Evangelion Sequel Theory

Alright I understand that the Rebuilt Evangelion movies are all but confirmed to be sequels to the TV show at this point. So in the Rebuild movies, is their "second impact" really just EoE's third impact, and that everyone's souls just reset to 15 years ago, making them think what just occurred was just the second impact? If so then at the end of EoE, what was the scene that transpired between Shinji and Asuka? If everyone's bodies just went back in time 15 years to create the time loop then how were those two on the beach? Before watching the movies I assumed it was just some Adam/Eve scenario.

Evangelion thread too I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/bAdUQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>X thread too I guess
Fuck off.

There was something called the curse of the eva they mentioned in 3.33 that made asuka stay 14. Maybe has to do something with that

What dies on the cross is not the representation of God. It is God himself. So what remains? We. We are condemned to freedom.

As a total newfag I don't have an opinion about your theory because I still don't understand Evangelion, so I just want to say that it's amazing how people are still talking about Eva despite how old it is.

>world ends
>hurr we'll get a sequel gaiz

Nothing is stronger than the shekel. Even Christ himself was condemned by the Jews.

Eva is unironically among the best anime ever made.

reminder that Evangelion's animators had too much fun

Isn't she a beauty!

And it could have been such a good thread.

>implying there has ever been a good eva thread in 10 years

>it's amazing how people are still talking about Eva despite how old it is
I'd rather call it "sad" but sure, why not "amazing".

We have great threads when it's clean of Asuka and Kaworu fans.

The manga ends with the entire creation repeating itself, from before the Devonian to Shinji reborn.

you're forgetting M*rifags

Why sad? It's a testament to how deep and engaging the show is. Sure, some of the discussion is waifu wars and other kinds of nonsense, but a lot of it is interesting discussion.

Are there any Marifags? She's a minor character with pretty almost zero backstory, plot development and personality.

Evageeks is retarded. Yes, loop theory is dumb, but not for the reasons Evageeks peddles.

In fact, arguably hating on the loop theory for in-universe reasons is actually dumber than arguing for it.

she got a backstory in the manga, I think?

Not even that. Sadamoto says it has no relevance to Rebuild or even the manga.

It's literally peddling lesbian fanservice.

There is. Apparently she was acquainted with Yui Ayanami or something? But that's all of it I think. She's just there because she's cute.

There's no loops. There's no rats in the walls. Rebuild is purely a product, and nothing else. You could also say it's a pure product, something that only exists to be consumed, with almost zero artistic or philosophical aspiration.

Still wrong.

The Rebuilt movies just felt odd for some reason.

I really didn't get the same feeling as with the original series.

Also the third movies was a shitshow

It's because they aren't really trying to tell a story.

The majority of the writers, and the writers that have power now, are Asuka fans that are bitter because Rei was more popular than Asuka. Rebuild is explained in full by viewing it as Anno and pals rewriting Evangelion to displace Rei's character and hype Asuka.

Pick any character change or mystery, and that explains it.

It came off as fake, as if the characters were just empty shells. Or like the dialogue and script were made by an AI.

I think it partly comes from the fact that Sagisu's compositions for the original series were outstanding, but that what he's been doing lately ("muh choirs and guitar riffs") isn't nearly as moving as his earlier work.
For me, music was a big part of NGE's atmosphere and overall appeal (tracks like Rei II, Hedgehog's Dilemma, Borderline Case or Separation Anxiety), and what Sagisu did for the Rebuilds just doesn't feel the same.

I thought Sagisu's work for 3.0 was god-tier

Why did unit-02 have 4 eyes?
they're supposed to be clones of adam so why does she have those eyes and teeth? sme thing with unit-00

Angels/demons are sometimes described with 4 eyes, at least the humanoid ones.
I have no idea if it comes from the bible itself or if it's simply adapted from art.
Also the animation in that scene is incredible. You can almost feel and smell all the pain the eva is going through.

As good as what he did for EoE?
Just listening to Heisoku no Kakuda hits me harder than the entire Rebuild franchise.

Rebuild Soundtrack fits Rebuild. All furcoat and no knickers. Doesn't mean it does not have really cool pieces like "In my Spirit" or "Carnage", but it's overblown and empty in general. It's nihon Two Steps from Hell.

Because it looks cool.
t. Anno

That seems to be his answer for a great many things

Yeah, visual symbolism in Eva for the most part isn't deep at all, it just adds to the ambience.

Depends. Things like Gendo carrying the cross or Shinji's repressed memories are 100% intentional.

>Shinji's repressed memories
I don't remember that

Episode 2 has a lot of shots after Shinji wakes up that mirror what happened prior.
>Misato grabbing him the exact same way the angel does
>PenĀ²'s judgmental green eyes and Unit-01's eyes matching up
And I know there's a third one I'm forgetting.

I always had a theory that the reason Shinji choked her was because in instrumentality he was able to tell that she was into choke play and her caressing him was her showing pleasure in his attempt at pleasing her fetish

People that don't understand it is a sequel are possibly retarded. Since plenty of evidence is given. Also stop using the term "loop theory" it isn't the same thing as saying it is just a direct sequel and is being used to discredit the sequel theory.
Also EVAgeeks and other such wiki and forums are cancer. Any site that says they unanimously excludes a fan theory with lots of evidence because tl:dr "i don't like it!" Is autism.

see and also

It's almost 100% a time loop. Doesn't make it any less shit.

>displace rei and hype asuka

tfw Rei has way more of a character arc in 1.0 and 2.0 than Asuka gets at all

tfw Asuka has pretty much every ounce of her character stripped way in the Rebuilds and is now legitimately just a tsundere

Is there any reason to watch the Rebuilds? The show was fine to me.

I know there is evidence,but..... maybe Mr Dungeon Master Anno is playing with us. And all the sequel references are just there for trolling

Possibly. Mainly i'm just saying there are lots of possibilities and theories with evidence shouldn't be dismissed.
I'm hoping theres an explanatory book in the future that explains the mysterys of the setting. Possibly 4.44 is going to drop the answers and why its being delayed.

Not one person who worked on NGE knows or cares.
They don't know about the technicalities of immortal rei, or the elder races, or the Dirac Sea, or any of this bullshit the show mentions one single time at most. It's a story about having a hard time relating with people and growing up. And nerds miss the point and write fanfiction about the show's worst plot devices.

Yeah but thats wrong. Theres definately logic to all of it. Its just 2deep4u.
See Rei is easy to get your head around, elder races don't exist as far the anime has shown they could exist but theres is no solid reference to them.
Dirac seas are mentioned so many times they are not a one off.

If you got into anime by watching One Punch Man or something and you think shitty glossy CGI making action scenes "way more awesomer" is more important than storyboarding, directing, tension, emotional resonance and boring stuff like that
then yes, otherwise no.

Because it's more Eva? It's beautifully animated, and even though I don't think the Rebuilds are as good as the original series, they're enjoyable. If anything just watch 'You Are (Not) Alone' because it's essentially the first 6 episodes with better animation. If you like Neon Genesis Evangelion and have time, there is no reason for you not to watch at least the first film.

>people unironically believe this
Maybe that's why Robin offed himself. Poor fellow, he should have had a drink and slept on it

So I started making panoramas out of some of the panning shots, I'll dump what I have.

Let me know if there's any good ones I missed!

These are nice

Thanks!

Goddamn this looks cool

Yeah, that's probably my favorite one after the Asuka boat one

Now onto the rebuilds

Ok.

Mari best girl

Did anyone think it was funny klks ending was a copy of EoE. It was almost like they were trying to explain Eva through that series.

That's all! I also mode an album of still frames from the really fast part of the OP. Nothing really exciting but this map of tokyo 3 was sort of hidden in there and I think it's cool.

imgur.com/gallery/bAdUQ

ayylien lmao

I never understood how Nerv hq ended up like that.
or near 3rd impact for that matter

Great work man
These threads are worth keeping around for occasional contributions like yours

Is it ded?

more than likely, doubt she could have survive being eaten alive then stabbed multiple times

How strong is Eva 13? I haven't watched the new rebuild.

Probably just as powerful as 01 but less agile and mobile

Strongest power level.

I don't think it's a timeloop, I think they literally rebuild everything back to the way it was, and people play out their lives, if only slightly different this time around.

Evangelion has become stale the right moment to release all the movies was like four years ago. Even the most obsessive fans become jaded if all the thing you do it's tease and imply and never finish the god damn movie.

I think it has something to do with the Geofront actually being the indentation of the Black Moon.

I have no idea though, but here's a comparison of Nerv HQ over time

If you like Gurren Lagann more than Eva, yes

This user gets it. Besides its outright shown to be the case in the manga.

After watching the series again, I'm starting to think that the rebuilds were completely needless.

All they really add is Mari, who hurts the story by being a redundant Asuka and some sort of interesting post apocalypse scenario with Misato's flying fortress which hasn't really paid off yet.

I think it all should have ended with EoE. What have the rebuilds done that was worth while?

this, the BEST thing Anno could have done was just remaster the series using modern technology but keeping the story and episodes the same.
maybe add and change some things to suit a better 2015 like cell phones and what not.

Mari is obviously supposed to be another 2deep4u plot that people miss. Just look at all the weird things about her in the anime and the manga.

Mari is the daughter of Shinji.

So all you get is a truncated Eva that looks visually worse. That's even more pointless than the rebuilds desu

This is weak bait. But here's your (you).

If all the characters are essentialy defined by their relationship to Shinji, what is Mari's? She falls on him, tells him he smells good, then plays a submissive supporting role for Asuka in a handful of action scenes.

pic unrelated

Sauce on the pic?

nigger you can't be serious

I made it out of screen grabs from the scene where asuka goes crazy in EoE at 24m06. Here's what it looked like originally

I pulled all the frames from that scene and was able to arrange them into 7 different unique animations. I can post them if anyone is interested

Lets list all the interesting things about Mari (besides being shown to be friends with Yui in the manga)
Mari has an affinity for LCL. She loves the smell of it.
She is seen drinking bottles of a red liquid that looks like LCL
She can synchronise with any eva perfectly, only person shown to do that is Rei.
It is pretty obvious Mari isn't human.

Which manga are you talking about?