How strong is Mr Satan?

I know you are already replying "not at all" or "weak" but that isnt precise enough.
He never was able to do any shit since he only came up against a killerandroid from the future and a demon with which even the MCs had a lot of trouble.
We know he is worldchampion, but how much does that mean at that time? Does it put him among the ranks of goku when he started his journy together with Bulma? As strong as the Ox-King? Maybe even Tao Pai Pai? I mean he got hit from Perfect Cell and Buu and survived both at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/
youtube.com/watch?v=vYC8kPUeuec
kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-6-akira-toriyama-super-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some bump

Stronger than all the World Martial Arts Tournament fighters outside Goku and his friends... although it's likely that many of those fighters didn't return for fear that they participate, King Chappa for example... he was a World Martial Arts Tournament champion, but after being defeated 2 times by Goku, I guess he retired.

Well, the narrator did said that the tournament had lost its edge over the years, and that guy knew his shit.

If I had to bet I would place Satan as a Top Human. I don't know, maybe 10 to 15 as his power level?
He would be defeated by kid Goku right at the start, probably.

Around 30 or 40, not enough to beat kid Goku who can tanks bullet but enough to win a tournament I'd say

I could have sworn I saw something put him at about 100 during the Buu Saga, but that would have been Roshi/Krillin level pre-Saiyan Saga, so I don't know.

He also had no knowledge or skill in Ki and flying, so that makes it even more iffy.

Is the Abridged series any good?

The scouter said his power level was like 300 or something.

What I wanna know is who trained him. Regardless if he fought scrubs, he still had to have basic knowledge of the martial arts. We never hear of his teacher and at one point he obviously trained very hard to get to where he was.

Just, ya know, a shame about the aliens and robots n shit.

What kind of answer to you honestly expect to get to that question here? Go watch it for yourself and decide.

>One day when they were on tour, at a bar in South City, Satan and his martial arts master made the mistake of making fun of Mercenary Tao's hairstyle. As a result, Mr. Satan was heavily injured while his master was killed. From then on, Mr. Satan solemnly swore never to fight anyone whose true identity he did not know, or anyone who seemed crazy strong.
This is where Satan went wrong.

what is the source on that?

Oh, he's an actual martial artist and all. He beats the shit out of those two armed thugs after they shoot Buu's puppy, pretty badly too. He's clearly actually pretty strong within regular human standards, but the question is how tough.

I mean, could he beat most of the Red Ribbon Brass in combat? Blue, Colonel Silver?

Source?

A Toriyama interview.

He's as strong as a normal martial arts master, as in not people like Roshi or Tao Pai Pai who are stronger than the normal limits of human endurance
It takes genuine strength to break all those tiles and to legitimately become the world champion against the best martial artists in the world who don't have superhuman powers

Blue had psychic powers so I don't think he stands a chance there.

Colonel Silver? Yea.

Blue...only if he could get off a quick flash-step like he did with Van Zant.

his master was killed by tao pai pai

I always loved how unique his fighting style was implied to be
Fast pokes with some heavy jabs
Satan was probably a beast on the first two martial arts tournament he won

Weaker than episode 1 Goku who took bullets to the head.

I feel like the first one was probably the most difficult. Always felt like there was some bullshit where people who could've beat him and came for Goku all beat each other before it got to him and he scrubbed someone out.

Then the 2nd one they realized Goku didn't care anymore so everyone that mattered stopped caring too.

I LOVE BEERUSAMA!

kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/

strongest human that doesn't use Ki.

which puts him lower than chichi, yamcha, yajarobi, dende, etc

When did ChiChi and Yaijobe use Ki?

When is this exactly?

i think before cell

totally forgot about that. is her ki just red or is she actually using kaio ken?

Nigger this is fucking filler from Marron and the Garlic Jr saga.
youtube.com/watch?v=vYC8kPUeuec

He beats the shit out of some regulars but still can't take a bullet like Goku did as a kid

No way he beats Namu.

>16:9
Probably from one of the non canon movies

Pre-release GT material claimed Satan had a BP of 140, just 1 point higher than base form Roshi at the start if Z.

Now, you might want to bring up the whole bullet thing, with BP 10 Goku tanking a bullet to the face and Satan being mortally wounded by a bullet to the chest to argue Satan must be below 10 but there are two things to consider. First, Krillin and Roshi both had their skin pierced by Launch's machine gun. Second, Super has revealed that being bullet proof relies on keeping up a defensive ki. Satan refuses to use ki so that's clearly why the bullet got him.

Also, in case you reject Satan being slightly stronger than Roshi, the 139 was Roshi in his weakest state. His buffed up form was probably a lot stronger (and his current strength probably dwarfs his early Z self). Also those buses Satan dragged likely weighed more than that boulder Roshi couldn't lift back in DB. So pre-Super, Satan might actually beat Roshi in terms of raw strength feats.

movies are canon

one of the strongest non ki using humans.
If he were to learn how to use Ki he'd probably jump up to Yamcha levels.

weird haveing yamchas level as an achivemend kinda

(citation needed)

Goku in episode one is listed as having a power level of 10, and his great ape from is 100. The average human we estimate is at 5 based on the farmer, so at the age of 12 Goku was as strong as two average grown men.

Videl in her first episode is listed around 18 and at the tournament goes up to 30. Hercule based on that is probably between 15-20 making him 3-4x stronger than the average human.

I've always understood Satan as being the strongest "normal" human in the world

He admits to himself that Videl is stronger than him, but I don't know if she counts as normal after learning how to fly. Also she gave up on training after getting knocked up out of high school.

She actually kept training and being Saiyagirl.

She stopped being and insane cunt who thought she could hang with even DB era loli chichi after she got an asskicking that wasn't 1/1000th as brutal as a 5 year old gohan got at the hands of the then most powerful living entity in the universe.

kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-6-akira-toriyama-super-interview/

>I take the movies as “stories in a different dimension from the main story of the comic”

The wording here suggests he consider them canon, just not intersecting event wise with the main timeline.

>Hercule
who?

Joke character

Stronger than Tien I bet.

Heh

Why they never teached satan how to fight?

Satan's power level is probably 50-100.

Master Roshi's power level at the beginning of Z was like 150 and somehow it's in the hundreds of millions in Super and he's on par with Gohan so who knows?

Well she is the ox king's daughter, she should have some ability.
It explains her innate power for comedic reasons.

dude....
Bulma is stronger then he is
Chi-chi knows clit about ki and she has a standing powerlevel that's probably in the low thousands now
Ox-King was the absolute strongest non-ki using being on the entire fucking planet with a powerlevel of 900 until Gohan turned 3.

Hercule scores a 137 on the punching machine when the other mundane fighers are pulling the 80-100 region. And this is also when Hercule is about 15 years past his fighting prime. Considering that the early fighters in the first tournaments had power levels around the 50-70 mark, with the exceptional fighters like Chappa and Tao rolling 130-210.

While it is an assumption that this roughly equates to power level, considering Capsule Corps have a pretty good handle on that sort of technology I wouldn't be suprised if they were the ones who made the machine. That said, 137 for a haggard but veteran fighter does seem appropriate based on what we knew of power levels in the original dragonball. If we assume in his fighting prime he would potentially be twice as powerful as he is now, I'd place him at a maximum power level of 372. Strong enough to take the world tournament a few times even with the odd Mercenary Tao level fighters turning up, Strong enough to be a relevant contender if he was around for King Piccolo's attack, but not strong enough to really contest King Piccolo in his Youth form, Any reasonable tough Ki-fighters or Raditz. He couldn't keep up with any of the Z-Fighters at the time who would have been rocking the 800-1200 region at that point. But then again, I'm talking Prime-Hercule back when he was brawling Spopovich, a pretty brawny looking fighter like he was a creampuff.

This puts him pretty high, and is working pretty heavily on the Punch Machine being a rough equivilant to power level then comparing that to the average contenders in that tournament, to the average and powerful fighters from the original dragonball tournaments. Of course, Hurrduur Powerlevels.

I imagine Prime-Hurcule vs Mercenary Tao would be an actually be a pretty great and even fight to watch.

No joke, I'd love to see maybe a 30 year old Hercule in a fight with Mercenary Tao. It'd be fun as shit to watch. Hercule would probably be pissed too, because he's fighting the dude who murdered his master.

At the time Radtiz arrives, Hercule is now winning tournaments by fix and has a 4-6 year old daughter, so I imagine he is starting to drop from his prime-power level. I'd still say around 300 when Goku and Piccolo were only 400-420, but a lack of Ki would prevent him from making much of an impact even if he was there. I'd wager this was his "Peak" where he was closest to the Z-fighters, possibly surpassing Krillen/Yamcha/Tien, but of course this was also the turning point that got them training like demons again while Hercule was now the father of a 4-6 year old girl and starting to transition as the "Mascot" of the tournaments with his games being fixed so was on his downward slope.

Once again, just my assumptions and estimates, but I like the idea that for a short few years in the times between Dragonball and DBZ, that Hercule could have been the worlds strongest and surpassing Goku and Piccolo in power level. Not that he would be able to beat them due to Ki but able to stand toe to toe swinging punches. But as I said before. Hurrdurr power levels and muh joke character.

He's probably strong enough to fight Goku Super Saiyan Blue, since FUCKING EVERYONE IS THESE DAYS.

Why bother
Even if they successfully taught him to use ki, in what situation would they ever need his help verses the 12 other people they know who are a thousand times stronger than him

Yajirobe killed Cymbol and stale mated with Piccolo Saga Goku. His power level is higher Kami's.

Did eating all those hermit seeds gave anything special to him at all? Wonder if Karin taught him any shit during all his time there

doesn't matter, he's got that 45

Master Roshi destroying the moon throws everything out of whack. It shouldn't happen at least not that early and not by him

>His power level is higher Kami's.
Kami beat him up in a borrowed body while monkeying around pretending to be weak.

When hercule first appeared he was pulling 4 tour busses so he should be stronger then Goku pre master roshi training. Maybe around the first tournament krillen or a bit bellow

Gotta remember that guys like Nam, Giron, and King Chappa are frequents to those tournaments, and they gave Goku trouble as a kid.

So I'm assuming Satan is pretty damn tough, possibly almost Kid Goku level or at least not too far.

There's a slightly better version of Dragonball, just barely peeking around the edges of the one we have. One that held a bit closer to its xianxia-lite roots.

Where the magic, cybernetics and psychic powers don't just end up being different versions of the same powerset of flying and shooting beams or explosions at people. Where all these different masters end up teaching things to their pupils that end up leaving them being at least vaguely competitive, or viable in combat. Where super saiyan never happened, or at least everyone else started to find abusive ways to power level themselves as well.

I like to dream of this version of Dragonball, sometimes.

dragonball spin off "satan advantures" when?

He doesn't need it

He's a weakling who can't even break 15 roof tiles, and can't even endure a handgun shot to the chest. Even compared to someone like Bora he's utterly outmatched. He's only strong by the standards of ordinary city-folk.

Strong enough to win the only enjoyable death battle.

LITERALLY one of the strongest beings in the planet.

You don't need ki control to block bullets. Stop worrying about Toei bullshit and read the manga.

Kiko-how you doin?

It's so bad. Why do they hate him?

China hate

Really?

Nope