Mahou Tsukai no Yome / The Ancient Magus' Bride

Chapter 40 is out.
bato.to/reader#21eaa6cc73e998bb

Why is nobody saying anything?

But there is literally nothing to speak about.

But user, there are so many questions we don't know, like what the hell is up with the witch, or why did Judas, or whatever he was called, take over or try to take over that girl.

>literally nothing to speak about.
NTR?
How Chise stole 5 million pounds?

>Judas, or whatever he was called
It's Joseph, or Eternal Jew for close friends.

Joseph is going to impregnate her and brainwash her to murder and eat children.
Because running off with the guy you barely know except as a person who initiated a cat massacre is totally a good idea.

Every single fucking time. "Chise DON'T." > does it anyway > And then things got worse

Well, this one time bonehead was going a bit too far, to be honest.
It was one of Chise's only friends, too. Like, nigga, go for a stranger she won't care too much about.

He was jealous of the girl.

The author seems dead set on making Elias an orbital cuck. I hope Chise's powers have been influencing him, because he's so fucking pathetic if he fell for a girl with literally no redeemable qualities besides being okay with fucking a furry.

He should've never taken the fucking slave collar off.

But she's not okay with it, is she? Maybe it's because she's still young.

She's embraced his furry form, and her familiar is a sentient dog/teenage boy so she clearly skews furfag from a young age.

>"Elias, you're a monster!"
>"How dare you not understand traditional human morality!"
>"Even though I've known that for the entire manga and have said that it's totally okay for you to be that way!"
>"How can you be so callous to human life even though you literally bought me at a slave auction?!"
>"I'm going to run away with the guy who tricked a man into killing hundreds of cats to make a phony medicine for his sick wife, which turned her into goop, so that he could create this concentrated spot of evil and darkness in a quaint little village!"
>"Also he literally does/did/is doing the thing that I got mad at you for lol"

>You need to change yourself even though you hadn't changed for hundreds of years until you met me a few months ago, good luck with that bye

Why is she such a moralfag? She's kinda an ungrateful fuck too.

If I didn't know that the author is female I don't think I would be able to continue reading this

The author is a grill?
Why wouldn't you be able to continue reading this? What difference does it make if the author is male or female?

Not them, but if a male drew content that catered to female preferences (female lead's reverse harem, male lead's pathetically unconditional and altruistic love), that'd be kinda fucking lame. At least if it's a woman it makes perfect sense why the manga is the way it is.

What the fuck is chise's problem?
She's been so fucking annoying recently

Never trust jews

you don't think maybe you're projecting a bit?

Yeah well, he kinda tried to kill a kid to save her and picked the kid specifically because he was mad at her for being liked by Chise too.

At some point it had to blow up.

Predictable drama.

She is finally gaining some personality though, i dont expect her to be mature when she is just starting to think by herself. That said, she was mostly right in this case. Ellias is a brat.

However going with Joseph is kinda like going with Mengele because your parents are dicks.

I hope the Aerial is okay. She's pretty cool now.

Also Elias, what a fucking child. I don't know how he could ever get Chise's respect back after this.

>actually taking up Joseph's offer
Jesus it's like she wants maximum suffering

What choice did she have? Joseph had her friend.

She is going to die anyway. Why not take the chance?

How far do you think the anime will get with 24 episodes?

Is Stella going to live?

I don't want her to die; she fits my fetishes.

Not doing it would be a good choice. Now Joseph has her friend, her, and Elias livin the cucklyfe.

why do all shoujo protagonists always seem to have red hair?

She got privileged and became a default female protagonist.
>Elias is a child
Yet Chise willingly takes the hand of somebody not only doing exactly what Elias had planned to do, but doing it maliciously and doing a whole lot of other evil shit on top of that. Then she disparages him even though it's literally not his fault whatsoever because he's not even a fucking person anyways and there's no reason to think that a skeleton who bought a teenage slave girl and used to eat people would be above kidnap and human sacrifice. She superimposed her own nip morals unto him, and was selfishly disappointed when he didn't adhere to them.

I hate Elias for a different reason, though. He's such a fucking loser that could fall so hard for such a boring and unappealing person. Chise's only defining quality is her special snowflake Original Character skill that makes all the fae love her unconditionally because lol why not? I really hope that that's what has happened to Elias, otherwise he's an utterly disappointing and ill-written character.

They don't faggot. Only the anime ones popular with casuals like you.

If you think saving herself and keeping Elias happy is more important to Chise than Stella's life you're sorely mistaken.

She's going to die anyway, her life means nothing to her. And fuck Elias, that cunt.

>recently
She's been like this since chapter 2. She either runs away with someone or is kidnapped, gets into danger, and then has her ass wiped by Elias (who will usually maim himself in doing so). Seriously it's been about 8 times now.

Yeah, and now Stella is firmly in the hands of jewboy. Good fucking job. If she stayed with Elias, he could've gotten her back, because he's, you know, that's sorta his fucking profession to know how to do those things.

I can't believe the level of bonehead apologism going on here. Elias has been alive for centuries, and even if he had spent all that time completely isolated from humanity(He hadn't) he should still know that sacrificing someone's friend because you're jealous of them might maybe make them hate you?

She was already in his hands, didn't you see the tentacles? He could kill her at any moment he wants. Stop pretending Elias would fix everything, how could Chise trust him after this? He'd probably just lock her in a room and go find someone else to sacrifice and completely ignore Joseph and Stella.

And tone down on the jew/cuckposting, you sound like a Sup Forumstard.

>Elias has been alive for centuries, and even if he had spent all that time completely isolated from humanity(He hadn't) he should still know that sacrificing someone's friend because you're jealous of them might maybe make them hate you?

Well he fucking didn't. Blame the writing. It's also that same writing that enables a person alive for centuries to somehow develop human emotions after a few months with some dime-store suicidal nip teenage girl.
>didn't you see the tentacles? He could kill her at any moment he wants
Soo how did her actions change that?
>how could Chise trust him after this?
Easily. She knows him. His actions are completely logical and in line with his personality.
>He'd probably just lock her in a room and go find someone else to sacrifice and completely ignore Joseph and Stella.
that's retarded. he'd already given up on his plan the moment Chise got angry. Otherwise he would've bumrushed her faggy fairy friend and grabbed/imprisoned her before she ran like a little bitch.

>Otherwise he would've bumrushed her faggy fairy friend and grabbed/imprisoned her before she ran like a little bitch.
I mean, he's literally RUNNING in the final pages of this chapter. Despite the fact that he's been shown to have shadow teleportation, beast mode, and legless hovergliding.

Being a fucking teenager.

Look if you think the writing is bad and you hate the MC so much, why are you even reading this?

Chise is such a terrible fucking character

>Easily. She knows him. His actions are completely logical and in line with his personality.
That's what makes it terrifying to her. It's not like this hasn't been a long time coming; Elias has spent centuries trying to parse emotions and feelings, and he's awakened to them in his own way which makes him pretty fucking Yandere. See I don't fault her for fearing him right now, and the other user is right; He'll just pursue another way to revive her even if it goes against her wishes by taking another life. But going with joseph was to protect Stella. Depending on how you read Joseph brandishing the tentacles, it was him stating he could just kill Stella right there if Chise didn't comply.

It's the lack of the emotions that doesn't really make sense to me. You been walking the earth for centuries, know plenty of beings and hasn't developed something but Chise knew the moment he walks away he's angry?!

Chise is fine. Fuck off.

Elias is done with that shit, it's clear as day. Otherwise Chise wouldn't be in her predicament. There's now way that Elise would've let her run away if he didn't feel guilt. And Stella as a hostage wouldn't work because Jewseph would be killing his host and then what? He wouldn't be able to capture her because Elias would be there. Killing the hostage in that situation would be hilariously stupid, but now he can both kill the hostage and impregnate Chise or whatever the fuck he plans to do to her.

I bet Mariel is already on her way.

Name three good things about her.

>male witch

Elias isn't all powerful, he had the Aerial in the way and he's dealing with the profound emotional trauma that comes with your waifu suddenly punching you in the mouth.

>but now he can both kill the hostage and impregnate Chise or whatever the fuck he plans to do to her.
You have a hilariously fucked up worldview and imagination.

Chise is starting to get annoying, she always puts herself in a worse situation.

Elias being mindbroken makes the most sense to me.
Chise's protagonist powers make fae hard and wet for her. Elias is somewhat of a pseudo-fae/human hybrid, so he receives a similar effect, diluted and only through prolonged exposure.

I'm surprised how long it took for something like this to actually happen. I've been expecting this since the beginning.

>reverse harem
What's Elias' purpose anyways? He didn't get to do the usual master-apprentice shit because she was whisked away by that other bishounen. She doesn't hang out with him, rather that reverse trap or the familiar bishounen. She's more amicable with the priest guy too.

What I don't understand is that you think Chise is a terrible character, and yet you want her to be even MORE of a terrible character by just instantly forgiving Elias no matter what.

>You have a hilariously fucked up worldview and imagination.
If you think female:impregnation is fucked up, you don't belong here. If NTR+impregnation for the purpose of an experiment happened in pandora hearts, it can happen here.

That'd make her a good character, are you kidding me? It'd show she wasn't an idiot self-insert that has the exact same knee-jerk reaction that the reader has. She'd have deeper thoughts and feelings than your boilerplate shoujo protagonist. That she wants to understand, not just condemn. Instead of the usual "do wut you want to me but DONT hurt my friends grrr" you get in literally every manga. Her hissyfit this chapter was entirely predictable.

Eh, shit started with potential, but we've come to the point where it's gone to shit because both Chise and Elias are retarded. The story reeks of forced drama.

Instead of being like "I don't even know who you are anymore, I'm running away with Joe!!" she could've been like "You've taught me so much, now it's time I teach you about what's fundamentally right and wrong.". She'd actually be worth something as a character/person then, and not just a universal liability.

It's completely uncalled for in this series or the magazine in general. If you really think the author would do that to one of her own characters I have to say you're projecting your disgusting fetishes fairly hard.

Because that's just what everyone wants to self-insert as, an apathetic semi-suicidal teen with more desire to act like a pet than a human being.

>Her hissyfit this chapter was entirely predictable.
You're literally complaining she's acting like any rational human being would. She has things to care about other than just Elias now.

It got worse at the cat arc and when she got her first reverse harem member. It would've been good if it stayed an episodic about a master/apprentice freelance team going around solving magical anomalies and shit.

People get tricked by the setting and art tho.

>Because that's just what everyone wants to self-insert as
How about a broody teenage female Harry Potter who lives in a wondrous fantasy house and is unconditionally loved by fairies and bishounen alike? See, we can both describe it like that.
But the way I'm using "self-insert" is to describe how the main character is acting the same as the average reader would act in that situation, with the exact same morals, ideas, and actions the reader would uphold, have, and take.
>she's acting like any rational human being would.
As we've seen before, Chise isn't a rational human being at any level whatsoever, and has never been. Having characters that "act like real people" isn't the same as a having "realistic" characters.

Thanks

vagene, left boob, right boob

calm down Ellias

I bet she fucks Ruth. It's actually sorta shitty that Chise didn't get mad at Ruth at all either. Like he's closer to human than Elias.