Can you increase your "IQ" or logical thinking?

I am stupid, i openly admit it. My IQ is 113 WITHOUT the mathematical tests, meaning no numbers at all, only the symbols. And questions.

With it it's 85. I always sucked at math, when trying to understand it it feels like my mind is overthinking it, or always forgetting the last step, it feels like anxiety trying to solve math equations. I envy people that can do maths with ease, i really do. It destroyed my whole life this disability. When puberty hit people in school started bullying me because of it and i left school at age 16, now im a neet living of the state. Is there anyway to increase my IQ or fix my math disability? I would do anything, even brain surgery just to let this suffering stop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KvASdgGNlrU
inc.com/melanie-curtin/want-to-raise-your-iq-by-23-percent-neuroscience-says-to-take-up-this-simple-hab.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004979/?__hstc=133243537.c773f89949c75cda0bb2ae1552d2dda8.1489622400061.1489622400062.1489622400063.1&__hssc=133243537.1.1489622400064&__hsfp=1773666937
theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/mindfulness-no-better-than-watching-tv/
thebrainstimulator.net/what-is-tdcs/
youtube.com/watch?v=EBt_88nxG4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

REmember to sage.

smoking it or putting it in salad?

Hit the big brains with a rock

I already did this because of this black guy that got hit with a baseball and suddenly got photographic mind.

I even ran into an basketball pole once ad accident and it did nothing to me but to gave me an concussion

Eat Flintstones vitamins

Learn to exercise your brain through activities like programming, unless you're a nigger, in which case you're fucked.

Maybe you aren't stupid. You could have a math phobia. You should talk to a psychologist.

I have the same problem I got 1200 on SAT because I aced the woman part of it but I can't do math past simple division

yes, you can by simply practicing.
IQ tests have much similarity, you can train this ability. But the point is you do a test ONCE, after that it is invalid. There is no "try again". Also flynn effect, and anti-flynn effect

Meditation increases IQ, meditate 30-40 minutes a day within some months you will probably have raised it quite a bit!

This has been studied for decades. Is is genetic and it can not be increased.

How can doing and thinking absolutely nothing increase your iq? I think it would rather lower it

stop drinking smoking doing drugs and video gaming.
youtube.com/watch?v=KvASdgGNlrU

What's up with Sup Forums it can't just be mee that can't even post kawai on an imageboard.?

It stimulates blood flow to the prefrontal cortex, and thus trains this area of the brain. The prefrontal cortex governs executive functioning, planning etc etc.
The meditation makes it grow - if you even do it a month the results 'stick'. MRI-scans in various studies confirms this. You can google about it if you don't trust me.

Intelligent people are never bored.

Whenever you want to go out? Study.

Whenever you think you are lonely and need a girlfriend? Study.

Whenever you feel like the walls are caving in around you? Study.

Your IQ changes as much as you do which is why it is a laughable subject.

This guy gets it.

Yeah - stop doing drugs, drinking and eat healthy, this also helps IQ. Healthy food = healthy organs and therefore a healthy brain.

Healthy brain = faster, quicker and smarter :)

Meth

>1200
yikes. I knew niggers in school who got higher than that

this. LMAO pray for user

That’s a misconception about meditation. You don’t think about nothing, you just observe what flows through your brain and be conscious of how certain thoughts or memories cause you to feel. It gives you much more discipline and self control, although I haven’t seen anything saying it improves our intelligence. But it wouldn’t surprise me. I meditate every day for only about 10 minutes but I’ve noticed a lot of benefits.

Yeah fuck it
Read books you retards

Are you serious, the fact that you are worried about this is proof that you are cognitively healthy.

Anyway, math for 90% of people is hard to learn. Not because it is hard, but because as people get older they forget how children learn and expect to see logic and "a way out" without even trying. Sit down and actually do math for hours and you will get it.

Khan Academy is a good resource with videos, but if you can, get some real life help as two people working on a math problem (or more) is a really good way to learn math.

I read some Harvard-study on it, I do not have the energy to find it right now, here is something of interest I found while I googled though, about the meditation-IQ connection.

inc.com/melanie-curtin/want-to-raise-your-iq-by-23-percent-neuroscience-says-to-take-up-this-simple-hab.html

Exactly ;) easier said than done for some. But it's the way forward.

Nothing wrong with being stupid, we have enough people trying to fill (and often end up getting) jobs their brain is unqualified for.

Be a good person, work hard for your family, raise your kids to be good hard working people. That matters a hell of a lot more than just being smart.

>competition is a sin
Are you afraid of people better than you? People better than people are what makes civilization progress. The world does not revolve around your ego you know. If that's way you interpret celestial eevents somehow you went awry.

The only thing that would make you stupid is believing in the IQ meme.

Here is one scientific study:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004979/?__hstc=133243537.c773f89949c75cda0bb2ae1552d2dda8.1489622400061.1489622400062.1489622400063.1&__hssc=133243537.1.1489622400064&__hsfp=1773666937

PROTIP: Exercising your brain only makes you better in the restricted way you're training. We've tried this many times (games, courses, etc), and brain training has proven to not really cause generalized improvements.

Pic unrelated, it's an instant coffee kit invented by brainlets.

I was gonna say 113 wasn't so bad then I remembered everyone on Sup Forums has 160 IQ and a 9 inch dick

Correct, it's a formulation of mental acuiety but onl y can tap into what is already there.

>Is there anyway to increase my IQ or fix my math disability?
Sorry user, there's no hope to save your IQ. Obviously, you are so retarded that you have to make a thread on Sup Forums to find out that opening a fucking book would solve your problems. Kys, here's your (((yyoouuuu)))

Hm, it depends though - you have fluid IQ and crystallized IQ, these are different.
Crystallized IQ is basically things we learn, whilst Fluid IQ is how fast we can figure new things out.

"Training" your brain only increases crystallized IQ, the fluid IQ is what you want to raise the most, because it is the ability to solve new problems - and meditation is good at increasing precisely this form of IQ.

Correct.

>Hm, it depends though - you have fluid IQ and crystallized IQ, these are different.
I'm not sure what this means. But you can have latent potential not actualized. AKA really fucking stupid but potentially high iq people. This seems to the be plague right now. You could be diamonds, but you don't put in the work. If these people put in 1/4th the work of people who had to actually bust their ass, they would totally dominate them. This is more the phenomenon now.
But genetically, life is unfaiar as fuck either you have it or you don't. those that have, and squander it, it's actually disgusting. Others would die to have the opportunities they have to figure shit out. And they use it for absolutely nothing and pretend they're stupid.

I feel the same way. I‘ve always been the best at grammar and languages at school but suck at math. Sometimes I feel like a fucking nigger for not understanding it.

What IQ test did you take? Online or given by a clinical psychologist/cognitive psychologist? Typically significant disparities measured between verbal (VIQ) and non-verbal (PIQ) components of FSIQ indicates a myriad of different learning disabilities/mental illness, including but not limited to depression, schizophrenia, dyslexia and dyscalculia. Difficulty with arithmetic, especially spoken math problems is an indication of poor working memory, (WMI) another quadrant of FSIQ. Unusually low WMI is often associated with ADHD, both inattentive and hyperactive type.

If what you're saying is true, and you're worried about your future professional/academic performance, I recommend that you talk to a psychologist about your problems with mathematics. Most likely, you will be tested with a WAIS or GAI IQ test, and if a "v-shape" is seen in your psychometric evaluation, prescribed medication that might help you.

True, there is nothing more sad than wasted potential... People with relatively high-IQ's or capabilities just escaping life through other means and wasting it.

Everyone should aspire to be the best version of themselves. I bet politically we would get through a lot more policy like this too. The west is cucked because it has managed to pacify its

Many escape into computer games instead of growing up and taking responsibility for their lives. This really sucks, feminism is at fault though...

Sounds like you have low spatial IQ.

Unfortunately, IQ is pretty static. You can attempt to increase your intelligence, but in general the capacity to process information (fluid intelligence) will see little change.

Are you Jewish?

I got like B-'s in early highschool mathematics but I'm college now getting a mathematics / physics bachelors and I ace my classes. If you don't train a certain part of your brain, it gets worse. Obviously natural ability exists, but if you put work into you can get better at quantitive reasoning and problem solving. Start with Khan Academy and really basic mathematics. Just do a little bit everyday before or after work, possibly even while you're watching TV or something. I guarantee you will see progress.

You can increase logical thinking but it is difficult to increase pattern and combination recognition. All you can do is put in more time and effort looking for patterns, which is a real pain in the ass when others can see them instantly.

There are people who have been playing Magic the Gathering for decades and they are absolute trash at the game, all because new sets make new combinations and solutions that they are just blind to. Meanwhile the good players can recognize these opportunities as if it were as natural as breathing.

I would recommend memorizing the multiplication tables through 12. You should be able to clear 100 problems win five minutes. Once you have that you can calculate in your head more easily. You can get the price of four pounds of beef by multiplying rather than adding or guessing. It's also very good for confidence because your skills improve quickly.

Whatever it is you want to improve at do it before you go to bed. Pray on it, even if you are an atheist. Your brain has a way of sorting itself while you sleep, and whatever you think about before then will be the focus of your dreams. Bedtime prayer has been scientifically proven to work and I recommend it to anyone to help with life's challenges.

I don't know but there are TONS of jobs you can do that don't use math. If you can make change that opens up more entry lvl work.

>Can you increase your "IQ" or logical thinking?
No
>Is there anyway to increase my IQ or fix my math disability?
No
> i left school at age 16
You're an idiot. If you want to change something you have to leave this website.

theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/mindfulness-no-better-than-watching-tv/

get a tDCS device.

It will increase your IQ to normal levels.

thebrainstimulator.net/what-is-tdcs/

>True, there is nothing more sad than wasted potential...
This is t he current plague of the west in general. IT doesn't have stupid people it has smart people pretending to be stupid. And what is worse they are pretending to make others feel better.

Just because they aren't busting their ass to make your life better doesn't mean they are wasting it. I work an easy job, punch in, punch out and spend time with my family. I tried going out of my way to help other people but they are hopeless; their lives are shit for a reason and they won't change.

Very hard to increase your IQ. Jordan Peterson had a talk on it, and the statistics kind of show for it. I've got a straight 140, though. Asian and all that, bruh. But if you want to increase your IQ, read some good books.

You can't increase g so don't bother friendo

But all these they try to make to feel better, are thankful when things happen for them. It's this anti western ideal that tells them they can't be smart. How can you progress when you are taught to hate yourself? You then become self masochist. youtube.com/watch?v=EBt_88nxG4c You neeed to unlearn that learning and believe that peope are indeed better than some other people. And that this is ok. Some who are short will never be good at dunking in basketball either. But you don't have problem with this admission because it's something niggers do a lot. Why don't you start to be honest with all the rest too, instead of being afraid.

You have Dyscalculia.

Your IQ is probably above 130

So THIS is the power of the German master race

Fuck u PhD nigger

How insecure are you to look for any excuse?

Speak English Mads

Try doing a verbal/linguistic specific IQ test and you will probably do rather well as you have displayed the investigative curiosity which is a result of high intelligence, as well as reflection and even courage to express your concern in a public forum notorious for rude remarks.

are you just a smorgasbord of little senetences or do you have a mind of your own. At no point i think my quality of understanding or writing english would ever be in question. Either way i have decided that now i hate you so good luck with that.

If you think 113 is stupid then you’re stupid. You’re in the top 70%ish stop complaining and stick to things on your level.

are you arguing against something he didn't say or the wrong post?

nigga, lemme tell you somethin:
based 90iq fag who knows about gmo's, knows how to not get fucked over with loans and taxes, knows how to run shit and learn shit when needed, better then some soyboy calculus major who don't know crap about the real world and still buys fucking nintendo products. NINTENDO user, fuck that. iq tests don't mean crap, nor should they deter you from reading a book about whatever you want to learn, don't be underconfident like you can't learn just cause the iq test says "lol you dumb you don't know algebra" boo friggin who. algebra takes a month to learn user. a month. learn whatever you want user. only difference between a grad and you is a years worth of reading.

Intelligence and achievement depend a lot on environmental factors as well. When the environment around you is negative, you'll perform worse. Change your environment and the people around you.

So... How many languages do you speak? 1? I don't see what is wrong with his English lol

>are you arguing against something he didn't say or the wrong post?
>Nothing wrong with being stupid, we have enough people trying to fill (and often end up getting) jobs their brain is unqualified for.
Do you think he stuttered?

But a simple calculator can perform crazy amount of mathematical calculations, but it is not intelligent. I think human intelligence is different and you can't really measure it with task performance. The simple truth is that you either can or can't do certain things. Do not buy into this IQ crap; it is only designed to test people's proclivity towards certain neurological functions.

I'm a college dropout NEET who graduated in the bottom quarter of my high school. Try harder, faggot.

Also: read "The Bell Curve" nigger.

Human intelligence is way beyond IQ to have causality to action and creation of things. IQ is just the current tool for a rough estimate of how people behave. Definately not the end all be all. That would be pathetic to assume. It's like having a basic idea of intelligence that can be used to prtedict various highly superficial things. It's ofcourse far more complex than that which actually leads to results.

We cant let the 145 get the nuclear codes

I hate to be the only one here to say this but.... sorry, IQ isnt just pattern recognition, you need to understand the deeper expressions of patters that math can demonstrate to achieve the "true" higher I.Q. Math isnt as mystical as you might be imaging its just mostly that culture paints it as something mysterious or enforces the notion of inferiority complex when it comes to many people. In reality almost anyone can do math but its how you use it and the underlying principles of it.
If you can recognize patterns you can use math. Im an engineer. Theres no mystery to it, its just part of things like anything else. Its a language. People who cranck it up to be magical are mostly kikes.
You can do this. You dont need brain surgery you need patience, commitment and discipline, rare in todays degenerate society.

>I hate to be the only one here to say this but.... sorry, IQ isnt just pattern recognition, you need to understand the deeper expressions of patters that math can demonstrate to achieve the "true" higher I.Q.
This guy gets it. Pretty much how intelligence actually operates. It's very multifaceted. But i don't mock the approximation of IQ and it has relevance for statistics which is exactly why it was developed and now people use it as the holy grail when it's very little with regards to that. It's a decent guess. It can be also faked and falsely approximiated by fapping to math. It's all kinds of error prone with regards to total precision.

Everyone should be able to increase their IQ by one standard deviation (15 points) through practicing the measures used for the IQ test (pattern recognition primarily)

if youre older than 20 theres nothing that can be done

IN theory a total math nerd could very easyily join mensa on these false pretenses. But he wouldn't be the bing bang boom kind of guy that just could work out things of theoretical math and such things, beause it would all be rehearsed and it's like a dog chasing cars, wouldn't know what to do with it if they ever caught one.