Why/Zero

Why the fuck does everyone love this stupid shit?

Ufotable, Yuki Kajiura, has best servant, has the best version of Gil where he's actually a character, has the best version of Kirei where he's actually a character, has the best version of Kiritsugu where he's actually a character. People come from all over the world, not mostly secluded to one place which was very unrealistic even by anime standards. It felt more of a war than the generic teenage romance melodrama that was Stay Night.

Still, it's shit like every Fate related series

Its dark and mature

Because they haven't seen superior pic related

I'm not just talking about Zero, I'm talking all of Fate, why does everybody/anybody like Fate?

just chuunis being chuunis. Give them time, they all outgrow it

>has the best version of Kirei
yeah until heavens feel comes out

>has the best version of Gil

People self-insert as Kiritsugu.

Eh, heaven's feel was just as poorly written as the other routes. Back then I thought it was amazing just because of how edgy and grimdark it was compared to Saber's and Rin's stories but I was a dumb teen who hasn't read a single good novel back then. I think it's cool that the main heroine had something interesting going on for once but other than that there's not much to Heaven's Feel really.

Kirei as a whole in FSN is so one-dimensional compared to in F/Z where he gets genuine character development. Same with Gil. Gil is so fucking boring in Stay Night compared to him in Zero. Also plot armor has always been a thing in Fate but in Heaven's feel it's just insulting. Even when Shirou died they still found a body for him? so what the fuck was the point? And Kirei's fist just happened to stop one second before it hit Shirou? Just conveniently? Fuck Nasu and fuck his underaged pseudo-intellectual fanbase

Muvluv is the superior VN

I'd insert myself in... ok actually I'd rather not

Yeah people self-insert as the guy who lost his wife and kid, that also failed to accomplish his goal. Not the shonen teenager portrayed as a hero, surrounded by generic anime archetypes that he gets to fuck.

You mean the guy that has mental issues and gets killed if you pick the logical choices in the VN?

Honestly, I just enjoyed Kiritsugu wild ride. The guy was hilariously edge at all times. Like when he destroyed an entire hotel just to bully one guy. There was also the scene with Kotomine dry humping a tree to death which was pretty amazing. As well as Caster and his master's antics.

People self-insert into Kerry because he's intelligent nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor just like themselves. Also wears a REALLY cool trench coat just like them

That only makes him better for self-inserting as it allows people to say yeah I am so special, I am so different of everybody else and I do all this cool stuff that would kill them, but not me

KIMI TO

Memes aside, this is the real reason. Most plebs would just want to shoot and bomb the masters to cheat the Grail war and that's what he did.

I unironically self-insert as Shiki.

Zero was good. The rest of the stuff as far as anime has been pretty bad. I think the concept is interesting, and I like seeing the different servants. But execution on anything other than Zero has been bad and boring. I'm a filthy secondary though.

>But execution on anything other than Zero has been bad and boring

Goddamnit I make a thread asking why the whole series of Fate is loved for some reason, and everyone just takes it as me asking why people like the first one.

But why would anyone miss the chance to pledge his loyalty to the King?

>uses a fate/zero image
>subject is "Why/Zero"
>"Why does everyone love this shit?"
>
>"Why do people think I'm only talking about Fate/Zero?"

What would another season of
be like?

I feel like i'm reading a shitpost or a MAL review where someone misses the point of a character

because BROSKANDAR xDD!! and muh chivalry xD!

It's pretty boring and doesn't go as deep with its themes as fate/stay night. And now I'm enjoying Apocrypha way better than Zero, even with A1 shitty production.

>I'm enjoying Apocrypha
B-bait desu!

>why do people like what i don't like
It's always amusing to see these unironic threads.

Because of it's Lovecraftian influences.

Most people actually enjoyed this, it's just hated by the Fate community because it's become a gateway for secondaries to come into conversations thinking they know what the hell they're talking about.
A lot of zerofags also miss the point of kiritsugu when they say he's mature. The LN pretty clearly shows that he's even more immature than Shirou and his ideals are half baked

Shut your mouth unless you have something of substance to say

Bitch, please. Fate/Zero is Kafkaesque, not Lovecraftian.

>/a
>bateshit
>matureness as a concept

It's got pretty ladies, it's a fun romp with fantasy things happening in a modern city, and it's got pretty ladies. I like it but it is dumb.

>A lot of zerofags also miss the point of kiritsugu when they say he's mature

People are tired of cliches. "Average high school student" is the "farmboy" of animu. Kiritsugu may not be mature, but he is an adult, with an eight year old daughter and a wife, amongst a cast of adults.

90% of zerofags have seen less than 20 anime, they have not seen any cliches to be tired of.

>Fate/zero
>''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Adults''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

And yet he's still a manchild

"Only secondaries like zero" is a coping mechanism.

No one ever mentions the LN, even when discussing elements that are different in the source material.
Get real, most people haven't read it.

DUDE

A lot of them have read F/SN and have watched a lot of anime though.

They are still secondaries if they watched Zero but not read the source material. And you can't possibly know how much anime this fanbase has watched.

>the first one
You almost had me going there.

>you can't possibly know how much anime this fanbase has watched

You can do so pretty easily with MAL.

He clearly doesn't know anything about Fate or Type-Moon in general. He's not baiting, just ignorant.

>He think he is in Reddit
Go ahead, use MAL to look up how many anime I watched.
Fucking retard.

Beats me.
I used to like it when I was like 14 but I can't figure out why.
Fate is boring, ugly, and has a nonsensical plot.
Zero was retardedly edgy in that Urobochi Gen way.
Stay/Night was just stupid.
The Archer twist is one of the single dumbest things I have ever seen in an anime.

>But why would anyone miss the chance to pledge his loyalty to the King?
*(inset Monty Python joke her)

Do you even know what smug is?

Don't have to look up people on Sup Forums retard. Just go to MAL's Fate/Zero forum and look up how much anime someone's watched in their profile.

Monty Python is garbage and i bet your dumbass just laughs at it because your parents said it was funny.

I want to believe that TM threads aren't mostly secondaries now.

Do you?

>MAL forums

Do you even know what png is?

>Monty Python is awesome and I hate it because my parents like it. Fuck authority amiright Sup Forumsro's?

Yes, do you want me to teach you boy?

Please don't, I had a HDD failure last week and lost all reaction images, that is my last one

>your parents
I didn't vote for them.

Why so yellow Cubro?

If I had to guess I'd estimate less than 10% have read the FSN VN and less than 5% have read Tsukihime, and about half of everyone only likes/cares about the Dark and Mature Fate/Zero with some KnK on the side

Ah fuck you, you got me.

Honestly, the DEEN days were better.

I wonder how many people have read F/Z or KnK.

This is more type moon shit in general though, rather than just fate shit. Having to use it as an example of non-shit execution only really proves the point that fate is trash.

>Kirei as a whole in FSN is so one-dimensional compared to in F/Z where he gets genuine character development.

Poe's law. I can't tell if bait or just that stupid.

>Same with Gil. Gil is so fucking boring in Stay Night compared to him in Zero.

He's pretty much the same character in both just less trigger happy in Zero. The version of him with the most depth was Ko-Gil in HA

>Even when Shirou died they still found a body for him? so what the fuck was the point?

Do you seriously need this explained to you.

>And Kirei's fist just happened to stop one second before it hit Shirou? Just conveniently?

Were the entire mechanics and thematics of the fight completely lost on you

To be fair Gil in Zero does have a more interesting personality just by virtue of not being a mustache-twirling jobber

>this thread

Who are you quoting?

Nobody is telling you to stop liking your shitty erotic genderswap historical fanfiction.

That fight was one of the most disappointing things in Zero. They set this up at the finale of the first season after spending 6 episodes on Team Caster's Adventures in Fuyuki, and when it finally comes around what do they focus on? Tokiomi vs. Kariya for half the episode which had the depth of a puddle and could have taken place any other time. The only reason it was a threat was Saber had a forced handicap to build tension (that was later removed at the convenience of the script), Gil arbitrarily did not care about it, and none of the original servants could do anything (e.g. Gae Bolg or Bellerophon type NPs would have nuked it). And when all is said and done, the ultimate accomplishment of the whole thing is Team Caster dies. None of the characters/ alignments came out any differently than when they went in

It's a bit better in the LN cause there's no episode breaks messing with pacing but it's mostly the same.

>there are people claiming to appreciate Zero who haven't read the LN
On that note I wish the anime had included the scene where Gil speaks with Angra Mainyu

F/Z maybe 3-5%. Knk novels less than 1000 people in the U.S. (I know I haven't)

>Gae Bolg or Bellerophon type NPs would have nuked it
Secondary, pls. Those are anti-army NP, not anti-fortress.

literally better than 99% of anime

>calling your own post bait
Is that the bait?

If the Nanaya are so powerful how did Makihisa kill all of them?

As always, good digits are always wasted on stupid comments. If you can't refute what he's saying why call his statement a shitpost?

What makes him a manchild apart from the I want to be a super hero?

Because it's the only good entry in the franchise aside from Strange Fake.

Imagine being such a manchild that you think Zero is edgy because anything that doesn't have moe SoL plot and themes suited for under 14s is edgy.

With this absolute madman

>durr fortress type

They're massive energy blasts. All they need to do is pierce the outside flesh and hit the part Gilles is in, if they don't just turn it into sludge. You seriously think Thrown Gae Bolg couldn't do that? 4 shots of GoB destroyed 1/3 of the monster's mass. If Gilles was in that 1/3 the battle would have been over. Everyone else in Zero just had nothing to deal with it

Diarmuid: Spears offer no real chance, though he claim if he saw the book from 1/2 mile away he could hit it
Alex: Chariot is a trampling attack and IH is an army meant to fight other people
Lancelot: Everything he has is geared towards melee combat.
Hundred Faced Hassan: lol

Hell, Medea's concentrated beamspam stands a way better chance than any of them

>4 shots of GoB destroyed 1/3 of the monster's mass
Those were stated to be mountain piercing NPs
Medea has nowhere near that type of firepower.

>Thrown Gae Bolg
HAHAHAHAHAHA
It's a B+ piece of shit that barely produces an explosion the size of a small building.
As said, Gil needed several mountain-tier NPs to significantly hurt the faux Cthulhu.
And don't even get me started on Medea, her blasts are so weak that they can be deflected with fucking Kanshou & Bakuya.

Gae Bolg pierces the heart of the target. It doesn't need an explosion.

That's the thrust version, but it only has a range of 4 meters. Even if he was standing right on Cthulhu, Cu wouldn't be able to reach Gilles.

>Lol achaa this is true magik
>aaaaah help me kuzuki

Name a worse servant in this fucking series.

NAME IT NOW

I noticed a lot of you Zero and Stay night niggas try to downplay each other's series to make it seem like they're superior
What's up with that? Why can't you all just stop being faggots and enjoy the 2 only good things that ever came out of Fate

Nursery Rhyme.

I can't remember Cthulhu having any significant magic resistance, so the Rank does not matter as long as he hits him and even a small building explosion would reach the core.

Mr Lovecraft isn't tough at all, it just heals fast. It was effortlessly cut by invisible air and rider's sword

No, but almost all the useless Servants are female at least

I only like Zero, and for some extent, Strange Fake.

>I'm enjoying Apocrypha

That's true.

Medea, Medusa, Arthuria, that dumb fox from Extra are all females.