Why didn't they do something like this?

Why did they go with the current poor terrible art?

pic related

bottom looks so much better

The DB art style took a massive hit after Frieza saga. Cell saga to current year it looks like shit.

>the current poor terrible art
Because your opinion is irrelevant to what they do.

Hello 90's kid
I totally agree with you, plus Dragon Ball Super is an anime for kids. You won't find any scene as cruel or as violent as you used to see in Z.

But this board is full of faggots so probably they'll suck Akira's fat nip balls

The quality also started getting really bad at some point in the middle of SSJ Goku vs Frieza. It would vary episode to episode based on whatever animator's team was doing it.

It got a bit better mid-Cell saga, though there were still moments, and mostly improved going into Buu - though the art style changed by Buu to have more jagged edges instead of the original art style's more "rounded-ness" if you follow me

I mean guys, look at this

How can anyone think left isn't 100 times better?

Because good art requires money and talent to animate, and DBS has neither.

>Because your opinion is irrelevant to what they do.
What a gigantic faggot. Kys

>No argument
Your tears are delicious.

but you also had crap in dbz, however the style was much much better for a violent anime than this plastic wannabe HD version

Buu saga had by far the best art ever

They had less crap overall, more money, and also more talent. They don't need to try with DBS, they know it will be popular no matter what, so they spend the bare minimum.

>Complain about Toei's shitty animation / art

It is like complaning about why there is so much shit in a sewer. You retarded, nigga?

fuck yes, but for the most popular anime in the west they should at least put some effort on it

Look at death note, absolutely perfect flawless animation AND they don't abuse the shiny HD aspect DBS aims at

>Look at death note, absolutely perfect flawless animation
What?

>Having this mentality

This was an honest answer, which means you really think like this. I feel so sorry for you, you must be so miserable.

I wish I could help you, I wish I could talk you out of this poor harsh reality you must be living in, but given the limitations of our interaction I'll just tell you to kill yourself faggot

For what purpose? Like look at Iphone, you can put minimum effort in and retards would still eat that shit right up. Be grateful they atleast colored your shitty anime

If you dont like it then wait for the manga like me

DBZ had crappier art a lot of the time, but the animation still looked okay - even when it came to the repetitive characters throwing punches and kicks at each other bits of the fight DBZ does it better - nothing like

prove me wrong

Awww, user. You really are that insecure.

Go on. Let it all out.

>post wedding Dragon Ball
AHAHAHAHAHHA

That's a still, and this show didn't even need animation for the most part when dialogue was its "forte".

>Martial Arts Dragon Ball was bad

Looks like shit

I mean after Goku's and Chi Chi's wedding.
You know, when battles were decided by techniques and combat instead of who had the spikiest haircut.

>you're actually right

I feel fucking betrayed
DBZ was a top tier anime, with violent, manly content and today it's something that could perfectly be at discovery kids

plastic shitty animation resembling Kai, what piece of fucking shit mate

How do I cope

That's what I mean. It's really sad that powerlevels were so popular with kids that it became the main focus of the series and now they are more popular with adults, they literally discuss them to no end on youtube.

DBZ has always been the capeshit of anime.
Every single arc was the same shit all the time, every single villain having zero motivation.
They fought until someone started screaming, got a new haircut, and suddenly his punches were a bazillion times stronger.
I think the concept of Super Saiyans is what truly ruined Dragon Ball.

The firs Kai OP is not that bad animation-wise.

You're both faggots but
Whoever posted this is the biggest faggot because its both smug and an obvious statement so the only point to posting it was to pretend to be clever and stroke your epeen instead of watching anime.
Keep Yourself Safe my dude.

Realise that the only reason you like it is because it reminds you of your childhood. Because it's utter shit

Woh dude, careful with all that EDGE. I almost got cut.

Cheaper to do it in Digital sadly

3D models are cheaper and faster.
Look like shit compared to a mediocre ep of DBZ or DB but it's kind of serviceable.

recommend me a violent manly anime that isn't from the 80's-90's

is this shit real

>not liking the late DBZ style
i mean i prefer saiyan saga myself but i think it can be argued that buu saga has the best art in all of dragonball

That's the point.
Why put any effort when people are going to watch it anyway?

Can't believe we are talking about DB in 2017

Yeah, franchise should have stayed in it's well deserved grave.

WHY IS JIREN SO SEXY?

why there are new games coming out every year and new episodes of the anime every week

also new "manga" whatever that is

dragonball has never gone out of style. it's as popular as mario

It really doesn’t.

even more unbelievable is me posting into a DB thread

Post the webm of that cell fight though, It doesn't look nearly as bad in motion, while that scene in Super looks bad in both instances.

I don't even mind generic ki-blast spam, but for fucks sake the way they're moving their limbs is so god damned awkward.

Stop comparing a character in motion to a shot of the character standing still and talking. You're hurting my feelings.

>muh old skool Maeda masterstyle
/r/dbz is over there.
Honestly, it's not very animation friendly as it emphasizes line work and form, and doesn't make for very fluid animation if you've got a literal Tpei budget. Yamamuro's style works well enough for webgen animation if done right, so I don't think it needs to revert. And that OP image looks terrible anyway for a still drawing.

*Toei

Based Toyotaro's artstyle is way better than that shitty try hard 90's look.
Toriyama didn't even draw like that OP's pic.
One thing is true though Toei a shit.

But that's the same plastic shit from the anime.

That's the one and only plasticy picture out of all his promotional pictures.

>kais in bikes
>Trunks in a car
Great, they replaced a retard with another retard.

They've already added a piss filter. What they actually need to do is just stop making the characters look plastic with all the shine.

>not noticing the great homages to Toriyama's old cover art
newfags plz go

Why would you pay any homage to that senile fuck who has been actively sabotaging DB for years, and who didn't let DB rest in peace just for the sake of some easy bucks?

what point are you exactly trying to prove with that vague statement?

>Watching anything past Cell

That's where you fucked up.

>unironically disliking Boo aka best saga ever

>Genuinely liking Gohan and wanting him to have a moment without fucking it up or being a cocky prick
>Hating CHADhan posters with all my heart and wanting to see them get BTFO
Being a non-CHADhan Gohan fan is suffering.

>DBZ
>Not an anime for kids

Can we talk about Kid Gohan's broken neck scene for a moment?

>MUH MANLY ANIME
I bet you're a closetfag that looks likes Jojo.

Dragon Ball was always for kids("""teens"""), it's just that modern Nip children are a lot more cucked than the ones in the 80s. Plus it's literally in a SatAM timeslot so you have to lower the demographic just a bit more.
Also
>plastic shitty animation resembling Kai
>resembling Kai
Whatdidhemeanbythis?

This. Freeza was the peak in terms of animation. Many animators left or stopped supervising after that so that's the reason

Not him but I wish I looked like Jojo, instead I look like a flaccid pancake

Huh... the current anime has been using filters like those since the beginning of this arc.

Left is an early preview shot, right is final. There was also an episode preview where they forgot to apply the filter, so you could compare the preview scenes with the next episode.

right looks better that shit looked nothing like the original artstyle

Dragon Ball was never edgy. The US dub just pretended it was by having everyone talk in a gruff music over shitty metal music.

You need to relax, man.

>Yamamuro's style

Still shit, no matter what "le old colors xD" they use

are you retarded?

Art style wouldn't have saved it. Toei is just not what it used to be. Yeah you can blame the weekly schedule for Super looking bad, but that doesn't explain the two movies. Two theatrical features, that do look good, but don't compare to the best Z movies or the 10th Anniversary movie.

The Death Note anime looked like shit most of the time.

It was for kids back then, it's just that standards and practices have changed since, and yes this is from the sub, not the dub.

BAIT ME!

Reminder Yamamuro was just an animation supervisor in the Z era (however, he provided some designs). DBZ main character designers were Maeda ('till Garlick Jr. fillers) and Nakatsuru (since episode 121). Yamamuro's actually style is caused by him being used to One Piece so much he forgot to design DB characters.

That Toriyama is hack that deserves to be replaced and forgotten since it's obvious no one has the decency of letting Dragon Ball die.

Are you?

Bottom really does look better.

Didn't watch DBZ but shit on it for the sake of being a contrarian faggot: The post.

>b-b-but contrarian
Only possible argument to defend that shitshow.

It's obvious to any person who watched DBZ with their eyes that you have a very surficial knowledge of the show. So yeah, back to your containment board, Mel/v/in.

Are you implying there's any depth to DBZ?

You can find "depth" in Teletubbies if you want to. It depends completely on subjective interpretation.

i miss the most is the hair from Z

Toyo is just discount toriyama and his art will never get even close to capture the greatness of the OG manga

So there's not.
AKA, DBZ is a stupid show that destroyed everything that made Dragon Ball decent.

>implying that Dragon Ball was decent

I bet every time you open your mouth it's heralded by the immediate arrival of a team of plumbers.

It depends on your taste honestly. A lot of people prefer the more "rounded" art style from early DB. Although I agree with you, I think the Buu arc style looks better for a battle shonen

>claims Death Note has flawless animation
>someone calls him on his bullshit
>OH YEAH
>posts a still

>not liking Faulconer and Sabat Vegeta

Do you speak exclusively in buzzwords?

Imagine being this buttblasted over nothing

>fanwankingTaro
>good

That guy is ruining the lore by his MUH UNVINCIBLE U7

No, just over Toriyama being a hack.