Sonic

This is unironically one of the better anime movies out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk
youtube.com/watch?v=ehJAm6ACO5M&list=RDZK82EmKzXEk&index=2
rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/多田光裕/sonic-ova-ost-reconstruction/
mega.nz/#!gy53VbzJ
mega.nz/#!gy53VbzJ!86WuRcfcFrcjDj2PrSmPUwskcfPAa9dD7jG4M3-Oghw
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B4ptXncQl0K9fmVPWVB4TXRXaEVNVk56SVVYZ0NOcjFVNHhReUhIOGJ2VjZKWDVEcmJaWm8
youtube.com/watch?v=dTT2YYcPEmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The ending theme is so fucking catchy
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk

I like it a lot too.One of those oddities that feels like it shouldn't exist, let alone be as fun as it is.

It's the only good sonic anime.

It's really well done. It knows exactly what it is and excels in doing that. The soundtrack is also phenomenal. I had the ending song stuck in my head for years, even after I forgot where it came from.

This is correct.

>we could of have a full anime series of this
FUCK THIS TIMELINE!

I love the second half to this sound track
youtube.com/watch?v=ehJAm6ACO5M&list=RDZK82EmKzXEk&index=2

The OST really was great.

Who even owns the rights to this?

This is one of the two (2) good things that came out of this franchise.

This
Sonic Colors
Sonic Adventure 2

Your math is off

It's okay but I would have preferred Toei did this, using the same animation style they used for the Sonic CD cutscenes.

Also why did they make Knuckles fly in this OVA, when he clearly can only glide in the games?

Okay, so three.
SA2 is 85% crap.

Hey, this is one of my 10/10s. Good shit.

Chao gardens makes up more than 15% tho

>OVA
>Genesis + Mania
>parts of the Flynn comic (read: Eggman)
>parts of Adventure 2 (read: Chao Gardens)

>post 90s sonic

ON A SUNDAY, RIDING MY BIKE

Sonic COlor was complete garbage

Incorrect

I'd say around 50% desu, Knuckle's stages, big fat bat tats, the soundtrack as a whole as well as the cheesy storyline more than make up for all the other shit.

Knuckles stages were trash, Sonic and Shadow had the only good ones

STRANGE, ISN'T IT?!

Sonic and Shadow's stages are fucking boring, which is criminal when the very first level in the game, City Escape, is so fucking great.

Fuck, I love the first half and it gets stuck in my head multiple times a year.

I NOTICE, I NOTICE

The movie confused me as a kid, since it had a bunch of weird details I never heard from the games. What the fuck was the "Land of the Sky," or whatever? Why was there a human princess? Why did Knuckles wear a hat?

And it all acted like we should know this stuff as a given.

It was supposed to add something resembling a plot to the original three games IIRC.

Knuckles had a hat because it's a fucking awesome hat.

where can I get it?

The dub is literally just on YouTube. I've never watched the sub, but I'd assume there's a torrent somewhere.

The sub is probably much better but the dialogue in dub is engrained in my head at this point.

>dub
is it the same VAs as the animated series by DiC?

I don't believe so. Tails is pretty bad but Sonic is really good, albeit incredibly cheesy.

Yeah, but calling the Knuckles stages good is just plain retarded. They're notoriously bad and widely made fun of by anyone and everyone who played the fucking game.

Knuckles stages are just meh. Rouge's stages are almost all godawful though.

STRANGE isn't it

I wanted more honestly. The next best piece of Sonic animation next to SatAM.

>Sonic Colors
>Sonic Adventure 2
Into the trash you go nint0ddler

The good games are 1, 2, CD, 3K, Advance 1, Mania

You forgot AoStH.

Fuck, I want a longer Sonic OVA or even show in this style so badly. The song is fantastic as well.

One of the few dubs, alongside Yu Yu Hakusho and Cromartie, that I love.

SONIC TRIPLES BORN, THE THRONE AWAITS
A SEER WARNS OF A DEADLY FATE
GIVE UP YOUR CHILDREN, SEPARATE
BIDE YOUR TIME, LIE IN WAIT

Goddammit, I love fat Sonic so much.
Fuck that faker that took his place, he's nowhere as cute as the classic one.

>unironically
Ironically.

Sequel never ever because Sega no longer acknowledges it

top tier 90s house music

>This is unironically one of the better anime movies out there.
Hahaha, no.

>This is unironically one of the better anime movies based on a video game out there.
Absolutely agreed.

Overall, I'd say it's about average. Which is more than I can say about other adaptations.

Average compared to what?

I love him too.

SONIC UNDERGROUND
SONIC UNDERGROUND
THEY MADE A VOW THEY'RE MOTHER WILL BE FOUND

I messaged the composer for this and asked if he could just release the OST. He said that he had to "talk to someone about it", and then never replied. We were so close to having the OST, too.

Not sure, but I know that the shitstain Penders somehow owns "Knuckles wearing a safari hat" because copyright technicalities are stupid.

the reconstruction is pretty solid rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/多田光裕/sonic-ova-ost-reconstruction/ the land of the sky remake is fantastic.

Penders doesn't own the hat, Sega just isn't interested in acknowledging the OVA since it doesn't fit with the modern brand they got going on

No, it's an actual issue. It was brought up in the Sonic comic, one of the artists on Twitter talked about how they got around it by giving Knuckles fifty hats at once to include the cameo.

Ok, how the fuck did he manage that?

Penders? Just some fuckery with artists' copyright since he wrote a bunch of OC Donut Steels and he's more than happy to try and sue.

Maybe I'm just too old for this board but fuck you. Sonic the hedgehog 2, 3 & Knuckles were all great games.

Generations too. And now recently, Sonic Mania.

Other than that the series is overall pretty fucking awful.

I know that, but the hat is from the OVA. Sega owns that hat. How is he fucking with it?

I can upload the dvdrip to mega if you can't find it elsewhere. Only sub version though.

You're forgetting CD and Advance 1.

Possibly, never played those myself though.

3 & Knuckles was by far and away my personal favorite anyway.

please if you don't mind

Here you go
mega.nz/#!gy53VbzJ

Here's the key: !86WuRcfcFrcjDj2PrSmPUwskcfPAa9dD7jG4M3-Oghw

>human princess
Does this prove that Sonic 06 wasn't necessarily full of bad ideas, just executed poorly?

Those fucking puns on the cover what the fuck

And don't forget to fill the survey after watching some ads

You got a download for that? I may be retarded, but I see no link on that page.

I didn't add a key to be an asshole. I've just forgotten how to unlock links because I'm stupid.

Oh, wait. mega.nz/#!gy53VbzJ!86WuRcfcFrcjDj2PrSmPUwskcfPAa9dD7jG4M3-Oghw

oh yeah, sure, hold on...
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B4ptXncQl0K9fmVPWVB4TXRXaEVNVk56SVVYZ0NOcjFVNHhReUhIOGJ2VjZKWDVEcmJaWm8 here's the official link for the reconstruction.

I wish they hadn't shown Eggman's eyes off so much, I think his expressions tend to work best when it's just mouth and 'stache that do all the emoting.
Otherwise, he's far and away the best member of the cast, as usual. What a fucking godly character.

To nothing? Just average, mediocre. It's what you'd expect for anime for children to be. A goofy adventure with silly characters that annoy you. But music is pretty nice and animation is adequate.

>the land of the sky remake is fantastic.
Really? If anything, it just makes me appreciate the orginal more. youtube.com/watch?v=dTT2YYcPEmk

thanks!

thanks doc

>catch some tails
isn't tail slang for booty and isn't booty slang for buttocks and, in context, isn't the term a metonym for the entire process of sexual encounters???

THE CHILDREN GROW, LEARN WHAT'S RIGHT
LEADERS OF THE FREEDOM FIGHT
THEY SEEK THEIR MOTHER, SHE KNOWS THEY DO
IS IT TIME? IF ONLY SHE KNEW
WILL THE PROPHECY COME TRUE?

SONIC UNDERGROUND

SONIC UNDERGROUND

What's his name?
I mean, I'm willing to pay for the OST

She's a catgirl
But yes, 06's problem is a shitty script and a shitty "love" story,
Sara spends most of the movie being a brat and not having much to do with the plot until she tries to punch out Metal Sonic (and it's a comedic scene)

STRANGE ISN"T IT?!?!?!?

THEY MADE A VOW THEIR MOTHER WILL BE FOUND!

I long for my children, but I have to wait.
To act too soon could seal their fate.
SONIC UNDERGROUND

YOU MIGHT KNOW EVERYTHING I'M GOING TO DO

BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO HELP YOU BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO DO

Odd surely

Also, is Sonic X good? I never actually sat down to watch it, but playing Sonic Mania last week made me want to watch it for some reason.

It has it's moments.

It's not nearly as good as the SAT-AM, AoSTH, or even (dare I say it) Sonic Underground.

Sonic Adventure 1 was good, fuck all of you.

It was a huge wasted potential.