Re:Creators

>at last, we turly were Re:CREATORS™

Seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

sunday-webry.com/events/re_creators_naked/0919/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit show of the year.

This show was a huge poo, end of story. Stop making the threads.

or you could just stop posting in them?

Fuck off

uh no?

You must be one of the people who are upset that it was re:creators airing and not another moeshit

Where was shark?

busy making usos about usos

What the fuck even happened at the end? The white haired girl teleported those two hussies away and then the next episode starts with a guy saying that they died. Died from fucking what?

Took a plane to burgerland where her immense wealth will make her a God

Shit like this and Eromanga-sensei going over what it means to be a "creator" is the most masturbatory shit imaginable.

>meteora wrote the show
>it's the first work of an autistic librarian
it makes sense

Watch the show, retard.

It was one of amazon's mistranslations. The show had a fuck ton of those. He said they just left.

How did this show even manage to be so underwhelming?

>Altair didn't die

Anime, here's how it works.
BBEG does stuff to get hated, the party comes up with a plan, BBEG takes advantage of something causing a low point in morale. Then the party turns it around, BBEG goes "bakana!" and then gets killed.

Fucking damn it the ending was lame.

Very little was set up, and there was barely any payoff. Literally they just talked about an interesting story instead of showing one.

Although the designs are still great. GOOD sluteroa does things for me.

It's like Umineko in that you can slowly see the writer go completely up there own arses.

Disappointment on the year, shitshow would probably go to the cube anime.

>Big bad hyped throughout the series as being much stronger than the heroes and had a carefully prepared plan
>Big bad turns around the heroes plans and completely overwhelms them
>Loses somehow
Kinda unrealistic.

You have to go back.

>people hating on AOTY
Fucking plebs. Why don't you shit up the myanimelist comment section since you clearly don't belong here.

barely did anything interesting with the concept. waxed on about the same creator-wankery over and over again. terrible pacing. late introduction of irrelevant characters. soda.

I'll give it credit for managing to answer questions that people came up with, but it only did so through exposition or giving only the least imaginative answers that anons already came up with weeks ago.

>the villain must lose
that's stupid. them winning in a non-apocalyptic way is already a decent outcome that isn't used often enough.

Why most of fan arts are Soda level?

because it's appropiate

>unrealistic
Altair's power is literally pull-ass.
If you want to see how to subvert someone super powerful, see silent sinner in blue.

Either way, look at fiction, it's always "ahaha! now you can't win! oh no! my one weakness! curse you!"

Fiction that doesn't follow this formula is fucking edgy and pretentious.

I unironically enjoyed shit like akikan more than recreators.

Altair got lots of great fanart.

that's normal on pixiv. what ends up on the boorus is already pre-selected.

Altair is basically the Anime equivalent of the whale probe (Pic Related) from star trek IV

>Whale Probe shows up (Altair Shows Up)
>looks for whales which are dead (Knows that Setsuna is Dead)
>Destroys the world because there is no whales (Wants revenge cause Setsuna is dead)
>Kirk and Crew go back in time to save whales (Souta Creates Setsuna back into reality)
>Whale Probe hears Whales and leaves (Altair Sees Setsuna, Creates /U/niverse and Leaves)

Easily the worst show of the year.

They followed the usual hero formula though.
>Altair is in her eternally empty world
>Hears the cry of her goddess
>Tracks her down to a strange land of gods just to find out she was denied of her of her story by that land
>Decides to avenge her, trying out different approaches until a big trial is decided
>Defeats one by one the people who wants to kill her and prevent her from avenging her important one
>The final boss almost kills her, but thanks to the wishes of the people who loves her she miraculously defeats it and resurrects stronger than ever
>After finishing all her trials she unexpectedly finds her goddess
>Uses all the power she obtained to save her
>Goes back to her empty world to build the place of her dreams together with the damsel she saved

soda stop it, you would disappoint setsuna like that

Cashed out before she lost her powers. Now she's a 1% percenter in 'Merrica.

She's an anti-hero at best, like, at the very best.
But the way she kills people isn't how a hero does it, it's just pure ass-pull, and not like Araki, or even ZUN.

She's more like a mary sue, that goes on a temper tantrum then gets put back into her sperg box.

Also, heroes are on the good side, and everyone betrayed her, meaning they were either evil, or she was.

The threads told a bigger story than the show itself.

>First episode shows.
>Strong and interesting.
>Many hopefuls gather.
>2nd episode
>Speculation happens and fanworks are churned out.
>Fans from various genres congregate to the threads. /m/, /u/, Sup Forums and mahou shoujo fags.
>Episode 3 : Welcome to Exposition Hell
>Many begin dropping out. Every one of the crowds gathered above vanish save for a few and mahou shoujo fags.
>This continues until Episode 6, when the Shark saves the show from boredom. Sharkfags start showing up.
>Episode 8 happens and Mamika eats it. Mahou Shoujo fags vanish.
>Shit-tier performance 3 weeks straight has shown all the shitty sides of the anime.
>Anime meanders and gets worse with each unrelated episode calling themselves "specials".
>No Comiket, Almost no creations interacting with the world. Everything eaten up for WORDS WORDS WORDS
>Elimination chamber happens
>Rising hope
>Anime shits itself
>Hiroe is disgraced as a hack along with Aoki with certainty.
>The only ones left are the few who stood since the start and the ones curious about the slow-moving crash.

It could've been great.

BRAVO NOLAN
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N

The /u/ could've worked had we seen more of the main villain beyond sitting her ass throughout the anime.

Part of the reason why Homura worked so well was she played a role throughout the first Puella Magi anime and her very own episode cemented the fact. Throughout this, her character was handled well. We know who she is, and why she was doing what she did.

With Madoka being developed well alongside this is why the /u/ ending worked out.

Re:creators ending was lackluster except for the ones already into /u/ as it was not properly developed.

Now i'm angry. What a bunch of self-loving jerks those troyca guys are. FFS, last 5 minutes of the show every creator just smiled with this down-syndrome smile like they've won or like they were helpful in any way. Jesus Christ how i want to create something that will tear their assholes apart.
If only i could write more than hour per day. I would've happily ended my current novel and start that new cool idea: an author in hiatus meets a dream god and bargains himself a devil's deal. Author can't come up with a sufficient explanation why a White Knight betrays everyone, and so Author wants to watch a White Knight do this, even if it costs him a soul or whatever.
And so he does, being transported into his own world with magical note and pen, which he has to use to even be there, writing himself in as a selfinsert (subsequently degrading story's quality to shit, but Author already sold his soul, so it doesn't matter). So, Author meets the White Knight and tells him of his unevitable fate, and this is where everything begins.

Heroes always asspull their victories, and they also have to use the abilities they were given even when they aren't the prettiest. And they also kill a lot, the only difference is that their opponents usually have the form of monsters or scummy thieves and they don't care if they are attacking them because of noble causes like to protect their families or to eat.

And good and evil is just a question of perspective (though since the viewer is supposed to sympathize with the gods, then Altair is the villain or at best the opposed party) . Altair goes through a hero cycle, and so does the "good" side who were summoned to fight a big evil and after the hopeless fight they end up achieving their objective of saving the world and go back after learning more about themselves, the world and some with a trophy (like Erina being resurrected).

What if it was like Mirai Nikki but creators using their creations instead, winners get a wish?

You mean Fate?

I remember watching mirai nikki and I absolutely hated it. Every single time they encountered any trouble whatsoever the pink girl just went apeshit and killed everyone. It made the other episodes so pointless where the guy tried to come up with any plan because you could always count on her just ramboing through everything anyways.

No, good is to not take shortcuts, good is to face stronger (evil) people and still win.
Good does not have the power to just instantly win all the time. Look at one punch man, he can win all the time, which is his biggest problem. He doesn't just punch and win until the universe goes "good job, nicely done, have a reward"

If good doesn't struggle when fighting evil, then it's just "might makes right", and good becomes evil.

The level of asspull that Altair would baffle even Yukari

And also, Erina isn't resurrected, it's just a copy/clone. This is another thing I don't get. They spend time lamenting the fact that Altair killed creations, but it's practically forgotten later.

Altair is in no way a hero, she's more like a tragic villain, someone who thinks they're doing the right thing except she's not.
For fuck's sake, her primary goal is "kill/destroy everything because there won't be sadness that way" I thought tropes like that disappeared in the 90'ies.

I can't believe Meteora got away with everything in the end

Was it ever established in the show if there was a difference between the Creations "dying" versus the Creations choosing to "go back" to their original world?

It's been sad thinking of the possibility that there is a difference, and that somehow it's only the ones who "die" are the ones who *lose* their memories of the lives they had here. Is this really the case, especially that last part?

And if so, is this rooted in the epilogue's conversation between Matsubara and Meteora?

Amazon translation says: "Matsubara, the Selesia in the stories that you'll write in the future will never have the chance to meet us."

^I wasn't sure if that meant as if "they'll never be able to meet *again*" or that Future!Selesia will no longer have memories of her experience in our world.

Meanwhile, the Google Translate text of the script in NAKED gives a personally more depressing interpretation of the dialogue.

>Good does not have the power to just instantly win all the time.
Neither did Altair. Her enemy was the story, the "world". She wasn't fighting creations, which she brought herself, or gods that are powerless against her. Even in the ECF her trial was to convince people, and she even referenced how she wasn't able to win "as she was at the time" and how she couldn't even kill anyone until the conditions were set. And even is onii-sama and that smartphone isekai MC not heroes because they aren't struggling against the enemies?
>And also, Erina isn't resurrected, it's just a copy/clone.
In this case Erina was resurrected, since it was Suruga who wrote it. And the holopsicon made it so the resurrected Erina was split into the Erina in the story and Erina in the real world.
>Altair is in no way a hero, she's more like a tragic villain
She is certainly a tragic villain in the perspective of the world she is fighting against.

It was from this link off the official site:
sunday-webry.com/events/re_creators_naked/0919/

I'm still crying like a little bitch over how perfect Meteora's epilogue went.

It's so beautiful and mature.

In the anime it was just a theory based on many-worlds interpretation. When a character goes to earth it's split in two which could work in two ways in my opinion:
>the original character is the one who is brought since Altair invades the world, and the omnipotent gods forces the creation of a copy so that his story still makes sense and all of Altair's not approved modifications are erased.
>the act of Altair invading cause the world in split in two, one that lost the hero and one that is accepted by the gods that never had any interference.
And for each the consequences are:
>the world is safe but the creations cannot come back to them unless the ECF is made canon and there is a merge (the two copies combine in one). If they don't merge, then the world is only now split in two and the creations go to a new world and the other world follows the original plot with their own version of the heroes. If the character dies there is no risks since the split will never happen.
>They come back to the world they left, and if they died in the real world their world is probably fucked and will be abandoned by their creator who didn't make the ECF canon.

Everyone's still salty about Meteora.

She's the main character. Get over it.

Troyca loves the stoic MC trope and they'll be happy to do it again.

Which one, Sup Forums?

A good person wouldn't blame the world, just stop it with the whole "she's a hero and a real human bean" shit. This isn't a matter of ambiguity as to who is in the right, this is fucking "from my point of view the jedi are evil!"

Society and human nature gets a chick killed, her creation gets spawned from 0.5 seconds of her hatred or something, then wants to destroy the world because she's petty.
That's not a fucking hero.

Sure, Altair's beef is with reality, but it's told through her fight with the party, or rather, it's not, therein the problem. When two sort of equal people fight in fiction, it's their goals and convictions that let one of them win. At least if it's like MC vs BBEG. But in this situation the party could just as well have done fuck-all, cuz' they were completely powerless and only asspull that threatened to turn Daiki Kase's digestive tract inside out managed to save them.

Altair killed three good people, and was rewarded for it, why?
No matter what, killing a mahou shojou is never a thing a hero does, especially when she's going "don't turn edgy" right before you stab her.

They are all horseshit, give me the office lady with the glasses.

Could the respective authors of Selestia's and Alice's stories then, if they so chose to, make it so that Selesia and Alice carry over any of their experiences in some form or fashion. At the very least, I'd find it lovely if there was some way that their memories could be retained.

Selesia definitely made good memories with the primary cast, as did Alicetaria with Mamika. After all that happened, it'd be depressing for them to completely cease to be, at least more so than the characters that didn't "die."

Dropped it when I saw that desu

I just marathoned this whole series and I fucking loved it. I loved Meteora and her stupidly long infodumps, I really enjoyed the level of detail the exposition of this show laid out and I can take any infodump if it's from Inorin. I loved Magane and her chaotic personality. I liked all the creations (even Hikayu), it was fun to see their different personalities from different genres clash in a single setting. I loved the meta commentary the show provided, it may have been self-indulgent but it was fun. I loved the slow pacing especially for the final battle, it allowed all the plot points to be resolved in a satisfying way which is more than can be said with a lot of anime and their 2-episode rushed finales.

Was it perfect? Hell no, there was a lot that could be improved. But fuck you, I liked it.

Metchin's so cute.

>There were anons that were convinced Shark was going to die
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

Death would have been better than being a deus ex machina that magically vanishes from the end of the show.

She would've eaten the entire production staff if given a chance. She's lucky she has some sort of inhuman metabolism that allows her to eat all day and not turn into a blimp.

I love it.

Becoming real is a pretty good win for someone who was busy saving what is not even her own world.
And if they were trying to imply that she wrote the anime then she might have won as much as altair did. Altair gets Multiverse B, meteora gets Multiverse A.

So whats the final verdict, worth watching?
I dropped it once the retard who spun swords and guns while dressed in all black showed up

(You)

>deus ex machina
Given that she was established as a being who could rewrite reality with her voice from the start, she can't be a deus ex machina. It's fine if you don't like her power or think it doesn't belong in the story, but don't use big words when they aren't applicable.

This was back when we thought this show had arcs which would end and payoffs. Her literally disapering would have been more predictable had we known how badly this show would fuck up the character endings in retrospect.

If that's where you dropped it, probably not worth picking back up again.

It was fucking great, watch it.

>shark lived her life in easy mode by uso no uso
>has no powers anymore
>travels to murrica
>tries to con some hoodlooms
>they shank her
She's as good as dead if she tries to keep her thing up without her powers. She has no life experience.

Shark probably has an IQ in the 160+
She'll be fine. Plus she's already loaded.

She's fucked if her people skills are a supernatural part of the uso no uso package.

>talking to hoodlums

she wouldn't stoop that low

APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW. When it was all said and done Meteora really was the best character and clearly Re:CREATORS is anime of the decade for breathing life into her perfect form.

No, Marine was the best.

I have nothing to apologize for because I loved her from the start.

Do you think she will become Sota's girlfriend?

>Could the respective authors of Selestia's and Alice's stories then, if they so chose to, make it so that Selesia and Alice carry over any of their experiences in some form or fashion.

Please let that be a reasonable possibility?

Poor girl, I want her to remember all the good times she had, as well as the not-so-great things too, so her happy end is all the sweeter and earned!

>because she's petty
You mean created as a "petty" person (instead of having the free will to choose while growing as a normal person) that values her "mother" more than a world that isn't even her own and that the only it did for her was to deny her creator's existence (in her perspective).

Blitz probably talked to Takarada about their relationship and he reproduced it in the spin-off movie. Souta also talked to Mamika and knows about her real world personality. But it's certainly not the real world version of either of them that will experience it.

>Altair goes through a hero cycle

How so?

>If only i could write

I'll say.

It was an interesting concept and they upheld the quality right to the end. Yeah, the ending was kind of a pop rather than a bang, but it went well enough. Meteora becoming a writer/artist was a nice touch.

The writers might be able to insert some elements, but ultimately it will still be a different person.
But then again they will only differ by a few days or weeks of experience.

No. She will become Marine's girlfriend.

see
Ordinary world: her fictional world
Special world: land of gods
2-4: learning about Setsuna
5: entering the real world
6: the first cour, trying to defeat the villain in her mind (the world that wrote a sad story for her creator)
7: ECF preparations
8: Ordeal: the ECF, Death & Rebirth: episode 20 against the final boss Sirius
9: getting the acceptance and meeting Setsuna
10: episode 21, fight against fate/train
11: using the power of creation to go back
12: epilogue with Setsuna

Can we please stop having these threads.

Just let it die. Let this shit ass show finally die so that it can be laid down to rest and forgotten already.