ITT: manga who you wish actually had faithful anime adaptations

Special mention goes to Negima

Too true.
I liked split personality murder yugi better than heart of the cards yugi.

Anime yugi only plays with children's playing cards,
Manga yugi killed a guy with nothing but his thumb.

>OVA covers Tokyo trip
>Anime covers Tokyo arc
>The actual town where they live
only shows up in flashbacks

This. The first anime censored shit to hell, added in a random filler character, and skipped a lot. Also looked like ass.

The second one added a shit ton of filler. Made Bakura less intimidating and removed all the games even from the chapters it covers except DDM and aged like milk.

>ywn see Yugi immolate a man animated.

You never read the manga did you? He never killed anyone, and he plays card games after a few dozen chapters like the anime. The only difference is the anime cut out the unpopular filler shit pre Duelist Kingdom

Enishi arc isn't a masterpiece but come on

Most people who read the manga only read what was in Shonen jump when it came out in America, which only covered the first fifty chapters or so until it went all stupid and they separated the series into things like Duelist and millennium World, which Shonen Jump skipped. They literally dont know chapters 50-343 exist.

>blue haired best girl has brown hair there

Yeah you've got me at negima, its stupid how they didnt push for the festival with how much hype it had

>filler shit before duelist kingdom
Are you retarded?

He does kill.
He set one man on fire, and played exploding air hockey with another.
Those were the lucky ones.

But the early, pre card game yugioh DOES have an anime adaptation!

Both adaptations are unfaithful and look like ass. I want a faithful adaptation of the whole manga.

Let's face it. No-one would want a faithful adaptation of Fuuka.

How the FUCK has anybody not posted Gash Bell yet?

The Faudo arc in the manga is potentially the single greatest arc in any battle shonen ever, and the anime fucking butchers it

:(

It's a LN, but still.

fujos get out

>Fuuka
user, both of those were from Kimi.

Had the anime been a faithful adaptation, Elfen Lied would have been a hilarious ride instead of just unironic edgy trash.

the new seasson with terriermon so just awful

Hmmm... no.

The only thing the anime did better than the manga is that at least Lucy got to kiss Kouta.

Amime adaptation of Parallel Paradise is all we need.

Original yugioh is shit though.

I don't have a problem with the fujos, but the manga alone was shit. It started strong, standing aside from all the other shonen, having comedy without going full Gintama.
Until Amano or editor san forced it to be a full battle shonen and the most generic one, losing all it's charm.
So the anime although unfaithfull it wasn't as bad.

This is a blue board, user.

Both adaptations are shit. Retards ITT are thinking that people only want a "faithful" S0 adaptation without realizing that DM was fucked too with QUALITY and shit filler arcs that take up more than 39% of the total episode count.

I wish the card thing wasn't shoehorned into the plot literally out of nowhere

I would've been a more interesting series if they explored the Jeykll/Hyde dynamic more

I know. While it is a low bar to surpass, I feel like adapting the later LNs would have yielded much better results.

Well, this is Young Magazine series, so there is no problem.

Even in the card games part there's a lot of stuff changed for the anime. Things like kaiba saving joey after the joey vs yugi duel and the ventriloquist.

Thanks to that shit adaptation now we have an excellent card game.

Gotta sell that merch if you want an anime.

That puppet was weird but I guess it's better than a gay clown and Kaiba hacking bullshit

The man set himself on fire because he couldn't hold his hand steady and the other guy hi the puck with the dynamite in it

The card game's shit though.

There's a reality where a Battle Angel Alita movie is held up alongside Akira and Ghost in the Shell as the holy trinity of cyberpunk anime films.

Neither of them died.

>gay clown

EPIC YGOTAS reference, sir

The anime and manga are leagues apart

rodeaux dies like a nameless minion in the anime, while in the manga he is easily on the top 5 of the most beautiful deaths.

I guess they didn't show the corpse.
Still, my point was that he wasn't a generic dogooder and fucked people up

He cought on fire due to some impossibly high alcohol content.
Still cooler than watching life points tick down

Keroro Gunsou/Sgt.Frog.

I'm kind of ambivalent on it. I don't think it'd be worth it to reanimate everything just to fit what was removed by the original anime, but there's great stuff that ended up cut for no reason in the early volumes, from humorous jokes to actual story relevant chapters and scenes.

Maybe just the specific points that were ignored or really messed up by the original anime. It's fairly episodic, so there's a lot they could skip, or include only the skipped parts (there was an episode in the 7th season of the anime that pretty much did that, including some scenes from the original manga beach chapter that were removed in the original tv adaptation, even though the story was mostly original outside of them).

Was about to post this, honestly such a fucking waste. Ending is what the fuck but the first "season" of manga is solid af and would make a great 26 ep series. Shame it was only popular overseas.

It would be nice to have the last half or whatever it was of Soul Eater animated. There's been talk of a new Rurouni Kenshin anime but I don't know much about it but I'd like the last arc of it to be animated. Patlabor's manga is probably never going to be fully translated so having anime of it (the existing anime is very similar at least at the beginning but apparently diverges later) would be nice.

Im really really mad the last DM arc wasnt faithful to the manga
They celebrated the 20 anniversary with a good movie but it would have been better to animate the last arc again

Toriko

Because the series was terrible.

Even if the guy being lit on fire somehow didn't kill him, yugi also electrocuted a gang.

It was better than the Kyoto arc

I'm not a big fan of RuroKen, but Jinchuu was one of the worst conclusion arcs I've ever read. Since I'm already talking about RuroKen, may as well say how overrated Tsuyoku-hen is

>muh no plot jojo gangster-of-the-week is better because more edge, yami such a bad nigga haha it's better because edge!!
baka every time I hear this opinion, the manga was alright but in this case the popular adaptation has a lot going for it

Man the Jojo anime really brought out a lot of butthurt people.

Explain yourself

Henlo

Is Ruroken the only manga you've read? The Jinchuu arc is great. I can't name a shounen manga that ended on its best arc. I actually haven't seen the OVA so I can't comment on that. It managed to make a small personal conflict feel just as important as Kenshin fighting to save Japan. The kaoru fake-out death was pretty dumb though.

easy

overrated shit, it wont change noffing. those dark memes arent many chapters

>He never killed anyone

Speedreader confirmed reread the chapter with the stun gun using gang.

But they showed up again. With yoyos.

Fucking this.

>I need muh 100 chapter story arcs because I watch DBZ as a 10 year old

Read the thread dumbass. It's not even just the beginning I want but the whole thing.

DM anime > manga. Card game was the best thing to happen to the series.

I liked some changes in the anime, but adaptation compression was still too much; the anime covered chapters 35 through 90 (with the first episode covering even earlier chapters) into 12 episodes.

The people I spoke to this about didn't like that Taroumaru was part of the story, but it gave me feels, man.

I really liked the anime adaption

I just like them both.

I dropped it when the art became incomprehensible

>DM anime > manga.

Legit wrong. Read the manga faggot.

Never ever ;_;

GUNNM, LAST ORDER and MARS CHRONICLES