Urusei Yatsura

Did anyone actually finish all 195 episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bdhIu94m6JI
youtube.com/watch?v=F7iyV142LrE&index=47&list=PLft-ctSdHsae8iJGm0pJDXNRpVQwTu2Ja
youtube.com/watch?v=gMgO8q1Dmm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes
and the 11 ovas
and the 7 movies
and i fucking miss this show

/thread

I watched the first 194 episodes, then dropped it.

Most people only watch the .webm's and the second movie.

Sometimes they pretend they've seen all the Oshii episodes just because.

Episode 194 is a repeat of episode 44. Why would you drop it there?

I have like 200 pictures of this girl and I've never seen this anime

you have comedy episodes, drama episodes, mega romantic episodes...even action
watch it...with time, no rush, it's totally worth it

I will eventually.

The only episode I wasn't able to finish was the one with the one-off camera crew, I just thought that one was fucking awful.

I've finished closer to a tenth of that. But I do intend on getting up to episode 106 and watching Beautiful Dreamer before the year is up.

youtube.com/watch?v=bdhIu94m6JI

You actually watched this?

is the stream still after all this time?

its well animated

No not that episode, I mean this one youtube.com/watch?v=F7iyV142LrE&index=47&list=PLft-ctSdHsae8iJGm0pJDXNRpVQwTu2Ja

It was the 80s in North America, we didn't have a choice of Anime. We were happy to see anything

Friends dad would go to Japan on business now and then. Friend and I waited with baited breath to see what he brought back. All we asked for was "VHS Animation", every tape blew our minds

oh the memories...yes this one...i remember finishing it and wish for a joint to watch it again. i didn't have one
probably had some logic...i didn't catch it thou

Best thing about wining WW2 was Japan being on NTSC

i use you watch it on bbc a long time ago, late nights

Not only did I finish it, I did it with Sup Forums.
How I miss the streams.

Ranma is way better because it has kung-fu fighting

Ranma isn't way better because it has lots of awful filler

and akane
dat shinobu tough

Ranma is worse because Rumiko forced her shitty self insert as the main heroine and boycotted the other girls due to her paranoia of it ending the same way UY did.
Only spics believe Ranma is better.

Why don't you check it yourself?

Why were nipple sightings so rare in this show? It's like every character had at least one, but they were all spread out across 195 episodes, 6 movies and 12 OVAs.

Dropped after like 15 episodes, couldn't bear the exaggerated slapstick comedy anymore.
It's like watching Japanese Keystone Cops.

That and they never showed Lum's boobs again.

Shit taste confirm.

Been watching it on and off for almost a year now,picked up the paced recently so I can move on to something else.

there are some eps that you just want to move on

Why?

there are some strange ones like the ones mentioned above. still, it's a great show

Problably the most fun show I've ever watched.

I watched like 20 eps in a row a couple years ago and put it at the very bottom of my backlog for a long holiday. I kind of got turned off when people implied that there was no satisfying romantic end after all that story. It's uh... very Rumiko Takahashi. Gives me strong nostalgic Inuyasha vibes, but it's admittedly not as frustratingly shitty.

I have, and it's still arguably my favorite anime.

The anime finale actually does have some pay off.

It's completely filler though, so it gets ignored in the following OVAs and movies which generally a more based on the manga (you can also see Lum's fanclub getting very reduced roles in those, since they basically disappear from the manga after Mendou's debut).

Is this an example of an anime where literally every girl is the best girl?

That's Hero Academia

yes, 1 episode a day for 214 days

Just finished the OVAs last week. It's not even as long as a lot of shounenshit. Why wouldn't you finish something this good?

What is his problem?

youtube.com/watch?v=gMgO8q1Dmm4

How is it good?

the same reason seinfeld is good
original comedy, likable cast

he knew he was a secondary character

Funny, great animation and character designs, Ataru and Lum are both great characters, you never know what's going to happen next. It's probably my favorite anime to be honest.

Was it a slow day at the office?

Now that I think about it I did actually skip a bunch of episodes, not a significant amount but a few.
Mostly if it was going to be one of those episodes where they act out some Japanese play or drama or a period piece episode I skipped it because they just were not that interesting if you had no clue what they were referencing.
I watched this like 10 years ago now though.

>Madoka's movie 3 is great and full of originality.

Have you ever seen BEAUTIFUL DREAMER even once?

Watched all the Oshii episodes and planning to watch the rest by the end of the year. I doubt the rest of the series will be as good though.

get out of here you filthy casual scum and take your naruto with you

I did. And very quickly, too. It was good.
I've also seen the movies, OVAs, and read the manga.

Most of the characters are great, comedy-wise. Except for Ryunosuke's dad. I've always hated him.

It actually is.
The assistant director Yamazaki took over, and he's arguably more artsy partsy than Oshii.

You know that's not true

You're probably right desu but I hear a lot of good things about this show so it's on my list for now

Don't be intimidated by the length of the show. It's really fun and goes a lot quicker than you'd expect.

I agree. I got it over in under a month, since it was so great. There were days I watched 10 episodes.

I love Lum-chan.

I spent every other summer (June) in Japan visiting family.. I'd get caught up and bring back my trove of UY VHS.. It was a girl in met in my uncle's neighborhood who got me hooked on it. Would record and watch new episodes with her as they came on, we'd go see the movies. God I'm getting old.

The episodes with both Ryunnuske and Benten are some of the best.. On the cool lesbian tension long before Steven Universe.

>cool lesbian tension long before Steven Universe
This sentence is disgusting. One, there was no lesbian tension. Two, Steven Universe is stupid.
Go back to Sup Forums.

Hate to say it, but this series' most serious obstacle was Takahashi herself. In fact, it still is.
If it were to be rebooted and Takahashi's influence kept to a bare minimum, it could easily be the biggest thing, eclipsing the Simpsons..
Especially if the dub gets the Ghost Stories treatment!
Ryunnuske and Benten episodes under those conditions could break the internet.
Just some passing thoughts as I get reacquainted with this great work.

Sure kid. Now the folks whose gonads are working are talking.. Go play with yourself in the corner until your voice drops an octave or you need a training bra.

I recently finished all 165 episodes of Ranma, so 195 episodes of UR that is supossed to be better shouldn't be a problem.

>the cool lesbian tension long before Steven Universe.
Sorry but I legit don't understand what this means. Mind explaining it with a bit more detail?

you coulda probably stopped after season 3 huh? I love that show for the ingenuity of the early episodes but it kinda devolves into a low budget sitcom

It means he's stupid.
Most of Sup Forums dislikes Sup Forums and the shitty shows it consumes. Fuck off.
Anyway, Lum-chan sure is cute, huh?

The episode where Benten and Ryunnuske first meet. Can't recall the number off the top of my head, but the episode involved finding a girl's kitten and the theft of a bike gang leaders ride..
That tension was fully acknowledged at the very end of the episode as they were parting. Ryunnuske making clear as usual she was a girl, Benten gives her a wry smile and says "I know"..

That was not what I was confused about you guy, it was the Steven Universe part. Why name drop that show specifically?

Wow, where to start with you? First, I'm half Japanese and get WAAAAY more of this than you ever will on your best days.
As such, let me explain a Japanese cultural deal about this: It ain't the focus but nobody really cares and reacts like you are. If anything, the idea of dating a girl whose into girls as well makes her more desirable. Can you guess why? I don't have to guess youngster.
Lum is indeed the hotness..
Anyways, what you're missing is that it adds a subtle layer of mischievousness to Benten, also explains her excessively violent reactions to several male characters advances. And the episode with the Tengus and their sex change weapons?
Even Rebecca Sugar won't go there.

Everyone here stateside is just all worked up about how that show is "breaking new ground". I was simply pointing out that it had been done better long before most of the Steven Universe cast and creators were even born.
Also trying to pull a Japan to America comparison. As a Japanese American I have some unique understandings of both cultures and cultural touchstones.
I was pointing out that these two in a limited way shared a trait.

Autism.

You are the one self inserting here. Rsnma wasn't harem, you whore.

No one in the whole thread mentioned SU or any other such shows. Adding to that, no one with even a passing knowledge of anime/manga titles would ever mention what your strawman is arguing; I mean just knowing of shows like Utena or hell even Sailor Moon with its yuri shipping would just disqualify the so called praise you're saying people give SU. Am I arguing that retards don't exist? No but that's beside the point. People call crap like Fairy Tail or Bleach the best manga to ever exist but you don't go around mentioning that they are bad titles everytime you see the word "comic book" around, do you?
Basically what I'm saying is that your comment is not only useless, completely unrelated to the subject at hand and just mentioning obvious crap as if it were some kind of amazing discovery but that you should also lurk more.

He was shitty anime only character.

>He was shitty
You shut your filthy mouth. Megane was the best non-female character, even better than Ataru and Mendou.

I already downloaded the whole show and its not like I had anything better to do, I just wish they at least showed more advances in Ranma and Akane relationship. I heard they marry in the manga tho

You should try getting a life, it actually adds to the experience of living.
I mentioned SU to point out that it's main claim to originality was in fact far older and better done in UY.
You should lurk more on that crazy thing called having a life. I hear all the cool kids are into it these days.
Now get off my land you snot nosed brat.. That's right, I don't have a lawn, I have Texas acreage.
I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather, at least if your mom was a teen Mom..

Megane had an intensity that was unmatched.. But Ataru came through where Megane came up short time after time.. Agreed that he outdid Mendou in spades. Mendou just had the money, Megane brought just his intensity.
Guts are enough.

Episode 75 was dark... Really, really dark.

Just a warning, that style variation really starts in the early 30s and increases from there, when the anime staff starts picking single chapter stories from the manga and expanding them into full episodes, or just original stories.

During the beginning of the show, when they're doing two stories per episode (which continues for a little while even after they stop giving a separate title to the second one) it's pure Rumiko humor.

He wasn't really anime-only, he just disappears from the manga soon after Mendo's introductory. Look at the space cap chapter and other early stories and those four will be there.

The 2nd anime staff actually does a lot to keep many of Oshii's additions to the show and the show's animation actually improves. It's obviously still different people executing things though, so it's not really the same.

The big shifts in the series and movies really betrays the what must have been open tensions between Takahashi and her crew and the anime production folks.. Lum the Forever was more like a tense family therapy session with some bad blood being let out. The director was obviously in a dark place.

It's not like 195 episodes is that big of a number.

Just looked up the binge watch clock on this. Skipping into and end credits it weighed in at just a few minutes over 4 days and an hour of nonstop watching.
Not the worst way to blow over half a week.

Yeah, that's the one.. Up until that scene they had me wondering if a reboot or unexpected end was planned. I saw it for the first time when it ran on TV.. Yeah.. I'm in my 40's... Everyone was freaked out who was watching it with me. LOL! My cousin Megumi was crying!

I watched it all over a period of two years, it's definitely doable.

I've even rewatched some episodes multiple times, but having looked at some webms and episode synopsis I realize I've forgotten most of the episodes outside of the basic premise, and there's even a few I have no recollection of watching at all. Been thinking of watching it all over again since I finished it before the blu rays were even announced.

benten is good

benten is good

I skipped some of the last ones probably 10-12, which were bad in comparison with the previous ones both script and technically.

Casual.

I couldn't bear to watch one of my favourite series go to shit in that way, it was quite sad because at that point they clearly ran out of ideas, plus the animation's quality took a massive dive

It was good the whole way through, other than a couple recaps.

Is that considered a lot?