Trump just imposed massive tariffs on imported steel...

Trump just imposed massive tariffs on imported steel. America doesn't have the capacity to produce all the steel it needs so it has to import. New steel making capacity will take years to bring online. Bottom line? Enjoy paying more for everything! So much winning!

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-01/trump-says-he-ll-impose-tariffs-on-steel-and-aluminum-imports

Bottom line: skip the retarded 'muh yearly upgrades' bait

dont fuck with me you know I got that charlie sheen

>New steel making capacity will take years to bring online.

Bullshit. The mill I work at is currently running at 30% capacity. The company just struck a deal with an overseas supplier to roll their stuff, and that still only puts us at 50%.

More well paying jobs that don't require a college degree as well as professional jobs which do on top of self sufficiency. That's good

higher tariffs protect us from being outbid on wages by dirt poor niggers and chinks.

Wow I’m sure you’re quite the expert when it comes to U.S. economics Mr. Chang

And drive up prices
And this is before retaliatory tariffs back on us

Cost of living is retardedly low now and tariff fags want to drive it back up as an excuse for being too lazy or stupid to get a job

How about advocating for less taxes and regulations instead so things can be produced here cheaper you dumb fucking niggers?

>being poor

I don't understand why Trump raises tariffs on imported steel if the US doesn't produce enough steel, that's stupid
Maybe he wants Americans to start new steel producing businesses, businesses that will close if a non protectionist President is voted in the White House

Some problems can't be fixed easily, cheaply, and quickly. Most, in fact. Stop being such a faggot.

Less competition will lead to US producers raising prices. The American consumer will lose bigly. Sounds pretty swampy to me.

>Bringing back steel factories through tariffs

Wow sounds like another campaign promise fulfilled. Thanks for the info.

why not both?

trump has learned the secret, the secret of steel.

It's another leftist leaf who knows things that simply aren't true.
I'm shocked

Bush did the same thing and it lasted like a month.

Oh fuck how will I be able to afford my weekly steel shopping now?

stop steamrolling OP's stupid narrative
he worked hard on it

>making your country more self sufficient in the long run
>take a small hit in the short run

sounds like a decent trade off to me. being reliant on an enemy for something so necessary as steel has to be the most retarded thing you could do as a country

MORE TARIFFS TO HURT AMERICAN CONSUMORS

Redpill me on the secret

>less competition
>not paying chink slave niggers 2 cents a year for your materials

>raise prices and sit on your ass with demand outpacing supply
>not investing in expanding supply to make even more money
I swear you mouthbreathing motherfucker, you need to take a fresh breath of chlorine

>Hundreds of thousands of steel workers will be employed again and it will marginally increase the cost of building skyscrapers
oh no

These tariffs are retaliatory.

China operates with an average tariff of ~15% and do all kinds of trade manipulation

b-but we should let them do it so we can pay a dollar less on already cheap goods!!!

No point arguing here. Trumptards don't understand basic economics. Free trade isn't up for debate; it's the one issue all economists agree on.

>America doesn't have the capacity to produce all the steel it needs so it has to import

I know, this lolberg argument is literally the most Jewish shit you can imagine and people gobble it up uncritically in academia.

Supposedly the one thing all economists agree on is that free trade is good, but that actually contradicts the economic history where countries have only ever industrialized under tariff regimes.

so we're making america more self-sufficient by not sending all our money abroad to buy cheap, shitty chink steel? that's step one in MAGA. makes it easier to turn isolationist and stop waging wars across the world for the profit of the jewish neocons and neolibs of the military-industrial complex

>when you dont understand comparative advantage or any basic economic concepts and think tariffs are maga maga maga winning

A domestic steel production is necessary to wage war. A domestic oil supply is necessary to wage war. All the snowflakes better buckle up your ass to going to war. Fucking liberals can die in a muslim country fighting for America.

We have several mothballed facilities that were not allowed to be destroyed by order of the Department of Defense specifically to allow for wartime production demands.

There's one in Wyandotte, Michigan that is being retooled as we speak to come back online in 2020.

China doesn't have a comparative advantage, they subsidize their industry to flood the market and gain market share. Now they're starting to hold their resources and capital of foreign corporations hostage.

The free trade/comparative advantage model is entirely hypothetical and was conceived of in the 1700s when capital and labor weren't mobile.

>sacrificing all values for lower prices
Go to the back of the oven.

If driving up prices is bad why do you want to raise the minimum wage so bad?

OH NO IF ONLY THERE WAS IRON WE COULD BUY TO TURN INTO STEEL

also shitlibs should be happy about aluminum

>America doesn't have the capacity to produce all the steel it needs so it has to import.
That's not why it's imported.

>but goyim your shitty walmart trampoline is going to cost $1 more now

>countries have only ever industrialized
>industrialized
It's almost like there's a reason for that you dumb nigger

We should adopt centeralized town markets again so we can move from a feudal agrarian economy to a specialized one right

How fucking stupid

Why is hiring?

>America doesn't have the capacity to produce all the steel it needs so it has to import
Bullshit.

Yeah the reason is because they put restrictions on dumping so that the domestic industries had to invest in capital to increasing productivity and market share.

>had our manufacturing jobs not been offshored, this wouldn't be a problem.

sorry to derail your narrrative, leaf

>oh no, literally everything will cost more
Ftfy

The worst part is that these increases won't be readily identifiable, but growth of things like steel will be. So the retarded idea will be reinforced

It's like when government started mandating public school after the trend of literacy was already parabolic and then claims credit for it

Or like roaches thriving under a refrigerator

Our country need to do away with importation entirely.
We must go to war with Australia and make it habitable for human life, then suck its resources dry.

just make more mines dumbass lol

We shut down our steel mills to import, senpai.
What's so hard to believe here?

>donald pump
>tank top
>DYEL
disgusting

Gee, maybe we'll have to ramp up production.

Do you Leafs even business?

>If driving up prices is bad why do you want to raise the minimum wage so bad?

But im making more after the tax cuts?

>t. leaf that knows nothing
In Cleveland we still have the steel factories barely producing anything. If we open some back up and up production everything is going to be fine.

>specific industries did better so it's better overall
>being a brainlet
When your entire economy revolves around those industries, protecting them is fine

When your economy has barely anything to do with flailing industries, it's fucking retarded

>maybe we'll have to ramp up production.

Wew lad capitalists are going to start producing again in America because of tariffs and not go to the most exploited nations to do so like Vietnam. Ask Japan and Europe how tariffs are working for their shit economies.

Note to self: Never sell call options again.

>thinking you could survive in this fucking humidity

Dreamer

Who are you talking to?

Yes! Time for the US steel industry to dominate once again.

if paying more for things is the price for approaching autarky and having our nation actually give purpose and means to its citizens, then that is more then welcome.

I can't believe we have a nostalgia based economy

Really activates my almonds

By literally everything, what are you talking about?

Steel is used in construction, the building of capital will cost more, but loans are already 0% interest, so there's no real increase in the cost of consumer goods

The US industrialized under a uniform tariff

That's how jobs are created numbnuts.

A thriving steel industry is necessary to fight a war. Just think, it could only be a matter of a few years before American tanks roll across your border and liberate/kill you Canadians!

Free at last, free at last!

>I can't believe we have a nostalgia based economy

Yes there are retards on here who think this is going to help them. They apparently think this is the 1800s again.

I'm not in Canada like you LEAF. We still have mills. A bunch of them. The only thing we're doing is shutting down China's subversion tactics. No wonder you're so mad mr. REAF

Why not just nationalize all industry? Everyone will magically get a job now Mr. Gun grabber Trump!

>0% interest makes the money come out of thin air
>No real cost
No real cost you will see, it's all marginal economics spread out. Did you even read what I wrote

"When your entire economy revolves around [industrialization goods], protecting them is fine

t. neocon kike

Great boomer tier """argument"""

if you don't increase immigration and lift all tarriffs our economy will be awful, please think of the economy

Canadian steel worker here. How fucked am I?

>Great boomer tier """argument"""

This is effectively what pol has become under the orange gun grabber in chief. No arguments, only name calling.

>No real cost you will see, it's all marginal economics spread out. Did you even read what I wrote
>"When your entire economy revolves around [industrialization goods], protecting them is fine
They only started producing them competitively because of the tariffs you dip. Britain industrialized by stealing the cloth-making industry from Flanders through quotas and tariffs. China has high tariffs compared to everywhere else.

This is actually a constant in economic history. Tariffs lead to industrialization as long as you have an internally competitive market

we certainly should nationalize amazon, walmart, and other monopolies that are destroying are country.

la hoja

>bloomberg
kek

The prices are never going to be high enough to make up for the increase in wages. The only people who benefit from free trade are the top kikes.

You're SO fucking stupid you manage to read my posts and the distinctions and still fail to grasp what I'm saying

Figure it out before replying dumb fuck

first he gives HUGE tax cuts to buisness
now buisness has plenty of capital to absorb tarriff
finally economic viability to create 10s of thousands of jobs in america.
how is this not a win?

>I don't understand margins or macroeconomics: the post

>macroeconomics
You mean the fictitious science that has crippling physics envy.

I understand it, it's wrong.

Countries large enough to be autarkies can employ tariffs without any long-term negative consequences.

Of course Luxembourg placing a massive tariff on oil wouldn't work but that's exactly the autism you're trying to defend where there's a consistent and litigious means by which you can decide economic policy; There isn't. Tariffs will usually benefit large countries like the US if they have the capacity to increase supply domestically at marginal increases in price.

so its 2002 all over again, get hype for massive unemployment

>trump-says
trump says a lot of things that won't happen

bush tried the same thing and got buttfucked by the EU for it

Looks like the factories will have to open again. Only fuck off leaf, you will rangeban yourself soon.

Fuck you leaf this is great we btfoed lolbertarians boomerfags and yuropoors all at the same time

Trumps whole plan was cut buisness taxes and we will make up for it elsewhere. if 200k people are hired and then pay taxes gdp will rise. mining, foundries, transport all will grow hugely.

>you need science to understand how things work on a wider scale over time
Wew
>I understand, it's wrong
>still posts about how economies where the economies revolved around industrial goods benefitted from tariffs
>even after I conceded that point with a caveat
>three times now
I said don't reply to me moron

Boomerfag detected

lmao asd blasted chink

Boomer's can't say kike, they will go to hell for even thinking that that specific middle eastern ethnicity may actually be against them.

(((the """"""""science"""""""" of economics)))

>200k people hired being paid x wage
>cost to the economy is greater than x wage times 200
>brainlets think it's working because theycant see the unseen
Y'all niggas need bastiat
Boomers are the nostalgiafags pushing steel retard

>the steel mill I definitely, truly work at is only at -1% capacity. Thanks to GOD EMPEROR TRUMP I will be a millionaire! MAGA MAGA MAGA MAGA
Pro tip: If your ideas aren't shit, you can argue them without lying.

So steel mills will open back up and we will have new jobs and a more stable self serving economy? O no!

Trump boomers can

I just said you don't need science
Is there anybody in here who even passes the lowest is threshold to argue in good faith?

I have yet to see an example