Has anime gotten worse?

Or do I just have a subjective preference for things from my youth?

I just tried watching Ghost in the Shell: Arise and it's impossible. Things that bothered me:

>major is now a teenage girl, tiny frame doesn't make sense
>her superior, the woman with the huge cleavage is just ridiculous
>enemies look inhuman and silly, 3D combat scenes are too clunky
>no real plot, just platitudes

I feel this is geared more towards teenager whereas the original was for grown-ups? I really tried my best to be objective, but evidently this is just bad.

arise was a mistake.
that is all

better then film, lol

I unironically enjoyed the movie, as corny as it was. Arise is simply unwatchable

The latter, a lot of shit went past your filters as a kid because your expectations were low.

Arise has like one good episode, the one where the old military dude is the bad guy

3rd Gig never ever and it makes me want to die

But the original GITS and Innocence are both objectively masterpieces. When was the last time we had an anime movie that good?

Still better than the movie.

This one is not so good because the original director were busy to produce his own movies and let the company to do whatever they want.

harmony and blame are on approximately the same level. well made science fiction aimed at grown up audiences.

I was able to slog through the entire series. It has its qualities but the rest of GitS easily beats it.

GitS peaked when it was a silly lewd comedy manga

then that fucking movie came along and turned it into portentous (no I'm not misspelling pretentious) navel-gazing intro to buddhism bullshit

Youve gotten worse with your jaded seen it all attitude

All of the best anime have been made already. The best of today merely echoes the best of the past. It's not as though all anime is shit nowadays, but the highs are much lower than they used to be. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, the worth of a classic hasn't diminished and, while inferior, it's not as if there's NO talent left.

Ubukata is a wifebeating hack

It must be the first option.

I mean, I've tried to go back into anime because due to my job I have to stay up without moving from home many days a month. Some co-workers deal with it with movies and Tv Shows but I can't swallow more bullcrap from Hollywood and company.

I've had to dig really deep to find decent animes that I enjoyed like the King of Thorns or Attack on Titan. Blame is alright too. But the rest is just teens, moe and fanservice.

>original gits
Debatable. I consider it to be a product of it's time, which tried to exploit futuristic visions of people about the future of internet.
Innocence is a more self-contained thing which is why I like it more.

>blogshit
>animes
>AoT
>durr moeshit
Every fucking time.

>Browse Sup Forums
>90% thumbnails are moeshit or teenage anime girls
>Google anime news websites
>90% thumbnails are moeshit or teenage anime girls
But no, go on. I feel like you were about to make a point.

Should this be the new MC?

Didn't they announce a while back more GitS was in production? Has there been any news?
Production IG seems pretty busy recently though, so I'm not expecting anything for a while.

I would say that Arise is probably the worst major. I would even say that 3D major is better.

You're a fucking retard

The fanbase of Attack on Titan is 70% teenage girls.

Congratulatons for enjoying fujo shit

0/10

>Statistics fresh out of your ass
>Getting this mad over literally nothing
You're a textbook sperg.

Arise is fine.

It suffers from being part of a franchise which includes one of the best anime movies and anime TV shows of all time.

>her superior, the woman with the huge cleavage is just ridiculous
It's okay when Major does it

>>no real plot, just platitudes

opinion into the trash.also arise >> SAC

>it's another "why are the 10% best anime of another generation which survived the passage of time better than 90% of the shit today that will be forgotten soon enough?" thread

It's just you

Nope

Arise is actually 2deep4u, and most viewers, really.

If you can get past Motoko's terribad design, you'll be able to develop a greater understanding of the work's themes of the pitfalls of modernization, militarization, and of agency and identity. I would also recommend watching the OAVs in the Alternative Architecture rebroadcast order then watch The New Movie. The 5th story, (AAA eps. 9 & 10) Pyrophoric Cult was released as a single block on bluray for your convenience.

The problem most brainlets have with Arise is that it really does do the show not tell routine most of you claim you want. When it finally comes around you lack the knowledge of how to parse such works because you watch too much garbage CW-tier tv or binge watch bottom of the barrel FOTM shit like. This you lose the ability to truly think critically.

The people that claim to dislike Arise are the same people who lack the mental capacity to understand GitS 2.

Watch it again, but make a deeper attempt to connect with the message. Stop being a characterfag.

Oh, and btw, if you don't think Maayatoko isn't the best acted version of the Major to date, kys.
I imagine you don't have a fucking clue about Kurutsu's character and why she rocks the big rack. I suspect you didn't even finish the entire story either.
Oh well, I'll continue to enjoy a series that is up there with such vaunted works as Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, and the first Patlabor film.

>Ergo Proxy
You had me until that

With the possible contentious exception of the game show, the series is extremely well done. The supermarket and empty fuel episodes alone are leagues above many entire so-called good series.

>major is now a teenage girl, tiny frame doesn't make sense
You realize its a prequel to before she was the Major right? When she actually would be a teenager so of course she has a teenage body

And add another dipshit that hasn't watched the show to the list of idiots commenting in this thread.
She begins the show already at the rank of Major, and is referred to as such throughout the whole series.
It's also not a prequel despite some fanservicey visual nods. There are some distinct differences between the movies/SAC/Arise that are just irreconcilable. Furthermore, for you mental midgets who are incapable of critical thinking, staff said it's not related past sharing the name, characters and premise.

Get bent.

>brainlet
>you watch too much garbage CW-tier tv or binge watch bottom of the barrel FOTM shit

no, and no

>if you don't think Maayatoko isn't the best acted version of the Major to date, kys.

It's garbage. She's closer to an insecure brat than an elite cyborg. The attempts at sexualizing her are failed too.

IG has been recruiting 3D animators for a GitS project, so it might be a CGI movie like the Appleseed ones.

>no, and no.
And yet you can't get Arise.
Pretty silly of you, huh?

See, you're focusing on ultimately superficial things. That 'sexualization' of a character is somehow a thing you would focus on is pathetic. I told you to stop being a characterfag, but here you are still thinking (not really) with your dick.
And what, they out her in a nice dress all of one time to go to a gala? How can you misunderstand context so easily?

Also, that you have a problem with catty Major is further indicative of your lack of understanding of GitS, and suggestive that you're a little SACbabby who can't get over your stunted NOT MUHTOKO mindset.

I thought Arise was pretty good apart from the film.
You faggots tend to have way too high standards at times.

It has.