Steel

What you going to do now that this tariff is out? I don’t support it but anons of the countries that are affected, how do you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_United_States_steel_tariff
bloodyshovel.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/biological-leninism/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This may impact my job, but I haven't done research yet.

Didn't turn out so well when Bush did it in 2002. Maybe it is maintain weapons production during war.

typical idiot

Trump loves the gays, thats why he is reviving the steel industry in america

Tariffs don't go far enough.

Just a job, faggot.

do you work in a company that imports steel?

certified paper stamper?

Shills are flipping the fuck out over this. Yes, prices will increase, and we will manufacture more steel here. Would you rather pay higher prices and have high employment or pay lower prices for inferior garbage and suck the democrat party dick for that welfare check?

Hooray, another reason for my employer to fuck me over on raises while my health insurance keeps going up!

T. Welder

US steel jobs: about 140k
US making shit with steel jobs: about 6-7m
US steel supply: pretty low
US capacity: none, it's rusted to fuck in the midwest

wew the mong has outdone himself, great job

>welder
>having an employer

you are doing it wrong, + this will give you more work and better paid

>knowing what my company does
m9 I just push the buttons.

Good news for us because we are producing this shit in my region.

all jobs like that are bound to disappear sooner or later, the sooner you move and look to do something else, maybe your own business, the better

btw not saying quit the job, keep it for as long as it lasts

what's great about this is that it forces the FREE TRADE friedman burgers to finally understand why 'protectionism' actually protects people.

The EU is already annoucing targeted sanctions against swing states and key politicans districts.

And this exact thing happened under Bush.

The temporary tariffs of 8–30% were originally scheduled to remain in effect until 2005.

The tariffs ignited international controversy as well. Immediately after they were filed, the European Union announced that it would impose retaliatory tariffs on the United States, thus risking the start of a major trade war. To decide whether or not the steel tariffs were fair, a case was filed at the Dispute Settlement Body of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Switzerland, Brazil and others joined with similar cases.

On November 11, 2003, the WTO came out against the steel tariffs, saying that they had not been imposed during a period of import surge—steel imports had actually dropped a bit during 2001 and 2002—and that the tariffs therefore were a violation of America's WTO tariff-rate commitments. The ruling authorized more than $2 billion in sanctions, the largest penalty ever imposed by the WTO against a member state, if the United States did not quickly remove the tariffs.After receiving the verdict, Bush declared that he would preserve the tariffs. In retaliation, the European Union threatened to counter with tariffs of its own on products ranging from Florida oranges to cars produced in Michigan, with each tariff calculated to likewise hurt the President in a key marginal state. The United States backed down and withdrew the tariffs on December 4.

Steel production rose slightly during the period of the tariff. The protection of the steel industry in the United States may have had unintended consequences and perverse effects. A study from 2003 that was paid for by CITAC, a trade association of businesses that use raw materials, found that around 200,000 jobs were lost as a result.

Revitalizing the rust belt, nigga.

This....it is a message to China, and the first phase for war preparations.

sounds like they are directly interfering with the elections

if I were Trump Id nuke Europe preemptively

BTW FUCK ALL INTERNATIONAL KIKE COURTS

YES, FUCK CHINA

It is gonna be one savage ass war if they go at each other. The chinese will probably make Japan into a crater just to warm up the war oven

i dont think it will end up in war, the chinese are like dogs, they will bark and bark but will eventually retreat

the know their billions of people will only serve a cannon meat, they will kill each other off in civil war when the regime falls

the chinese also have done some shitty deal with the russians, basically china scammed russia into building them an oil pipe

I am pretty sure russia would side with the USA

WW3 line up Eurocaliphate + China VS USA + RUSSIA!!!!!

>Tfw Sup Forums suddenly loves welfare

Problem is the USA and Russia are not on best terms with the Syrian war. The USA also has a defense pact with Japan, so it will get ugly.
China might be a lot of things, but pussies they are not. This is a VERY delicate situation.

I don't think it will be a big of a deal as people think. I work as an engineer for a manufacturing company we strictly use only USA metals already. Chinese metals suck dick, you can tell it's Chinese just by the way it machines. We get bulletins all the time for falsified Chinese testing data and would have to scrap or recall that metal if we actually used Chinese shit to begin with. Because of this I would say most industries where people's lives are on the lines don't use Chinese metals. So your beer can may go up $0.05. Yes sometimes we use European metals but that shits already overpriced. MAGA bring back self sufficiency

I like it since I own stocks of steel industry in the usa and outside. It ensures me more shekels.

the syrian war is ultimately about an oil pipe, that can be negotiated, I think the rest of the situation will make them resolve this quickly

I guarantee Russia doesnt want a world where China is the new power house, nobody wants that

Chinese really are pussies tho.

It sounds dumb to me.
#1 If steel producers got burned last time they are going to be hesitant this time around to invest in new capital equipment for fear that the tar rugs will be revoked in short order.
#2 It will take how many years to rebuild our steel industry? What is the likelihood that a sympathetic president will even be in office at that point?

I mostly hope the cycle of retaliation hurts the EU. I don’t care if China makes all the steel in the world or not.

Any tax is on this stuff is good. We need to stop consuming so much. Constant consumption is how the kikes keep us from noticing them.

True...but as a South American that works in the Petroleum industry, I don't believe in the American meme that China wants to dominate and destroy the world or be the world police.

The Chinese actually make better deals and make sound plans for future partnerships in the countries where they have interest. The Americans used the same old tactics and are getting pushed out of by Chinese business deals.

Where the Americans use threats of sanctions if a country does not go along with their plans, the Chinese look to foster business partnerships.

How so?

Buy from different country. Already doing that at my job and it's just as cheap as that chinese shit but better quality. Fuck china

fuck the Yankees for this, we will boycott the products of businesses in majority republican states. Then we see how long Trump keeps this bullshit.

you fucking brainlets and your knee jerk reactions to every single little thing.
i'd rather ask you, faggot, how you would propose we continue to pay for the fucking welfare state that has been set up for all the worthless in this country? or should we just go further into debt to the chinese? i'll wait for your brilliant solution to not simply taxing imports and by doing so pushing american production up. go fuck yourself you globalist moron. you're at least as bad as all the asshole old women that get upset every time the tv says something. you have no idea what you're even talking about. kys

i agree the old USA way of doing things is forcing countries with pressure from the world bank and IMF,, and if one refuses then you get cut of dollars, your import export sector crashes

but I think this was the NWO acting through the USA, we must see if the US manages to free itself, how will the act

Chinese are slowly colonizing us, they are not aggressive yet because they dont have the numbers, yet, but I see it here, the chinese are a fucking mafia with deep ties to everything, they are slowly but surely colonizing us

nothing you said makes any sense, i just want you to know you have no idea how things work outside of germanistan, promptly go fuck off ahmed, you aren't german and you aren't european

The problem with this is that other nations will raise retaliatory tariffs, and US exports more steel than it imports, meaning you will lose more than you will gain.

I mean, you've done this before and it didn't work out.

China can be easily quelled if the need arises, poison the Yangtze River (already somewhat in industrial areas) to an extent all food in China is stopped (70% of rice is grown along the river) - a famine & the ppl revolt

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_United_States_steel_tariff
we already did it once you fat yankee, you lost 200000 jobs as a result.

I would not call it only because they don't impose upon the sovereignty like the Americans do.

For example, I often have to go do business in Angola (has close ties with Brazil). When they arrived in Angola, instead of following the American business plan of bullying for raw resources, they actually made a large investment in helping rebuilt parts of the country that had nothing to do with the oil industry. Furthermore, they stay out of the politics in the country, they don't make demands when it comes to the democratically elected president of Angola...something the Americans always fucking do.

America: ok, poor bastards, we will set up a platform, take 80% of the profit...and oh by the way, that president needs to go, he is not generous enough,

China: ok, we want your oil, we need it. Let us make a partnership with your government. If you give us the contract, we will also invest 3 billion in helping the rest of the country grow so things improve.

The US is going to be pushed out if they don't smarten up. They are not the only kid in town anymore.

all I can say is:

DONT
FUCK
WITH
CANADA

our leader might look like a real soyboy weakass bitch but his father was Fidel Castro and he knows about war and he knows how to deal with dictators like Drumpft and if you poke a cornered Moose you're gonna get the horns. I don't make this threat lightly but we can only take so much shit. You take our steel, we're gonna show you how much steel us Canucks really have in our bones (A LOT)

you're OFFICIALLY on notice!

This.

I'm going to build a house made of steel in 1-2 years, will this negatively or positively effect me?

This is a terrible idea supported by idiots. It means higher prices for nearly everything. China wins again because of the thousand different responses they could take, the main leverage they have is TRILLIONS IN US DEBT.

This is the kind of stupid "muh campaign promise" that could jumpstart inflation in a second.

You'll be fine as long as you don't crash a car made of diamonds into it.

The price of steel will rise, will cost you more. I think it may be a substantial rise as money also needs to be put in repairing the decayed steel industry. At some point, the americans basically killed their steel industry by counting on imports. If they want to reverse the trend, they need to rebuild the entire industry. You can thank Clinton for that shit.

>increased tariffs
>foreign imports of products made with steel build factories in USA to avoid tariffs
>more domestic manufacturing more jobs
>foreign nations butthurt for losing jobs impose counter tariffs
Let trade wars commence

EU already raised prices on imports months ago. Cheap steel comes from russia and china and EU doesnt like that. EU gets its steel from eastern european countries, Slovakia, Romania, Czezh Republic etc. Those imports are not affected. Nobody gives a fuck about what US did besides China and Russia since their shitsteel gets imported in US

negatively since imported steel will get 25% more expensive because of the tariff

Yeah I figured it would only be negative.. God fucking damn it.

Why magic changing flag?

I CAN'T AFFORD TO BUILD MY SKYHOOK ANY MORE FUCK DRUMPF WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS

I dont really care about tariffs and I hope you guys can get your manufacturing sector back from China and maybe in the future you can start paying back your debt and become white again.

Just invest in tartan paint, Scotlands lowering its tariffs in response.

only in my fucking dreams would this happen in our lifetimes

But in the long run, it will improve the American economy. If they can manufacture steel with the quality they used to (USA always made great shit), then you will be competitive again on the market and developed countries will be tripping over each other to acquire your steel.
The only issue is seeing if they can get shit going again before the global debt wipes everybody the fuck out.

The problem with the massive retarded world debt debacle is that war is usually a quicker way to resolve the issue...Take brains and patience to rectify 80 years of retarded policies and I don't think the world leaders in power have the brains to pull it off. They are the ones that put us plebs in this situation in the first place.

Fuck the elite, they couldn't run the world properly and in a sustainable manner.

How much steel comes from Europe? Its weaker than ever right now

It's bad idea to prop up a single industry. The corp tax cut is doing more for the economy than the steel and alumin tariff will do for the steel and alum manufacturing industry.

It will harm other industries by making the cost to produce items from metal higher. It will also make those companies get the finished metal product from over seas.

Ex:. Beer is sold in can from USA aluminum. The can maker now has to pay more for Aluminum, causing the price of cans to go up. Beer companies will instead buy cans made in mexico. The tarrif is on the metal insdustry, not on imported finished metal products.

I'm usually on Trump side, but on this... I disagree. Its not free market. Btw: we prop up many industries: sugar, corn, jews. We need to stop.

pic not releated.

I think crude oil running out is more of an issue than global debt

Get fucked chinese horseshit.

The days of machining ingots only to find shitty voids are over.

>I'm usually on Trump side, but on this... I disagree.

Well hopefully Trump can bring back your industry and be self sufficient again and maybe in the future you can tackle the rest of the problems.

I'm a big trump supporter. But Trump is annoying me with his refusal to shrink government. He wants to do everything to help the people except shrink government. Sure he cut taxes. But he didn't cut any major government spending. If trump wants steel companies to compete, just start slashing government. Creating a tariff will only increase costs and reduce jobs somewhere else in country

nobody cares . nobody gives a shit .

bloodyshovel.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/biological-leninism/

CHINA IS LIKE THE 8TH LARGEST STEEL IMPORTER, THIS TARIFF IS TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE AGAINST CHINA.

The crude running out meme is just a tactic to keep oil prices high.

The reality is that crude will never run out. In the USA alone your government keeps a stockpile to keep the country running for a decade if war is to break out and supply lines are cut.

I work in the petroleum industry and can tell you that there is so much fucking petroleum around the world, it is not and never will be an issue. I am not even kidding when I tell you that the true price of a barrel of petroleum would be around 1$ US if they didn't artificially inflate the price by using

In Venezuela, you could buy a fucking gallon of gas for something stupid like 10 cents US.

>t. Ben Shapiro

Common tactic: you have 10 platforms operating in an oil field. When the price of oil drops (say a war is over)...the companies ring up the platforms and tell them to shut down 8....price of oil just went up LOL

It is fucking retarded and a real scam on the people and prices of goods (fuel costs for transport for example affects the price of good in stores).

White nations Autarky zone when?

more like
>You take our steel, we're gonna show you how much steel us Canucks really can take in our asses (A LOT)

>CITAC
Looks like a literal nobody. Google search leads me to a non-functioning website and articles dating no later than 2013.

The whole us STEEL manufacturing is dead us a meme, production has only declined 20% in the last 20 years. Other industry was hit much harder, STEEL is what Trump picked because he has a 1958 understanding of our economy. STEEL = stronkk country herp derp.

We'll let the market decide, the US will be the one crying if China's steel industry grows

>the main leverage they have is TRILLIONS IN US DEBT.
>the China owns the US meme
It's 1.5 trillion
Also
> foreign debt of China, by June 2015, stood at around US$ 1.68 trillion
>80% is to the US
Nice try Wang Lo

from what i hear it probably won't happen but if it does then the cost of steel will go up about 2 cents from 8 to 10. steel stock has already risen on speculation about 5%. whether this is a good thing or not time will tell

The entire Steel industry in the USA was fucked in the ass by Clinton the cunt. He literally chopped off a leg and then an arm, let the entire industry get behind AND let the infrastructure collapse to favor the Chinese. This guy literally shut shit down to prop up China.

He was a wicked cunt but americans loved him cause he could play the saxophone. The establishment wanted him out so fucking bad that they went with the blowjob story in order to get him the fuck out of office.

Let us not even get into the entire Mena shitshow...he should have been executed as a traitor and so should Hillary.

>venezuela not a shining example of success.

Peak oil pertained to easy supply. There are other ways to extract: but they are more expensive and harder to get and often is not light and sweet. Fracking is cheaper than Offshore, but offshore can produce for years once set.

What do you do in the oil field? I myselft played the futures market when oil was 150 a barrel.

>I disagree

What a fucking shill

The stock in our steel producers went up

>trying to shill about steel tariff.
>Asks questions about people's feelings.
>surprised when people ridicule them and tell them to kill themselves.

You're getting worse.

This, all of this

you tell me, i work for a canadian factory that performs tapping,drilling,slotting, and other various tasks for steel parts that are contracted for Jeep.
i just got home from work a few hours ago and saw this on t.v.

This. Chinese """""""steel"""""" is so subpar that not only is it filled with unsightly voids/air pockets/imperfections, it can't even be used as rebar or for support, even if it's encased in hard concrete. It's pig iron mixed with filler and could barely be classified as steel. Not even sure if you could melt it down and be able to extract at least 75% of good material. Chink and Poo metals are shit quality.

rundown on what Clinton did?

I work engineering for gov contracts type shit (DOD stuff). We pretty much have to buy American steel already (FAR Clause / buy america act). Nothing will change on the DOD side, but this could effect commercial work significantly. But I think it is good for the Country. We have been subsidizing shit tier countries and getting shit tier steel (pot steel) to build stuff.

Remember when everything was built in America (1950's).... shit was good. That is why a lot of old stuff is still around today (look at old craftsman type tools. fucking legendary)

yea im sure the country that harvests millions of peoples organs is going to be benevolent. Damn monkeypeople are retarded

Based Brazilian right there

So you're saying we use american steel on american projects and employ american citizens to build them? Sounds good to me.

Other countries tariff all the time they are just mad the us is actually combating their bullshit

Petroleum engineer in the beginning and now I work with platform operations.

The reality of the matter is more simple than they let on. The petroleum market as you know is a rigged game. Fracking is also unnecessary as plentiful supplies of top grade oil are so plentiful that is 10% of the rigs operated at peak performance, the entire market would crash.

In my opinion, it is more profitable to play an artificial price game then it is to be efficient.
Profit over efficiency is what turned the entire industry into a shit show. They have so many idle platforms in a given oil field that it is a fucking joke.

Example: If you have 30 platforms set up and ready to pump, they rarely have more than 3 or 4 operating and of those operating, they are at 30-50% capacity.
It is a big fucking game.

this fucking leaf is god damned stupid
i used to work at a recycling plant and the only way the place made any money was with government (public taxes) donations, and we literally stripped down precious parts from computers and CRTs and shipped it all to china for almost no profit.

I am not even American and I fucking hate the Clintons with a passion. They caused more shit in their lifetime than 10 dictators could.

>user suddenly loves globalism

One more thing. Steel tariffs up. Means war is coming.
Also I don’t know what’s more beneficial in your opinion. Tariffs to protect domestic business / consumers or free flow of cheap goods that benefit country or origin and importer dealer.
China especially, are guilty of dumping (under cutting domestic and foreign importers of higher quality goods to gain market share by running others out of business) for many many food products. As a result your food is dangerous to consume and not cheaper either since the distributor is benefiting the most money out of this deal.
I think there needs to be protectionism policy but also there needs to be domestic law changes to help restart or revitalize these sectors.

We export steel to Australian companies in the US that employ many US citizens.

Tariff is stupid if it applies to Australia.

Also buy our fucking iron ore if you want to restart your steel industry. That's all we ask.

Dude...he fucking sold out America to the Chinese. Gave them top secret info on EVERYTHING...sold out every single industry that they were trying to establish. They basically made sure that China would grow in leaps and bounds and gave them the keys to the kingdom.
The only reason why China is even in the super power run at the moment is because of the Clintons.

They sold every fucking military secret you guys had to the Chinese. Hillary was his little gnome...she is such a greedy cunt that she probably sold info on your nuclear sites for a chocolate bar....not even a good chocolate at that.

The Clintons basically gave China the military and industrial advantage over the fucking AMERICAS..the whole fucking lot.

It hurts consumers in the long run. It benefits producers of steel and those who work for them

fucking 12 year old newfag reddit piece of shit kys