Katanagatari

I just finished this series up and what a ride it has been. Definitely going into my 'must watch' recommendation list for people. That last episode was fantastic, seeing Shichika not needing to hold himself back anymore, the ending, man was it good.
What did Sup Forums think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y37D0BvACv0
youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_SMcpsuOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Overrated shit. You have shit taste and shit tasters like you meme'd me into watching this crap.

It was fantastic and I got to see Togame fags shit their pants.

>Definitely going into my 'must watch' recommendation list for people
Please post it user

It was foreshadowed a bit that it was going to happen.

It really didn't need the 40 minute episodes.

It's a list for newer people to get into anime, so it's not like it's some profound, super-secret list of cool shit.

FMA Brotherhood
Fist of the North Star
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Katanagatari
Shiki
Ghost in the Shell (Movie+anime)
Hellsing Ultimate

Basically just trying to give people an idea of the variety they have to watch from.

Man, that Shichika's fight in episode 4 was awesome, hope you seen the director's cut.

>variety
>all manly man no grills allowed animu

in his defense, GitS is a manly girl.

>GITS
>Trigun
>Shiki
>Hellsing
>FMA
These all have pretty good girls in them. They're just not moeshit

I meant more about Hitei and less about her dying.

Same, OP. I loved it, one of my top anime. Best girl won.

Oh right. Yeah, Hitei was a little confusing for me at first as a character, but I am glad that they made it clearer what her purpose was.

Fuck off moeshitter

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=y37D0BvACv0

>Best girl won.

I agreed with you. Togame simply can't let go of her grudge and honestly willing to kill based MC just for her revenge. And yet, she truly loves him and both knows that. Hitei is different and because of that is perfect for MC

I really liked that twist in the end how Togame both wanted Shichika to live but also wanted to kill him.

It's great how complex the story is, despite being presented in a relatively straightforward manner.

>no grills allowed

So you didn't watch any of those shows? If anything, many of those have great female characters that are not only worth for the fact they're female, but because of their actions and ideals.

I guess it's not the boring taste everyone on Sup Forums seems to have.
my must watch, however, is what people would dismiss just because they don't have the iq to understand.

I personally thought it was boring outside of the really nice art direction and soundtrack. The animation was generally sub par and the repetitive episode structure and characters were incredibly boring to me, which was odd since I liked Monogatari. Perhaps I need to give it a rewatch to fully 'get' Katanagatari.

People who watch it after broadcast tend to make the mistake of binging it. It was meant to be a slow burn series, one episode a month aired over an entire year.

Watch an episode every week until you finish and you might like it better.

Perhaps. I watched one episode a night for 2 weeks so maybe that was too fast. I can see myself giving it another try since I really wanted to like it and would jump at an opportunity to properly do so.

Don't think katanagatari is a newfag anime, the others are though. Include EVA

The only good things about Katanagatari were Sup Forums threads because of the LN spoilers and 4th episode trolling.

Soundtrack was 10/10, also enjoyed the animation and traveling. Also, cute girls that ended up dying

I watched it one episode every couple of days and it still felt like a slog.Watching it even slower would probably just make me forget everything between episodes and drop it three episodes in. That was probably the weakest point of the series for me, it dragged on so much that it was getting hard to give a shit about the plot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_SMcpsuOs

Fuck you.

It's great.

It's an amazing series

I think the last episode of the show had better one liners than the rest of the series.

I'm still mad.

Would say Hokuto no Ken is a better read than watch.

Why?

I love Nisio's works

The man is a genius