Freeza Arc>Saiyan Arc>Cell Arc>Majin Buu Arc

Freeza Arc>Saiyan Arc>Cell Arc>Majin Buu Arc.

You know it to be true.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GPbcn_lrQRc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cell > Freeza > Buu > Saiyan
Ribbon > Piccolo > 23 Budokai > 22 Budokai > Beginning > 21 Budokai
Baby > Dragons > Space > 17
Zamasu > Tournament of Power > Bills > Champa > Golden Freeza

I personally prefer Namek to Androids, but to each his own

Saiyan was the only good arc.

Namek was about Vegeta being an edgelord yet they wanted us to sympathize with him. Fuck the Namek arc.

Zamasu Arc>Freeza Arc>Saiyan Arc>Cell Arc>Majin Buu Arc.

You know it to be true.

21 Budokai > Beginning > Buu > 22 Budokai > Red Ribbon > Saiyan > Piccolo > Frieza > 23 Budokai > Cell

>Universe Survival > Majin Buu > all the rest
You know this to be true if you are a non-conformist.

Best setup:
Cell/Androids arc

Best Conclusion:
Namek arc

Best midstory:
Buu

this, Frieza had absolutely amazing buildup but everything around that was okay, and then the fight was great
the Androids were sick and Cell was super cool but then it devolved into wank
Buu had a million things going on and they were all interesting

>Best Conclusion:
>Namek arc
the end of the Freeza Arc absolutely falls apart. Completely. In every conceivable way. And bear in mind I'm referring to the manga as the anime changes a few of these. Goku demonstrates the ability to stabilize Freeza after he's been cut in half, and all it takes is firing a ki blast at him. It's a skill with no explanation, which is never seen again, but which should completely change how the Dragon World works. Kuririn is saved by having his soul transported to Earth, which makes exactly zero sense based on how death has been shown to work prior to this point. The conclusion of the arc is rushed through and handled entirely through narration boxes. The payoff to the whole reason they went to Namek in the first place is never seen. And that's probably because a third of the final chapter is used to set up that Freeza is still alive. Usually I like when the end of an arc sets up the next arc, but after such a long time with Freeza, we're allowed to believe he's dead for only two weeks before he oh-so-shockingly comes back again.

Upon reflection, the ending to the Freeza Arc is the worst ending in the series.

Buu had the best start AND ending.

Repost because I quoted the wrong guy

Buu arc was really fun. You could tell Toriyama had his creative juices flowing for that one.

Yeah I am referring to the anime with the listing. When you frame it like that it does seem like convenient writing, but overall I feel it was a much more satisfactory conclusion compared to the latter arcs. I don't watch Super but doesn't Goku use some kind of healing powers similar to what he did to Frieza? Interesting opinion nonetheless.

If you include the setup with the world tournament and Babidi, I found it incredibly boring. Ending comes down to a matter of tastes I guess.

Personally the actual conclusion of Namek sucked but the final fight was great, I love Frieza

Yup best final fight of Z imo.

>Bills

he never stops being absolutely terrifying, although second and third forms sucked

It's anticlimactic compered to Cell arc's Kamehameha vs Kamehameha struggle where everyone pitches in or the Spirit Bomb FINALLY working.

fuck off, the Cell finale sucked
don't get me wrong I love Gohan but he was best as Great Saiyaman

i think its safe to say every dragonball arc falls apart at some point

the show is just made to sell merch/in-app purchases

it was always that way. you had dragonball Z action figures right?

they write it to sell things and get people to talk about it online. they never tried to make a comprehensive story/universe

>fuck off, the Cell finale sucked
How about I don't and say you're an idiot who can't even make good arguments?

>Buu arc was really fun. You could tell Toriyama had his creative juices flowing for that one.
He just did not gave a single fuck anymore; you can tell how much he wanted to just be done with DB already. If you have access to manga, just compare the paneling of Buu arc and even Cell Games; Cell fight was full of huge spreads, while the last 3 volumes (basically from Gotenks' fight) have pages crammed full of small panels.

in the end it's just a beam struggle with lots of shots of people crying and Gohan having flashbacks and all the side characters that don't matter at all having panic attacks, I found it quite boring. Frieza was great fun to watch be a humongous douchebag supervillain playing with his food, then Goku beats the snot out of him.

small panels are more work than big spreads

>Am I fitting as an elitist, guys?

I've seen them. Still, it doesn't really change the fact that the Buu arc was the most creative out of them.

When I was younger I thought that Buu arc was the best, but later on my opinion has changed a lot and I pretty much have the same order as OP
Me as well, but Cell wasn't bad either

beam struggles are cooler then fist fights and Freeza's end was pathetic. Cell at least didn't behave like an idiot once Gohan became stronger then him.

>beam struggles are cooler then[sic] fist fights
you used the wrong then/than and you think beam struggles are cool
are you, perchance, mexican?

What hurt the Cell game's conclusion the most was Gohan needing Goku holding his hand to beat the big bad and him coming back as Super Perfect Cell with instant transmission. Too much convenient writing for me. If Gohan could redeem himself in the later arcs it'd probably hurt less but sadly that doesn't happen.

>Too much convenient writing for me.
All Dargon Ball has that, your biases prevent you from seeing that and allow you to draw stupid subjective lines in the sand.

Dlagon Bar

>Here the Ultra Divine Water, you can now beat Piccolo.
It's true.

I can take it when the plot doesn't take itself too seriously anymore (Buu), or when it isn't all too consequential. But the Cell arc did take itself relatively more seriously which makes his comeback jarring from a tonal standpoint.

The most convenient thing was Gohan suddenly becoming some sort of radical pacifist who did even want to raise a hand against Cell, while he had zero issues with fighing bad issues before in the story (except his first ever real combat against Nappa, where he was 4 years old and just afraid).

>when the plot doesn't take itself too seriously anymore (Buu)
Because killing off 99.9 % of humanity and blowning up the earth isn't serious at all.

Not really when all the main cast who's died before then are shown chilling in the afterlife. The tone was a lot more lighthearted then and people getting killed by the millions had no impact anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPbcn_lrQRc
Watch this and see what a convent plot device Goku was in the Namek arc and how he doesn't really belong here. It will open you're eyes.

>people getting killed by the millions had no impact anymore
And the slaughter of the Nameks did when they also all get brought back to life? BIAS.

Is your point being the dragonballs are a convenient plot device? Literally no one would argue about that, even the buu arc makes fun of it by making them near restrictionless.

>muh e-celebs
That faggot is completely wrong. The entire Saiyan and Freeza arcs were building up to Goku attaining Super Sayan status, and that's exactly what happened. How was that supposed to happen without Goku somehow involved?

Saiyan saga is literally just Raditz lands on Earth because apparently aliens are a thing???, he kidnaps Gohan and then Goku works with Piccolo to defeat him and Goku dies in the process, training montage/timeskip ensues, now we're fighting Nappa and Vegeta.

Honestly Saiyan saga has so little content that it just feels like build up for Freeza.

Part of the point of Frieza's fall was that he wasn't really a good fighter or anything. He lucked out with a massive power level and the moment someone could match or surpass it his image and prestige toppled like a house of cards. He died utterly humiliated, cut apart by his own attack, and begging like a little bitch. That was the whole point of his character.

Why did Gohan want a short hair Video? is he some sort of closet fanook?

You must be an idiot and/or mexican

And you must be a racist who's a bigger ignoramus and utter shit taste.

Switch Buu and Cell around and I agree

>Cell
>best anything
Cell was worse than GT

Gohan vs Cell is trash compared to Goku vs Freeza
And what the fuck are you talking about? Spirit Bomb? There was no Spirit Bomb in Cell Saga

>they never tried to make a comprehensive story/universe
Bullshit
DB had all that and a bag of chips

That water could kill you if you couldn't withstand it

>People that like Cell or the Android saga
History of Trunks is literally the only salvageable part from that arc.

How brain damaged/Hispanic do you have to be to put that arc above anything.
Like really what the fuck do you people like about that arc so much?
It's literally a clusterfuck made my Toriyama's editors with their epic last """true""" villain bullshit and time travle plot holes

Not even remotely comparable considering the circumstances
Only Dende could talk to the Dragon for one and the elder guru's health being bad meant that if he died soon the Dragon Balls would no longer be which added a lot of tension to the arc since there was only a limited time they could use them and they might not be able to revive their friends in time or wish for immortality(in Freeza's/Vegeta's case)

They were a convenient plot device in Cell and Buu saga only
In all the previous arcs(except Tournament ones) the plot was completely revolved around them with Namek saga being the last one to actually do that

Goku wasn't out of place at all
He was desperately needed when Gohan/Krillin/Vegeta were getting their shit pushed in by the Ginyu Force

>Namek was about Vegeta being an edgelord yet they wanted us to sympathize with him
t. dubfag
Kill yourself
The original japanese version never did that

Yeah but we knew Goku would be fine since they wouldn't establish a power up potion that just ends up killing him