What does Sup Forums think of Gates- Thus Jsdf Fought There

What does Sup Forums think of Gates- Thus Jsdf Fought There

Has moments but is really just Japanese nationalism wish-fulfillment.

FWIW: I am really happy that Japan is finally moving towards having a proper military. They'll need it sooner than later.

Jsdf propaganda aimed at neets. They chose really shitty enemies to fight against

Interesting premise buried under isekai wish-fulfillment and waifus.

Love the concept, but the nationalism annoys me and it feels a bit too easy for the cast. I want a real "invading an isekai" story complete with imperial rivalries and atrocities.

It amused me greatly.

>Sup Forums

I want to deep-dick Rory Mercury.
That is all

If you can get through the blatant propaganda, it's actually a fairly entertaining Humanity-fuck-yeah flick

completely forgettable though
In any way, have the manga managed to catch up to the anime yet?

Ranges from garbage to eh.

I enjoyed it. Though mediocre compared to other isekai, but still enjoyable for me. I browse Sup Forums though, so I guess that explains it. The manga is still superior the anime, since it isn't as censored and toned down on the nudity, violence and nationalism as the anime is
Not yet, they're at around Jade Palace's siege

>that Unit 731 episode
HOLY SHIT

gate? more like bait lmao

What episode brah?

>Sup Forums
Fuck off and kill yourself, newfag.

Proof that nationalism is cancer

Why were the Japanese allowed to venture into the GATE without the consent of America? Why did the Japanese feel the need to use such excessive force against literal roman soldiers? What exactly was the purpose of this series in the end? There was no moral, lesson, nothing.

The girls are cute. Unfortunately it's blatant nationalist self wankery.

Is this a "Japanese Nationalism in anime/manga" thread? Post your favorite examples.

I was actually expecting it to be a lot more jingoistic than it ended up being. At least so far as the anime was concerned. Haven't read the.. anything. I liked it well enough though I suppose.

if the show was exactly the same but with Americans nobody would even mention MUH NATIONALIST WANK

you're probably right but personally i think blind nationalism is gay in general

>you're probably right
Try watching any US series and watch the wanking go overdrive.

I want to run my fingers through her royal bush.

Lots of great ideas from classic sci-fis and likeable characters especially with Rory, but really shitty execution and just a blatant mashup of all junky fantasy fluff.

There was a shitton of opportunities for good storytelling mostly wasted; culture clash, politics, a well thought out and fleshed out fantasy realm, etc.

I liked the manga, but its a series of sketches rather than a coherent story with a proper narrative and focus.

All adaptations from WN to Anime have been watering down the jingoism.

Drifters is much better, MC is an actual warrior not some bitch-ass JSDF.

i was honestly in it only for guns and tanks

I was there for best plon

Ain't nothing will ever compete with dat ass.

Lelei was very very cute.

Unironically this

I figured as much. Worst the anime really got was that one asshole journalist picking on the poor JDF. Even the lolmerica stuff was less outright spiteful and more a means for the story.

Gay

i'm only keeping the episodes with modern weapon vs. medieval/dragon battles, and rory killing everything
the rest of it is pointless nationalistic masturbation