

m.youtube.com/user/BackyardBowyer

>Inb4 "Hurr bows vs guns"

It's just a cool channel

>FFIX
Amazing taste

A sword is a sword. But yeah I prefer a Messer or a Bastard

>bows VS guns
>globalists melt down all guns
Looks like someone’ll Be outta luck

has an OP ever been so BTFO?

>jap
>katana
If your going to go through the effort of learning a new weapon system why not learn archery that way you still have some range

crossbows exist, just sayian

You’d have to act very quickly to dodge a spear or lance in time to close the distance with shitty knives like that. And if the lancer is able to recover or block your strike, best believe it won’t be a fun day for you.

3edgy5me

>being this new
never return

This is now a cool ass lances/halberds thread

I'm ready to buy Albion Danish sword for 2k bucks.

all your ancestors did was fight in formations or die not fighting in formations when others were. europe was so but hurt about how boring all of their midevil warfare was that they pretend it was more complex and duel esk. regardless of historical accounts

you go stand in a line i will run you faggots over with a suv with 4 wheel drive

>katana
>that outfit
Cringe

The weak should fear the strong.

Imagine if you equipped rats with weapons that allowed them to kill cats, snakes, owls, and dogs. Soon your eco system would be overrun by vermin. Equality is not natural.

Save your money.
That piece of crap would shatter in a real sword fight. lmao

don't spend 2k on ceremonial quality if you expect to smack it around and end up making it worth 100 dorra. 400~ is about right for a sharp practical.

Agreed. At the least, it makes basic engineering interesting, and at most, a nice survival trick for hunting with.

Thanks. I would like to see an HD remake of it, but I also dread that voice actors will be brought in and possibly shit it up.

This. If you want style fine but focus on practicality first and foremost. It’s usually cheaper.

my fucking ID...

I'll give you one chance to take that back, knave

That pic is absolute fucking cringe...

Pic attached is the proper European way

Halberds >>>>> Lances

Albion swords won't shatter m8.

They are as battle ready as you can get nowadays

I think Halberds and Lances are nearly equal, but I lean towards lances because Halberds are a lot less efficient in wielding imo.

if you, or anyone else, are interested you can try looking for a sword fighting club that might cater for european swords.
hemaalliance.com/club-finders/

I'm already in one.

You need a horse for that smartass.

So fucking cringe

He died some months ago

awesome. do you do any training in your garden? how do you find your neighbours react? The people around me didn't react too well to start with

True, true. But they are still much better than a katana.

Staff fighting masterrace reporting in for duties.
The advantages of staff over swords are enormous:
It's easier to justify carrying a staff over a sword
It requires literally no maintenance,so no edge alignment and stuff like this
It's more versatile,you can simply attack your foe with a direct attack or you can swing it around you and create an impenetrable barrier to the opponent,this is very useful is you have to fight a pack of dogs for example
A staff is cheap
A staff doesn't have edge problems and can be replaced with less problems than a sword
Given the same quality between these two weapons,the staff will always be cheaper
It has more purposes than a sword
Can block a sword with no problems
>inb4 tests
No shit idiot,that doesn't resemble a fight at all,no one is stupid enough to hold a staff perfectly direct at you and allow your sword to impact with a 90° angle,it most likely will rotate all over your opponent's body and there are odds that your dear sword will get stuck into the staff lol

Why don't you already own a staff user?Pic related is a Sicilian staff which is pretty light (most of them are 1kg

>allowing people to see your weapons/weapons training
I wouldn’t do this, there’s a reason concealed carry is effective. But you do you I guess.

RIP in peace

That is a very sorrowful picture, and I've seen some shit.

>attack pose.jpg
>legs in a finished lunge position 90 degrees away from viewer, cannot deliver a thrust
>bonus: leading foot misalligned with leg
>body facing 90 degrees away from the apparent lunge, unable to deliver any cut because he can't twist his body farther into the cut given the side he's holding his sword on
>bonus: leaning forward (sideward) with torso, off balance

This soyboy is in no way ready to deliver any attack from this pose.

This soyboy needs to stop.

it's true, even in the hands of the untrained, a spear is way more effective than a sword

give the sword guy a shield though and it gets more complicated

its not illegal to sword train on your own private property in britain, no matter the sword type as long as it's legal, so the neighbours can get fucked. They called the police on me the first time but once they saw i wasn't actually breaking the law they went away. I haven't been bothered since.

No one is stupid enough to train with a sword in the middle of a crowded place lol,your same argument can be applied to guns' training.
What are the neighbours going to think when they'll hear the noises made by gunshots?You simply train and keep it discrete, it's not advisable to tell everyone that you are trying with guns/knives/staffs and such,nor it is to let strangers know if you do martial arts or fighting sports and if it happens that they get to know it and ask more you simply keep it cool, so no "I CAN BEAT EVERY FAGGOT IN THE TOWN AHAHAH 1V1 ME NIGGER".
Understood?

Soyboy position is asking for a thrust into the face

Not really the point I was making, imo showing physical offensive power in the public eye is a surefire way to be an easier target. But like I said, it’s probably different for where you’re from. And I’m a bit of a paranoiac.

Yeah I get that.

What if he put the sword over his shoulder like in the Halt guard position?I think I saw this on some German manual about sword fighting where you happened to put the back of your balde on your shoulder,the torso and the whole body were a bit rotated,but it was in between a full horizontal position and a full one; is something like that going to be effective?

This is legit. Brb going monk

"Battle ready" is code word for a few blows on a theatrical stage.
You couldn't use it in a real fight.

Wait, what, really?

Could not find any information regarding his death, even if you are telling the truth RIP you autistic hawaian.

His videos were pretty damm great, i made a couple of pvc bows following his intructions (working on the medieval pvc crossbow at the moment) and those come out surprisingly well, for anyone interested to doing some pvc bows, use bowstring instead of paracord, the diference is pretty damm noticeable in performance.

First time human?

Get into that position right now and try to twist in the direction the swordstroke would fall. Pro tip, you can't, your hips won't let it happen. It doesn't matter if he puts the sword on his shoulder. It's on the wrong side entirely, even if you justify the godawful footing by some miracle.

>Cohortes urbanae
>Nightwatch
>Bow Street Runners

My ancestors created an organized command structure and created non-militarized police.

Your ancestors still throw shit at each in Africa.

>Thinking that you'll be able to even hurt a lone wolf in the forest

Lol,you simply don't bring a short weapon like a sword or a staff when fighting such ferocious animals, you want a quarterstaff at least.
Also,I was hypothesising about a situation where you must defend from a a pack of dogs in your city or even a single dog,a staff will not kill him immediately and you'll avoid a lot of legal problems whilst a sword will get you in deep shit,try to cut or even strike with one and you'll fatally injure the dog.
The only attack I can think of is trying to "poke" his head with the sword like the do in the Kendō,I don't know how to explain it better...You have the sword in front of you and from there you try to touch the dog with the dog's head without charging the attack.

Or a cut from the (attacker's) right. There is literally nothing the soysman pictured can do to parry a cut going there.

So seeing that the world is going to shit, and from the people who has no guns, or have that craftman itch, have anyone here has tried to make their own weapons?

I noticed his wrong feet's position too,I my previous post I was already taking in account that his lad had adjusted the position of his feet.
As far as I know hips are a big factor when attacking sideways

I get what you're saying and I felt the same way when I first started doing solo drills in the garden but my instructor advised me to keep calm and be polite if anybody asked me questions or demand that I stop. The only people that stopped me were the cops and I ended up giving them my clubs business card where they spoke with one of the instructors and the cops went off shortly after. No problems since except for this fucking snow.

>Snow
What’s snow?
T. Texan user

>No problems since except for this fucking snow.
Just be like the Karate Kid and pretend shoveling snow is a part of your training.

Yeah, if you fix the footing it's a basic guard, with the sword raised a bit off the shoulder. Footing is vital, nearly any hand position can be justified if the footing is changed to suit.

AMERICAN SAMURAI

1) weeb katana fags need to die in general
2) civilian self defense with a sword is best done with a light one handed thrusting one, as centuries of european streetfights proved

Can't the spear user slash low at the legs before pivoting to thrust straight up?

Nop. Technologically advanced nuclear weapons that amplify, persever, and seep radiation.

barbarians = niggers/mexicans/arabs?

Memories broken, the truth is unspoken...

Honorabu combat

Gonna dump some templates if anyone is interested, good project if you have some woodworking and metal working skills.

Making the cams for compounds bows/crossbows

Another template

>Get cut, bleed everywhere
>everyone has hiv now
>defeat entire army within 2 years aids goes full blown
Charlie sheen would be the best warrior on the battlefield

>sword fighting
youtu.be/qYf3f1r3iT4

Bows/crossbows are the best for hunting.

How about a motorcycle?

>have at thee, snowflake!

A motorcycle is too dependant on the rider to maintain stability.
Hitting something with a lance will impart force on the wielder, which means that the rider's balance will be affected. The horse is not dependent on its rider maintaining balance (though obviously helped by it) so the rider can recover without having to fight its ride.
The motorcycle is wholly dependant on the rider for balance and will likely crash.

Maybe you could do it with a quad or trike, though.

>No lunge in German longsword
>No autistic about foot alignment
Honestly, he can probably just deliver something like a high krumphau on his opponent's head with the false edge in that position while passing pack with the right foot. Not ideal technique, the guy in black already probably has scored a hit against his hands, but if he krumps in the same tempo, he can still theoretically win the exchange.

You could take the Vargpill and convince yourself that rocks and sticks will stop the nigger hordes.

It wont stop mass killings at schools or other public places. A sword is technically easier to conceal than a rifle famichan.

Master the staff and you've mastered all arts.

Brother.

>A sword is easier to conceal than a rifle

Try to conceal a Katana or even worse a Longsword my mate,it'll be much harder than a AR-15 (which is 1m long)for example;not only that but to actually kill someone with a sword and in the same time not getting injured requires more skill and training than shooting a lad with a pistol,then we must take in consideration the range that a sword can give you:generally we are talking between a meter and two meter and fifty centimeters circa while with a gun you can easily kill someone who's 100 meters from you and unless he carries a weapon with himself he won't be able to defend from your attack.
Also,why should I even buy a Sword when I can make my own gun,given a bit of time,patience and skill?Come on pal

Finally another man of culture here.

you clearly haven't because this one's ancient and not that bad

Not sure if such positioning is viable against most armor, but possible? Yeah.

Can you say potato gun.

Sword is for unarmed targets and finishing. Guns is for serious opponents.
If your opponent has fists cut him up, if he has another sword shoot him.
Gladius master race.

Short swords are best for killing unarmed peasants, you uneducated pleb.