twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kill all teens

delete the catalog, force paged browsing

Less shitposting, more incest

Kanji captcha

>have only used the catalog for the last 6 years
W-what am I doing wrong?

>tfw we'll never return to being pure innocent cuties

rather than Sup Forums being a single community, people form these little general subreddits which are cut off from everyone else - the catalog reinforces this behaviour

Depends on how you are using it.
If you are only seeking out whatever anime you are most interested in then you miss out on a large part of Sup Forums. That's how the community segmented as people didn't come out of their generals anymore because they never even saw the other threads.
If you use it to open new threads as you see them and close them when you start thinking the topic is boring (because who cares about breasts of the wrong size?) or everybody is shitposting then you are still getting Sup Forums.

It's too late. The damage is done.

>tfw the face on the first panel is my face throughout all 4 panels

Make Sup Forums a yuri board!

Sup Forums is the new furry, except this time, furry won.

Until user can keep his political opinion dick in his pants and stick to talking about anime, I don't know if there is any hope.

>Implying Sup Forums isn't in the best state our of all board
I mean have you seen all the other fast boards

only way would be to remove all the cancer mods(all of them) and let Sup Forums slowly get back to doing fun stuff

I don't think Sup Forums counts as a fast board anymore.

That wasn't implied

Remove separate threads. All the topics on Sup Forums should just be one big nonstop thread.

Sup Forums is like the 7th "fastest" board, nowhere as fast as Sup Forums or Sup Forums tho.

Kanji captcha

now that's just silly

Almost as silly as kanji captcha.

Enact Human Instrumentality

Blame Sup Forums for making Sup Forums more known to the mainstream.

Agreed

Get the normalfags off Sup Forums and it'll repair itself.

Sounds like a solid idea for /jp/ though

We're past peak-Sup Forums. Their activity has notably decreased. At this point I'm considering going a bit easier on my report-anything-remotely-political policy.

Sup Forums is appropriately fast, though. We were only faster at the beginning. You know, when we were still Sup Forums.

The other boards simply rocketed way past the speeds of old Sup Forums but mostly at the cost of quality. Posting (lurking) culture completely abandoned, some board practically committed suicide like in the case of Sup Forums, others have forsaken anonymity (Sup Forums, Sup Forums).

But then it would be permanent fun, and there would be constant activity with no borders around.

>Get the normalfags off Sup Forums and it'll repair itself

And how do we do that? Start the ancient order of the No Homers?

All images get filtered to this

>fast meme replies
>flag shitposting
>samefagging 40 times in the thread
Sup Forums is the healthiest board.

Exterminate all frogposters, wojakposters, cuckposters, lmaoposters, etc; give every user their own Kukuri.

>All the time spent on Sup Forums will suddenly pay dividends as people unable to let go of their addiction will slowly drill kanji so hard they would make natives look like 5 year old kids in comparison.

I was really hoping for that other chan to become the new hotness and absorb all the cancer, but instead it just collapsed into nothing.

Most effective way would probably be to start a new imageboard, call it 4channel, and curate it to be very slightly edgy at all times, then do ads on Reddit.

Nothing. The only way to save Sup Forums would have to involve major changes to the way the site functions, but those changes would be rejected by the same people who who want to save it, because it'd go against "the spirit of Sup Forums" or some other stupid bullshit.

One step:
Ban phones.

get rid of anime

I get what you mean but catalog browsing is so convenient I just can't see myself going back to page browsing. Not to mention that the catalog eliminates the cancerous need to bump threads and makes it so slow threads have a better chance to survive.

Same but with the face on the last panel.

Why does Homer Glumplich get to stay?

That convenience has made us lazy and complacent. It's the kind of UI design which sounds good on paper but goes against the purpose of the site

More lain

Enforce "Creation date" ordering and use deep learning to assist mods

Wish her chan was a tad faster.

So, we should make Liko a mod?

Catalog has pros and cons.
From a purely imageboard perspective, though, it is an overall negative. Hordes of stuff that we fondly remember from back in the day was only possible thanks to the fact people had to scroll past the thread instead of seeing nothing but the OP itself.

so a """"""""""""sfw"""""""""""" /u/

Ban shounen and move all shounen discussion to a new board.

So in the last panel you're smiling happily but not saying anything?

The sticky wasn't enough: create /ag/.

That was nearly seven years ago. Christ.

Put a loli picture as a sticky. Normalfags hate lolis.

>Get the normalfags off Sup Forums and it'll repair itself
Its been pretty bad on Sup Forums lately. I've been seeing alot of blogposting not called out and even encouraged

This. The quality would go up instantly

No, normalfags are fine. They bring life into the crusty old circlejerks that have attached themselves on Sup Forums by challenging and being antagonistic to the old rigid structures.

What we must never forget when discussing how to "fix" Sup Forums is that many things we hold as ideals for Sup Forums simply come without real precedent in Sup Forums's history.
Sup Forums has always had its measure of blogposting.
I am not saying that we should permit blogging. I'm saying that we should maintain a realistic perspective.

It's no HomerS

Doesnt mean anything since Sup Forums became fucking shit thanks to the presidential election. A polished turd is still a turd.

Oh.

t. normalfag

By not having meta threads like this.

Correction: normalfags hate explicit lewd loli.
Normalfags have started (ironically?) liking lolis and spouting shit how they're not for lewd because they're scared of being called a pedophile.

Put a sticky with non-arbitrary rules

I don't really have any problems with Sup Forums, though I only use Sup Forums for like two hours a day.

The mods have repeatedly stated they don't want a sticky with rules in, but have they ever said why? I really don't see what problem it could possibly cause.

We had a chance with the sticky, but it was just for show. Generals continue to plague the board.

bring back holic

only she can cleanse this board

So people need to lurk to figure out the rules.
Encouraging lurking is always good.

>skipping the golden age between full-on Sup Forums shit on every board and 2011 when Sup Forums was a cohesive website and everyone was trying to find their proper niches amongst all of the media boards
Then everything took a dark turn as chad/sp/ and /r9k/ucks intermingled and polluted everything

They should encourage lurking and trying to figure out the FAQ and the rules by making every thread autosage, and the only way to bump a thread is to put some keyword in the options field that is randomly generated each day and put somewhere in the rules section.

Oh shit is that a fucking ghost

Back then people from /r9k/ were still calling themselves arcanines I believe.
I don't remember what Sup Forums used to call themselves, but then I never cared about sports.

The catalog also prevents people from reposting the same shit every 3 minutes, which causes individual threads to have more discussion than they did in the past as well as for them to last longer. Not all of these types of threads foster circlejerking and cancer.

/r9k/ stopped being Sup Forums-lite after a few weeks and just shifted towards being livejournalchan

It's not about what they called themselves, it's about the fact that they stopped being robots in favor of being faggots

I wouldn't make bumping too arcane, but I'd give every thread a maximum of 50 bumps.
You could have incredibly long threads if you paid attention that everybody was saging properly and only bumping when the thread was in danger of dying. And you could easily bump-kill a thread if you and other anons thought it didn't belong on Sup Forums.
It would be interesting.

the ghost of the greatest poster to have ever lived

Except it doesn't prevent that at all

The best choice is to remove the native catalogue so when people first join the site they browse as it was originally intended and get a feel for the culture of the site.
3rd party catalogue sites like neet will always exist and you graduate to that eventually.

1) Ban all mention of battle shounen
2) Ban anyone found to be a spic
3) Get mods who will actually delete bait threads
4) Ban anyone who mentions dubbed anime
5) Ban anyone who posts any image that isn't directly related to anime
6) Ban anyone who says anything to the effect of "anime is shit" or any other such ironic weeb Sup Forums trash shit
Problem solved.

>5) Ban anyone who posts any image that isn't directly related to anime
Well shit. Do you hate Sup Forums?

I'd like to disagree with any of your points but I actually can't.

twitter.com/holicisms

So in short, the Hiroyuki must find a group of superautists who will do nothing but moderate Sup Forums in nonstop shifts.

I would agree with this

Might as well just close Sup Forums as a whole and make it a closed forum of unironic weebs

excellent

Kill yourself.

>unironic weebs

I would start with banning this faggot.
I'm getting there.

Agree with this, though I'm still mad mods decided to delete sad panda threads from Sup Forums, they were great for discussing comiket and finding new stuff, the ones on /h/ are shit.

What do you have against thread derailments? When people go off on a tangent and discuss how many tanks a bridge could actually carry.
If the weird bamboo-water plays actually drive away tigers.
How much the force of 1000 suns would accelerate the human body.
To me, such things are part of the quint-essential Sup Forums experience. We already have a rule against non-Sup Forums content. To crack down on it even more would kill whatever heart Sup Forums has left.

Ban mobile posters, people who used Sup Forums or Sup Forums in the past 24 hours, mobile posters.

I agree.

>5) Ban anyone who posts any image that isn't directly related to anime
Just don't include seiyuus on this and it's perfect

This. It's one thing if the OP is off-topic, but I see no harm in going off on a tangent, especially if the discussion was sparked from something that actually happened in the show.

Nothing inherently wrong with phone posting despite being much more widely used among nornalfags.

>less eye strains
>doesn't fuck up your sleep cycles as much as a desktop screen
>OLED is amazing for anime and manga

This

7) ban all mentions of fujoshit outside of the it's time thread
8) kill faux-general threads
9) ban streaming stamps and vlcsnaps
10) ban Sup Forumsfags and pseudo-anime threads
11) ban mobilefags
12) ban crossboarders
13) ban ERP
14) especially ban tripfags who tripfag when it's not necessary