Let's update this

Let's update this.
Starting with A-1: strawpoll.me/13956808

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13957106
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The plan is to update the picture with a minimum of 20 total votes. This number might changedepending on how active the thread or the poll is.

Welcome to Sup Forums. You are going to get Lazy Production and Uncreative with the following studios:
Madhouse
Production IG
Shaft
KyoAni
Sunrise
Gainax
DEEN
JC Staff
Trigger

Bump.

Xebec=Artland>IG>80s-90s Sunrise>DEEN>[all other shit, including KyoAni and Shaft]>Gonzo>modern Sunrise

This is as objective as it gets.

> DEEN>[all other shit]
what the fuck?

DEEN was involved in many exceptional works.

I do like KyoAni, Madhouse and ufotable. But MAPPA is my favorite studio at the moment.

Many exceptionally bad ones

13/26 votes. Majority wins.
Next up is Bones:
strawpoll.me/13957106

Seems like the thread is in motion. Minimum is still 20 votes for now.

Bump. I'll stop bumping for half an hour now to see how things go.

So why only these studios?

It's easier to do one studio at a time. Also it's a pain to make a survey with SurveyMonkey.

So why not just make a google survey

I was afraid people would say some things along the lines of privacy and shit. Turns out I'm just fucking stupid. Oh well, I'll see if the thread will die and probably will try this again in the next week or so.

This isnt Sup Forums, most people here probably run Chrome and arent even blocking inline and 3rd party scripts. As long as you dont have to login to take the poll I doubt people would have an issue with it.

This thread fucking sucks.

>Lazy
Why do people use this word so much? You can just criticize the quality of the artwork in an anime without making baseless assumptions of the people working on the production.

Where's MAPPA?

A1 are easily the most inconsistent studio.

They have provided some top tier shows but also put out some fucking disgraces and shows that needed 24 episodes but got 12.

Bones is objectively THE anime studio.

But user Gundam is saving anime with every new series

do diomedea next.

>A1
>top tier shows
All of their shows are decent though SSY was the only exception

Friendly reminder that Xebec, at least as pertains to their mecha offerings, has done some extremely good work and I guarantee fags here haven't seen most of it. They also have some crazy talented staff and ANY poll that ranks them beneath the top two tiers is invalid.

Newfag?

reminder to lurk more

>High production
>SHAFT

Are we living in the same universe?

Someone hasn't seen Rebellion. And Nisekoi may have been shit, but at least it looked gorgeous.

It seems that way if you have only seen a few Shaft shows. It took me a while to realize that a lot of their "artsy" animation and that weird texture compositing thing that they do just HAPPENS to also be really cheap to produce.

Rebellion is an exception, and a fucking movie, most SHAFT shows look like hot garbage.

>trigger
>Creative

>Their shows are cheap to produce
>But they have high production, believe me

What?

>Reading comprehension

Nah, that's what you implied. Sure their shows just so happen to look cheap because they are, but they have high production values because reasons.

No, the "just HAPPENS to" part is clearly sarcastic, taking into account what came before it.

You mean trash like Popotan or REC? That weren't artsy but looked awful either way?

go watch 3gatsu no lion

I did, and it didn't look that good, specially past the first cour.

That list is all wrong, what the hell is shaft doing in there?

No, "before it" as in "the words before "just HAPPENS" "

>SHAFT
>Creative

>leaving out the 4 free movies that came out over last year

>SHAFT
>High production

>Violet Evergarden
>2016

Unless that little "-" is supposed to mean "until whenever, who cares", in which case, what is even the point of that image?

This is what SHAFTshitters think quality production values look like.

Occultic Nine is shit.
Eromanga, Do I even need to explain why?
QUALITY code.
Your Lie in April.

>Kinoani
>Uncreative

They were actually shafting long before Shaft

Why is 'ambition' not considered a critical attribute?

Watch Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation and say this again.

Ambition in what sense? Most studios answer to a publisher, they're nothing more than puppets.

Madhouse don't adapt classic finished manga anymore

Mappa are literal trash.

Name 5 Kyoani TV shows that doesn't use a school setting. Creative people tend to switch up their settings.

If the studios are just puppets with no input of their own, why are we even ranking them?

>user doesn't know the difference between production value and creativity

Dragon Maid and 3-Gatsu are the only things on that list that aren't pure shit or pretentious crap.

>Sunrise
>uncreative
Sunrise originals are the best.

>shaft is making fate/extra
when did this happen

>Sunrise
>Mecha or idolshit

Yeah, Valvrape was great amirite?

Munto
The second raid
Clannad AS
Kyokai no kanata
Amagi
Dragon maid
Arguably Tamako as well, most of the show takes place in their neighborhood

>Kyoani
>highschool shit

I genuinely have no idea what shows besides Haikyuu!! Production I.G has animated in the last five years.

>AS

The first part of that still takes part in school.

>KnK

Loads of this was in school, they even had that shitty idol dance on the school rooftop.

They're doing Ballroom this season. But they generally took a toll in the past few years, too much Haikyuu shit probably.

>But-but-but

You got told, just get over it

It's like you missed psycho pass or something.

>Clannad AS
>Kyokai no kanata

They are still in school, literally in knk they chill in a school room.

Get outta here.

Not my fault you couldn't come up with 5 kyoani shows without a school setting.

>Maid Dragon
>Good

>They use the uniform so it's a school setting
That's not how it works, imbecile. They're not in school for the most part.

Stay mad Kyoanifag. They are the most laziest studios who can't go outside their safe space.

>the state of kyoani sales
Sometimes it feels like nips shun them.

>characters go to school
>characters hang around in school
>i-it's not school shit i swear!

Damage control

They make fap worthy harems but are really cheap about it

>They go to school so it must be a school setting
I guess shit like Bleach or Monogatari are set in school

Maidragon is literally the most popular show of the year in China, who cares if it didn't sell as good in Japan.

I'm sure all these Chinese folks bought a tons of BDs and didn't just pirate them to hell and back on their sekret clubs.

>compares an independent studio to contractor madhouse
Madhouse doesn't even have that high ammount of inhouse talent, they depend on talented freelancers for all their critical acclaimed shows.

It has top views of the year in the most popular legal china streaming site, bilibili.

Monogatari is

Bleach was and then spent majority of it's run outside with no connection to school.

KnK characters keep coming back to the school every episode.

>Saying monogatari is set in school just to try to win an internet argument.

You lost, just forget it and move on, lad.

Honest thoughts? I feel like their production value is inconsistent but most of their works are filled with love.

China is likely over 50% of all overseas income, a show being a hit in China helps.
Not that this changes anything for Kyoani since they don't sell the international rights for their shows.

Yet Kyonai adapts mediocre inhouse LN work that will be forgotten in a year.

If that's what independent leads to you as a studio then i'd rather they be corporate slaves.

Kyonai adapts mediocre inhouse LN work that will be forgotten in a year.
True.

>If that's what independent leads to you as a studio then i'd rather they be corporate slaves.
That's just Kyoani's problem. They have no good inhouse writers which are a rarity in the anime industry, so the only thing they can do is adapt mediocore manga/LN.
On the other hand I don't consider modern Madhouse better than Kyoani.

Madhouse is also going after the Moe audience.
Their next original is about a group of highschool girls visting the south pole.

Occultic;Nine, Eromanga-sensei and Your Lie in April were all well-produced.

Is that supposed to look bad?