youtube.com/watch?v=4l9mlSj9Mm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YES!

Her voice is perfect.

>Aoi Yuuki

She's going to steal this show.

>those fucking necks

People say they like her more than Mako so this gonna be good

she forces the MC to grow balls. It's glorious.
Tsundere done right.

She's such a great character. Just when you think that the manga was slowing down and nothing is happening the author threw her in and it got even better than it was before.

Best seiyuu for best girl. It's about fucking time for best girl to appear.

Man they jumped the shark with those necks.

Man, Chinatsu is fucking shit. She's super annoying and uncool.

Stop posting, Akira

>Aoi Yuuki
>frog is in the show
i am ok with this.

Can someone tell me why they exaggerated their necks like that when in the manga that isn't the case?

The only reason I can think of is that they want to accentuate the posture of dancers. But still, isn't it too much?

All I see are necks. It's like the neck is the face in this show. You're lucky to notice their eyes or something because the first thing that your perspective focuses on are those long necks.

Their necks look thicker than their thighs sometimes.

god chinatsu is so sexy.

>they want to accentuate the posture of dancers
You already answered yourself. Also the manga does exaggerate proportions to make a pose pop up, and to make the illusion of movement more dynamic.
However, manga is still, so you don't notice it in the same way. Blurry, messy lines, and distortions of body parts signify rapid motions in a still picture.
The anime followed suit, but they forgot that in anime the movement should actually be animated and not just rely on visual cues.

I'm rechecking the manga and I still stand by what I said that the necks in the manga aren't that long like in the show.

I will agree in the manga they are long as well, but not that long that it takes you out of what you see. The necks in the manga are like 25%-30% shorter than in the anime. Even in the pose pop-up moments.

Oh I agree that the choice in the anime is very weird. Obviously they want to emulate the mangaka's artstyle, but for some reason they decided to go with the long necks no matter what the scene, unlike in the original where exaggeration serves a very clear visual purpose only when needed.

i never read the manga and the necks in the anime don't bother me.
now what?

Akira is super lesbian for Chinatsu though.

You should read the manga.

I didn't notice the exaggerated necks in the previous arc. I thought they stopped doing them. Now they're back

i will.

I would've been fine with Yuri on Ice tier shitty rotoscoping if we got to see some actual dancing. This is a bit too literal of a manga adaptation in which I feel like they're literally just redrawing the manga and adding color and sound.

One of their staff didn't die for this just so it would look like a stills adaptation.

I love Chii-chan.

and this Chii-chan too.

HERE COMES BEST GIRL

this is gonna be great, and Gaju will become a bro, too

That's the thing, Akira will badmouth Chinatsu so no one want her as their partner then she can take Chinatsu for herself.

>latin hyodo

Official ranking right here.

Hongou>Chinatsu>Mako>Hyoudou's sweat>>>>>shit>>>>>>>Shizuku

End game right here lads.

>literally teared up upon seeing her

This.

His crush on Shizuku is pretty evident at least. Nobody can deny that.

>mfw this is legit the biggest hurdle for me
How do I get over it? I want to watch this show because it looks fun, but these fucking necks man.

Does Shizuku like him?

where's Tamaki

She can't resist the T.

It's really hard to say with her. Her personally seems to jump all over the place. Sometimes she's as detached as Hyoudou while other times she's constantly blushing like Mako. She has shown subtle signs like in that page where she's blushing and playing with her hair which is a big sign. The author is a female too so I'm sure she put that in there on purpose.

Just read the mango. The anime is absolutely nothing special, it doesn't even utilize music well.

She also pushed Hyoudo a bit when she noticed Tatara's gaze.

there's another medium that doesn't include this problem. just put on a nice dance music playlist and read the manga.

I thought the manga had the same art style. Thank you. I will read it.

>those fucking necks

it has but the necks aren't as absurdely long

Welcome to EB games

Will this get animated?

CHINATSU PLEASE STEP ON ME

Is there OST? That music feels like i want to dance.

Does Chinatsu like Tatara?

>classic tsundere
figure it out

I'm not that far yet she just appeared for me when a read the manga earlier.

why don't you read on instead of literally asking for spoilers

you faggot

I asked one question. Yes or no would suffice. Well you did answer it anyway.

The things I would do to that grabable ass.

this shot made me diamonds

Where is the second half of the anime going to end? I started reading the manga after the latest episode and it looks like Tatara does nothing but struggle with Chinatsu until and even through the latest tournament. Where would they feasibly end on a positive note?

Anime original ending.

>Where would they feasibly end on a positive note?
Why would they? They can just end it at the end of the first tournament they have together.

Need to make a webm of her step back from Tatara when the episode come out.

2/2 nah actually I have a feeling they're gonna end it here

What a flaccid ending.

Because their first tournament together ended like shit.

>disc sales absolutely abysmal
>no significant increases of manga sales

Too fucking late for her to appear. If Production I.G. was smart, they would pimp Chinatsu out on Megami or something

Is it? I've seen worse as far as anime endings go. Just make a montage on Tatara and everybody else renewing their determination to get better, and you're good.

The end of the Grandprix would be the worst place tot end the anime because it would make the main couple look like retards.

>All those stills
The dance theme is already niche as fuck, if the adaptation fails so hard at the most important aspect, it really isn't surprising. Thought I'd get to see the dances animated but in the end it's basically rereading the manga with music.

I want Chi-chan to sit on my face and wiggle her butt!

The next 12 weeks are going to be nothing but suffering. You might be saying Chinatsu breathed new life into the manga but they go back to basics and when they do attempt to do higher level dances, it's like watching them fumble through things Tatara should have already practiced with and against the older cast. At least the anime won't get to the camp because that was the worst part to sit through excluding the onsen scene.

>excluding the onsen scene
OVA fucking when

Stop posting, Shizuku.

That's why I respect Mappa a lot more than production IG. No matter how hard it was, they still tried to animate every single ice skating routine rather than take the easy route and put stills everywhere. Sure it didn't always look good, but at least they tried.
They should have simpliified the designs more too. Sure they're pretty and the final product looks good, sasuga IG, but all these muscles and face definition lines look like a pain to animate. Surely they could have animated more dance if they had simplified the designs and didn't try to replicate the line work of the manga.

Good I want to relive that shitty feeling when he was at rock bottom while all his friends were traveling, having fun, participating in tournaments while he's stuck in the studio deteriorating and Sengoku constantly away.

That's all you're going to be reliving since the anime won't get past that.

probably will end at the start of the metropolitan dance tournament. a good cliffhanger ending.

Is Chinatsu a gyaru?

end of the grand prix with announcement of 3rd cour (or theatrical release)

>scary pube guy
Hope has been restored.

>Pubes-kun voiced by Sakurai
>Chizuru by Mugi
>Akira by Madoka
Stop, I can only get so erect

she's LOEV

>anime original ending where Tatara beats Kugimiya in the dance grandprix

forgot my image

Akira's voice sounds so fucking annoying.

second most grating voice in the show

Aoi Yuuki is doing her job right then. Akira suppose to be a bitch.

Anime will probably have original ending though.

>that four-legged mystery

How long till Tatara dances the doggy-style again?

She dresses like one but is a virginal little nerd.
She's a basic highschool girl.

I'll just leave this here
youtube.com/watch?v=4l9mlSj9Mm0

>She dresses like one but is a virginal little nerd.
that is the hottest archetype

She's much more stereotypical than you think.

She's overcompensating because she used to be a tomboy.

She acts like a bitch because she's barely had any contact with males and is easily embarrassed.

Most of Sup Forums glorifies here because she's in constant spaghetti mode.

He'll need to gattai properly to beat Kugimiya

Will be interesting to get reacquainted with Edward Scissorhands in the anime again, now that we know his backstory.

Unlimited Neck Works.

He didn't learn a thing though until Chinatsu. I'd even say that his learning regressed since the Tenpei cup gave him bad habits.

But it's exactly what makes her into an entertaining character.
She's literally crying over Tatara because she can't figure out how to interact with him.
The dynamic and struggle of the two is fun to watch and see how they cope and come to like one another as dance partners.

Chinatsu's only struggle is the quest to ram more spaghetti in her pockets while MCs loins are exploding.

For me it's the next shot when she gets flustered and quickly shuffles away from him. That and fit Mako in latin getup.