Redpill me on what he has said thats wrong? I'm big on 2nd amendment...

Redpill me on what he has said thats wrong? I'm big on 2nd amendment, but what is horrible about upping the buying age and doing more on background checks?

His statements on politicians being afraid of the NRA is undeniably true, but just doesn't sit well with repubs. Fairly obvious any republican looking to get into office will back the NRA all the way to get elected, then later possibly look at new 2a legislation.

Honestly I'm all for people keeping their guns but calling him a gun grabber over this is a bit over the top, no?

This isn't the UK Muhammad, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Did you miss the part where he wants to ignore due process when taking away someone's constitutional right to own guns?

He reversed a background check bill put in by obama last year simply becuase obama did it. Now hes passing harder bills, he doesnt know what the fuck hes doing. It almost seems like hes being told what to do.

>so you can't buy a rifle at 18
>but you can drive a truck of peace, can buy cigarettes, are required to sign up for selective service to vote if you are male, can get an abortion, and can die fighting a war in a foreign land.
>hell you can come back from a tour in afghanistan at 20 and be told you can't be trusted with a rifle
>rifles kill ~250 people a year
>teenage drivers kill ~2,500 people a year
>smoking kills ~500,000 people a year
>abortion kills +1 million people a year
so
>what is horrible about upping the buying age
It will do absolutely nothing but infringe on people's rights. Cruz wouldn't have been able to buy a gun, and would have had them removed, if he were charged with felony animal cruelty or involuntarily committed as a result of the 39 visits from the Sheriff's office or the multiple tips to the FBI. Government fucked up royally, how is that the fault of all 18 year olds?

He already is backpaddeling like the coward he is. Haha

>politicians being afraid of the NRA is undeniably true
Try being a democrat and going against the abortion lobby or unions which are far far larger than the NRA in terms of donations to political candidates and which arguably cause far more damage to our culture.
>I'm all for people keeping their guns but calling him a gun grabber over this
>Take the guns first
>inb4 "I don't like Bob's political views therefore he is crazy, let me call the FBI"
Why not just involuntarily commit people who are legitimately fucked in the head as any retard with internet access would have learned by looking at Cruz's social media accounts (which apparently the police and FBI couldn't be bothered to do as they were looking for Russia collusion and giving hot chicks rides in the police lamborghini)?

I'm for locking the mentally ill away in asylums and throwing away the fucking key. If a person is to dangerous to own guns, that person is too dangerous to be walking free. /thread.

Wow you're a quick learner. It only took you more then a year to realise Trump is a quack

He said nothing wrong.

He had an hour long meeting and (((media))) takes one sentence out of context and repeats it several hundred times to divide and conquer.

Being mentally ill trying to get a gun is already illegal. Trump literally cited what's already the law.

I will only support the increase in age if it's also applied to military and voting.

You must be proud with your olympic medal in mental gymnastics.

>t. someone who didn't watch the meeting

Lol fucking retard

Factually wrong. There was no bill, it was an executive order.
What did that executive order do?
Well basically it only applied to social security/medicare recipients (ie: older folks). If by some chance, an older person on one of these programs had a financial problem and asked the government for help to get out of that financial problem, the executive order basically stated that the government would rule that person "mentally ill" for being "financially incompetent" and bar that person from owning guns regardless of the situation that led to the financial problem.
It was a bullshit EO from the beginning.

>muh truck of piece defense
buy a truck instead of a gun to defend yourself then you dumbfucking nigger

Shall not be infringed.

And driving tbqh. Way more teens are killed in car wrecks involving teen drivers than die from guns.

implying he didn't say that just to expose that the democrats would agree with it.

>I'm for locking the mentally ill away in asylums and throwing away the fucking key. If a person is to dangerous to own guns, that person is too dangerous to be walking free
even when Feinstein is the one making that determination?

Lookin at the RAM Rebel atm.
If I had truck of peace ambitions I would just rent a box truck. Can't really use that for defense though.

Brainlets

>implying we didn't already know that

How did incrementalism work out for you guys? The end goal is the complete elimination of privately held firearms and every "reasonable" law is another step down that path.

>flagposting
Utterly pathetic

I didn't know that you need to be 21 or older to buy an handheld gun but you are allowed to have an AR15 at the age of 18. Trump states the obvious, that this is stupid and somehow this triggers Republicans.

>guy posts pictures of himself skinning frogs alive on Instagram
>makes numerous posts on social media about wanting to be a school shooter using his real name
>called the cops on himself for mental issues
It doesn't take a retard to figure out that this guy was a nutcase and dangerous, it just takes law enforcement agencies doing their fucking jobs.
>even when Feinstein
Feinstein isn't in law enforcement.

>muh 42 dimensional chinese checkers
You faggots have ruined this board with your delusions.

>but what is horrible about upping the buying age
Our government needs to be consistent on age of adulthood. At eighteen, you can't drink, and most states won't let you own a pistol. If your rights are restricted, you're not really a citizen yet. Either we should strike from federal law ALL laws that restrict eighteen-year-olds specifically, or we should raise the legal adult age to twenty-one.

He also mentioned bump-stock bans. These are usually worded terribly (banning far more than just bump-stocks), and bump-stock bans are stupid anyway. It's like banning cars from having a fifth gear because you think that alone makes them go faster (and using terrible language that accidentally also bans non-stock tires).

media hysteria, move along.

>afraid of the NRA
The NRA is a public interest lobby that protects the second amendment. Politicians are "afraid" of it because it makes them do the right thing. That's not a negative.

You're about to attacked with mental gymnastic amerimutts defending the reasoning behind it.

No due process...President Cuck sold out, he is coming for your guns.

>mental gymnastics
Handguns kill ~40 times more people than rifles every year. This is a fact.

he said
>picrelated

It's probably just peoples frustration when they recognize that he
>can't get anything done but this
Very likely
>can't get anything done but this
will be a recurring theme of his presidency.

>inb4 tax cuts

You niggers are getting GVROS (finally).

You can't stop it, best bet is to push to make them temporary and for caps on the amount of people who can be on GVROs at a given time (this should mean that people are less of a threat get their guns back quicker, and only people that need to be on them stay on them).

Everyone attending public school should be on an automatic GVRO.