Idolmaster vs Love Live

Idolmaster vs Love Live

Which is a better anime?

WUG

I don't really care about the anime, but if we're talking solely about songs quality and diversity, then it'd look like this

Cinderella Girls > original im@s > power gap > Love Live > LL Sunshine

A true idol fan loves all franchises, appreciating the strengths of each.

Yamakan please

The anime rank the same way. LL has IMO the best designs but the shows stank.

Im@s is better in pretty much every possible way.

OG im@s is still GOAT

The Idolm@ster>Love Live>Love Live Sunshine>>>Shit>Cinderella Girls

Literally the shittiest taste possible. Off yourself.

I can say that Idolmasters blows away LL when it comes to idol stuff, there is no competition. I like LL mostly because of its warmer SoL cgdct appeal when they are not doing drama.

IM@S because LL girls are extremely bland and boring while IM@S girls have personalities and good designs. Aside from Yukiho, which has neither.

This. It's just that LL is bestest.

None.

Both shows are incredibly flawed. Idolmaster anime is a borefest that only has like 3 or 4 good episodes. Lovelive only has cheap SoL episodes and a terrible drama arc at the end of S1. If you defend any of those two anime adaptations then you are a complete fool (although that's pretty much the description of an idolfag).

Aikatsu and Pripara are the only good idol anime series because they have a really great balance of plot, sillyness and performances.
Tokyo 7th Sisters would have a great anime too, but it's never going to happen because they are poor as fuck

>Aikatsu and Pripara are the only good idol anime series because they have a really great balance of plot, sillyness and performances.
AKB0048 is just as good as Aikatsu. Way better than Stars.

I remember reading good things about some AKB manga too. I need to check those

The original Idolmaster anime is better than the original Love Live and Cinderella Girls anime but I still enjoy both LL and imas. Not everything has to be a competition for me.

LL S2 > imas > LL S1 > Cinderella Girls > LL Sunshine

LL S1 > LL S2/movie >>>> Im@s > LL sunshine

You definitely should. It has a little bit of everything, but its way too short.

Anybody got that one image comparing a scene from LL and one from Im@s about a performance not going well, the LL girls take it great but the Im@s girls are whiny bitches?

BanG Dream
Though none of these franchises are liked for the anime exactly.

Love Live (original) was the only one that was even kind of good. Sunshine was obviously just a shameless cash-grab, and both seasons of im@s were just shitty harem animes

For me, it's Love Live (not sunshine). It's the most pure and upbeat show I have ever seen. The characters and the story never fail to put me in a good mood. I'm serious about how pure it is, it would be almost perfect if they didn't make Nozomi into a booby monster. Though I feel like they only added elements like that because of pressure in the industry to have some ecchi stuff.

I am sure that whoever created it has a good heart.

im@s

I want to put LL S1 and S2 on the same tier, mostly because more happens in the second season and the ending is the perfect wrapup to the televised series, but overall agree with your ranking.

Love Live

This is the gayest post on Sup Forums right now, and there's a trap thread up. Also watch more anime.

im@s is shit

>newfags in this thread who don't appreciate the best Idoru anime ever

Never said it isn't.

older =/= better. this show was garbage. I almost dropped it, but I kept watching to see if it got better. It didn't

The Idolm@ster > Xenoglossia > Love Live > Love Live Sunshine > Cinderella Girls

not only that, but the writer of Love Live also wrote Strawberry Panic lol

I agree, I wish Nozomi would get ran over by a truck

Older it only aired...
6 years ago...
We've lived to long.

Yes. my Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu bluray box set only confirms this. This must be how our parents felt when they first started getting old

IM@S. Because shit fucking happens

Nothing from LL can top the moment Chihaya's smile was protected.

what a dumb episode

The acapella was pretty amazing

Love Live because it actually has memorable songs. im@s just has a bunch of junk mixed in with a few okay songs

CG all night long baby.

Idolm@ster Xenoglossia

>Sunshine was obviously just a shameless cash-grab
Season 2 better be good or I'm dropping the series and the girls.

I like them both, primarily because I just love idol music. But as said, LL seems to have better songs. I also prefer the character design for LL

I tried to get into LL but it's just so... fucking retarded.

love live is the evangelion of modern anime

design only goes so far when the LL girls are so badly written and devoid of any actual personality beyond UWAAAAAAAAAAA SPARKLE SPARKLE! IDOLRU!

iM@S for people who like idol anime.
LL for people who like comedy and entertainment in general.

sounds like the entire im@s cast haha

Is Idolmaster haremshit?

Not really

Love Live. Tried to sit through the original im@s, but it's so bad. No plot whatsoever, which I can deal with, I sat through Monster Musume, but im@s was too dumb. Thinking it was just a product of its time, I tried Cinderella Girls. Wasn't any better. Dropped

It's definitely structured like a harem anime, but as far as I know none of the retarded bimbos actually have sex with producer-san

I feel like no one would even be talking about im@s anymore if LL wasn't so big. Like the only people still in the im@s fanbase are just faggots trying to be contrarian because LL is so popular.

Bitch please

this
im@s would be dead if japs didn't have a tendency to get obsessed with shitty mobile RNG games. in fact it's the only thing carrying the franchise at this point

>Sunshine was obviously just a shameless cash-grab
Blame lovelive fans. The whole project was too scared of making Sunshine 100% unrelated to Muses because of how much the fans were sperging at the movie, so they made Sunshine a Muses circlejerking, which is also the reason why it sucks so much.

Fuck, Lovelivefans even spammed nicodouga's official upload of Aqours first live with comments like "bring Muses back", "muses is better" and other stuff even though Aqours was actually superior to Muses when it comes to live performances, to the point of Lantis actually having to moderate the comments and start deleting the majority of them. I don't know if they did the same to the Youtube upload, but I do remember seeing Musefags sperging there too

This is one of the reasons why I hate the lovelive fanbase so much

But, just going by the Sunshine project, Muse was better. Sunshine has no soul, just feels like a Muse ripoff. Which, as you said, is probably due to the fanbase.

The whole Lovelive project is souless if you compare it to literally any other idol franchise

Can you spot differences between shit and crap?
I cant either

had more soul than haremshit im@s

that's not saying much. the industry is plagued with harem and ecchi shit because they want to appeal to their fat permavirgin target audience. just ruins the quality of the shows

salty im@sfag spotted

both series, OG and Cinderalla Thots, were about as soulless as they come

>Thots
LLfags, everyone.

CG s1 > imas > CG s2 >>>> trash >> Mio drama >>>> LL

he's right though

*she

*I'm

LL > LL S2 > LL Movie > Cinderella Girls > Sunshine > im@s

show tiddy

LL (not sunshine) because it has better songs and characters that I actually feel like I'm supposed to care about. Also, an actual story. Wow

Nop.
>Salty imasfag
Nop, I was a lovelivefag and I feel nothing but remorse for buying lots of their singles. Sold all of them, I have only this one left

Lovelive is complete trash

idolm@ster is only good for the doujin. actual franchise is trash

>calling anything soulless
>sunshine
all opinions, previous and future, immediately discarded hahahahaha

Cut your nails

it has some pretty godly fetish art too. should've just made it a hentai because the show is bad (at least Cinderella Girls is, haven't seen the original yet)

>Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu

I bet you're a walking shitpost irl, faggot.

In my opinion, that would make imas the more adaptive (and therefore successful) franchise. They were able to, whether by actual marketing or pure coincidence, read the market and adjust their franchise in the direction that would both please the majority of their fans and make them the most money versus time/effort invested.

Meanwhile, LL has made the same 12 episodes of a show thrice, going for a fourth time, with songs that all sound the same.

idolm is a doormat franchise that is really easy to expand.
LL's high school premise can not allow the show to pass 2 season mark. I honestly think that LL should've been Muse's story and that's it, but money talks.
I'm kind of hoping for something different for Sunshine's second season but after Aqours are killed off I see no real reason to continue supporting Love Live.

Puchimasu>LLS2>LL movie>CGS1>CG Gekijou>LLS1>IM@S movie>A-1 IM@S>Sunshine>CGS2>Xenoglossia

>LL's high school premise can not allow the show to pass 2 season mark.
why?

LLS2>WUG>LLS1>CG>AKB0048>IM@S>Puchi>CGS2>LLSunshine

I really liked CGS2 until the ending. That ending really, whew.

Meaning they can't move story beyond high school and have to create new set of idols. LL is supposed to be an amateur competition for high schoolers, unless they change their rules and allow college to participate, that would give more room for s3 but that's not going to happen.