All Might is the No.1 hero, right, but is he the No.1 hero in the world or only in Japan...

All Might is the No.1 hero, right, but is he the No.1 hero in the world or only in Japan? Don't they say that America is the "Home of Heros" or something?

That seems to imply despite the power level of All for One and One for All it's probably big fish in a small pond on an international scale.

Who would be the top hero in your country?

All Might is American.

Donno if this is a meme or not, but no he isn't. He is Japanese (born in Tokyo) and takes an American motif for his outfits and attacks as an homage to 'America, The Home of Heroes'

#1 only in Japan.

So does that mean America has infinitely more fuck off heroes and villains?

Why have we not heard about any international Heroes? Surely their feats are amazing and would be on TV in Japan too?

NIPPON #1 NO ONE ELSE MATTERS

>BNHA Japan is set in a futuristic version of isolationist Japan

The top hero of USA is Ken-sama

That's what's implied with it being the home of heroes.

Because the story is about a young Japanese boy who becomes the greatest hero of Japan for a Japanese Magazine intended for young boys.

But I guess what I'm getting at is the possibility of international level arcs. Possibly post-time skip, possibly post Deku being #1 in Japan, etc.

Or even the possibility of international heroes showing up in Japan to stop a super-villain that could threaten the world and so on.

>why have we not heard about any international Heroes?
Why would we? It's not like they matter in japan. It's just like that joke about Superman closing his eyes whenever he flies above africa.
Moreover, if he does make one intervene later one, it leaves room for Horikoshi to redesign and work on them as much as he wants.

Dunno if he is the No. 1 hero in the world but when he resigned as a pro hero, the American hero society was shocked at his resignation so he must've been pretty strong on the world scale at least.

Mr. Incredible

I hope America is stuck in a futuristic 1950s in BnHA too

Well Deku is a superfan of all heroes and seems to watch and document everyone, and yet I don't think he has ever even mentioned international heroes at all.

He's an All Might otaku, what do you expect?

He mostly documents the heroes and the abilities he sees in person and on TV.

>greatest hero of Japan
please dont let this information get out, faggots might turn this into DBZ

Right but I'm guessing that interntaional stories would show up on TV and Deku would be the kind of person to seek them out.

Don't get me wrong, I know why they don't show up in the story. It would mess with the scope and set international character designs in stone and would take a lot of effort for little benefit.

But I'm just hoping for a future arc w/ an International scale, or a least some kickass Heros at the top level internationally.

America's greatest hero is Cletus with his double-barrelled shotgun. His quirk is his body naturally producing moonshine.

Naturally, Japan wouldn't stand a chance

Fuck off with your diversity faggot

International level arcs do have potential, but I doubt Hori would go that far to keep the power scale just as good as it is with just Japan.

America is probably on DC/Marvel's power scaling.

I always interpreted the "Home of Heroes" thing to mean America is celebrated for essentially designing the model heroes use to operate with it's long history of hero comics and media.

The best heroes are in Japan because it's a manga made in Japan about Japan. Alternatively it's because All Might is Japanese and lives in Japan, so the main heroes striving to beat him are in Japan.

Oh, I'm sure it could stay in Japan for many many seasons. But once Deku is the best in Japan where to next? Might as well go international. Especially since they've actually mentioned America.

The hero ranking we know of is just for Japan, each country has their own billboard rankings.

The first chapter showed DC heroes, Hori can't include them in the story, he just put them there to tell you how his universe is, and to tell you that there wont be any hero stories outside japan.

It depends on what Hori wants to do after Deku is the best, normally you would end the story right after that to not get into the scaling Problem Dragon Ball and Naruto had with their second halves.

Wait what, did it?

Even if this is the future, I doubt Japan would change their xenophobic ways and would just highlight their own blood.

We COULD get a field trip to America at some point, but I'm not holding my breath, it'd take alot of effort like you said.

Source?

Well, the scaling seems to be pretty good right now. And even at All Might level (which it seems Deku won't ever reach on his own, it looks likely that his 'Best hero' story will involve a lot of cooperation) there is still a lot of space to improve without there being power scaling bullshit.

Also they seem to be taking a more Hunter x Hunter style "interesting powers" approach rather than a "stronger and stronger abilities" approach. I mean fuck look at Mineta.

That kind of power design stands up a lot better to story extension.

Yes, here's a spiderman silhouette and in the back I think that's superman, dunno not big on comics.

I don't think that was a legit example considering Devilman and a Kamen Rider were there.

His Ass

Given that it says "Dreams" become "reality" I think those silhouettes are supposed to be the dreams part (ie. the fictional characters of spiderman, ultraman, etc)

The manga.

Also Wolverine in the back.

I hold the headcanon that America has the strongest heroes, because muh patriotism, super hero culture, and individual liberties.

That's not really headcanon, All Might is clearly a westaboo on that regard.

The absolute state of

My headcannon is that every country's top is probably around about the same level, but America is just seen as the cultural home of superheroes.

Then again the difference between All Might and Endeavour is fucking HUGE according to the stat page, so maybe All Might really is the strongest and the strongest of other countries are only around Endeavour level (which is no joke but also not All might level).

Deku is supposed to surpass All Might's level due to the nature of how OFA's stockpiling nature works and him being the greatest hero.

He'll obviously have help, but he has to end up the strongest somehow.

Hori grew up reading Jump and had two series in it beforehand, he's probably aware the One Piece/Hunter x Hunter approach to abilities works better than the basis of later Dragon Ball, it screwed over Naruto and Bleach.

the top hero in america is tony hawk

If Hori wants to keep things consistent with each country, then that headcanon probably should be canon to not fuck with scaling if he does do a future arc outside of Japan.

That can't be the case unless Hori wants to show Nippon Pride, and considering he's a westaboo, America probably has stronger heroes.

In any case, I'd say that America definitely has the strongest vigilantes. They probably also outright kill villains, too. However, you're probably not considered a 'villain' in The States if you just use your quirk publicly in an 'unauthorized' manner.

If there's ever an out-of-jaoan arc I hope it's something like a month long school trip where the kids get to train with America's top 10.

But isn't that Kenichi Smith?

I would imagine that each country has a top 10 but Allmight is considered #1 in every country.

>Deku is supposed to surpass All Might's level due to the nature of how OFA's stockpiling nature works and him being the greatest hero.
The reason why I think this won't be the case is simply due to the issue of Deku's body. I'm not saying the stockpiling power won't allow Deku to have a higher upper limit, but in general terms I don't see him being the solo powerhouse that All Might was.

Crawler best hero.

Maybe America is literally Tiger & Bunny.

Full Cowl is the way to see how far Deku can handle OFA, if he can never handle 100%, how far do you think he'll reach?

50 or 75%?

This is what i was thinking, especially if its a japanese interpretation of america its probably wild west style were the villians arent exactly evil and they all get the rope/electric chair in the end.

Dumb speedo frogshit, he is the #1 hero in japan, in the world no one fucking knows.

Personally I don't quite understand full cowl. Full Cowl 100% (or whatever amount of power is equivalent to the last iteration) would literally be the same as All Might using his power like usual, right? So why is holding back actually a special ability?

In any case I don't know if he'll ever reach 100%, but I feel like he won't (or if he does it will be in some non-standard manner) because that is sort of the whole point of Deku doing this whole 'making the power mine' thing. The whole point is that he body cannot hold the power like All Might can. And even All Might's case it seems to be a special case among OFA users, I think it was mentioned that he was especially capable of holding the power right from the start. So I don't see him becoming an All Might level power house.

He is too analytical and cooperation based to turn into a superman.

What would America's greatest hero's quirk be?

Huh? In stereotypical Westerns, the bad guys are nearly always mustache-twirling evil, kidnapping/raping women, shooting cops, robbing people, etc. Unlike in Nip land where people like Koichi are 'villains' technically. What I'm saying is that it's probably considered harder in a sense to be considered a villain in America, and if you are you'd better hope the heroes take you down rather than a vigilante, who'd probably ice you on the spot.

I'm not saying your wrong, but being born in Tokyo doesn't mean he isn't American. There are military bases in Tokyo (Yokota air Base, the army base in Zama), and there are plenty of Americans living in Tokyo who aren't military. Fuck, I'm an American living in Tokyo - if I have a kid they will still be American because of birthright (if I register their birth with the embassy and get them a passport).

I think your explanation makes sense, I just don't think your reasoning is a very good argument.

It's explained really shittly what the difference between full cowl and just all might at his regular.

Ahh yes, the guy that speaks japanese and has literally the most stereotypical engrish is American.

Stop self inserting.

It would be cool to see UA compete with the top school in the US

You've got a good point, and I'm hoping it gets saved for a future arc after he gets his powers under control. Kinda like in Hunter x Hunter, Gon finds his dad but then suddenly the whole world is opened up to him and it's explained about what lies outside of their continent and then the whole dark continent arc starts.

It provides room so that when he can control his quirk and become like All Might, there could be heroes in America who may or may not be stronger than him still. They said before that heroes in America aren't registered, so it wouldn't make sense for one of them to be number one above All Might and be known if they're not registered.

Think of Full Cowl like Kaio-ken, if Deku goes beyond what he can handle, it causes damage internally. Like what happened with Stain.

OFA 100% for Deku isn't All Might's full power, he could surpass it in the future, but right now it's not even close.

I think he'll reach it because that is still making his the power his by training himself to get his body to that point.

All Might was only a special case because the only thing going for him was his /fit/ body and the fact that he lived the longest and was the latest one.

Deku's clearly meant to channel Spidey so he definitely won't be Superman. Not that Hori likes Superman anyway.

Dr. Manhattan's powers

All Might is like a crazy hybrid of the image of superman, the values of Captain America, and the presence of Batman

Some Americans can speak more than one language, and if he grew up in Tokyo then he doesn't necessarily understand English.

All Might said the Symbol of Peace is basically a hybrid of what Superman and Batman represent, so you're right.

He literally states how he just had an affinity for American culture in like the first goddamn episode

What about a Student Exchange program to America between Third Semester First Year in January, and Second Semester Second Year in September. (Second Semester of American Sophmore Year, and Summer Vacation)

>Deku goes abroad with the Class 1-B guys we don't know quirks of, so we explore their characters, get some down time from an inevitably catastrophic Christmas break, maybe Deku has to go away for a while anyway due to his personal safety in danger, he's returned to the odd one out in relationships and the group dynamics are changed, so we get more breathing room, and Class 1B had this planned anyway for a power boost
>we have nine guys in Class 1B we still don't know the powers of, and with Deku it makes ten
>More waifus to explore
>it avoids the repeating arcs tunnage of exploring three years of college
>Only TWO Sports Festivals, one for when they started, and how they've matured in the third year, so tournament arcs aren't gobbling up everything, and Deku's got a complicated relationship with Class 1-B now that he knows them better and has to work against them
>Only TWO Valentines to plow through, so relationship drama is kept low
>the heroes who haven't gotten a character arc yet have time to cool off and grow, and the ones that have can apply their growth over our time absent of them
>we get to see American westaboo exploration of our culture in the perspective of a western writer applying superhero logic, as well as a comfy exploration of hero culture abroad
The engrish. The delicious, delicious engrish from the dubs.

But in a sense Full Cowl isn't a power up like Kaio-ken; it's a power down.

All Might is essentially using 100% of OFA across his whole body all the time right? I mean we definitely don't really get the kind of 'using OFA in my finger' type scenes with All Might like we do Deku, so I'm guessing it's basically always on all over his body. Whether one attack is stronger than the other is just upto whether he punches harder or not, just like you or I could punch harder or not. It doesn't have much to do with 'channeling OFA'.

So how is that different to something like Full Cowl 100% (or whatever the equivalent percent is)? Full Cowl 5% is literally just him holding back and only using 5% of his power.

All Might's final battle and retirement made international headlines, even the yanks were shocked

So he was still a huge deal

>Who would be the top hero in your country?

If AfO is Japan's biggest villain, then what's America's biggest villain like?

Citizens' arrests are probably a bigger thing in the states. But to counter vigilantes, there's probably a law that says you can't do it in costume with a hero name (heroes, like guns, probably need to be registered at the state level).

Because of that, There's probably more colorful joggingwear to emulate it, and I bet there's at least one restaurant chain with regular costume nights, so someone who wants to vigilante could just say they came from there and coincidentally "saw" the villain they stopped.

>>More waifus to explore
I like this idea.

But lets make it that America (or at least the school he goes to) is super strict militaristic and combat hero focused.

politicians

This is a mostly stupid idea but it would be dumb if the only 1-A student is Deku.

Quirkless Lex Luthor style villain when?

>born in Tokyo
>speak japanese
>can't speak english better than the average nip
>h-he must be Americam guys

Again, stop self inserting.

AfO had control over Japan, but America's way too fucking big for that to ever work stateside. I could see someone taking over Commiefornia, though.

There'd have to be TONS of different villain groups allied with one another to have the entire country on lockdown. And even then, good fucking luck wrangling the south and the midwest.

I'm hoping that they're basically the Dark Knight version of Bane. The big one.

This big muscled dude who doesn't have much going for him other then being a really good fighter, /fit/ as fuck, and having leadership skills. Maybe he's even quirkless.

>There's just several factions of gangs
>Al Capone style for the Midwest

It's not really a power-down, it works the same way because Deku is boosting himself with OFA using a multiplier of how much he can handle.

Yeah, but he also mastered using the power from the beginning and was a perfect fit for it thanks to his body.

Deku was barely a tolerable vessel for it. Using OFA in his finger was smart of him to do based on the way All Might told him how to use the power at the time.

Channeling OFA is the only way Deku can use it right now though until he can use all of it completely.

What you guys are forgetting is that he worked in Roppongi for the longest time. Roppongi is one of the gaijin hubs in Tokyo.

At most, I'd place him as a haafu like Pony and Aoyama, though. He went to a Japanese middle school and has a Japanese name, so can't be a total foreigner.

I think Izuku is gonna learn to fly at some point

Why?

Every semester we're exploring three students in separate arcs.

First semester was Bakugou, Iida and Todoroki.
This semester it's Kirishima, probably Aoyama, and a third guy.

Excluding Deku, and the traitor, that leaves 18 people, or six semesters. We're going through four now, that leaves two until Christmas, and 12 for the next semesters. However, with the pace we have, that means by the end of Second Year, character arcs will basically be done. That's three semesters of downtime, and who knows how many chapters. This trims it down so we can have a tighter time to explore 1-A members and conclude their arcs for the end of high school. Trying to throw the growth of another 1A student in here is going to drag things out, and it also leaves us room to explore their rivals more thoroughly.

>Fly
>Not Jump good

But what I'm getting at is a hypothetical Full Cowl 100% Deku is essentially "Using OFA like normal" or "like All Might uses it".

When are we going to see more noumu?
I loved those guys.

It's more like the inverse of the "special beam cannon" where instead bringing all of his charge to his fingers he spreads it out

>not falling with style

>They visit the American South
>Get captured by Neo-Confederates
>"Look wut I caught, fellers...MEXICANS!"

>confusing well composed Italians for Mexicans boarder hoppers

Bear Arms

Oh, I see now, apologies.

Yeah, by that point he's completely gotten used to it. And when you consider the fact that 100% for him right now is weaker than All Might and OFA making the next user stronger than the last, Full Cowl 100% when Deku is older might have the potential to be stronger than All Might at his prime.

It's a pity that so far, Hori has shown zero interest in worldbuilding outside of Japan. We know practically nothing about the world at large and how the hero system works in other countries or how Quirks have changed things.

Jump is still a Japanese Magazine user, Part 1-3 did well because they offered a view of things outside of the country, but Part 4 is Japan's favorite for a good reason.

Which student is going to die, get knocked braindead, or otherwise bite it?

Right I just don't get how Full Cowl is a special ability and not just him trying hard to not punch so hard. I guess it just seems that Deku's OFA works completely different to All Might's OFA.

The real question is how villain and hero situation is in Europe.Would it be like captain Britain, Captain Sweden, etc?