Eureka Seven Movies

Japan is outraged at the new movie series.

>Have to pay $20 for a ticket
>Movie is literally reused TV scenes from 12 years ago when it was advertised to be reanimated from scratch
>Newly animated scenes are only a couple of min in total
>Movie takes place in a parallel universe that changes the originally established setting which made the story worse. Shits on the original TV series.

BONES fucked up giving this shit more anime projects and should have made more DTB.

yaraon-blog.com/archives/113363

>yaraon

>BONES fucked up
tell me a single project they didn't fuck up somehow

Eureka has already had abhorrent movies before and an atrocious sequel nobody asked for.

Bones should never do second seasons.

Great.

And I was looking forward to this.

Could they have fucking remastered the original season anyway? Its fucking 480p

>Movie is literally reused TV scenes
>Movie takes place in a parallel universe that changes the originally established setting which made the story worse. Shits on the original TV series.
This sounds awfully familiar

Dtb S3 when?

It's not happening

New scenes are past the twenty minute mark in length but yes it's trash.

I thought the movie was a prequel.

Is anyone surprised?

The original series.
But yeah, despite E7 being one of my favorites, Bones can't make anything else good. What happened?

People who watched the screening at Otakon last month already confirmed the 1st movie is mostly recap. It still have 2 movies though.

You grew up and stopped being a child, still longing for that age when you could still be amazed by everything.

No, the moment they said that it was a parallel universe, it was bound to be trash.

Hi-Evo 2 preview pic

Why is Bones so determined to run all their successful works into the ground?

Goddamn, is this the worst case of "Everything in this franchise other than the original source sucks?"
>Shits on the original TV series.
AND WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS? I DON'T EVEN LIKE E7 THAT MUCH BUT I'VE GOT TO WONDER WHY DO YOU INTENTIONALLY SHIT ON YOUR ORIGINAL SERIES?

A bunch of old men hire a bunch of other old men to make stuff for young kids that was once quite popular. But old men don't know what is hip and in and cool and liked by the modern new kids.
So, the old men can only continue doing and making the same old thing and hope that there will be enough young kids liking the old stuff.

>Original manga has a depressing as fuck end almost laughing in the face of the optimistic ending of the anime
>The PS2 games are some nonsensical garbage
>Pocketful of Rainbows is some AU bullshit that has no reason to exist and shits on the original source
>Eureka Seven AO is some timey-wimey bullshit that could not keep it's plot together
>And now this

Bones, just because it was one of your biggest shows doesn't mean "keep making more of it". You had a good thing going and you keep fucking it up

That makes no sense. They wouldn't have a problem if they kept doing what they did in the originals. It's the sequels where they fuck up because they try to take everything in a totally different direction.

>The original series.
He said didn't fuck up
> Bones can't make anything else good
Wolf's Rain, Eureka 7, FMA, MHA. Snow White, Kurau, DtB. All better than E7

You do realize that the shitty ending to the original was a last minute decision right? Hence why it makes no damn sense

It's a yaraon article based on an article from "buzzplus" which sounds even more cancerous.

Yeah I have been seeing comparison shots for a while now showing this. Also isn't the grandfather character removed entirely?

>the shitty ending to the original was a last minute decision right?
It's the manga adaptation with the shitty ending I was talking about. Anime's ending was weird but, like I said, ultimately optimistic

>Eureka 7 better than Eureka 7
what did he mean by this

Good, maybe they will finally leave this series alone. The original ended fine. I have no clue why the keep on trying to redo it. Do nips hate happy endings or something?

He probably meant the Bones themselves can't come up with a good original anime anymore. The most recent ones in your post are all adaptions not original works.

Space Dandy was fine

so it is letterboxed?

>BONES fucked up
How often is this phrase used with Eureka Seven? Honestly I'd be surprised for them to not fuck it up.

>How often is this phrase used with Eureka Seven?

How many fucking continuities does E7 have at this point? Why does Bones keep resetting it or making new alternate retellings of it?

It means you're being trolled

>>Movie is literally reused TV scenes from 12 years ago when it was advertised to be reanimated from scratch

Nice bullshit buddy. Not only did they not advertise it that way, with basically all the trailers showing new widescreen footage and "old" 4:3 footage equally, they touched up and redrew the old animation a LOT. You can tell from the trailers alone how much they fixed them, pic related.

>>Newly animated scenes are only a couple of min in total

This is also blatantly false, most of the movie is the re-imagined recap but the new prequel part is a lot more than "a couple of minutes".

>The PS2 games are some nonsensical garbage
Just like the original

it's not gonna be that bad
nothing can possibly be that bad

Stop making recap movies

that looks like shit

I cant tell whats new and whats old.

Left is old, right is new

You're blind

>Trying to get away with making a reused footage movie AGAIN
Holy shit, fucking how

What exactly is their endgame with E7? Every single thing that they have done with the series after the original was fucking horrible. I mean I liked the show back when it came out, but I don't remember it being anything special. Why are they still trying to push it so hard 12 years later?

>You had a good thing going and you keep fucking it up
This is basically Bones' company philosophy. Brilliant right up to the point where they have to provide closure. Every fucking time.

Its just Kyoda he's been behind every subsequent installment since it ended

Because bones is sunrise's baby and they want to fuck up their tentpole mecha series just as badly as mommy did gundam

Recap movies are normal in Japan. Or at least, they were normal once.
In theory, they make sense. They condense a fucking long series to its essential, giving people who aren't fans yet the possibility to get on the same level as the the ones who watched almost all episodes, and the hardcore fans get to see all the cool moments again in even better quality.
The parts that the directors consider unnecessary are being removed.

The question is then more about if the director making the recap things is competent enough to recognize the good stuff or not.

No, Bones take the same story and just continuously rape it. At least Sunrise makes new Gundams instead of recycling 0079 and UC timeline again and a... oh wait, nevermind.

Gurren Lagann?

I think it’s horrid what they’re doing to the franchise but considering it’s my favorite series of all time, they’ll still get my attention and perhaps money if it comes West.

>>Movie takes place in a parallel universe that changes the originally established setting which made the story worse. Shits on the original TV series.
Soooo, that means AO is still canon?

Ao was merciful enough to retcon itseld out of canon at the end

>but considering it’s my favorite series of all time,
Get some taste faggot

How can Bones run Eureka 7 into the ground, but not make more Darker Than Black after two good seasons, an excellent OVA series, and a pretty good manga?

2nd season was shit

It was fine.The hate is overblown. The ending was weird, but the show itself was still fun.

The what

implying this thread isnt overblown

>Chibi The End

I have concerns.

It couldn't be worse than AO could it?

At least AO had the decency to retcon itself out of existence. Granted I don't see any of these retellings as canon anyway. E7 ended when the anime ended.

Let's wait for S2 first.

The first 20 minutes were worth going for alone. The rest was alright depending on how much you enjoyed the series. It follows the same emotional themes as the original but it gets muddled with a lot of incoherent editing and 4:3 style footage. A lot of people are not fond of using old 4:3 footage even if it's been redrawn. Especially when you try to recontext that footage as well.

>The first 20 minutes were worth going for alone.
No its not because nobody cares about what happened during the Summer of Love let alone watching a 90 minute movie for only 20 minutes of it is about the dumbest shit imaginable
>The rest was alright depending on how much you enjoyed the series. It follows the same emotional themes as the original
Except its missing 80% of the content and trying to construct a narrative based off one arc while ignoring everything else.

I don't get the notion that the original movie shits on the original TV series. The movie isolated itself as being part of a different canon in its own plot. It didn't try replacing the TV series, it even acknowledged it.

>stop liking what I don’t like
ok fag

>nobody cares
I didn't know you spoke on behalf of everyone. You're trying to imply that nobody enjoyed first 20 minutes of straight high budget mecha action. Not everyone watches movies for plot/characters.
>Except its missing 80% of the content
I'm guessing you forgot that this is ONE of THREE films. No shit you can't construct a full narrative from one arc. It's not trying to reconstruct the same narrative of the TV series.

They should just go back to DtB.

It's just so damn disappointing. Literally the only thing fans wanted from E7 after the original series was a short series or movie about the main cast and their children. Something fun at the very least.

What wasted potential we never once saw Holland's kid in any kind of sequel/AU yet?

Man they need to just let Eureka Seven rest in peace already

>they should just finish ruining DtB instead
Pls no

It's too late for that, the only thing they can do at this point is to mercy kill it

And people still think Bones is worth anything.

>Not everyone watches movies for plot/characters.

Different user here. What's going on here? Top left and bottom right match, while top right and bottom left match.

Literally all the autists here think shit spin-off works make the original any less enjoyable. The film is also no where near as bad as this thread putting it. If you watch something with the preconceived notion that it's shit, it's going to be shit regardless.

From what I know, Okamura doesn't want to make anymore Darker Than Black anyway.

I'm going to formulate my own opinions about these movies rather than copy a bunch of schmucks online like some lemming.

Not everyone enjoys the same things. We're not the same people. For all the cucks that enjoyed Eva they still haven't gotten the take away from that series.

>tfw this won't be in the movies

>Tfw watching this at Otakon
>Tfw every time an x weeks or x days before/later transition screen popped up
My blood was boiling Jesus fucking christ, first scene with the original content was awesome but after that... fuck man.
What a waste of my god damn time, even AO was at least somewhat entertaining.

So it's basically just a standard recap movie?

>Eureka 7 is better than Eureka 7
Quality post.

I dig that new style, looks more expressive.

Doesn't look that great here though.

IS THE GLORY DAYS INSTRUMENTAL OUT THOUGH?

They redrew the faces a little or something

Anemone and Dominic's romance>Eureka and Renton's romance.

>a poorly developed romance that people liked because its the atypical bad girl good boy bullshit > A probably developed romance that was prevalent throughout the show and didn't come out of nowhere

FTFY

Looks like that curse I did at bones for fucking DTB up finally comes into fruition

What'd you curse them with?

Haven't kept up with this series in 10 years or some shit. Sorry to hear how punished you guys are. It ain't fair. Gonna go forget about this now

I would actually really like something explaining what happens after DtB S2, but I have a feeling it would be awful anyways

Soon.

What bothers me is how it's DTB's 10th anniversary and bones is doing absolutely nothing to celebrate it.

so, nothing new besides the summer of love shit?
did they mash 25 episodes in one movie? because the ray and charles's arc didnt happend until half of the fucking series

I'm surprised BONES keeps revisiting Eureka 7.

E7 got the usual BONES retelling movie like Rahxephon and Star Driver (oddly, Captain Earth got no movie whatsoever).

Now it gets another one.

>oddly, Captain Earth got no movie whatsoever
It underperformed badly is why and BONES wants to bury it

I'm still mad about AO, holy fuck.

>oddly, Captain Earth got no movie whatsoever
Good

>oddly

I love Okamura but his originals are annoyingly open-ended. I need to know what happens after DTB S2. I need to know what happens after Zvezda. I need to know what happens after Kuromukuro. It's not looking like I'll get to know any of that.

sasuga Bones

kek Eureka's knees are backwards here, somebody took a shortcut and copy/pasted Anemone's legs over