When did you realized abiotic oil is true and we will never run out of oil?

Other urls found in this thread:

globalnation.inquirer.net/9079/philippines-eyes-methane-gas-deposits-off-isabela-aurora
science20.com/news_articles/peak_oil_not_if_deep_earth_hydrocarbon_theory_true
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane_clathrate
qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f36943a5356da71b480e8e4d896899ae-c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That doesn't mean people won't kill over oil, though.
They'll just get to do it for longer.

>When did you realize
Just now. When you asked when did you realize

When I was 16 or 17.

I realize that quebeckers are cucked to the death
We pay more than anyone 1.25/l just today

I always had my doubts about the origin of geological hydrocarbons, simply based on volume alone.

95 octane? We give ~10dkk for that (about 2,1 CAD)

Cool, so we can pump enough carbon into our atmosphere to have run-away global warming and become like Venus with a 1000 degree surface temperature.

When I read that oil fields were replenishing faster than they were being drilled, and woke up to the fact that "fossil fuel" and "decomposed dinosaurs" have nothing to do with oil whatsoever. There's oil in the earth as there is gold and water and iron in the earth.

You're afraid of plant food.

1,25? You call that much? Thats what we pay for diesel and not in monopoly money

Plants will just absorb the CO2.

Aye, but you both have to separate out the costs from the taxes per liter.

It's like their mothers never read "Chicken Little" to them.

No, the moon's tidal pull prevents the Earth's atmosphere from getting thick enough to cause a greenhouse effect.

Dinosaurs are birds. Check out my previous threads.

I have no idea what you're referring to. Nice trips by the way.

Are you kidding? A Dane wrote it!

Do people actually believe these vast oil fields are the carbonized remains of plant and animal matter? How retarded.

carbon dioxide is not a thermal insulator. Its a few percentage points more insulative than oxygen and nitrogen.

The only cucks I am comparing myself to are my fellow anglo canadians

>not recognizing proxy shill

Who on earth would pretend to be a Dane?

I've heard the story, not that I was old enough to get the message (or remember the name).
My post was made based on observations I've made and been shown as an adult.

Which process creates oil and how long does it take in nature?

**BIG BWAIN**

I think the theory is that in shale rock it can be made under high pressures.
Methane is natural see Titan's atmosphere.
Under pressure with water you can partially oxidize and link chains to form larger hydrocarbons.
Smaller hydrocarbons are FAR more likely to seep up under pressure than longer ones.
Where it is open to the air the methane and other gasses will leak into atmosphere.
Most hydrocarbons will either be eaten (if local life can digest) or slowly oxidize into CO2 and H2O.
Heavier chains exposed to Oxygen will also oxidize over time, but they will also seep out less and would need more pressure to be pushed up into the air anyways.
Certain rock formations/types of rocks are porous and allow for oil to pool in pockets or be collected in pockets made by drilling.
Fracking allows us to "push" oil out of porous formations giving greater yields economically.

Heat, pressure and decomposition of whatever lies there.

We don't know but whatever process it is it's quick enough to satisfy all our uses so far and then some. Hence plunging prices

austriabro, thats what you learn in 7th grade...

never running out of oil is the only thing worse than running out of oil

>Which process creates oil and how long does it take in nature?
Everything. It's a byprocess of life.

Yeah there's infinite cockroachs inside the earth eating whatever and then their dead bodies compressed become oil and eventually the entire earth would convert itself to oil if no other factors.
Alternatively, calculate the volume of the earth, then calculate what percent of it would have to be oil for it to even be possible for us to find it. So like, if oil was some miniscule amount of the Earth's volume, then we'd have an impossible time finding it.
Given the amount that we do find, Oil must be a significant amount of the Earth's volume, at LEAST something like 0.001% of the Earth's volume must be oil, abiotic or not.
And even that tiny a percent of the earth's volume is a ridiculous amount of oil, since the world only uses a few cubic miles of oil per year, at that rate and at that volume we have enough oil for thousands more years.

Basic math and probability proves there is no oil scarcity. But the problem is that capitalism, the math of it, the justification of all its policies, really doesn't work UNLESS THERE IS SCARCITY. And when we gain the tech to eliminate scarcity of oil by making more of it more accessible, then the market system of capitalism has to be artificially propped up and manipulated to stay in business.

Also remember that people have incentive to underestimate oil supplies since that affects land valuations.
If you want to buy oil land from some dumb family you pay your expert to tell them there's less oil there than there really is.
And once you own the land the continue lowballing that number as much as you can to keep property values and taxes low to maximize profits as long as possible.
We only use like 2 cubic miles of oil a year. Compare that to the volume of the earth and you'll see that if even a minute percent of the earth's volume were oil then we'd have oil for thousands more years at a minimum.
"Oil is scarce" lets the oil industry charge higher prices and reduce their property values. And the left copies that same argument to justify their police to take power away from the oil industry.

You retards just cant quit can you? Global warming. Please. According to AlGore there was no more Arctic ice 10 years ago or whatever.

>Do people actually believe these vast oil fields are the carbonized remains of plant and animal matter? How retarded.
That might be true if the earth is full of vast amounts of tiny life like cockroachs that survive anywhere and reproduce endlessly.

One time they lowered it to 95 cents back when the economical lid was removed a year ago.
It slowly crept back up without anyone noticing, fuck oligopoles.

Cool, no, really but I still want a working fusion reactor.

This is an old story going back some 20 years. There actually are some theoretical possibilities of an abiotic origin for petroleum. One is that in the deep ocean methane is a solid and fishermen regularly pull these curiosities up in their nets. You can find vids on Jewtube. They are bluish white chunks of pure, solid methane. So if Techtonic Plate theory is true it is conceivable that methane could be subducted and subjected to the pressure and temperature to polymerize methane. Another possibility is look at the fusion reactions in the earth’s core. There are “methane plumes” in certain zones, IIRC. I am not a physicist or a geologist so I cant remember the details but it seems conceivable.

See, there is a possibility that petroleum is the byproduct of a huge, natural fusion reactor. So, like a hydrogen powered car would be really using hydrogen as a sort of battery just like an electric car, a petroleum car would be, as well.

This would be great because it would put upside down another "scientific" dogma that's been taken for granted for decades, if not centuries.
What other alternative theories will be vindicated?

Fishermen shouldn't be able to fish up "pure solid methane". That doesn't make any sense.

I'm OK with this. Once that happens we'll start mining Tibanna Gas.

But they do. Like I say you can find vids of them with it. It is solid at the depths they bring it up from and does turn to gas at standard pressure but it does so slowly enough they can bring it up and handle it.

Considering synthetic oils are made from natural gas, I'm sure the same thing occurs in the earth below naturally.

Just how deep waters do these guys fish, and is that really feasible?
Wouldn't sea creatures at such depths explode at atmospheric pressure?

You can be in over 600 feet of water just 20 miles offshore in North Carolina. I don’t fish offshore anymore but I regularly trolled for tuna in 600 feet of water and I know people who fish wrecks in deep water. You have to be really good to set up your drift to drop your bait hundreds of feet and get close enough to the wreck to get a bite without snagging it. These guys get their nets WAY deep to come up with solid methane.

oil from conventional sources as already peaked. be prepared for 200 dollar a barrel oil

Here. I just found this.

globalnation.inquirer.net/9079/philippines-eyes-methane-gas-deposits-off-isabela-aurora

You're retarded. A lot of CO2 is turned into oxygen by ocean algae, and increasing temperature will decrease the ocean's capacity to store oxygen, which will cause the oxygen producing algae to die.

>Nicely askes the UN for permission to have the area
>Not just sailing around with some warships projecting "this is ours" for a while

>increasing temperature
Why would temperature increase and why so much that algae literally becomes extinct instead of evolving?

It’s likely a lubricant of some sort produced by geological movements and pressure

The ideal that oil comes from dead dinosaurs is every bit as stupid as global warming and gender spectrums.

Checked and correct

So four years from now?

OIL FOR THE OIL GOD

When I learned about Titan. Probably 10 years ago.

See what I am saying? It IS there and it has been known about for decades. It very well could be part of a “carbon cycle” that includes petroleum. Personally I think the “byproduct of fusion” is a better theory but I have been told by smart people that ain’t possible. Of course, smart people have been wrong before.

who cares? we've already discovered better sources of energy

God will provide

While "smart people" are necessary, they are often overrated.

Check this one.

science20.com/news_articles/peak_oil_not_if_deep_earth_hydrocarbon_theory_true

What if oil is the grease of the earth and by removing it we are fucking up the tectonic plates, which then causes earthquakes.

I can't believe you actually truly honestly believe this fiction. they have to manipulate the raw data in order for there (((hypothesis))) to even work. you're such a fucking faggot clown, I don't pity your kind anymore. it has gone to full blown hatred and only because of my belief in God do I pray for you.

Most of that is taxes and government overcharge tough. Nothing to do with the market.

Just build proper houses.

So if we drill more we can get rid of San Francisco sooner? Drill, baby drill!

I believe in God, too but it has gotten to where I want to beat them with a pipe.

I feel ya brother.

gas is like $2 a gallon fucking hell

t. russian shill

If you pump out all of the oil will that cause the Oglala aquifer to collapse? Become polluted? I hope someone somewhere is looking at that.
Human activity is a fraction of annual CO2 release, most of it is from volcanoes and the oceans, not anthropogenic. If the greedy globalists try to convince WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE really wanted to address co2 emissions they would plant trees not tax people. Are you beginning to understand, useful idiot?

We pay $2/gallon so we pay something around $0.55 a liter

>fracking pushes the oild through the formation

Wrong dumbass, fracking FRACTURES the formation to allow oil to seep to the well

>~100 trillion barrels
And people still believe that it comes from fucking dinosaur corpses.

Plants is what it is.

>Venus

Not capitalism as a whole, but the oil industry.

No one believes it's literally dinosaurs. They believe it's plant matter, especially trees from the carboniferous period. When trees first evolved nothing could break down the tough lignin in the cells. It's what makes trees hard and tough but also prevents them from being broken down by bacteria. It took tens of millions of years before a fungus evolved which could break down lignin. So for 30-40 million years dead trees piled up and the only thing that could clear them away was fire. So we had massive planet wide forest fires that were burning piles of trees hundreds of meters deep. It left enormous deposits of hydrocarbons.

Methane is solid under pressure? Why wouldn't it decompress when pulled to the surface?

wtf

The stuff you're referring to is methane trapped in ice.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane_clathrate

It does but it is like dry ice. It takes a while.

if we found oil on mars would that be proof of past life or would it change out view of how oil is made, and thats its a breakdown of geological materials under heat and pressure.

I don’t think ice is solid at those pressures.

oil is the poop of the inner earth people, they eat rocks and poop oil and we pump it up.

Ice stays solid at several thousand feet underwater just fine.
qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f36943a5356da71b480e8e4d896899ae-c

When I worked with high ranking petro-engineers and studied the Kola bore hole.
Then I one upped it and wrote the carbanaceos chrondrite abiogenic theory.
Our oil comes from chrondrites not fossils.
I have also worked on CO2 sequstering of deep hydrate formations.
Shit you kids will never comprehend.

Nope. You are right. Hydrated methane lattice.

Things evolve when most of the population dies off. Maybe one mutant high temperature algae will survive and in a few centuries they will reproduce enough to stabilise the temperature again, but that will be long after humans died off

Several years ago

It does. Usually explodes into flames too.
Hydrate Methane is hard to control unless it is released slowly with CO2.
Hydrate is very dangerous.

>I realize that quebeckers are cucked to the death
>We pay more than anyone 1.25/l just today
Fucking frogs whining again. It's $1.50/l in Vancouver.

Oil isn't abiotic. But there's a hell of a lot more of it than people say.

It doesnt stop the theory from working, of course. Methane under intense pressure does form higher length hydrocarbons.

We can easily outpace the replenishment rate.

>tfw I literally just bought an electric car

Glad you approve

That may be true but that is FAR different than “there is an end” to it. The known reserves will take 500 years to use under the “there will never be more theory” so how much is there under “well, we were wrong there is more all the time”?