Why do people pretend as if this is the next big shounen when it barely has half the audience of the respective big 3...

Why do people pretend as if this is the next big shounen when it barely has half the audience of the respective big 3? You searched for it on youtube, other than You say run, rarely any scene broke past the million views. On the other hand, things like AOT, SAO, HxH and OPM etc, while arguably overated, hit millions of views for each and every video on youtube. These anime clearly reached the level of popularity that Naruto once had, but somehow, anime fans in general are vocal about Bnha being part of this generation anime boom.

Just go search for any recent boruto scene on youtube, even a scene that's not even memorable had like 2 million views, while shit like Todoroki vs Deku still hasn't reached the million views. I know that Youtube is not exactly a good way to indicate the popularity of an anime, but for an anime known as the next big 3, surely normies would be all up and running watching Bnha vids on youtube. Honestly, compared to bnha, the anime i mentioned before (aside from hiatusxhiatus) are pretty much confirmed getting all their source material adapted completely. I just don't see bones continuing to adapt the show past S3.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvylATYr_6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>You searched for it on youtube,
No, I didn't. Stop lying.

bnha being the next big thing is a meme, it doesn't sell as many volumes as series like haikyuu, silver spoon or kuroro no basket and it's nowhere near prime naruto or even bleach

it'll be lucky to maintain 500000+ copies sold on average, l see it turning into another magi/toriko eventually

It's gonna be forgotten in a season or two, unless bones make another season

You say run's pretty dope. One of the goats in my list.

youtube.com/watch?v=cvylATYr_6M

I want art of a Noumu made from Shouji and Moonfish now.

Each of it's six arms is tipped with a mouth that is filled with branching, transforming Moonfish teeth.

Also the rest of it's body is encased in a gimp suit, resulting in it walking on the teeth growing from it's Arm Mouths.

>normies

That what they say last year, and the year before it

Shonen is on decline as population of every country gets older on the whole
You will NEVER get a naruto or one piece or dragon ball in their prime in terms of popularity again

Yes you will never get an animanga as popular as One Piece/Naruto again, but the reason you stated is only a minuscule reason

Why dont you share what you know then.

TV simply lost the monopoly it once had back in 90s-early 00s

>TV
You lost me.

The last shonen manga that had that kind of popularity was Death Note, and that shit is still popular now. SNK kinda drop the ball by not releasing S2 as quickly, so it's viewership kinda died down, it's still popular, just not as big as the big 3.

SAO is probably the only ongoing (assuming s3 gets released) show that's able to maintain it's big 3 level of popularity.

>to weeb for adult western normies
>to lewd for children western normies
> western teens to busy with gf

>normies

Oh thank god it isn't the next big thing then. I really like it so far.

That's the thing, Haikyuu and Kuroko had better DVD/Bluray and Manga Sales, and it's still nowhere near Naruto/One Piece. But for some reason, Bnha is deemed by alot of anime fans to be the next big thing? Fuck off.

If we go by manga sales alone SNK still managed to maintain a relatively high level of popularity compared to other series that came and went.

That's why i said it's still popular, just that it's not as big as it was during season 1. Normalfags everywhere in my school, were talking about it as if they were discussing the next episode of Games of thrones. It was that big.

What's so hard to understand? A huge chunck of the so called big 3 or DB/OP/Naruto's popularity was generated by their respective anime, still true for nearly all series nowadays. Those series could get as huge as they are now simply because back then TV was the dominating entertainment medium. Starting around late '00s until
now, smartphone, tablet, and laptop made their way to almost all household, now they have multiple source of entertainment thus the effectiveness of anime drops, and adding to that the rise of digital publishing and streaming, it's hardly a surprise no series could match up with past series' popularity

>this thread again
>still assblasted
Please never stop making threads, i kek internally with every one of them

SNK was a genuine hit though and that was 4 years ago

it also had a somehow unique premise and wasn't just capeshit naruto

Too bad the premise went to shit almost immediately, its the only reason it got popular too, >muh serious and violent anime is back!
Im surprised how many idiots didnt drop it long ago because its fucking shit

>Those series could get as huge as they are now simply because back then TV was the dominating entertainment medium.
Why is that?
Why can anime not be watched via internet broadcast?
You make some grand, sweeping assumptions and then you treat them as common sense.

Who the fuck care about sales beside Sup Forums ?
Who the fuck use sales as a point beside Sup Forums and retards ?

I swear to god, sometime i wonder how the majority of you think.
No one cares if their lovely shonen is selling bazillon copies for fuck sake they're watching it because they like it.

>facebook filename
Sometimes I wonder where you faggots come from.

Go away underage phoneposter

>it also had a somehow unique premise and wasn't just capeshit naruto
Yeah it had steampunk claymore instead

Because jump ratings. Nobody cares about your shitty cartoons, it's a manga. And people judge manga's popularity by ratings and volume sells. It was rated 2nd in WSJ prior current arc so that's why.
Jp manga & anime market >>> worldwide market. Nobody cares about ur yt views.
And yes it's crap as well as hxh, but it's popular.
And WSJ manga adaptations were never good. Be thankful it's not toei low-budget shit (but they would adapt everything because of nonexistent budgets and infinite margins).

Not assblasted, I just genuinely wonder why people claim it's the next big thing when it's not as big as SNK, much less fucking Naruto/One Piece. It's manga sales barely got any boost from the anime, compared to say, 7DS and Magi (look what happen to that manga now). It's dvd sales is shit and it's tv rating is sub par for the time slot it got, but somehow fans are so sure bones are gonna adapt the entirety of the manga.

I'm just concerned as a fan as to how big the show actually is.

Nice counterpoint you faggots, you got me good !

>Yes you will never get an animanga as popular as One Piece/Naruto again, but the reason you stated is only a minuscule reason
I'd say one piece will be replaced with something else once it ends/Oda kicks the bucket. Maybe it'll take a year after the series ends or maybe it'll take a decade but japan will definitely find something else to latch onto like OP and dragonball if they're not nuked into oblivion during the third world war.

Dude, it's manga sales is nothing to write home about. Magi sold close to a million on average vol when it's anime was still around but inspite all of that it's s3 is still nowhere to be found.

Now, even the manga sales pummeled.

It's well known most of adaptations are made to advertise the original. So what?
Even scanlators dropped magi. It's not because it doesn't get an adaptation. It's because it got boring. Also magi's adaptation was never as of infinite low-budget crap like generic toei 1:1 chapter adaptations, they need material to make another season. While prior they didn't have enough material, now manga is clearly approaches it's ending. Yes the gap between seasons is quite large, but it's not like franchise was abandoned and there was no content to keep audience interested. They adapted sinbad after all. I think they will adapt everything else once it's finished.
Personally I couldn't care less about manga's popularity as long as it doesn't get axed. Maybe you think toei adaptations are good for advertizing, but that's not true. They are so shitty they can actually kill the source (as happened to Toriko). It didn't happen to WT but that's because WT is awesome. It was close though.

Why do you put the subject in the name field?

>SNK was a genuine hit though and that was 4 years ago
Yes, except like we're saying in this thread it sort of died off a little because of the gap between seasons. If SnK had been an ongoing anime like the Big 3, it might have kept that popularity or at least it would have gone down slower

uh, you totally missed the point. I never even talk about toei. Nevermind.

Well, I fucked up.

thats the point

That's a bad point.

Because the anime industry is ass backwards and cannot adapt to the internet.

Are you telling me they have no legal anime streaming services?

No they're run by a bunch of old fags who can barely reproduce, let alone figure out how to competently fund and go about internet original series.

>internet original
Who cares about that?
You are implying that their curent tv program is unavailable on modern media. That's a completely different matter.

It's shackled by the restraints of airing on tv and tv execs and ratings and so on.

Either you go out and say that you don't know or you stop talking irrelevant bullshit.
Being aired on TV is not a shackle.

I dot care about the characters anymore, I want to know more about the world they live in. Are there multiple nations? Do they fight wars with supers as soldiers? What do the non super humans do?

>Why do people pretend as if this is the next big shounen
Easy, because Shueisha says it is. Look at the size of Deku.

its a fairly new thing. And its not getting pushed like titan was by a bunch of retarded faggots.

give hero academy another few years and it'll be just like bleach/naruto.

>steampunk claymore
l wouldn't want to worry you but l'm afraid there's a high probability you're clinically retarded

>bnha fandom
>not a bunch of retarded faggots
what did he mean by this

What?

>Bleach, One Piece, Naruto already hitting high popularity levels by chapter 200 to 250
>BNHA on chapter 150, still 'the next big thing!!!'
>outsold by twenty other series lacking jump's shameless marketing
also
>3 years
>new

Snkfags are insufferable

>Who the fuck care about sales beside Sup Forums ?
A lot

l don't even think it's god, but fact remains it sold a million copies per volume even before the anime

bnha can't even get to that level even after two anime seasons

>we are making no money off this series
>this is a profitable business venture
you're an idiot.

>And WSJ manga adaptations were never good
HxH(2011&99) and FMA had good adaptation

exactly. it had widespread appeal in the form of easily recognisable characters, a plotline that wasn't too broken and lent itself to speculation which is always good for fan interest, nice animation and fight scenes.
on the other hand you have bnha, a clusterfuck of poorly developed characters and characterisation.

Why are you talking about toei?

>its not getting pushed like titan was by a bunch of retarded faggots.
Yes it is

>FMA
>WSJ

50 chapters is a 1 year difference, so it's not that insignificant.
How did the other series fare at chapter 150? Honest question because I don't keep track.

Snk jumped the shark at pic related

Nevermind, what about HxH

It's hardly selling +600,000 even tho S2 is airing.
I expect it to not even reach 500,000 copies after S2. just the way it was before.
I wonder if Neverland would outsale it in the future

SnK jumped the shark when it went from 'humanity being bugs against crazy new predator of humanity' to 'Flesh mechs'

I didn't care about pic related much, what hurt me the most is that it has been thousands of years and people within the wall didn;t even evolve a bit bar the whole weapon thing, you'd think humans would figure out a way around the titans if they're given millenniums o think about it, we're not THAt stupid of a creature come on now.

it's only been a hundred years not thousands

my memory is the worst but my point still stands

big three means db/op/naruto?
i always thought it was bleach/op/naruto
i had no idea

No, this is where the series jumped the shark

It is infact bleach / op / naruto. user fucked up.

The ones in control didn't want to leave the walls.

>Bleachfags thinking they were ever relevant.

bleach was in soul society arc, basically close to the peak of its popularity and quality.
one piece was in the alabasta arc, and well on its own as a standalone title
naruto was in the rescuing sasuke arc.
the motif is that these 3 series are very well developed at the 200 chapter mark. we understood the main characters. we have an established cast. we have an established plot point.
bnha has nothing. the cast is so big that character turnover rate is insane. we have no idea which characters we'll see in the next arc, which will get sidelined to give exposition for another. the pacing is horrendous, its been 3 years and we're still within very basic plot points that should have been encapsulated within the first 100.

>Now, even the manga sales pummeled.
[citation needed]

>what hurt me the most is that it has been thousands of years and people within the wall didn;t even evolve a bit bar the whole weapon thing,

How far are you into the manga? It looks like you missed some plot points. Use some sense and figure out why they are underdeveloped.

it was the 8th best selling series in japan in 2014 and fell to 20th in 2015 and 2016

No it doesn't, it was explained in the manga why technology and science couldn't evolve

It was the 6th in terms sales from Nov. 2016 to May 2017. Vol. 14 greatly performing than the previous volumes is a large factor.

>why they are underdeveloped
Some massive magic brainwashing, it was terrible.

what happend in vol 14? dropped the manga years ago

Start of the current arc. It performing amazingly well surprised me though cause the arc is, or was, very slow for better or worse.

He was talking about magi

Fuck, can't believe I speedread a reply.

O
Don't pick it up, it's still garbage

BHA fanclub is very vocal about their mediocre shit imitating nurutu being even remotely close to be anywhere close to be it's successor.

BnH has got a long way to go if it wants to be memorable at all, It has the characters and setting to do it but hasn't achieved it yet.

>Arguing with BnHA fags

Might as well unironically argue with narutofags on a naruto forum.

I don't know, it Is still pretty new. Give the anime some years and we'll see if the masses pick it up

Aoyama school shooter arc when?

Top Quality arguments from these knowledgable senpais

Who would want to argue with underage autists? Almost all BnHAfags are underage and shouldn't use this website to vent their autism, yet they do. Kindly fuck off to some dark forum of the internet.

I don't want it to be the next big thing because that would mean waiting decades for an ending.

Dude come on, it's way better than hxh. But you're right about everything else. Newfags here still think with a western mentality

l just checked and vol 14 isn't counted in first half 2017, what the fuck are you talking about

the first bnha volume is in 18th place with 563907 copies sold, not exactly groundbreaking

>narutards being defensive about their shitty show.
We should have never let you guys in.

No bully poor boy. He will be a Shining Knight. Which will win over the lovely hand of Mina Ashido.