Just watched the first episode of this and it's already beyond stupid

Just watched the first episode of this and it's already beyond stupid
>hey let's all drink this liquid that will make us able to read each other's thoughts, constantly
>I can see absolutely nothing wrong with this at all and don't see how it could be a bad thing, nope
>oh no, I could've never foreseen bad things happening from being able to read the thoughts of every single person in our country!
>they wreak havoc on their own town and start huge fires and force themselves to live in exile
Am I supposed to feel bad for these idiots?

I feel bad that you had to post this shitty and obvious bait about a show that's too good for you.

Wait till you get to the tournament arc.
Shit gets stupid, and boring.
Also, why on earth did they think those fucking lines on the screen were a good move? They look like shit.
I actually really like this anime. I give it 8/10. The train track episode and Tower OVA were pretty great.

It's like folk stories. If you can't enjoy those just drop it.

Kino is too good for you

this show is basically Invisible Cities hit by japanizing beam, figure out the rest

What the fuck, anime characters aren't perfectly logical robots? I hate anime now

He's too dumb

I'm ready for the new season.

>he didn't like kino
You might as well off yourself right now, there's nothing this world has to offer to you anymore.

i remember watching the second or third ep where kino rescues a bunch of freezing men from death, basically nurturing them until the end of the worst of winter. man that twist really messed me up. tldr op is a faggot

Honestly I think the first ep. was one of the weakest of the whole series. But kino's so comfy and cool, she carry's everything. IM BEYOND HYPE BRAH, this was one of the first anime series i saw and its stay number 1 for years! Its a masterpiece in its own right. Hopefully we get 10 seasons!

Also those lines are vaporwave before vaporwave was a thing, kino, is in the purest form Kino. It set trends before they were even thought about being used artistically

you should still watch more. the first episode if one of the weaker episodes.

my fevorite episodes were with the slavers, the wise man and the book episode.

Thank you for making kino thread. I don't know if you're baiting or not but I'm sure you'll enjoy kino if you watch more episodes. People are supposed to be stupid. Each country represents an idea that is taken too far. If characters were competent then you'd never make a story of it.

Please be bait

Dont worry OP it gets even more stupid in the origins episode
Thats were I dropped it, it was the most inane and boring shit you can image and that anyone could come up with

Something about Kino killing the king felt wrong. It was just 'off'.

I can't wait.

>the stories are fucking simpler than kid's books
>the world isn't interesting at all
>the voice acting isn't good
>the animation isn't good
This shit was supposed to be good, what the fuck Sup Forums?

Plane and volcano episodes best episodes

>Am I supposed to feel bad for these idiots?
You're not.

That's kind of the point.

Without having gotten around to taking Kino off the backlog, drinking this liquid doesn't seem like a terrible idea. Telepathy's fucking cool. A show would have to go way out of it's way to make it seem like a bad thing. What did they do, make it too strong? Strong enough that they can't even make out individual thoughts, and it all turns to noise? That doesn't mean telepathy is a bad idea, it just means they got tricked by someone. Not really an insightful lesson.

It isn't suppose to make sense logically, it never even attempted at that. It is a FANTASY, aka not real. It is just a showing off an idea, what happens if everyone could hear what you think and you have no control over that. Its something interesting to think about while being a perfectly fine story in itself.

>shounen or sol poster tries to watch something other than childrens anime

What do you like the most

The negatives were unforseen side effects. They were supposed to be cool espers but they likely had no idea that they wouldn't be able to turn it off. It wasn't a great start, but mostly because the story Kino listening to some dude talk about the setting rather than experiencing it. I'm not sure what's more dumb. Some episodes are set up with extreme logic but not this one though.

Truly the lowest effort, OP.

Isn't the whole point of the show basically what-if scenarios as a topic for introspective thought?

The whole point of OP's post is to fish for (you)s. Hide. Ignore. Move on with your life.

THE WORLD IS NOT BEAUTIFUL, THEREFORE IT IS

>i haven't watched the series
>but wait a minute let my write a reply to a thread as if something important to say

OP here, I guess I didn't word it correctly but my main problem with that whole idea was that the people thought that being able to constantly read everyone's minds 24/7 would lead to peace and zero conflict
How can anyone actually think that? Do they not realize others keep their most dark and negative thoughts as thoughts? That would create even more issues and violence, not less. It literally doesn't make any sense.
But I appreciate that others thought it was bait somehow. Guess this series is a sacred cow and you can't question anything at all about it.

see they're fables, not hard sci-fi

>missing the point this bad

really m8

OP described an interesting scenario, and I commented on it. Telepathy being secretly bad is a tired out trope, by people who usually haven't thought it through. (Either that, or most people aren't really at peace with their own thoughts to the extent that I am).
If there was a show that gave an entire village telepathy, and then spent an entire season coming to terms with it, I would watch the hell out of that show. That would be really interesting. If Kino turns it into a "careful what you wish for" fable in an episode that everyone just said was not that strong, then Kino doesn't seem like a show that needs to charge to the front of my backlog.

Where are the weird VHS lines?

Someone pls respond is there are version out there without the artsy vhs lines?

They're right there you idiot zoom in.

Oh man this is embarrassing.

>shounen or sol poster
Nice strawman, faggot. Few are as stupid as this guy.

>caring about their opinions as if they could be substitutes for your own
>thinking one episode would make a whole show not worth watching

Why do so many people hate the scan lines? I didn't even notice them until now.

Don't get me wrong, i like the scanlines, but didnt this show air in 2003 or something? Whats the point of putting scanlines in the video when it was already going to be watched on a CRT?

/thread

What they were aiming for was basically a kinda of psuedo-instrumentality, the medicine didn't make them read thoughts, it made them read emotions. But that was the problem since they didn't have any context using words. And they couldn't turn it off.

In any case it's literally the first story in the series, it's not going to be perfect or polished stop bitching.

user, that's a great image. That episode is still my favorite anime episode ever made. I will take the image if you don't mind. Here's more Kino.

I'm sad nobody said they liked the story called the land of Peace or land without war. I can't remember the exact name but I loved that one. I don't think any of the stories are bad in and of themselves but some are totally weaker than others. Also honorable note to the two episodes about neighboring towns and prophecies. That was good too.

Have any more of these been made?

... and that was actually one of the better episodes!

none of those "countries" are worth any thought, they are all far beyond ridicule, and would never come to exist in any real world, let alone continue to exist for any period of time

Oh God I cried so hard at the end of this episode. Something about it just made all the sense in the world and I had one of those moments of clarity were you understand everything and everything makes perfects sense.

"What's in the truck?"
"Remains of their cargo"
"So it's food scraps?"
Best dialouge in anime as of this date.

>He has never read Gulliver's Travels

She what stories are you hoping to see get adapted I for one can't wait to see pic related and probably that one Shizu chapter

Pretty much all of the stories in Kino are parables, they are not written to be realistic situations but to exemplify ideas with a simple narrative. One of the best examples is the episode about the city where nobody needs to work and the railroad construction. It's not a realistic scenario but a perfectly fine illustration of human struggle for purpose in life.

People irl have done way way dumber shit.

Are we really going to get a bunch of negative and bait kino threads as we get closer to the new project?
I liked the lack of negative attention the series got when it was less "relevant"

Monkey paw nigga