They fucking lose next match offscreen

>they fucking lose next match offscreen

That match was so good that they couldn't have topped it without it feeling contrived.

SAKURAGIII

b-but i really want them to win

Fuck off.

This is the only sports manga where a timeskip ending was pulled off perfectly.

that happens in so many sports shows/movies when I think about it

>tfw Sakuragi never got the girl

was Akagi modeled after Patrick Ewing ?

>Manga stops with main team winning semifinals.

But like a lot of Adachi mangas it´s would be a fair assumption that they won.

Haikyuu!! missed the chance to have an epic end like that.

>they fucking lose next match offscreen
Why? I thought they won the finals and have a satisfying ending?

No, they defeated the strongest team, but were exhausted from the match and couldn't play to their fullest on the following day.

That sucks, I want them to win the finals because that was Akagi and Kogure's final year.

It was a good ending. You know they were the best team. They know they were the best team, and everybody important does.
Now Rukawa and Sakuragi have to pick up the pieces and wreck shit as miracle second years. Though Sakuragi still needs to cure out his back.

She didn't deserve him

when will he continue REAL

I didn't hate that in Rookies.

Remember also that Sakuragi was injured and couldn't play the last match.

It really isn't an epic ending. It's just different because they play the strongest team before finals, win and then buster out immediately afterwards.

No manga has ever felt like a bigger waste of my time than Slam Dunk. Holy shit, first every match takes for-fucking-ever, and then it ends like that.

Even Berserk '97 had a more satisfying ending.

And then Inoue doesn't learn any lessons from his pacing problems in Slam Dunk and makes Vagabond just as slow. Except even slower because he's not releasing it anymore.

Fuck this guy.

They didn't lose the match offscreen in Rookies.

The last game in the manga was vs. Megurogawa, and then they went on to win a couple more in Koshien and then lost. Maybe it showed it or like a page.

>and makes Vagabond just as slow. Except even slower because he's not releasing it anymore.
2 fucking years without Vagabond.

The farming arc was so atrocious that it doesn't hurt so much tho.

Ending it after the final confrontation between the MC and his best friend was alright in my book since that was the main point of the series. Unless you actually read adachi manga for the sports, in which case lol.

*for

Something similar happens in Hungry Heart Wild Striker by the author of Captain Tsubasa. The main team gets destroyed by the strongest team in the first time they go against them, next year they have a rematch in the semifinals and the protagonists end up losing again, although much more narrowly. The MC still gets scouted by pros afterwards and the series ends.

I thought it was pulled off great as well. Also, the moment where Rukawa and Sakuragi finally work together in that final match was just so satisfying I don't think anything else could've been better, except maybe a final scene where they are both playing together, but I'm fine with what we got.

Inoue was just emulating the real injury that ended a Celtics run to the NBA finals when Bird crashed into the Celtics bench and nearly snapped his spine.

Hungry Heart was absolute shit. Can't believe it's from the same author as Tsubasa.

Except that villain that was hyped up for like 40 chapters or something didn't get his match. The mirror of Sakuragi, except not kind. I could've liked the ending had that not happened.

>villain

big fat guy who broke some dudes arm and was shown being really disrespectful to everyone else on the court. You can call him whatever you want.

It was basically stated that his friend team was their only real obstacle left so i didn't mind that much.
On the other hand, ending the manga just about the final match between the MC and his rival is about to start was a real dick move.