Naoki Urasawa Launches New Series in October

Are you excited Sup Forums?
animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-09-19/20th-century-boys-monster-naoki-urasawa-launches-new-series-in-october/.121583

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/"ITT overrated shit"/type/op/end/2009-01-01/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_outside_Japan
manga-news.com/index.php/planning?p_year=2017&p_month=9&p_editor=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really need to read Billy Bat now that's it done.

Sup Forums only gets excited if there are waifus

>linking animenewsnetwork

I'm excited but I also plan to not read it until it's done, so it'll be several years before I can get seriously excited.

I only rally liked Pluto, was Billy Bat worth reading?

it'sokay, BB is probably his weakest work though, don't know if you'll like it if you didn't like 20thCB or Monster.

and I'm sure I'll really enjoy the first half as usual

please no more fucking astroboy

Not really, I mean I loved Pluto and Monster was okay but his magnus opus 20th Century Boys was some long winded overrated crap. He's not a bad author but he really needs to be reigned in more by his editors. He could have written 20th century boys in half the chapter length.

Fuck yes.
And then the Pluto anime

>his magnus opus 20th Century Boys
his magnus opus is Monster, what are you on about? hell, he doesn't let any of his series be published in another country unless Monster has been published first.

I am still disappointed they never brought the anime here to Germany.

Y E S

Sorry but his magnum opus is actually Yawara.

I fucking hope it'll get scanlated.

Oh boy, another 2000 volume moody drama with too many genre motifs and unbelievable characters.

when did it become the norm to hate on Urasawa?

What genre or setting would you want to see?
I would be interested to know how Urasawa would handle space stuff with aliens and stuff. I doubted he's able to do scifi before but I then I read and enjoyed Pluto a lot so I can kinda imagine it.

Either that or some real life + occult shit like the special he drew after BB ended.

The norm is to hate on everything.

Is this a joke or is it actually good?

What exactly is Nagasaki doing? How much of the stories is from him?

Eva is my waifu, Tenma was a fool not take her back after a decade

he only co-wrote Billy Bat (hence why some people say it's bad) and supervised Pluto alongside Tezuka, he also helped Urasawa get the rigths to AstroBoy

Damn I didn't know that. I always felt like his name was always there but you're right. He's only mentioned on Pluto and BB volumes.

In before it ends up being a wired mix of elements from from his two shojo(?) sports series (Yawara and Happy!) with the elements from his mystery series (Monster, Billy Bat, 20thCB)

Also anyone ever translate that oneshot he did a while ago, something about a physic kid and yakuza.

>Waiting for Billy Bat to get licensed

don't bother it's shit

this my man
Yawara was decent sol mixed with a prime example for how to make a sport manga
Mc is cute, the cast is solid, and no over meme mystery for character to react by open their mouths really big.

there's also some sources that say he help "supervise" on Monster and 20thCB but the only other thing he officially worked on as a writer was the Master Keaton squeal manga

Thanks, now I'm excited to read it.

if you tend to be someone interested in conspiracy theories such as
Walt Disney being a secret nazi
The moon landing was fake
There was more then one Lee Harvey Oswald in Kennedy's assassination.
Elvis is alive
And a few more but a bit to obscure for me to say without doing some digging.

you might enjoy that series

Wasn't it translated like a week later or something?
Can't remember anymore but I read it.
Where do you live user? Shit gets licensed as soon as Urasawa finishes his first volume here-

People hate anything that's reputably good.

Can I read Pluto without knowing shit about Astro Boy?

>waifus
Fuck off, normalfag.

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/"ITT overrated shit"/type/op/end/2009-01-01/
Over a decade ago.

Don't worry, niggerstream will pick it up.

I don't recall Elvis living in BB

yes

>shojo(?)
Most of Urasawa's works were published in the SPirits line of magazines, so it' seinen. A female lead doesn't make a manga suddenly become targeted towards shoujo demographic group.

>Where do you live user? Shit gets licensed as soon as Urasawa finishes his first volume here-
Big surprise, shit gets licensed inf France. You baguettes are glued to Urasawa's cock.

That's sad

Red pill me on Billy Bat, user. I stopped reading when they introduced the Prince of Bel Air.

I can confirm what he said:
It's like reading Gantz but without the positive points like the action.

>Sup Forums
The technical term is moefags.

Is Master Keaton worth a read?

It's hard to describe it just devolves into nonsense on the same level as I am a hero, where the ending doesn't explain anything or tie any loose plot holes.

Also kevin loses both of his hands.

I am German. Why do people only always associate France with tons of manga. We get like a bunch of new series every month.

I've never read the manga, and maybe you're only asking because you also saw the anime, but if you haven't do give it a go. It starts a little slow but the episodes get much more interesting later on. The final two eps in particular are very well animated and filmic, more like something you'd expect out of Bebop. The dub is also exceptionally good.

New manben episodes when?

I wish we knew. I could watch that every day of the week if there weren't only like 8.

Because France has the largest manga market after Japan.

In 8 out 10 cases an user gloating about his licensed manga is French.

What's the point if they don't get subbed

I see user, thank you. I'll finish BB eventually but know I don't feel guilty in putting it off for a while longer.

>In 8 out 10 cases an user gloating about his licensed manga is French.
They can't possibly be larger than the anglo market.

>11 hours late
but you should really watch the one single astro boy episode it's actually based on

>They can't possibly be larger than the anglo market.
They really truly are.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_outside_Japan

The french have always been some of the strongest Sinophiles and weeaboos.

>In 8 out 10 cases an user gloating about his licensed manga is French.
They can't possibly be larger than the anglo market.

I can't find numbers for the most recent years but France was second behind Japan in 2014 and for at least a few years before that.
I don't know if there's anything for english series to compare with but here's a french site that has a list of everything that gets published there each month:

manga-news.com/index.php/planning?p_year=2017&p_month=9&p_editor=

I know, but I don't think Italy and Germany are lacking far behind. I don't know a single manga I like that isn't published here but in France. We usually get everything they do, maybe only a few months later. The lack of manga seems to be an American thing because of the capeshit hype there.

This is fascinating stuff, I was totally unaware of this. Thank you, anons.