I don't seems to understand this series, can anyone explain?

I don't seems to understand this series, can anyone explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

laingame.net/index.html
laingame.net/index.php?id=83
fauux.neocities.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Growing through puberty SUCKS: the anime.

I honestly couldn't follow it either. Dropped it after 3 episodes.

isn't that Neon Genesis Evangelion?

a shame, you seemed an honest user

>muh deep subtext
Lain is garbage and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Honestly this.

She's a program made by the scientist that killed and uploaded himself to the wired
her purpose is to break down the wall between the digital and real world so that humanity can achieve immortality

read nick land

It's a subject worth revisiting.

>9 replies 8 posters so at least 1 person has posted twice in this thread
>Little over a minute apart
>both are wrong and wrong in the same way
I wonder what this could be

It's one of the series that you should more-so watch for the themes than the storyline, which you can obtain a general understanding of whether you comprehend what exactly is going on or not.

Lain is a good girl.

I liked the vibe and the aesthetics, but it was confusing as fuck, can barely remember anything at all apart from some trippy shit that went on once in a while. To be fair people probably talk about this anime this much only for muh depression & nihilism and muh cute and innocent anime grill.

should-be-directed-by-chris-cunningham - the animation

Lain is a God, probably made by somebody else who was friends with Masami, who, after understanding that, could do whatever the hell she wanted.
Masami killed himself so he could become a God as well but that didn't work out, not sure why.
His goal anyway was to become a God of both the wired and the real world, and to do that he developed a version of the wired protocol that would ideally merge with the real world, but the wired wasn't updated as he had planned so he couldn't become God right away.
People wanted to stop Lain from becoming a God, the knights and maybe other, and tried to kill her, but that went horribly wrong for them.
Lain's family was fake, so her mother and sister went p quick because they were only needed to give Lain a fairly normal family to mature a bit.
One Lain was original, one was made by the knights, and smug Lain was probably a byproduct of the original one.
in the end Lain realizes she's a God and she cares about her friends so she erases Masami and saves Alice.

Not sure why the girl kills herself in the beginning, maybe I should re-watch the thing.

The theme is basically the power of information, and being connected, and others being connected and doing nasty shit.
Surely doesn't seem that strange now with smartphones and the IoT but Lain aired 20 years ago, it was some seriously avant garde shit, very sci-fi and particular.

>all these people say this is good
>I don't like nor understand this
>well they must all be pretending to like it to sound smart

It's fight club era take on postmodernism. Lain is basically genre artifact, not a real person, thus she's not comprehensible by characters who are living within genre boundaries.

More accurate than expected. Sasuga landposter.

In terms of programming, she's a reflection class that can exctract meta information about language constructs in runtime compared to oldschool shitters who are basic strict oop classes. The whole work is basically big fuck off to c++ shitters who can't comprehend virtual machines and its toolset, and it is basically a .NET propaganda that somwhow worked

Essentially this.

Also I loved the club episode with the nano drug pill.

>, it was some seriously avant garde shit
it was pretty fucking common shit at this particular time with matrix as prime example

>Producer Ueda had to answer repeated queries about a statement made in an Animerica interview.[3][5][6] The controversial statement said Lain was "a sort of cultural war against American culture and the American sense of values we [Japan] adopted after World War II".[7] He later explained in numerous interviews that he created Lain with a set of values he took as distinctly Japanese; he hoped Americans would not understand the series as the Japanese would. This would lead to a "war of ideas" over the meaning of the anime, hopefully culminating in new communication between the two cultures. When he discovered that the American audience held the same views on the series as the Japanese, he was disappointed.[6]
Filthy gaijins, stop watching SEL NOW!

While you are at it, explain this to me too

Kek. Nationalists BTFO.

Wouldn't that be FLCL?

What happened to that guy anyways? Last I heard was the neuromancer thing.

Maybe he was forgotten, user.

It's shit if you're going in to it for the actual plot because it does a far better job when it's completely showing and not telling. You can glean your own interpretations of the themes and the underlying plot when it looks like a trippy, almost dystopian alternate universe to our own but as soon as they attempt to explain the Wired or Lain's alter-ego and the other shit going on, especially the dude who's put himself into the Wired, it loses a lot of the appeal since you're no longer able to ponder their circumstances and instead you're given this really convoluted and retarded story up front instead.

Babies first deepfag anime

>inb4 you're dumb
I spent about four years addicted to lain watching it almost every week. It's not hard to understand never was. Those nu epic lain posters just circlejerk images that have long been in most anons folders and spout dumb shit about it. Its an anime for pseuds is what I am getting at.

hurr you're dumb

lel

Remember when the nips actually cared about their western audience and sometimes even make their shows with us at least partially in mind?

I dropped it in the last episode.
I think i was getting it but now i forgot everything.

Watch Trigger shows, user.

>dropping literally anything in the last episode
Holy shit man

Let's all love lain

let's all love lain

I'm liking it so far. I like this kind of stream of consciousness stuff. Don't really care for the art though. Is this what people mean when they say CGI anime looks like shit?

>Don't really care for the art though
Yeah, it's definitely an acquired taste. I'm sure you'll grow to love it though.

let's all love bears

Tell me about Lain. Why does she wear the bear suit?

I hate anime where you don't know what the fuck is going on.

Maybe her butt hurts

It's just cyberpunk gnosticism. Scienstist dude/the demiurge tries to usurp the power of Lain of the Wired/Sophia. She counters by generating an aeon in the form of the girl named Lain, who gains wisdom and eventually regains her full divine power at the end of the series.

everything is a metaphor for the internet

How do I do that?

Lain is the opposite of nihilism
Anyone who thinks Lain is about nihilism is just projecting and you should ignore them

>Not sure why the girl kills herself in the beginning, maybe I should re-watch the thing
So she could become part of the wired.
> it was some seriously avant garde shit
It's only avant garde if you set aside all the Christianity, which was very important.

I dropped C³-bu after the last episode. What a massive shit taken on the rest of the show. Deleted that episode off my harddrive forever.

matrix and Lain are hardly about the same thing tho
yeah but how did she know what becoming part of the wired implied? how did she know it would be good and that she would be part of it if she killed herself?

>it was pretty fucking common shit at this particular time
Why can't we go back to the better days?

Play the game and read the manga
laingame.net/index.html
They explains most of the things

She was a girl with DID.

Why did they make lain so cute if they didn't want me to watch it?

Lain hasn't aged well

There are some moments where she doesn't look cute though.

Lain is the God of humanity. In each human a lain exists she is the conduit of the collective unconscious, eternally iterated and interpreted by each different person. How you see Lain is how you see life and yourself. Some time Lain appears to people and bullies them to suicide. To children she's a divine presence giving light out from behind the clouds.
After the development of the internet electronics developed extremely quickly and the wired, a psychological network was created (note the chip that hooks into your unconsciousness via pulses). GOD the programmer wanted to create something all powerful so he wrote a command AI called Lain.
Further inscensed by his research into the wired and inspired by research into quantum physics and 'psychic energy' in the KIDS project a human Lain was devised. KIDS proved perception could change reality, which, by extension meant that the wired was extremely powerful. The first Lain created didn't like this and killed herself becoming one with Lain Of The Wired. The second Lain endured and explored her new role, bolstered by seeing her own reflection and interpretation through others eyes.
Eventually she was completed and ascended beyond the wired to the Great Unconsciousness as the aggregate manifestation of human will and thought itself. She used perception to reset time and space to retcon her own origin story and now watches over humanity in the 'present day' and 'present time'

No no no, its animation is horrendous on purpose. It creates a dreamlike and cold atmosphere.

A PLANET OF PLAYTHINGS
WE DANCE ON THE STRINGS
OF POWERS WE CANNOT PERCEIVE

Post Lain nudes.

By coming to terms with yourself. As the show clearly displays, there are more Lain's than physical and Wired. There's the Ayyyyy. The one that teased the girl into suicide and the one fucking around in the kids video games. Each person sees 'Lain' differently. Lain is a personification of the human condition. Through loving Lain you love yourself and others. Lain is the best and the worst of us. Lain is our selfish desire and our eternal innocence.

Lain is not for nude.

I disagree. It has lo-fi vibes. It's very much chained to the period it was written in but not to its detriment. If it wasn't some obscure anime I'd say it was primed to be a period piece. It captures an emotional undertone and a cultural reaction to events of that time beautifully.

I don't seems to understand that hair, can anyone explain?

Weird ribbons were 'in' at the moment.

Gross.

Its bad and you have be autistic and/or a tranny to like it

>and/or a tranny
Fresh

I'm neither autistic nor a tranny though.

I get the autistic part but what's the connection with Lain and being a tranny?

Kami

Play the game baka
laingame.net/index.php?id=83

Someone knows what this page is about?
fauux.neocities.org/

Yes, it's about Lain but you can't enter unless somebody invites you. I am really interested though.

You sure you're not talking about Alien Nine?

I like it. beats watching another moe shit full of forced lolicon

>he doesn't know

will be a lain nendoroid?

To a young person it might look that way, but for me... it brings me back to a better time.

I help a newfriend out, you can't actually login. Its just there to fuck with people. The entire site is just fan service and some sweet music. Watch some cool gifs, find the hidden pages, fix the broken text, read that broken text, the end.

kek

Why did the distortions in Lain look so real and life-like? It's quite uncommon.

TOMATOES and season 2 never

Really? I was expecting something like that, but I didn't think it would actually be true. I used to browse that page a long time ago, but I will start browsing it more now. And if you are lying and you can actually login... At least I won't mind that much now.

If you're too stupid to figure it out to begin with you're not even worthy of being on this board. Fuck off

You should use the toilet more often. You will feel a lot less angry.

PRESENT DAY

from what?

The new net protocol created a artificial intelligence through the communal mind of the people. God made an appearance and questioned Main about what's humanity, she transcends humanity and ascends to the net.

>find the hidden pages
I only know of lain and 404
Are there any other?