Estrogen Compounds in Plastics

Daily reminder to avoid the Polymer Jew

Hey Sup Forums, I work for a recycling company that deals mostly with industrial plastics, and so I was doing some digging today for the R&D dept. and came across some articles in passing you might find interesting. BPA is a false flag and was covered up big time and allowed the Polymer industry to cover up the most serious problem of BPA-free materials still filled to the brim with compounds similar or worse than BPA.

scientificamerican.com/article/just-how-harmful-are-bisphenol-a-plastics/
motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/tritan-certichem-eastman-bpa-free-plastic-safe/

"In March 2011, the Environmental Health Perspectives paper by Jordan and researchers from CertiChem and PlastiPure appeared online. They’d tested 455 store-bought food containers and storage products, including several made from Tritan. The results? Seventy-two percent leached synthetic estrogens. And every type of plastic commonly used in food packaging (polypropylene and polystyrene, for example) tested positive in some cases, which suggested there was no surefire way to avoid exposure."

We're fucked guys

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoestrogen
youtube.com/watch?v=od3NE0y3LkQ&t=937s
youtu.be/C8dfiDeJeDU
youtu.be/j3-cHMo1W8A
fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4063249/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222987/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2726844/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2873014/
staging-cleanlabelproject.kinsta.com/protein-powder/
livescience.com/47094-clomid-treat-low-testosterone.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Balance it out by not being a faggot.

"US regulators also have continued to ignore the mounting evidence linking BPA and similar chemicals to human disease, even as bans have cropped up around the world. Although more than 90 studies examining people with various levels of exposure suggest BPA affects humans much as it does animals, the FDA recently announced that its research “supports the safety of BPA” in food containers and packaging. And the EPA program that was supposed to screen some 80,000 chemicals for endocrine disruption hasn’t fully vetted a single substance. In 2010, the agency sought White House approval to add some endocrine-disrupting chemicals that are commonly found in plastic—among them BPA, phthalates, and a class of compounds known as PBDEs—to its “chemicals of concern” list because it found they “may present an unreasonable risk to human health.” This would have required chemical makers to share safety-testing data with federal regulators. The proposal languished until last September, when the EPA quietly withdrew it, along with a proposed rule requiring manufacturers to disclose safety data on chemicals in their products."

or, encourage more test production.

dafuq is synthetic estrogen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoestrogen
are you new here?

>tfw u end up a gay frog

Are the any materiald for any industry the leach testosterone?
Why is it always estrogrogen?
>i think i already know the answer
But still

You should not smoke camels, or really any other cigarette brand except for American spirit, or lucky strike if you can find some. They don't have additives like camel and the other do

i never knew that's why bpa was bad. jew environmental professors taught me that we get our unwanted estrogen from the water supply via pharmaceuticals in water supply.

thanks user, really interesting.
also, your link says that the one and only politician to fight against xenoestrogen is a Jewish Democrat, Diane Feinstein, so this pretty much destroy every single Sup Forums belief, am i right?

Well not really, the article is quite long but Jews are still gonna Jew, especially Feinstein. BPA was a red-herring/ manufactured problem so the kikes could divert everyone's attention away from all the other bullshit leeching compounds in thermoplastics. And it would line the pockets of the large companies who saw this coming and just had to slap on a sticker that said BPA free and all the plebs would eat it up. That way the problem is wrapped up in a little bow and all those soccer moms could stop whining and go back to attending PTA meetings.

lmfao. plastics like these in the OP also line some water treatment plants and pipes.

Or don't suck on an active burning fire?

>Avoid plastics
>Avoid processed foods
>Avoid non-natural soaps, deodorants, shampoos
>Still have to use the public water Jew

I'm not going to make it

so bush life is basically the only way to beat the die off

I posted the image but forgot to say why.
Guess what kind of industry experience the head legal consultant had on the Plastic Industry side of this lawsuit covered in the article?

Big Tobacco, and just like that industry, the legal team attempted to define a level of substantial proof that would be absurd for scientific studies to prove. And they weren't going to wait to get fucked by studies, so they sued other companies and also told the companies they supply to, when some of them got concerned, to not conduct studies on their materials :^)))) kthx pls

>used in pipes for water supply
so it would be like flint michigan only nationwide if not xenoestrogens etc

That's true though, it's just not the only place we get it from.

Yes? I mean PVC is widely used in plumbing and also when mixed with chemical compounds that make it softer used in sterile hospital products live IV tubes, catheters, IV bags etc.

plastic is basically frozen gasoline, best to avoid.

haven't had a thread on this in a while. people need to know just how bad it is.

Detergent is some of the worst of the lot.

agreed

not reading the article right now
has anyone quantified leach rates for materials we're commonly exposed to?

Sauce for the discerning

Just for anons who don't understand what this is measuring

"The human breast adenocarcinoma cell line MCF-7 (Michigan Cancer Foundation-7) has served for over 40 years as a standard model for in vitro cancer research as well as estrogen and progesterone receptor science4,5 and is one of the key cancer cell lines used as a model for investigation of processes that impact patient care6. Almost 23,000 articles using MCF-7 can be retrieved in PubMed; it is used for both basic and applied sciences such as oncologic mechanisms, characterization of drug effects, as well as endocrine disruption hazard assessment of chemicals. "

basically it's showing the prevalence of a marker this cell generates when exposed to estrogenic compounds. 15% is the threshold in this case to be classified a detectable EA (fucks up your endocrine system famalam)

So saline is salt water obv, and etOH is regular ethanol (aka booze for no one that passed chem), this is bad news because they didn't even encourage leeching via heat or UV or a acidic or basic substance that would not be found in consumer containers or bottles.

food wrap what the fuck so basically anything that isn't right from the woods or farm

Guess (((who))) was head of DuPont when they started supplying and massively pushing all those huge companies with PET bottles and other plastic containers for back in the 1970s?
Sup Forums, meet Irv Shapiro

supple soyboy titty bump

I miss old/pol/
I'd rather argue with commies and dumb tinfoilers than be posting alongside memeing children who think jews are just a le ebin funny maymay and only care about the comedy and edginess of certain political topic.

Back in the day we had a lot of stupid threads but we also had a lot of good constructive threads.

I mean for fucks sake we have a damn regular thread about the current sitting POTUS. If you did that back then or just insinuated that the election mattered AT ALL, you would have gotten laughed at and saged.

i am pissed about it too user but what this is another fact that is 90 percent of the population. you present them with damming evidence, but it doesn't matter because we're largely already affected.
it saddens me to think how different we would be if born 100 years ago, and i am not memeing. that's the world i miss

Everybody's on artificial hormones now, huh, really makes you think......

You do realize "estrogen" is just a naming convention for certain chemicals right? It doesn't mean they have estradiol like effects. Phytoestrogens like soy for example do not have estradiol-like effects.

No shit Sherlock, why don't you look at the fucking studies that determine it fucks with your endocrine system, and not act like you're fucking enlightened.

youtube.com/watch?v=od3NE0y3LkQ&t=937s

The studies it doesn't have any effects on your endocrine system, which have generally larger sample sizes and have been replicated much more than studies which demonstrate the opposite*

Give me some sources son. Let's see.

youtu.be/C8dfiDeJeDU
youtu.be/j3-cHMo1W8A

>Dupont
>Shapiro
Son of a bitch. Ben's stance on hemp and cannabis makes much more sense now. He's guarding his paper and textile shekels

We're talking about plastics here, not soy. Unless Soy contains all the damn compounds that leech out of plastics the comparison is not applicable.

why did you post that?

fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/abstract

The estrogens in the water supply are xenoestrogens. The same logic applies.

guess the only thing left to do is injection of testosterone

so get on roids like a real man

/fit/

This is useful info, thanks user

xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens are different things you dip never mind they're also entire classifications of groups of compounds one of the major differences between the two is also that one happens to be naturally occurring and one is not.

HDPE is the only safe plastic
>prove me wrong

The molecular structures are obviously similar, two phenolic rings on a hydrocarbon structure of similar atomic distance. The qualitative structure activity relationship is obvious.

What kind of detergent?

The burden of proof is upon the one saying xenoestrogens have estradiol-like effects. I've demonstrated that not all estrogens have estradiol-like effects. Now it's upon you to demonstrate that the xenoestrogens in the water supply do, which I've seen no evidence for.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4063249/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222987/

boy

Naturally they'd be similar. The term estrogen is a classification for certain chemicals which share similar structures to estradiol. The issue is proving the xenoestrogens in the water supply have estradiol-like effects.

Here's something else for you to read buddypal
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2726844/

Hmm, okay.

Blame capitalism tho.

Yes I really try to avoid storing food in plastic bags or containers and haven’t ate “BPA free” canned food or any of that shit in years because that seemed to be the case, that other plastics just weren’t tested as much really and that’s the only reason everyone freaks out about BPA

my health has been great too

why don't you blow whistle? you could probably snag some great data
assuming you work for a polymer manufacturer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2873014/

Well no shit I'm blaming this Oligarchic Multi-cultural Shithole. People just want cheap sugar water to shove down their gullet and crappy plastic garbage that breaks and fills up our waterways.

The only person who could blow the whistle is someone at a very very large polymer company and even then they would have to have evidence that the company knows about health risks, but even if they did it wouldn't matter because as luck would have it, this is the FDA's job, and guess who's in bed with them on top of all the other corporate assholes that work for them. The system is fucked man, you're essentially telling me to just tell the gov back during the housing bubble to stop falsely classifying mortgage backed securities. glhf

my body has been fucking up bad since I've developed a shit diet the last two years from being on the road for work
i am pretty sure my thyroid is fucked up

Also I would advise you to take a look at what happened to the guy that decided to make a fuss about this in one of the articles in the OP. That's what happens to people that are a risk to profits of major companies.

There's bpa in a lot of protein shakes. Gotta research those if you're planning on working out, getting gains. Noticed the grass fed whey doesn't have much of it.

staging-cleanlabelproject.kinsta.com/protein-powder/

Which guy?

At the same time, Eastman laid plans to sue CertiChem and PlastiPure for false advertising. Expecting that Bittner would lash out after being served papers, the company launched a preemptive PR blitz. “By proactively promoting Tritan safety,” an internal memo noted, “it will put PlastiPure in a position to have to prove Eastman wrong.” The company also paid a scientist named Thomas Osimitz $10,000 to author a research paper on Tritan. While Osimitz was ostensibly working independently, Deyo, the Eastman toxicologist, micromanaged the process, from designing the study to writing the introduction. Deyo’s study design virtually guaranteed estrogenic activity wouldn’t be found. For example, he opted to use the hormone-insensitive Charles River Sprague Dawley lab rat. Rather than testing Tritan itself, he instructed Osimitz to test only some Tritan ingredients—TPP, the one that had raised red flags in the computer-modeling study, was not included. (The European Union has since classified the compound as a suspected endocrine disruptor.)

In June 2012, Osimitz’s paper—finding that Tritan was not estrogenic—appeared in Food and Chemical Toxicology, an industry-friendly journal. Its editor, A. Wallace Hayes, was previously vice president of biochemical and biobehavioral research at R.J. Reynolds, which led the attack against science linking secondhand smoke to human health problems.

Scientific journals generally require authors to disclose any conflicts of interest. But the Food and Chemical Toxicology article made no mention of Eastman’s role in the study. According to internal Eastman emails, the company was also aiming to hire Osimitz to author a second paper, again with “no…mention of Eastman.” As Deyo noted, “credibility is somewhat enhanced if it is not ‘Eastman’ authors.”

Once its own data had been published, Eastman set out to bury Bittner’s findings. In August 2012, the company sued CertiChem and PlastiPure, which it claimed were spreading false information about Tritan to generate demand for their own services. Eastman’s lawyers asked the judge to bar both firms from ever claiming Tritan was estrogenic—or saying that cell-based tests could detect estrogenic activity, even though scientists routinely use them for this purpose. For decades, scientists have relied on the same breast cancer cell line Bittner’s lab uses, MCF-7, to screen for estrogenic activity. According to UMass’ Vandenberg, these cells have proven “remarkably good at telling us if compounds found in plastics and personal care products mimic estrogen” and their “failure rates are minuscule.”

On July 15, 2013, Bittner squared off against Eastman at a federal courthouse in Austin. The company’s attorneys went in hard. Specifically, they claimed running a company that tested products for estrogenic activity, as well as one that helped companies find nonestrogenic alternatives, created a conflict of interest. (Bittner counters that he’s no more conflicted than a doctor who both diagnoses and treats patients.) But they didn’t directly challenge the validity of Bittner’s findings. Instead, they leaned on the questionable industry claim that tests based on human cells aren’t sufficient to establish estrogenic activity.

Eastman’s star witness, Chris Borgert, made the case that animal studies—which the industry had also fought to undermine—were a more telling indicator. But even they were not “in and of themselves” definitive. For the result to be relevant, the effects had to be demonstrated “in an animal, at least, and then on to humans.” There was no mention of the ethical and legal barriers to testing on humans. And the judge barred Bittner’s lawyers from mentioning Borgert’s tobacco industry ties, which Eastman argued were “prejudicial.” This left the jury ill-equipped to gauge his credibility.

>thinking you can fight (((them))) in court

Borgert’s testimony may have done less damage than other factors. Bittner’s lawyers struggled to explain the science to jurors, and Bittner grew testy on the stand. Welshons, who’d designed CertiChem’s tests, testified in a deposition—just as he’d told the NIH—that Bittner had misrepresented some data in a brochure. Bittner’s attorneys managed to block his testimony from being introduced. But, Bittner says, his attorneys balked at presenting key evidence, such as figures on CertiChem’s NIH funding, because it might have made Welshons’ testimony admissible. Bittner also maintains that his rift with vom Saal and Welshons made it difficult to recruit witnesses.

Still, several prominent scientists testified for CertiChem, including UC-Davis’ Michael Denison, who coinvented a widely used test for estrogenic activity using human ovarian cells. Denison testified that he’d tested 27 samples of Tritan for estrogenic activity using this method and registered positives across the board.

But the most remarkable data might have come from none other than Wade Welshons. In the run-up to the trial, the University of Missouri scientist, who expected to prove Bittner wrong, began testing Tritan products in his lab. To his surprise, he wound up confirming CertiChem’s findings. “It doesn’t matter what I think of them personally,” Welshons told me. “If they’re right, they’re right, and many of my objections no longer matter.”

Welshons’ findings never made it into court, however, and when the jurors returned their verdict in late July, they found against Bittner’s companies on counts of false advertising and unfair competition. They also concluded Tritan was not estrogenic. Their rationale, according to postverdict interviews, echoed Eastman’s claims that estrogenic activity could not be established solely through cell-based tests. In his final ruling, the judge also noted that the “jury was likely unimpressed with Dr. Bittner’s combative demeanor.” And he upbraided both sides for failing to explain the science in terms jurors could understand. In the end, he barred Bittner’s companies from ever talking about their Tritan findings, at least in a commercial setting. But he refused to stop the companies from asserting that their tests could detect synthetic estrogens.

The long legal battle has depleted CertiChem and PlastiPure’s coffers—”We’ve laid off half of our staff,” Usey told me. “It has pretty much crushed us”—and emboldened Eastman. After I began raising questions about Tritan, Rick W. Harrison, an attorney for the chemical giant, inadvertently copied me on an email about Eastman’s damage control strategy. “If this somehow gets picked up by mainstream media—Oprah or NY media—Eastman sends Lucian [Boldea, the vice president of Eastman’s specialty plastics division] or whoever on the show prepped with the verdict, order and judgment and express surprise and indignation that these issues are still being raised after three years of litigation,” he wrote. “The court/jury has spoken and spoken loudly.”

>The Jews cries out in pain as he stabs you in the back

Our systems fail us again and again and again and again guys. Whether it's health, politics, legal system....

yeah, ok
but how do we reverse the cuck damage?

After office hours bump

livescience.com/47094-clomid-treat-low-testosterone.html

Yep. Because if there is one thing all those systems agree on, it's that they don't give a rancid fuck about people at all

roids would be the answer if not for the shrinking nuts meme

just posted an article about it, but look up the testing of enclomiphene citrate on male test levels. It pretty much doubles them along with the fact that it doesn't reduce sperm count.

i drink a lot of water out if gallon jugs. am i constantly getting exposed?

Sup Forums if you don't have a wife and smoke Camels, you're basically a soy chugging libshit to me

see

>no surefire way to avoid exposure."
Yeah there is, it's called glass, ceramic, metal, home grown and organic food. Container switch is as fast as you can buy them, local organic food producers are expensive short term, and six months to a year transition for covnerting the bulk of your food to DIY.

unfortunately you still have the problem of the contamination of water and the environment after the plastic has been used, and on top of that PVC is used for water pipes as well. Whats bullshit about this is that companies are fully able to produce plastics without EA without any cost or quality loss to the product.

dupont should be providing treatment for anyone who wants it that has used their products (everyone)

If xenoestrogen leached from plastic containers would it show up using a tds tester? Would there be an increase in ppm (parts per million) if you stored distilled water in a plastic container?

Probably not. It's not a salt or a mineral.
I'm not a chemist though.