OH NO NO NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Other urls found in this thread:

tradepartnership.com/pdf_files/2002jobstudy.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fake news

>Dosen't say that it is the stock market

He'll back down once he realizes he's fucking American workers.

i cant take this conclusion for granted. Elaborate.

Fakest of news

Good, we won't be able to save the white race till this system collapses.

This. I read the news today and thought this was some drop like we had at the start of the month.
>I lost $100
OOH, WOW. I'M RUINED NOW!

to be fair some of us (me) bought a bunch of SPY call options thinking the Trump run would be forever. I've lost half my account in the last 3 days.

was pretty big deal last time bush did it. had to rescind it within a year. trump has done more for america first so far and actively appears to be trying to get the jobs and production in america whereas bush did jack shit and just fucked domestic manufacturing to prop up steel.

this one almost seems like it targets canada especially hard as we are one of larger aluminium producers and that was never targeted previously.

>more factory work becomes available
>fucking the workers
I forgot that people working is a bad thing

Bro what the fuck did you buy?

To mapleniggers it is.

Enjoy having the prices of anything made of metal go up 30%

there are 150,000 steelworkers in america

there are many, many millions of workers in american industries that depend on steel as an input (construction, automotive, aerospace, ect, ect, ect)

higher tariffs on steel and aluminum means that everything that uses steel and aluminum, and means less jobs created in those industries. This means slower economic growth. ALSO higher prices for every domestically produced consumer good both here and abroad. On top of the inevitable retaliatory tariffs. Tariffs in general are dumbshit policy.

Protectionism is predicated on the faulty logic that trade is a game and you want to have the most exports for as few imports as possible. That's like saying you go to the grocery store and you want to spend as much money for the least food possible. Getting money to buy imports is the entire point of exporting, there is nothing wrong with having a trade 'deficit', in fact, during all periods of US prosperity we've run major trade deficits.

When Bush did the same thing, 200k jobs were lost.

tradepartnership.com/pdf_files/2002jobstudy.pdf

>200,000 Americans lost their jobs to higher steel prices during 2002.
These lost jobs represent approximately $4 billion in lost wages from
February to November 2002.3

>One out of four (50,000) of these job losses occurred in the metal
manufacturing, machinery and equipment and transportation equipment and parts sectors.
>Job losses escalated steadily over 2002, peaking in November (at 202,000 jobs), and slightly declining to 197,000 jobs in December.4

>More American workers lost their jobs in 2002 to higher steel prices than the total number employed by the U.S. steel industry itself (187,500
Americans were employed by U.S. steel producers in December 2002).

>Every U.S. state experienced employment losses from higher steel costs

>While insufficient data exist at this time to measure the precise role steel tariffs played in causing such significant price increases, relative to the other factors, it is clear that the Section 201 tariffs played a leading role in pushing prices up. Steel tariffs caused shortages of imported product and put U.S. manufacturers of steel-containing products at a disadvantage relative to their foreign competitors. In the absence of the tariffs, the damage to steel consuming employment would have been significantly less than it was in 2002.

>The analysis shows that American steel consumers have borne heavy
costs from higher steel prices caused by shortages, tariffs and trade
remedy duties, among other factors. Some customers of steel consumers have moved sourcing offshore as U.S. producers of steel-containing products became less reliable and more expensive. Other customers refused to accept higher prices from their suppliers and forced them to absorb the higher steel costs, which put many in a precarious (or worse) financial condition. The impact on steel-consuming industries has been significant.

Fuck, everything below the link is supposed to be quoted. Forgot to double check the formatting.

When he put the tariff on solar panels JinkoSolar decided to begin manufacturing them in the USA instead of China

Watch people invest in American Steel

Bush did nothing beyond the steel tarrif though. He didnt do the same thing. Trump has been fostering America first, moving entire industries back to America - not just final products. Bush impacted all the end products while not really making it harder to get cheap chinese steel. Buying local is pointless if your factory is in China or Mexico. Multiple automotive plants have moved back to America instead of these cheap alternatives. Other industries have brought factories back. Trade agreements have changed to make it better to do final products in US and buy US.

Saying its the "same" is retarded. Its a different time, different policies, different trade agreements, different economy and so on. You wont see as many trying for chinese steel or alternatives in this case and they will use more American steel in American factories.

You know what didn't change? People not wanting to pay higher prices for steel. It will still hurt steel-consuming industries in the US due to higher prices.

>Markets plunge
Really? The value of my bitcoins went up $1000 today alone

I'm tired of all this winning.