What ever happened to Haruhi?

What ever happened to Haruhi?

Why was the light novels never finished?

Where the fuck is season 3?

Is Kadokawa allergic to money or something

I think the main reason is that the author got lazy and never bothered to finish it and therefore kadokawa had nothing to promote with a new series

More like the gigantic hype train died and he lost motivation. Wasn't he one of the people in the original bet for Endless 8.

Why is there a new thread everyday asking the exact same questions over and over again?

Endless 8 kill any hype
We do not forgive. We do not forget

KyoAnus promised Season 2 to be Disappearance, then never said anything, then quietly launched Season 2 on some obscure local networks north of Tokyo without any big announcement or indication and outside of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody it was Endless 8 while KyoAnus moved Disappearance into a movie

I ask myself this question all the time. Haruhi was my original waifu, I still love the show so much all these years later, I still love listening to some of the songs from the show on repeat and I tried to enjoy some of the spin off material. Of all the anime I have enjoyed over the years, I still want nothing more than more Haruhi.

This is bait.

Haruhi is goddess because of the kon.

Not sure, someone in Japan said that he has no idea how to develop the story.

Never, kyo ani now prefer the novels from their own bunko.

Would have been great if they just kept making Movies

I thought Disappearance was successful, so i don't know why they stopped

>truth is bait

what

t. underage

Endless Eight was one of the greatest trolls of the decade and did not kill the hype at all.

The one and only problem is not that Kadokawa is allergic to money as is asking - quite the opposite and they desperately want to put out more - but that the writer just won't fucking finish the books because he fucked up the story.

No new books = No new anime

This is why we ended up with Taaki shit instead of a S3.

>Endless Eight was one of the greatest trolls of the decade and did not kill the hype at all.
It did. There was a big drop in sales between season 1 and season 2 once Endless Eight started. The sales were still good enough to justify more seasons, but it was a dumb move.

But, yeah, it's clear the original author was a hack who had no idea how to conclude the story, and Kadokawa waited too long for him, rather than pushing for some anime-only ending.

It lost steam after Endless Eight, then they brought it back with Disappareance but failed to follow up with anything. Hype died, author stopped writing, Kadokawa lost interest (save for that Taahki-chan travesty, not sure what they were doing with that). So I guess it's in limbo now until someone (Tanigawa, Kadokawa, KyoAni) makes a move (or doesn't).

never seen the show. Should I try out season 1 at least? How about the movie?

>Is Kadokawa allergic to money or something
yes

Didn't seem to hurt Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

(OP) #
Endless 8 kill any hype
We do not forgive. We do not forget

KyoAnus promised Season 2 to be Disappearance, then never said anything, then quietly launched Season 2 on some obscure local networks north of Tokyo without any big announcement or indication and outside of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody it was Endless 8 while KyoAnus moved Disappearance into a movie

Kadokawa went through the trouble of animating an unpopular spin-off, leaving the original series aside for the future.
That only makes sense to me if the editors legitimately believe (or believed until recently) that Tanigawa is going to put out another book eventually.

Then why did they allow for things like the Pachinko stuff to happen? You don't do a bait and switch like this if you intend to someday follow up with a proper sequel.

>Matte, Haruhi!

That wasn't a bait and switch. The Japanese really are that obsessed with pachinko.

>truth is bait
what

just watched that yesterday

i honestly loved this shit while growing up and watching it with friends, really sad to see it just fade into nothingness, finished disappearance earlier this year after i was convinced that i'd like it more after this time.

semi unrelated, but i feel like kyoani's treatment of haruhi has indirectly lead me to never really giving dragon maid a chance, that and i just hate tohru