CGDCT

What makes SoLs like KON and Gochiusa successful and shows like Kiniro and Hinako Notes a failure?

S*aro

Kiniro is very popular. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Kiniro Mosaic didn't flop, though. As for Hinako Note, I guess most SOL fans aren't fond of ecchi scenes.

Kiniro Mosaic did well. I can't say the same for Stella no Mahou, Hinako, or Urara. But Gochuumon is just a cut above the rest with great designs and adorable characters.

I enjoyed all of those so fuck you

Famous studio.

This. The fact that Passione and Gokumi haven't gone under yet is startling.

Hinako was literally made to be motorboated.

I don't know, what makes shows like Haruhi successful while generic school harems flop? Innovation and execution my friend.

Kiniro and Gochiusa came out at the right time.
I mean, A-channel also sold well because of that, but would you say it's better than Urara, Stella no Mahou, Sansha Sanyou or Anne Happy?

How can Sup Forumsnons not like this?

I'm not sure. They are probably just gay.

>Kiniro
>failure

bait.jpg

>tries to be funny
>it isn't
>tries to be cute instead
>doesn't work either
>go full lewd in the end
>too late, nobody cared at that point
Not even surprised desu, in the end it was just mediocre and indecisive

i thought it was cute lewd and funny, i enjoyed it.
>indecisive
Isn't that every cgdct

With K-ON and GochiUsa most if not all of the girls are amazing. In Hinako Note there were maybe 1 or 2 girls that were even above average.

K-on and Gochi have parts that actually make me laugh, although they're somewhat rare
Kiniro never made me laugh so I dropped it after a couple of episodes although I wanted to keep waching for Karen. Plus the engrish was fucking unbearable

>Isn't that every cgdct
Hinako Note was uniquely unfocused. It had the cafe and the drama club and felt like it didn't really know what it wanted to be. Most CGDCTs start with a premise or gimmick and stick with it, i.e. music club, cafe, office.
It also felt like it didn't really know how lewd it wanted to go, the fanservice felt out of nowhere when it happened.

And yet every one on this list is equally inferior to NNB.

I didn't even know hinako had ecchi scenes
I watched the first episode, didn't particularly like it, and dropped the season

a show that works has characters with personality and depth and uniqueness, and that feel fresh.

a show that flops has characters that are shallow and feel like overdone tropes we've already seen before. these shows have gags that are too predictable. they aim too often to be funny or silly, instead of trying to humanize the girls and give them flaws and quirks and reactions that are believable and relatable.

its hard to really construct a scene that adds depth to a character, while at the same time keeping the characters consistent and believable.

>K-ON
K-on is unironically an excellent anime. It deserves all the praise it get.
>Gochiusa
I think it's biggest strength is being very balanced. It's cute, but not too cute. It's funny but also comfy. It has fanservice but not too much, it's also classy in it's own way. It's soothing but not dull. It's /u/ but not too /u/. It's also looks and sounds good.
>Kiniro
Good premise, but it quickly drop it and become very generic CGDCT, with rather awkward yuri. I don't hate it, but I didn't even watch that long OVA they released.
>Hinako Notes
I dropped it almost immediately. I disliked both the 'jokes' and the characters. I probably should have given it more of a chance.

Kiniro was a strange one, it started out fine but it lost its charm later on. After that I started to watch YuYr which I found funnier and easy to watch through.

Yeah, I think so too. By the second season I started to hate pretty much every character, including Karen.
Yuru Yuri is one of the most appreciable moe shows.

Good production values, animation and studio... The art quality in K-ON & Gochiusa makes the girls and setting more beautiful and cinematic.

I love Kiniro Mosaic though. But the characters are a bit stiff and flat looking and it goes to chibi style often.

It was lewd from the start bro. If anything it did a good job at adapting the manga.

i want to cover rize in my cum

/r/ your Chiaki folder

Where do you even start with her?

Kiniro? Kiniro Mosaic? I loved it.

facesitting or assjob

>KON
best urara

I want to fuck KON.

Only Chiya can and your name isn't Chiya.

My name isn't Ch-
>and your name isn't Chiya.
Holy fuck, how did you know that?

Intuition.

What makes Gochiusa and K-on failures while Non Non Biyori is successful?

>Gochiusa
>Failure

I've readied the noose for you

By me.

The biyoris act like normal country kids.

The rabbits act like generic moeblobs who please old men for money.

by me

I wanted to like Hinako Notes. Hell, after all the lewd spamage, I wanted to go back and pick it up. I couldn't stand how utterly boring it was though. The successful SOLs knew how to keep it interesting.

It's Moeblobs Doing Nothing No. 802701. What does it do that NNB doesn't?

Karen and Ayaya carried the show.

The amount of people who like them.

Nyanko days a best CGDCT

>there are people in here who didn't like this

Ok, thread lived long enough, time to let it go.

>CGDCT
CCDCT

How could I forget the fantastic threesome potential this show had.

Can't think of a Slice of life show I've hated, even considering I'm now close to 35 of them watched.

The one I've heard the probably the most criticised or hated is A-Channel.

It was cute but generic as anything.

Those perfectly drawn teeth get me every time

But A-Channel was good.

they frighten me

 ▲  ▲

Watched
>Gochiusa
>NNB
>Urara
>Kiniro
dropped Hinako Notes because is feels very bland.

Best sol was GJ-bu
unless Acchi Kocchi counts

>Ayaya
One Character too many.
It's Aya.

I got hard. I guess it's time to pick up Hinako.

How real they manage to make their characters.
How earnest and meaningful but also natural and fun they make their relationships and interactions feel.
How they manage to set the mood well when the characters are just not doing anything special, just interacting.
How cute and likable all of them are.
How much they manage to reduce the friction between anime and the viewer, to make it as the viewer can feel part of that world.
That depends on how they can set a tone and build a sort of emotional trust with the viewer and its suspension of disbelief.

There's a lot of it really.

It does.

pls leave digi

Note didnt appeal to CGDCT target demo of lolicons.

Put on a pot of coffee

Hinako Note only stands out due to how bold it was with lewdness sometimes.
The service scenes were highly erotic.

>Kirino Mosaic
>flop
>when Karen exist

She ruined the whole episode.

Stella no mahou was way better than it had any right to be, also the ost was good

I don't like lewd in my cgdct

Don't worry user it's okay to be gay

Gochiusa is a masterpiece simply for the reason that it has complex themes that really makes you think.

Yes, just reading Gochiusa made me an engineer.

Yes, just watching Gochiusa made me a lawyer.

Yuru Yuri is objectively the best sol anime ever made

Reminder that mods hate s*aro threads.
Which is fine, since we should have threads dedicated to my second daughter, Megu-tan!

My doughtet Maya could beat your doughter Megu

>Reminder that mods hate s*aro threads.
Why?

Good directing and characterization.

Unironically I really appreciate how far Gochiusa goes with its rabbit theme while not feeling forced.

This and memes (i.e. marketing).

I'd like some more kafuu chino.

I think you've had enough

Gochiusa unrionically has the best threads and the funniest memes, even if they are a little repeating. At least they try to keep it fresh every time.. I smile everytime I enter those threads.

Why was this deleted?
Also mods love Chiya.

>The rabbits act like generic moeblobs who please old men for money.
No they don't. If anything the Gochiusa girls are the complete opposite of sluts.

You aren't allowed in any more threads

But there weren't any C.

I just want to know why the Gochiusa fans are unique compared to the other fans. Zero (0) yuri posting, 100% sex posting.

>Hinako Note
Because it's not a kirara, it's from Comic Cune, and that magazine is (mostly) utter garbage.

Kiniro is plenty successful, just not as much as the aforementioned two.

I'm still sad Stella no Mahou flopped, but the adaptation just wasn't very good from the direction point of view (quite faithful in terms of plot except for fucking with timeline unnecessarily, so can't say much there), they went with generic healing tone whereas the manga was always more of an acerbic comedy that reflects well what do you get in indie gamedev when you have a couple of weirdos with attitude trying to work together. Of course kirara'd into cute and nice girls, but still. I'd have preferred something more Geijutsuka-style for concentrated joke bombardment or Anne Happy-style for the rough treatment. I still enjoyed what we've got, they kinda focused on Tamaki's motivation throughout and that was ok, but was just hoping for a different style.

Oh and by the way the v2 of blu-rays with proper (non-Moozzi) raws and heavily TLC'd subs are out, and the manga scanlation is up to ch.11, if anyone's interested.

>Kiniro is plenty successful
And I don't get why. It's terribly bland. I tried to like it but I just can't. Not like the characters were any good too.

I wish Wakabe girl could've been successful instead of Kiniro.

Can't say I didn't like it, and the concept and the first couple of episodes were extremely enjoyable for me, but then it just grew incredibly repetitive and only shone a couple of times, like the musical. But moonpeople liked it enough for S2 and a short movie.

Its because my wife Chino is so cute

One of my favorite pages in the early chapters. I still want to try bagna càuda but going to Italy (or for that matter anywhere at all) is too expensive.

Oh and just for you, translation of text in the VN screenshots on the right, which was way too small to put in there (some will appear later though):

---------------------

1. Pull Tomoko's hand
2. Catch the girl

As we were talking, a girl in a uniform with a piece of bread in her mouth jumped out of the side street! "Look out...!" At this rate, she was going to crash right into Tomoko!

---------------------

The girl blasts through the spot where Tomoko was standing at and runs off into the distance, leaving a contrail behind... That was dangerous. "Thanks, I've misjudged you." "No need for thanks, I'd rather ask you to forget about the 2300 yen I've borrowed the other day." "I can't do that."

---------------------

I step in front of Tomoko and catch the girl in the uniform! "You have my thanks, young one." - the girl's bread suddenly spoke. "I am the god of bread. Right now, for certain reasons, I am manifesting this girl as a puppet. This must be some kind of destiny, so I shall bestow upon you a small part of my power."

Kiniro >>>>> Gochiusa in 2016