The holy trinity of pretentious shit

That looks like the Jack of all Baits, if you don't specialize your bait you won't hook anybody.

dubs

Dude, panty stocking gives you away, it has literally nothing pretentious. Just put evangelion in it's place.

that is a heptalogy

More like this

Panty and Stocking is the only actual pretentious anime there. Everything else is either entry-level shounen garbage or moeshit.

The only pretentious shit in your pic is Ergo Proxy.
Also that's not a trinity you retard.

>trinity
>7 shows
Damn...

>bring my fursuit, shinji

>cowboy bebop
>pretentious

new terms to filter out, great

you should kill yourself

>holy trinity of pretentious shit
>no Yuasa

No

yuasa is not
pretentious, he's a flower
have some damn respect

>The entire evengelion series is in their.
How does it feel to have such shit taste?

I meant to say
>The entire evangelion series isn't in their

>pretentious shit
>No Evangalion
Lurk moar newfag

>not liking Mushishi
>not liking Tatami Galaxy
come on familia

monogatari isn't pretentious shit, it's just normal shit. also who the fuck takes ergo proxy seriusly enough to warrant calling it pretentious? the rest of these your opinion on is most readily explained by you being media illiterate. if all you want is to be spoonfed cute stories you can go to the kids section of a barnes&noble where someone will read to you so you don't have to strain yourself processing things like word choice, or composition, or animation as an artistic medium.

>real favorites
projecting much? Not everyone shares your passion for literal garbage.

>media illiterate
>be spoonfed cute stories
>actually this whole post
I know its bait, but i just can't help myself

Haibane renmei's ending will always make me mad

A pretentious haiku about a pretentious man. Nice.

I don't think it's about liking them or not, but how every 3x3 looks the same
People trying to impress others with their "good taste"

I don't get it how is it about impressing if they are genuinely fun anime?
Some of them are true prentious crap, but i don't think those mix with them

Half my 3x3 is shit people would kill me for liking.

I mean, I get why you'd say that but pretentiousness and quality aren't related that much so they are pretentious and good (not P&S though, that's just bad).

He's memeing.

ITT: If it doesn't have shounen battles and big tits in it, it's pretentious.

Needs:
Kyousou Giga.
It doesn't have the normalfag appeal as the rest, but it's ACTUALLY pretentious: it projects an image of being deep and multi-layered while having 0 in the way of plot or characters.

Kemono Friends.
A CGI baby cartoon that grown ass adults defend by waxing poetic about story-over-visuals and "charm."

Evangelion isn't pretentious. It promises fanservice in the episode previews for fuck sake. Gainax's headiness was always underscored by shamelessly lowbrow sensibilities. They never sold their shows as "Art".

>haibane
>normalfag appeal

How do you not get it even after having it explained to you

>KyousouGiga
>Pretentious
>No plot or characters
I think we didn't saw the same animu user.

Ayyy lmao

>panty and stocking
>pretty much purposefully the dumbest, most juvenile, most anti-intellectual anime in existence
>pretentious

Yeah I know it's bait but I'm still going to reply.

Your picture is basically saying he's not pretentious in the usual meaning of the word. Are you retarded?

AHEM

is there no way someone could like one of those shows as their favorite without trying to look pretentious?
LotGH was one of the first animes I watched, and it's still one of my favorites

It's more about people who like nothing but those shows.

Saved, thanks.

you sound mad

come on user
half of them are shit

Everything but Texhnolyze is pretty great. Writing off any show that takes itself seriously is just as bad as being some sort of "moody drama purist" or whatever these images are trying to imply. No one's making you watch this stuff, but implying people only like it to impress others is just projecting.

>see you space cowboy :^)

you're kinda right, it's cringe AND pretentious

>Texhnolyze
>not great

>he didn't fucking realize that all of the episodes that fanservice was promised in were the darkest

Texhnolyze wasn't pretentious fuck off, the most pretentious on this image is Ergo Proxy

This gets posted every once and a while. Stop taking it serious.

What's wrong with Haibane's ending?

i agree with most of them but haibane renmei's last
episode was emotional as fuck . also if i think lain is a pretentious moeshit should i bother with Texhnolyze?

what's buttom right ?

Nah you just shouldn't bother with life in general.

>picture from the internet
>1 line
Won't participate in OP's thread. Also OP possibly makes about a threads threads like this a day in different fora.

about a thousand threads*

Cowboy Bebop is objectively not pretentious, learn the definition

NHK

Being emotional has nothing to do with being pretentious or not. It just means the show did something right on a basic level.

Haibane Renmei isn't pretentious because it actually offers an illustration of relatively grounded themes but also enhances its core themes (self-realization, self-acceptance, self-awareness, etc...) without betraying them by conveying greater meaning through literary devices, tone, emotions, atmosphere and "show don't tell" situations.

But apparently having woven into the narrative abstract symbolism and a non-traditional ending is enough to be considered "pretentious" nowadays.

>objectively

that's not a trinity, trinity means 3

Every faggot with a chart should probably glass itself

Engrish prease

It's just ergo proxy and monogatari that are pretentious in this chart

Every faggot with a chart should probably glass itself

Where's Utena?

Fag

>bucker my biscuit shinji

>genre fiction
>tons of comedy focused episodes
>pretentious