Symphogear

It's the day after the first episode of the season climax aired, where's the discussion thread?

>Adam is a dirty NINGYOU, probably made by custodians
>Fudou is getting ready to use "THAT"
>Elfnein is actually upgrading the pendants and not slacking
>Saint Germain is actually kind of cool even with her dumb helmet
>I TRUST HANASAKU YUUKI
>Tiki a shit but an entertaining shit
>LANCE OF LONGINUS DATTO?!
>Power of God decides to NTR Adam
>Hibiki goes full Wild Arms and somehow turns into Mother instead of Lord Blazer
>Miku got 10 frames of animation instead of 0

Symphogear is saved.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/staff_aoi/status/909398193011531777
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do you rate this season Sup Forums?

I miss Fine.

On par with S1 so far.

Better than G and much better than GX. Symphogear's quality is directly proportional to how much screentime Miku is given.

Mediocre. Alchemists were a mistake.

Who's the artist? Can't read moon.

> where's the discussion thread
No subs yet.

So this gets a second cour now?

Season 5 was confirmed a long time ago user.

I still feel that it's fucking stupid that Gungnir turns out to have the same properties as the Lance of Longinus. And this is an anime series known for its stupid twists.

>Two pure souls
>One of them is Hibiki, because god's power can only enter soul which doesn't have the original sin

Place your bets Sup Forums, Elf9, SG or Maria?

It's the law of conservation of spears

Gungnir is the spear that was used as the Lance of Longinus.

Tiki, while transforming into a giant Lamia monster, did still keep her conscience and was able to decouple at will at the end. So why would the consequences for Hibiki be different? What speaks against her just exiting the chrysalis in literal God mode, but otherwise unchanged. Then the Custodians arrive and the gears use Airgetlam's special ability to distribute the God powers between all the gears and they use "God Drive" to fight Custodians for the next 2 episodes.

Nico

Mikugeah's power was cleansing impurities. Mikue also got nuked by it. She's coming back.

I love the retarded things that can happen because of how "philosophical armaments" work. The tutankhamun one from 3.5 makes a lot more sense than this gungnir twist, but I like the creativity in this one.

>Hibiki just pops out of the cocoon next episode and she's fine, but she has god powers and is constantly glowing now
>remainder of the season is SoL hijinks with her being clumsy with her new powers

that actually makes way too much sense as an explanation for why Bikki could get god's powers. Pretty sure she's had too many MRI scans to be a secret autoscorer.

Did
>two pure souls
get mentioned this episode by adam or something?

Custodians implemented the Curse of Balal to defeat the humans because they couldn't combat the human's ability to create philosophical armament out of their joint belief. The Curse of Balal shattered that unity of thought and allowed the Custodians to win. With the advent of new techologies though the world is close to breaking the Curse of Balal on its own and thus Philosophical Armaments are returning.

That Adam is modelled after Michael Jackson is now obvious. Only zombies can remove their own arm to be wielded as a cudgel with their other arm.

>we might get Ignited Beef Stroganoff after all

Can someone explain to me what on earth is the philosophical armaments? Are they synonymous with Geahs?

Basically people are able to imbue objects with power by simply believing it has power.

Check the image I posted. It's one of the keywords.

The original sin part was mentioned by Germain.

I think it means their powers come from people's beliefs about them
>Gungnir has the powers of 'piercing gods' because people interpreted it as the Lance of Longinus in the symphoverse
>Tutankhamun's mask curses people because people believed in Tutankhamun's Curse

On the other hand, there's Philia's Sword Breaker which just works against anything that is considered a sword and doesn't seem to come from people's belief's about it. So idk.

twitter.com/staff_aoi/status/909398193011531777

Symphogear is just all over the place. S1 was about the power of communication, S2 was about the power of love, S3 was about alchemy, S4 is about beliefs.

I wish it is still as simple as "Noise are bad, go kill them".

For the non moon reader user, yes, Bikki still has her consciousness.

It's Miku user Hibiki is pure because Miku blasted her with an evil cleansing beam. I really hope they use that explanation. So is everyone hoping Germain lives, I mean she doesn't sing so she won't take up that much screentime she can just stay in the lab with Elfnein and when the shit goes down she can go full Bayonetta on somebody.

> I wish it is still as simple as "Noise are bad, go kill them".
You can't really do that in the industry past Madoka. Unless it's edgy and really insecure about really being just ryona, it won't fly.

Phara believed it could break swords and she told Tsubasa that it could and since Tsubasa was still being "I'm a sword" she believed her and so it worked against her until she became a wing

Why do clan Kazanari has so much power over S.O.N.G? You would have thought that no single country should have that much power over this international organization, let alone a single clan.

They basically formed the 2nd Division which S.O.N.G is in all but name

Yea that entire episode was stupid as fuck, at least Tsubasa is finally over her Sakimori phase.

I miss Kanade

I miss Sugita

>no subs

This is your protagonist for tonight

10/10 ending, even better than S1

>living cow creeps out of the pot

I sure hope not everything is gonna be heiki hecchara 2 minutes into the next episode

G > S1 > AXZ > * >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GX

* = any generic mahou shoujo

I think fixing this mess will take most of next episode, but no longer that. It's not a Symphogear ending without the group song and that means there's a finaler boss than Hibiki.

>there's a finaler boss than Hibiki
But who? She already killed a god.

>G > S1

I'm hoping that the twist is that Hibiki pops out stronger than ever and fucks up Adam instantly. Then the real Custodians arrive just in time for the next cliffhanger.

God's bigger brother is gonna come to beat up whoever bullied his otouto and stole his powers.

That was one god. Just prod the custodians enough and the big boys will come down. Or maybe Fudou or Adam can still fuck things up somehow.

I go nuts for MikuBikki material, so I'm slightly biased.

Is "hibiki fists miku" a thing in Japan? I want art of it.

Clones user. This is the perfect opportunity to have some Hibiki vs the god power which took the form of her for reasons and wants to fake her over, then when the others show up to the cocoon it spits out guardians based on Hibiki's memories which makes clones on everyone and noise for padding.

It's true though.

I go nuts for Hibiki being so hot she sets fire to stuff that touches her.

Whoa, what exactly is the context here?
It straight up looks like they're kissing in bed.

It's the people who joined symphogear at G, and want more empty cliffhangers and huge threads.

I miss BlackBikki

i miss S1

Just a bit below S1. I really wish the plot was better in AZX, it's abysmal really

Disgusting

Will season 5 be about Philosophical Armament wielders?

>{

I gave up on livewatching it, was pretty lame until last episode.

When did Symphogear became Prétear?

>Maria gets basically two episodes for development and backstory
>Kills the hype the season had.
>Shirabe gets her own episode for delevopment
>Dull episode that gives everyone a bad feeling on the rest of the season.
>Kirika gets around 5 minutes of focus
>Shows off that she's a better and more interesting character than the other two.
Why are the blondes of this series so great maybe they would have written Maria better if they had kept her blonde like they thought about doing in one of her prototypes.

>Shirabe gets her own episode for delevopment
>Dull episode that gives everyone a bad feeling on the rest of the season.
Literally never, fuck off.

Don't forget Chris' boyfriend arc.

That semen demon Biki form is actually canon?

He's NOT her fucking boyfriend

Thanks user.

>those granblue art
wew

Yes, he is.

Transfer student episode with Anime-chan soon?

Nah, she's going to be the new teacher.

Maybe she can teach Elfnein how not to suck at alchemy.

I said teacher, not miracle worker.

But she's older than Maria!

Wish that big version had the heart-pupils in this one.

Her body is forever young though.

Blame the writters, who only let Hibiki do important things and don't give a shit about the other characters. Kirika was cool for 5 seconds, then they ditched her for Hibiki, like always

>the main character is more important than the other characters
Wow!

easily rectified

"X character can do it cause she is the protagonist" is crappy writting. Hibiki just keeps pulling more powers out of her ass each season, that's retarded.

What power did she pull out of her ass? What power does she have that has no explanation other than "can do it cause she is the protagonist"?

Thanks! You're a gentleman and a scholar.

The power to kill Gods for example.

That's a property of Gungnir that it gained due to people's belief.

It's not unexplained and it's not Hibiki's power either.

Hibiki is still the only one with that power because she's the protagonist, no one gives a fuck about the explanation.

And no one beside you gives a fuck about the fact that Maria doesn't get all the attention in the anime

>miracle worker

>God Bikki revives the 70 gorillon Germain killed

Fuck that, she should revive Kanade, Serena and Ver.

Why would she revive Ver.

Ver is happy inside Maria.

Nice try but no one likes Maria.

Subs datto?

Ogawa belongs to Shirabe, delete this